Discuss Scratch

A_Geeky_Jawa
Scratcher
100+ posts

Easier way of combining "Join", "And" and "Or" blocks.

Support

Have you ever wanted to…
- Help promote environmental awareness?
go to [https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/3681644/ v]
- Talk to really simple talking simulator that doesn't have much AI?
go to [https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/136616276/ v]
- Take care of a Pokémon?
go to [https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/131858587/ v]
WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A_Geeky_Jawa wrote:

Support
Could you please provide more information as to why you support this suggestion?

dvargasews
Scratcher
500+ posts

MrFlash67 wrote:

Support!

I think Snap! does this.
I looked; Snap! does it for join but not or or and.

Please read my signature! It might explain some lingo that I used in my post or comment. However, not all of it shows, so you have to highlight the entire bottom of the post, from “Please read my signature!” to where it says report, and copy and paste in into a new sheet or tab or whatever.
I can't decide my signature between:
1. I'm a grammar stickler, and my pet peeve is when people use good as an adverb.
2. I have lots of [creativity]original ideas[/creativity]. [creativity]This[/creativity] is one of those ideas.
3. If I used this symbol: ⸮ in my comment, please look it up before doing anything else.
4. {Minot, North Dakota/Donald Trump parodies} “WE'RE GONNA BUILD A DAM AND MAKE CANADA PAY FOR IT!” “When Canada sends its water, they’re not sending their best drinking water…They’re bringing sleet. They’re bringing floods. The water's toxic.” (It's just a joke that I came up with.)
5. One should make his/her signature text small; that way (s)he can cram more text into the signature.
6. New [scratchblocks] idea each week! (Thanks to Bright-Idea (Read her signature.) for inspiration/the general idea.) Here's the archive:
Note: I stopped this because of signature character limits.
Week of 1-23-2017: Hat-caps tinyurl.com/htauyu2
Week of 1-16-2017: Country-colored scratchblocks tinyurl.com/z8lz6c4
Week of 1-9-2017: Drop-down booleans tinyurl.com/j5d3k6l
Week of 1-2-2017: Block->string inputs and more truth values tinyurl.com/jqu7avs

Cub56
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support, in big projects it can get really inconvenient when scripts get massive.

Check out Life Raft Survival, my new advanced sandbox survival game with crafting, building, transportation, weather events, tropical storms, and more!

In the game you're stranded at sea after a mysterious crash and must survive in an unforgiving tropical island environment collecting resources and crafting, in an attempt to finally be rescued.

Invisible_Factory
Scratcher
500+ posts

Support!

Once, I had to put 59 joins inside each other. The result was a very laggy project. This would definitely help.

Currently, I have ~860 posts.
I am a scratcher who used to be really active on the forums 5 or 6 years ago, I basically quit scratch since then but I still check out the website from time to time. Do not expect asap replies because scratch is really at the back of my head

Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Invisible_Factory wrote:

Support!

Once, I had to put 59 joins inside each other. The result was a very laggy project. This would definitely help.
Not criticizing or contradicting my support, but I'm sure there's some kind of workaround?

7500+ posts (19th)
Lataliat
Scratcher
100+ posts

Austinato wrote:

Invisible_Factory wrote:

Support!

Not criticizing or contradicting my support, but I'm sure there's some kind of workaround?
I would do this: (hopefully it worked)
set [n v] to [1]
set [variable v] to [ ]
repeat (59)
set [variable v] to (join (variable) (item (n) of [list v] :: list))
change [n v] by (1)
end

Last edited by Lataliat (Dec. 21, 2016 00:48:59)

do you ever feel? ♫♫ like a plastic bag? drifting through the wind? ♫♫ wanting to start again?
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Lataliat wrote:

Austinato wrote:

Invisible_Factory wrote:

Support!

I would do this: (hopefully it worked)
set [n v] to [1]
set [variable v] to [ ]
repeat (59)
set [variable v] to (join (variable) (item (n) of [list v] :: list))
change [n v] by (1)
end
Yeah.

7500+ posts (19th)
titanscratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

Support. I would prefer this:
if <<> or <> or <> or <> or <> or <> or <> or <> or <> or <>> then
I like this.
end
Than this:
if <<<<<<<> or <>> or <>> or <>> or <<> or <>>> or <<<> or <>> or <<> or <>>>> or <<<<> or <>> or <<> or <>>> or <<<> or <>> or <<> or <>>>>> then
I don't like this.
end
Because then the if thing becomes very wide and it's ugly so SUPPORT! SUPPORT! SUPPORT! SUPPORT!

