Discuss Scratch

BurnedCrystal
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

lugga wrote:

Also they blocked duckduckgo!
I may have been watching youtube through duckduckgo.
But then youtubeunblock isn't blocked…

For us github isn't even blocked by the blocking software they use (Lightspeed systems, which is easy to bypass)

It's blocked by administrator, which means the only way for me to access it is to use a proxy
yeah the Chromebooks my school has don't have task manager disabled, which means if I close ‘Lightspeed Mobile Filter’ I can do whatever I want lol

Last edited by BurnedCrystal (Oct. 10, 2016 19:45:37)

A block idea or whatever.
go [in front of v] sprite [sprite1 v] :: looks

Wow, this is a really empty sig. needs some defining features… ah!
Have a RAINBOW :)
Jonathan50
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

^ this was essentially the attitude of one of my old schools
Wow. That is depressing

Last edited by Jonathan50 (Oct. 10, 2016 19:31:27)

Not yet a Knight of the Mu Calculus.
NoMod-Programming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

BurnedCrystal wrote:

lugga wrote:

Also they blocked duckduckgo!
I may have been watching youtube through duckduckgo.
But then youtubeunblock isn't blocked…

For us github isn't even blocked by the blocking software they use (Lightspeed systems, which is easy to bypass)

It's blocked by administrator, which means the only way for me to access it is to use a proxy
I wish I went to a school like yours. My school is kinda good at blocking, since it uses a whitelist for blocking things, and a blacklist for blocking websites, which gives a false sense of security because they render security useless by using their own private certificate that you need to allow before you can use the internet there (AKA a MITM attack). However, back when they used a blacklist for blocking applications, I was able to get by things by either recompiling it with a home computer, with a few aspects changed to bypass the blacklist, or at one point renaming it. At one point, I was using QEMU to run puppy linux to run wine to unblock some games.

Long-since moved on from Scratch, if you need to find all my posts, search this in google: 3499447a51c01fc4dc1e8c3b8182b41cb0e88c67
superben100
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

IcyCoder wrote:

GUYS BACK ON TOPIC!!!!!!!!! SCRATCH 3 REMEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!
Did no one see this?

Hello there!
I've been a Scratcher for nine years now, and I'm always happy to help!
I'm not around too often, but I check in here from time to time.
Let me know if you need anything!
|| Probably vibing to “Try” - Lawrence ||
IcyCoder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

superben100 wrote:

IcyCoder wrote:

Did no one see this?
Thanks someone saw it

Because JS is the future (echos) future future futur futu fut fu f
liam48D
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

superben100 wrote:

IcyCoder wrote:

Did no one see this?
I think there's a bit of a difference between going offtopic and spamming memes, and going offtopic and continuing constructive discussion. Since this is of the latter it's fine. Someone will post about something related to Scratch 3.0 at some point. This is basically how the Snap! topics work (especially the team discussion topic)

202e-202e-202e-202e-202e UNI-CODE~~~~~
MegaApuTurkUltra
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

Jonathan50 wrote:

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

Wow. That is depressing
Well it didn't help that the entire IT department was technologically illiterate and relied on 3rd party software they didn't know how to use

$(".box-head")[0].textContent = "committing AT crimes since $whenever"
Tymewalk
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

Jonathan50 wrote:

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

Wow. That is depressing
Well it didn't help that the entire IT department was technologically illiterate and relied on 3rd party software they didn't know how to use
TFW your students know how to use your software better than you do

bold thing - italic thing - underlined thing - strikethrough thing
BKFighter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

My school got LANSchool… Now they can see everything we do on school computers, and can even take control of it. I can't even log into a different email account because the link to log out is blocked…

Need a reason to check out my profile?
How about things like:
Simulators?
Games?
Amazing Creations?

This siggy protected by: BKFighter Kumquataway Ltd
Created from processed Kumquat byproduct
Purchase for free* at this website! asdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfadfadfadadfasdfas;
liam48D
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

BKFighter wrote:

My school got LANSchool… Now they can see everything we do on school computers, and can even take control of it. I can't even log into a different email account because the link to log out is blocked…
If they can access everything you do and take over you absolutely need to not do anything you don't want your school to have control over. Don't use Scratch, don't use Gmail, etc.

202e-202e-202e-202e-202e UNI-CODE~~~~~
comp09
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

liam48D wrote:

BKFighter wrote:

If they can access everything you do and take over you absolutely need to not do anything you don't want your school to have control over. Don't use Scratch, don't use Gmail, etc.
Also include anyone who has access to the data, including teachers, administrators, and intruders in the school systems…

Visit the website of Andrew Sun!

Ninkancho
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratch 3.0

LanSchool is awful. It should be considered malware and spyware, and Lenovo (already a company whose work I have had endless technical issues with) should be sued for developing it. Using LanSchool, one person (dubbed the “teacher”, as the program is intended to further restrict toxic classroom environments) can attack others' computers (those of the “students”) in a surprising variety of ways, effectively opening up ways to brick everyone on a wireless network through a “teacher” computer running the program. I hear some people have had to disable their firewalls to install it properly.

