Discuss Scratch

CZSuperboy
Scratcher
100+ posts

iPad

Vanilla2011 wrote:

scratchsimpleproject wrote:

Melephant wrote:

I would really like it if you mae a version of Scratch for iOS.
actually we have scratch jr also scratch does not design like a mobile style

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 92.0.4515.131, No Flash version detected
Scratch Jr. is extremely limited and what does your browser and operating system have to do with anything?

Some tech forums let you put your specs in your signature. Maybe @Melephant was trying to emulate that?

Come see my projects!

(Finally stopped being lazy and fixed my signature)
keith201
New to Scratch
1 post

iPad

I search everyday in the hope that a Scratch app will be available on the Appstore. I also read the forums.

In the past I have used Pyonkee (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/pyonkee/id905012686) but the interface is dated. I also use Tynker but it doesn't open .sb2 and .sb3 files and all my projects are in this format.

Today I've found a new app which is Scratch based (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/scratchup/id1596380124).
This app add several extensions including a body parts dectection. While waiting for an official scratch app, I will do with.
I keep looking for a phone app.

Last edited by keith201 (Nov. 22, 2021 23:30:57)

Keith
CZSuperboy
Scratcher
100+ posts

iPad

keith201 wrote:

Today I've found a new app which is Scratch based (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/scratchup/id1596380124).
This app add several extensions including a body parts dectection. While waiting for an official scratch app, I will do with.
I keep looking for a phone app.
So if this app is allowed to exist, why isn't an official Scratch editor? Is it because ScratchUP is designed to be used for education? So is vanilla Scratch.

Come see my projects!

plqaokwsijeduhrfyg
Scratcher
500+ posts

iPad

The existence of tynker basically proves this is possible.

Banana stew

Generation 5: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.

my signature

Also my signature

still my signature
7salad3salad
Scratcher
1000+ posts

iPad

Please! iPads are already commonly used for education, so why cant we put Scratch on them?

Forumer Post Count Bar Graph! (inspired by AIGamesDeveloper)
Project: Forummon by randomguy3513
hi, contrast
JUST BECAUSE THERES A WORKAROUND ISNT A GOOD REASON TO NOT SUPPORT!!!

dont call me 7salad
dont call me 7salsa lol
just simply “Salad” will do.

:]::#00289A// This is my pet Noobles! He protects my signature from [i]unwanted guests[/i]

B){

}::#800080//This is Noobles' big brother, Probles. He has returned and Noobles is happy to see him!
//oh, yeah, he is also cool so he wears sunglasses.

:P::cap sensing//This is their little brother, Doobles

old banner thnng
CZSuperboy
Scratcher
100+ posts

iPad

7salad3salad wrote:

Please! iPads are already commonly used for education, so why cant we put Scratch on them?
Becuase Apple.

Come see my projects!

LightBoy77
Scratcher
500+ posts

iPad

Harakou wrote:

ShyGamer16 wrote:

dhuls wrote:

iBump
Reported to be closed. It seems this has been implemented…?
Are you thinking of ScratchJr?
That barely has any features.

Male | He/Him | Norwegian | Fox Furry

bobcat0701
Scratcher
1000+ posts

iPad

the scratch website already works fine on ipads just open safari and go scratch.mit.edu I use scratch on my ipad all the time

Last edited by bobcat0701 (Feb. 15, 2022 18:37:09)

| bobcat0701/Caleb | He/they | Speedrunner | Professional Short Person (5'1") |
| Forumer | Nintendo collector | Bisexual |

| Notebook/The Ramblings of a Mad Man | Photography | Wiki Userpage/Better About Me | Give Me Internets |

Here's an expanded about me I guess:

-Caleb/bobcat0701 He/They
-Bisexual
-Nintendo Collector
-Professional short person
-Speedrunner
-Pasta addict

Some accomplishments;
100 forum posts (January 2021)
500 forum posts (February 2021)
1000 forum posts (February 2022)
Joined TFH (October 2023)
Promoted to TFH manager (December 2023)
Tied for second place in TFH host election (April 2024)

Current primary devices (I have a few more that I collect)
Phone: Blue Titanium iPhone 15 pro
Tablet: Purple iPad mini 6th generation
Computer: Cheap HP laptop thing
Gaming Systems: Wii U deluxe set, Black new 3ds xl, White Nintendo Switch oled
Music player: Pink ipod nano 6th generation

Random personal stuff about myself that isn't above:
Ethnicity and religion:
I'm ethnically Ashkenazi Jewish and italian. In terms of religion I'd consider myself agnostic.

Politics:
I'd consider myself a centrist typically I lean left but I also hold some opinions that could be considered right leaning. Overall I'd say I'm Libertarian.

Knife rant:
Spending lots of money on carving knives has never made sense to me I've used the same $20 Morakniv since 2018 and as long as I sharpen it regularly it is still sharp enough for carving and basically any other task. I'm sure I'm the only person on the forums who cares about any of that but thanks for reading I guess.

If you're down here comment “forumers be like” on my profile

PyraEthan12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

iPad

tlangster wrote:

They did, but it got taken down by Apple for programs inside programs.

Wait for them to come out with a HTML5 version, they probably will.
Just replying to an old comment. But what about Tynker?

