Discuss Scratch

MagicCoder330
Scratcher
500+ posts

make a scratch editor dark theme

Techno-CAT wrote:

Logged in for the first time in yonks, can't believe this was still on first page of suggestions. 140k post views and 3.6k posts. Incredible.
My one issue with this is nothing constructive is happening anymore. We should stop posting here unless we have something to add.

Hello, this is my signature! it goes under every post I make and isn't part of it. shift control down and such to see more

I think I might have closed a legend

My interpretation of the Scratch Room

* Low floor: It should be easy to climb in and get started with Scratch - even for Scratchers who have no experience programming. - This does NOT mean complex things shouldn't be added. Making the ceiling higher or the walls wider doesn't make the floor harder to get on.
* Wide walls: Scratchers should be able to make all kinds of things with Scratch - not just animations and games, but news programs, science experiments, things we can't even imagine. - Wide walls means that some things that may be unconventional or odd or “useless” at first glance may still be worthwhile to add, because some people may find them useful for making new unique things.
* High Ceiling: Even though it's easy for someone who is new to programming to get started with Scratch, it should still be possible to make complex stuff. - Although the floor is there, many forumers just look up at the ceiling rather than thinking about the floor. They say “this would be too complicated, new Scratchers wouldn't understand it” without considering the fact that it can be worked up to with the handy floor we have.

Get games off the other categories!
8to16
Scratcher
500+ posts

Bump because of one of the 3425849327982347298543789 dark mode duplicates.

This is my signature. In my signature, I can go off-topic as much as I want and advertise! hehehe >:)
Did this post help? Consider giving me BlockBit!
the scratch movie # my beepbox compositions # free image hosting for forums # order at the catio

Scratch 4.0 beta is out! https://scratch.mit.edu/scratch4beta
8to16
Scratcher
500+ posts

8to16 wrote:

Bump because of one of the 3425849327982347298543789 dark mode duplicates.
Bumping again because I can't see it on the 1st page.

This is my signature. In my signature, I can go off-topic as much as I want and advertise! hehehe >:)
Did this post help? Consider giving me BlockBit!
the scratch movie # my beepbox compositions # free image hosting for forums # order at the catio

Scratch 4.0 beta is out! https://scratch.mit.edu/scratch4beta
iw131
Scratcher
100+ posts

Turbpwarp and extensions do this, so why can an entire team who developed scratch implement it

eͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤeͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤeͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤeͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤeͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤeͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤ
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
eͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤeͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤeͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤeͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤeͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤeͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤͤ
GoodGoldlyJesus
Scratcher
39 posts

iw131 wrote:

Turbowarp and extensions do this, so why can an entire team who developed scratch implement it
I have not a clue. Maybe one day when scratch gets a significant update it'll be added… hopefully..

The Backrooms
Play In Turbowarp Here
Elijah999999
Scratcher
1000+ posts

iw131 wrote:

Turbpwarp and extensions do this, so why can an entire team who developed scratch implement it
As I said earlier, YouTube is worth $350-400 billion and they couldn't even make dark mode without it being glitchy. You'd be surprised by how complicated it is.

Although this would be a nice feature, I don't find I can think of any reason that it's extremely important. It would be nice if this were added, but I can see that the Scratch Team has better things to do.
ThisIsTemp1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Elijah999999 wrote:

iw131 wrote:

As I said earlier, YouTube is worth $350-400 billion and they couldn't even make dark mode without it being glitchy. You'd be surprised by how complicated it is.

Although this would be a nice feature, I don't find I can think of any reason that it's extremely important. It would be nice if this were added, but I can see that the Scratch Team has better things to do.

Accessibility. They can literally get sued.

Last edited by ThisIsTemp1 (Sept. 19, 2024 21:46:59)

This post may have inaccurate info. If so, bear with me.

Welcome to my signature. If you notice the line there, that ends my post, and begins my signature! Use Ctrl+Shift+Down to see the rest of it!
My signature can be as offtopic as I want it to be,as long as it doesn't break the community guidelines!

Made my PFP great again

An potato resides in my signature but left my milestone, how nice.

:100th post
500th post

I like doing schoolwork and foruming.
—————————–
/potato \ Potato's house.
——————————

This potato will hopefully one day become a real one.
This was on trending for hurricane search results:https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1024508037/ (I can advertise here)

Raw_Productions
Scratcher
100+ posts

Elijah999999 wrote:

iw131 wrote:

people with sensitive eyes can't do anything on this sight with it being so bright, and sometimes you can even see some words cause there in gray and the colors don't mix well. This would also apply to people with photophobia.
sonic__fan
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Raw_Productions wrote:

people with sensitive eyes can't do anything on this sight with it being so bright, and sometimes you can even see some words cause there in gray and the colors don't mix well. This would also apply to people with photophobia.
It's absolutely hilarious that the Scratch Team said that the purple update would make the site easier to use, when in reality, they made the sight easier to use for some and harder to use for others. Some people see purple better than blue, while others see blue easier than purple. There was no net gain nor loss, so in a way, this update was pointless.
by the allspark the scratch team is doing their best but their decisions are so infuriating

This is my signature. It is not a part of this post and it appears under every post I make.
Sonic Says
Every world has its end. I know that's kinda sad, but, that's why we have to live life to the fullest in the time we have. At least… that's what I figure.
Hey there, I'm sonic__fan. I just look for good suggestions to add to Scratch.
TECHNOBLADE NEVER DIES
starlightsparker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

sonic__fan wrote:

It's absolutely hilarious that the Scratch Team said that the purple update would make the site easier to use, when in reality, they made the sight easier to use for some and harder to use for others. Some people see purple better than blue, while others see blue easier than purple. There was no net gain nor loss, so in a way, this update was pointless.
by the allspark the scratch team is doing their best but their decisions are so infuriating
And that was their intention? No.

⚫️ status: peace is so easy, but hard at once to find, is it not?
1000th post1000th post (minus dustbinned ones)publicly controlled imagefirst postoff-topic replies herepython historynotebook
⌇muslim ⌇free palestine!!! ⌇she/her⌇3k+ posts⌇ATD 5.0 owner (sticky) ⌇poc lives matter⌇2018 my beloved⌇

I may not agree with or may not endorse the content of this image. learn more
sonic__fan
Scratcher
1000+ posts

starlightsparker wrote:

sonic__fan wrote:

And that was their intention? No.
I never said that was their intention. I never said anything about intentions in my post, I only talked about the outcome.
They had good intentions: trying to make the website easier to use. However, they didn't make the website any easier, and they just infuriated a good bit of their users.

This is my signature. It is not a part of this post and it appears under every post I make.
Sonic Says
Every world has its end. I know that's kinda sad, but, that's why we have to live life to the fullest in the time we have. At least… that's what I figure.
Hey there, I'm sonic__fan. I just look for good suggestions to add to Scratch.
TECHNOBLADE NEVER DIES