“Teachers” can shut off Internet access; can disable computers for arbitrary lengths of time while sending condescending messages or broadcasting JPEG-quality screenshots of their own computer; can set LanSchool to automatically close or minimize applications via a blacklist or whitelist (including the built-in dialog for sending a message to the “teacher” (Nice programming, Lenovo!)); can literally take full control over a “student” computer without permission; can disable external drive usage, can disable Task Manager (a bad idea when your Lenovo-brand computer is suffering other problems and you become powerless to fix them); and more. You can avoid these by turning off WiFi and restarting, but the effects can extend to the lock/login screen too. Also, keylogging, spying on “students” via screenstreams and webcams, So in a moment's notice, someone could permanently turn off all of my school's Internet access (reverse DDoS), close all of our windows, prevent us from moving our files to the cloud or to a USB (effective data destruction), record our passwords and other private information, and outright disable our systems for good (putting them into a state from which e could not even force shut down), all while taunting us, and the whole multi-hundred-person student body would be powerless to find and stop them. In short, nothing I do on here is safe, and I am constantly paranoid.

Literally preinstalled malware. LanSchool is a literal evasive pseudo-rootkit keylogger Trojan horse, and my school knows it is so, and that's exactly why they use it. And I think I had to sign a waiver allowing them to use it, or I would not be able to have a district-issued computer, which is necessary for my schoolwork and studies.

Don't get me started on Sophos Web Protection.

Ninkancho STUDIO☁️ Cloud Clicker DEMO
Let's Play TogetherAnother Rather Unremarkable PlatformerSinewarper
public class Scrape{public static void main(String[] args){Scrape myScrape=new Scrape();myScrape.eternally{myScrape.picture();myScrape.write();myScrape.tell();}}}
Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 51.0.2704.79, Flash 23.0 (release 0)), Flash 23.0 (release 0)
kajquats;
technoboy10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

Okay everybody, this is getting pretty off topic. If you want to discuss school admin tools, a new topic would work better.

trans rights are human rights
goldfish678
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

technoboy10 wrote:

Okay everybody, this is getting pretty off topic. If you want to discuss school admin tools, a new topic would work better.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

would that belong in the ATs or in another forum?
comp09
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

Ninkancho wrote:

LanSchool is awful.

Literally preinstalled malware. LanSchool is a literal evasive pseudo-rootkit keylogger Trojan horse, and…
My school installed LanSchool on the computers in one of the computer labs. I told a journalist at my school's newspaper about how the school installed literal spyware on the computers that could capture your passwords, etc. The journalist contacted the person in charge, the person in charge downplayed the issue, and a few weeks later, LanSchool was gone.

You may be surprised at how much leverage your school's newspaper has…

Now, back on topic please.

Visit the website of Andrew Sun!

herohamp
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

comp09 wrote:

Ninkancho wrote:

LanSchool is awful.

Literally preinstalled malware. LanSchool is a literal evasive pseudo-rootkit keylogger Trojan horse, and…
My school installed LanSchool on the computers in one of the computer labs. I told a journalist at my school's newspaper about how the school installed literal spyware on the computers that could capture your passwords, etc. The journalist contacted the person in charge, the person in charge downplayed the issue, and a few weeks later, LanSchool was gone.

You may be surprised at how much leverage your school's newspaper has…

Now, back on topic please.
Ok. I have a new job for you! Contact MCPS and get the dang thing removed!
MegaApuTurkUltra
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

technoboy10 wrote:

Done. https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/221311/

$(".box-head")[0].textContent = "committing AT crimes since $whenever"
gdpr533f604550b2f20900645890
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

birdoftheday wrote:

BurnedCrystal wrote:

comp09 wrote:

lugga wrote:

They've blocked github.io but asun.co isn't blocked!
Why did they block github.io? That sounds like a pretty stupid move to me…

Dunno, my school's blocked the main github website so there's probably some sort of belief kids will use it to hack the computers or something -shrugs-
YOU ARE A DISGUSTING HACKER THAT WILL HACK THE SCHOOL SYSTEMS AND DESTROY THE WORLD LIKE TV TELLS ME!!!
Join me to debunk the hacker stereotypes and stop hackerphobia! #HackerLivesMatter #HackerPride
ateesdalejr
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

Chibi-Matoran wrote:

birdoftheday wrote:

BurnedCrystal wrote:

comp09 wrote:

lugga wrote:

They've blocked github.io but asun.co isn't blocked!
Why did they block github.io? That sounds like a pretty stupid move to me…

Dunno, my school's blocked the main github website so there's probably some sort of belief kids will use it to hack the computers or something -shrugs-
YOU ARE A DISGUSTING HACKER THAT WILL HACK THE SCHOOL SYSTEMS AND DESTROY THE WORLD LIKE TV TELLS ME!!!
Join me to debunk the hacker stereotypes and stop hackerphobia! #HackerLivesMatter #HackerPride
I will join you!

Jonathan50
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

Chibi-Matoran wrote:

The people TV calls “hackers” are evil and have nothing to do with hackers

Not yet a Knight of the Mu Calculus.