*INACTIVE UNTIL SOMETIME IN JULY*

//Ethan:
Very old Scratch 2.0 Alpha help

twogadugary
Scratcher
100+ posts

iPad

There's already an unofficial Scratch on iPad called Pyonkee (like, really, it's actually scratch 1.4) so there's no reason why an app for Scratch on Apple wouldn't be possible. For now, you can use the website, but there's issues for if the website goes down or if there's no internet available at the time, which is kinda why the offline editors exist on other platforms.

you've been trolledㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
CZSuperboy
Scratcher
100+ posts

iPad

bobcat0701 wrote:

the scratch website already works fine on ipads just open safari and go scratch.mit.edu I use scratch on my ipad all the time
Um… IDK which iPad you're using, but Scratch works terribly on my iPad. Projects crash for no reason (if they even load), graphics glitch out, vector images are fuzzy, etc. Plus, as twogadugary said, what if you wanted to code while you were in a place with no internet?

Come see my projects!

PyraEthan12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

iPad

CZSuperboy wrote:

bobcat0701 wrote:

Um… IDK which iPad you're using, but Scratch works terribly on my iPad. Projects crash for no reason (if they even load), graphics glitch out, vector images are fuzzy, etc. Plus, as twogadugary said, what if you wanted to code while you were in a place with no internet?
Same but it’s ok on most projects

//Ethan:

BionicBoy554
Scratcher
1000+ posts

iPad

Wait, can’t you just use the website?

I specialize in animating fight collabs. I've entered the ‘decent’ stage.

A couple of studios I’m in:

A kumquat ate my productivity.
Valleri45
Scratcher
500+ posts

iPad

really, really, REALLY old topic but i support, even though apple does not allow programs in programs

this is my siggy, highlight this and ctrl + shift + down to view the rest
propose your OC to be featured here! -> propose now

my OC will tell you how good it is. ->click here to see my OC<- his name is triangle guy.
if anyone comments “clover” on my porfile… i dont care if you comment that on it.

Spring - A Platformer Series

My Hotel

CZSuperboy
Scratcher
100+ posts

iPad

BionicBoy554 wrote:

Wait, can’t you just use the website?
See above

Come see my projects!

CZSuperboy
Scratcher
100+ posts

iPad

Valleri45 wrote:

really, really, REALLY old topic but i support, even though apple does not allow programs in programs
And that's what we're trying to discuss here, figure out if it can be repealed/loopholed or not.

Come see my projects!

bobcat0701
Scratcher
1000+ posts

iPad

CZSuperboy wrote:

bobcat0701 wrote:

ipad mini 5

| bobcat0701/Caleb | He/they | Speedrunner | Professional Short Person (5'1") |
| Forumer | Nintendo collector | Bisexual |

| Notebook/The Ramblings of a Mad Man | Photography | Wiki Userpage/Better About Me | Give Me Internets |

Here's an expanded about me I guess:

-Caleb/bobcat0701 He/They
-Bisexual
-Nintendo Collector
-Professional short person
-Speedrunner
-Pasta addict

Some accomplishments;
100 forum posts (January 2021)
500 forum posts (February 2021)
1000 forum posts (February 2022)
Joined TFH (October 2023)
Promoted to TFH manager (December 2023)
Tied for second place in TFH host election (April 2024)

Current primary devices (I have a few more that I collect)
Phone: Blue Titanium iPhone 15 pro
Tablet: Purple iPad mini 6th generation
Computer: Cheap HP laptop thing
Gaming Systems: Wii U deluxe set, Black new 3ds xl, White Nintendo Switch oled
Music player: Pink ipod nano 6th generation

Random personal stuff about myself that isn't above:
Ethnicity and religion:
I'm ethnically Ashkenazi Jewish and italian. In terms of religion I'd consider myself agnostic.

Politics:
I'd consider myself a centrist typically I lean left but I also hold some opinions that could be considered right leaning. Overall I'd say I'm Libertarian.

Knife rant:
Spending lots of money on carving knives has never made sense to me I've used the same $20 Morakniv since 2018 and as long as I sharpen it regularly it is still sharp enough for carving and basically any other task. I'm sure I'm the only person on the forums who cares about any of that but thanks for reading I guess.

If you're down here comment “forumers be like” on my profile

mexicanboyrrv
Scratcher
500+ posts

iPad

Couldn't you just use the website?

Hello! I'm Mexicanboyrrrv, I'm a catholic and a Mexican-American

Here are some facts about me: I might use the support convention every so and then. I bump too much. I like peppermints.

Here are some links for convenience:
Ocular,TOLORS

https://u.cubeupload.com/jabin/Mexicanboyrrvbanner.png
Jbear_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

iPad

Literally all my projects, forum post, and everything, is on my iPad-My browser / operating system: MacOS Macintosh X 10.15.6, Safari 15.1, No Flash version detected. All i do is go to safari

Last edited by Jbear_ (March 2, 2022 19:57:23)

My best project ever. Please Rate And suggest.

(Unrelated)
in memory of Celly.
PyraEthan12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

iPad

mexicanboyrrv wrote:

Couldn't you just use the website?
Yeah

//Ethan: