Magic: The Gathering

Courser of Kruphix was amazing

Steam: Primal Tiger Jr.
Nintendo Network ID: Tigerjr.1
cjl2004
Scratcher
14 posts

Can people tell me their favorite (preferably what you think is the best) planeswalker. My favorite is Venser.
migo48
Scratcher
14 posts

cjl2004 wrote:

Can people tell me their favorite (preferably what you think is the best) planeswalker. My favorite is Venser.
As a blue player, love playing Jace. He has different cards with different abilities. He is in my opinion, the best. Although, it depends on how you play any of the plains walkers that really matter.
Tigerjr
Scratcher
19 posts

Jace is Master Race

Steam: Primal Tiger Jr.
Nintendo Network ID: Tigerjr.1
cjl2004
Scratcher
14 posts

migo48 wrote:

cjl2004 wrote:

As a blue player, love playing Jace. He has different cards with different abilities. He is in my opinion, the best. Although, it depends on how you play any of the plains walkers that really matter.
Jace is my second favorite (I have Jace, Vryn's Prodigy//Jace, Telepath Unbound )
migo48
Scratcher
14 posts

Nice!
cjl2004
Scratcher
14 posts

migo48 wrote:

Nice!
what Jace do you have?
lolrenz12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hello! Don't wanna open a new thread about this. So I'll “re-open” this thread. If this is necroposting please tell me!
I am a huge fan of MTG (Magic: The Gathering)! And you all players are welcome!

lolrenz12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump!
If you are new to Magic, we'll be pleased to introduce you! By the way, a great place to discover Magic is the official website itself: just look for “mtg” in the Internet and you'll find it (the game is published by Wizards of the Coast)! You'll find in it MTG's lore, a lot of tips, all the card decks, and even a HUGE library with ALL THE (official) CARDS of MTG!
Magic: The Gathering is game designed by Richard Garfield in 1993. It hasn't stoped growing and innovating since!

I also make cards btw.

lolrenz12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

dual_creator43
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I got into Magic: The Gathering when I was in fifth grade, but I didn't play that often until seventh and eighth grade when I joined the MTG club at my school. Now I have a solid collection of cards and a few decks to choose from, even if I almost never win because all the lands are piled together. (There was one time where I lost and I decided to check what cards I would have drawn next. The next eight cards were all lands.)

I'm dual_creator43, and I hope I've done well with anything. (Projects, forum replies, etc.) My Scratch habits include:
  • checking my inbox
  • being active in the forums
  • working on my projects (sometimes)
Check out more about me by clicking here or here. Happy Scratching!

My most famous quote: “Nothing good ever comes from posting near the end of a page.”
This is probably the best post anyone has ever made for me.
Don't you hate it when your signature isn't big enough to show everything you put in it?

But I guess it doesn't matter since you're (probably) using Shift+↓.
lolrenz12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dual_creator43 wrote:

I got into Magic: The Gathering when I was in fifth grade, but I didn't play that often until seventh and eighth grade when I joined the MTG club at my school. Now I have a solid collection of cards and a few decks to choose from, even if I almost never win because all the lands are piled together. (There was one time where I lost and I decided to check what cards I would have drawn next. The next eight cards were all lands.)
Wow, you have a MTG club in your school!
I got introduced to MTG finding an old (uh… 2014, thought) deck in my closet. I played it some times with this only deck (2 persons playing from the same deck XD), and then I just got into the whole world! Then I bought a second deck. :3
Does the lands problem happen very often?

dual_creator43
Scratcher
1000+ posts

lolrenz12 wrote:

dual_creator43 wrote:

Wow, you have a MTG club in your school!
I got introduced to MTG finding an old (uh… 2014, thought) deck in my closet. I played it some times with this only deck (2 persons playing from the same deck XD), and then I just got into the whole world! Then I bought a second deck. :3
Does the lands problem happen very often?
Now that I'm in high school, there doesn't seem to be an MTG club. But since the person who created the last one is going to the same school as me, maybe he will recreate it. (Once quarantine ends, of course.) I got introduced to MTG because the place I went to after school had a group of people who played and I decided to join them.

About the land problem, someone saw when it happened, and his response was, “You need to shuffle better.” The problem with lands being piled up is no matter when it happens, it's bad. If it happens too early, you won't get any other cards (creatures, sorcery, instants, etc.) to play. If it happens too late, that means you probably won't have enough mana for many of your cards until it's too late.

I'm dual_creator43, and I hope I've done well with anything. (Projects, forum replies, etc.) My Scratch habits include:
  • checking my inbox
  • being active in the forums
  • working on my projects (sometimes)
Check out more about me by clicking here or here. Happy Scratching!

My most famous quote: “Nothing good ever comes from posting near the end of a page.”
This is probably the best post anyone has ever made for me.
Don't you hate it when your signature isn't big enough to show everything you put in it?

But I guess it doesn't matter since you're (probably) using Shift+↓.
lolrenz12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

If the land problem happens too often, maybe you should use less lands, I suppose.
What an interesting story. I've been introduced to MTG finding an old deck in my games closet xD.

bump (yeah, why not)

lolrenz12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump!

megaelectron2006
Scratcher
500+ posts

Is magic the gathering expensive? Or is there some popular digital alternative (for free)

An old man is teaching his grandson about life. “A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy.

“It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil – he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.” He continued, “The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you – and inside every other person, too.”

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win?”

The old man simply replied, “The one you feed.”

lightningcat01
Scratcher
27 posts

megaelectron2006 wrote:

Is magic the gathering expensive? Or is there some popular digital alternative (for free)
You can get MTG online which is free, I don't have it so I don't know how you get more cards though.

“There's a difference between efficient
  and lazy, though many confuse the two.”
From @-TheGreenNinja-

if <asked if watch anime> then
say [yes]
end
lolrenz12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

lightningcat01 wrote:

megaelectron2006 wrote:

You can get MTG online which is free, I don't have it so I don't know how you get more cards though.
You can also download MTG Arena, which is also free.
A “real” starter deck should cost about less than 15$.

Last edited by lolrenz12 (Oct. 14, 2020 17:50:10)

lolrenz12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump