Discuss Scratch

DeadlySonicEclipse
Scratcher
24 posts

ITopic - Making Your Way Into the Scratch Community :)

I'm a new Scratcher. BUT I ENDED UP HERE AND THAT REALLY HELPES. Thank you!!
when green flag clicked
show variable [ This really helped]
theshinyneonshark
New to Scratch
1 post

Hey, I've been on Scratch for a while but this is my new account, although I've never said hello before, really.
So, hello! I like twenty one pilots, Panic! At The Disco, Melanie Martinez, art and other stuff that I can't remember right now xD

Last edited by theshinyneonshark (Sept. 22, 2016 15:33:10)

summerangel
Scratcher
11 posts

I was on another account… ..but when I started out a was very young and didn't talk, so I never said hi. So, hi! I like Melanie Martinez, Lorde, Birdy, HAIM and others… Oh and I'd prefer to act like my other acc is invisible; “fresh starts” and all that

★★★ Check out the podcast auditions here ★★★
Peachy_Mango
Scratcher
7 posts

Hi, Sea ^^ maybe I should have said this on your profile XD but anyways… idk… nice forum thread (I think that's what they're called).

when backdrop switches to [ExperienceSea's Forum Post v]
say [Hi, Sea ^^ maybe I should have said this in your profile XD but anyways… idk… nice forum thread (I think that's what they're called.]
think [I hope you will reply but I understand if you are busy.]

@Peachy_Mango here! I would be happy to help <3 with anything ;)
Life without peaches is like trees without mangoes ^^ ~Peachy Mango
when I receive [peaches and mangoes v]
if <[mangoes and peaches] = (yummy)> then
broadcast [Thank you so much!! v]
define (yummy<[yummy] = [sweet, succulent, tasty]>)
end
JohnASaurous
Scratcher
1 post

Joined recently…
a like or follow would be nice ( i follow back )
be sure to check out my new game run 2
SomeRandomPeople_
New to Scratch
1 post

thansk
cs275623
Scratcher
42 posts

Even though I joined a long time ago, I still don't know everything about Scratch ;

How and where do you suggest studios to be featured? I already know where to feature projects.

Also, what does it mean when below a person's username it says “0 posts” or “8 posts” and so on.

Thank you so much! Please reply soon!

Last edited by cs275623 (Oct. 16, 2016 23:15:47)

TheRealRainbow-
New to Scratch
2 posts

cs275623 wrote:

Even though I joined a long time ago, I still don't know everything about Scratch ;

How and where do you suggest studios to be featured? I already know where to feature projects.

Also, what does it mean when below a person's username it says “0 posts” or “8 posts” and so on.

Thank you so much! Please reply soon!
Studios, in the same place as projects, and it means how many posts they have posted in the forum.
lola6gtp
Scratcher
1 post

same i loved being a new scratcher

Last edited by lola6gtp (Oct. 17, 2016 06:51:13)

TeamBetas
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hi guys I do art trades and requests btw!

My Collab
DeadlySonicEclipse
Scratcher
24 posts

when green flag clicked
broadcast [THANK YOU FOR THIS POST!]
rainbow-narwhal-girl
New to Scratch
9 posts

ExperienceSea wrote:

Hi! This is kind of a how-to forum, idk. I don't go on the forums much but I just wanted to share some ways that new/unknown Scratchers can get really plugged into the community of Scratch. This means making friends, getting more views on projects, discussing ideas, and getting noticed in general.
(also this sounds like I'm trying to make a sticky, but er.. whatever)

- Entering Contests
Entering contests is a REALLY good way to get yourself out there cause a lot of people will see your work. The judges (of course), and lots of contestants check out their competition.
You can find a good contest by looking in TOP REMIXED, searching for “Contest” or “Art Contest” etc., or by snooping around profiles XD
Try to find a contest where you can really display your skills, but it's totally fine to enter just for fun. Also another plus is that contests usually have pretty sweet prizes

- Joining Studios
Helping out in studios that fit your interests is another great way to meet new Scratchers! To find a good studio fit for you, you can look in the featured studios on the front page, but sometimes they have too many curators already So, you can search some of your interests like “Art Studio” “Pen Studio” “Platformer Studio”. Try to find an active studio, with curators that are already busily working.
You can also join a conversing studio like a debate studio
#Debate
or this fun one:
Studio for Pointless Rants

- Following Others
Following others is a great way to find out more great projects that that user has made. Also, you can see projects that they are discovering in the What's Happening Box. Dropping a friendly comment on their profile is a nice way to start a friendship, but refrain from advertising

- Using the Show and Tell Forum
The Show and Tell forum is nice, but sometimes forum ads get lost. In this case, using the golden rule (Treat others like you would like to be treated) can be helpful here Try to check out one or more project advertisements in the Show and Tell Forum for every one you post! This is another great way to make friends

Getting to know the Scratch Team
The Scratch Team includes wonderful hardworking people who are always ready to help you!
You can ask them questions, and also say hello- many of them enjoy welcoming new scratchers. One particularly friendly and talkative Scratch Team Member is @ceebee*

Taking In Requests
I think a bunch of you know that I really like art, so when I first joined Scratch, I started taking in Icon Requests.
Think of how the community could need your talents-
Do you like coding- maybe you could offer bug fix services!
Art- icon requests or art requests in general
If you like animating- you could offer animated intros if you wanted to
You can also join some shops, which are often in the Collaboration Forum

Art Trades (For Artists)
If you like to draw, you could find other artists on Scratch who are willing to do Art Trades. An art trade is when you each draw something for each other. This is a sample conversation of how to set up an art trade:
Person A: Hello! I like your art style Do you do AT's (Art trades)
Person B: Yes, I do, what would you like?
Person A: I would like a frappuccino, wbu?
Person B: I would like a unicorn with a mohawk, I'll let you know when I'm done
Person A: Ok!

So here are just some ideas of ways to get involved with the Scratch Community! You can post your ideas below as well, and I hope this helps any new/unknown Scratchers out there <3

~ ExperienceSea
hi there i totally agree!
saptaswaras
Scratcher
8 posts

i was new on the start of summer or something and i pretty good (i am being sarcastic)

]~Potatoes, fun, and randomness~
Follow your heart!

saptaswaras
Scratcher
8 posts

its nice to be a scratcher

]~Potatoes, fun, and randomness~
Follow your heart!

ginsalk_ile_i99
Scratcher
2 posts

I've been on scratch before as another user (technicalgenius123) and I got pretty good. It's been about a year, and I jusr now made a new account for school.
All of my knowledge has left me.
I am basically starting from scratch (no pun intended), and I know NOTHING!!!! So i just have a few questions. Well, one, mainly. I remember there was a way to search tags instead of just names of projects, users, or studios. Can anyone remind me exactly HOW to do that?

Thanks!
ginsalk_ile_i99
Scratcher
2 posts

Also, how do you suggest a project or studio to be featured?
1creamysoup21
Scratcher
13 posts

This topic helped me
1creamysoup21
Scratcher
13 posts

I joined Scratch two weeks ago, so this helps me.
ItisImogen
Scratcher
15 posts

Hey guys plz check out my CC it's called Vampire CC check on my profile or search it
when [Vampire CC v] = (Seen)
applaud vigourously and enter competition
doodlebug5
Scratcher
42 posts

great topic really helpful for me as a new scratcher ;p