Scratch Wiki Contributor • Active Forum User • New goal: 500 posts • 310/500 posts (62%)My projectsMy studiosMy profile

(-_-) // This is the Bob the good kumquat. He and his army fight evil kumquats.
(-@-) // This is one of the evil kumquats that eat up your signature!!!
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
PowerBro135
Scratcher
68 posts

Support!

if <you know someone who [doesn't v] like Blue's Clues::motion> then
[do not v] trust them::variables
end
They could be a robot or alien.
miniepicness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PowerBro135 wrote:

Support!
Dont post on old threads
alexphan
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This seems like a great idea if you were having a bunch of booleans in and or or's.

But in your example you can now use
if <key [any v] pressed?> then
end
bigpuppy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

miniepicness wrote:

PowerBro135 wrote:

Support!
Dont post on old threads
Actually, you can post on old Suggestions threads as long as they are still relevant. But please provide some reason of your support instead of just saying “support.”

“Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right.” -Jane Goodall
PhirripSyrrip
Scratcher
500+ posts

alexphan wrote:

This seems like a great idea if you were having a bunch of booleans in and or or's.

But in your example you can now use
if <key [any v] pressed?> then
end
Sure, although technically that would be if my example was a series of “or” blocks instead of “and” blocks.

What I was really trying to get at was how tricky it is to do things like duplicate the entire block because I'd have to right click on that tiny bit of the block at the very top which is really difficult to do.

; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;You thought I'd get away from you, didn't you?!
muellly
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Yes just yes
This would be really useful so support!

I would greatly appreciate if you were to check of this game I spent months that includes plot and bosses here https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/97452006/ ………………………………………Want a detailed review or idea?

I'm a major fan of Pokemon, Undertale and the Pija and Toast series.
I am doing a shiny scramble of pokemon Pearl. I'm 7 chapters in and on my way to the 2nd gym.
kenny2scratch
Scratcher
500+ posts

iTweak0r wrote:

Support!

jh1234l wrote:

support!

ProdigyZeta7 wrote:

My Support = Σ i^i
i = 0

cobraguy wrote:

Support!

dracae wrote:

+support

BigBlueBlock wrote:

I suppourt this idea!

MrKyurem wrote:

Supporting this

PullJosh wrote:

Absolutely.

mathfreak231 wrote:

SUREWHYNOT

ppettitt wrote:

Support!

Centrifugal wrote:

Support

tcodina wrote:

Support! ;)

xlk wrote:

yes
Hi! Please add reasons for why you support! Thanks.

post brought to you by the preview links bug and previously the uploads site bug. 看一下中文 Scratch 維基想參加?請參考這頁
Join the Scratch Wiki!
Made by Scratchers, for Scratchers, since December 6, 2008

kenny2scratch
Scratcher
500+ posts

As for myself, I do support this idea. This would help with script organization and I would be using this a lot if added.

post brought to you by the preview links bug and previously the uploads site bug. 看一下中文 Scratch 維基想參加?請參考這頁
Join the Scratch Wiki!
Made by Scratchers, for Scratchers, since December 6, 2008

duckboycool
Scratcher
1000+ posts

kenny2scratch wrote:

-snip-
I'm glad that you are looking out to make sure that people are giving reasoning, but most of these posts were posted before that rule. You have to be careful about that, but otherwise, just keep doing so.

Anyway, support since there really is no downside, and I'm sure everybody here has used a huge script like so.

I used to be active on the forums, but I have mostly moved past Scratch. I still do check my Scratch messages, so if you'd like to talk to me, just leave a comment on my profile. My main project on Scratch was Cookie Clicker, but my newest project is Snake Snake, a game based off of Snake, but with two snakes, and you can play either singleplayer or multiplayer.

Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

duckboycool wrote:

kenny2scratch wrote:

-snip-
but most of these posts were posted before that rule.
Correction, that isn't really a rule. It's just a commonly referred to/enforced guideline of Sigton's “Constitution.”

7500+ posts (19th)
theonlygusti
Scratcher
1000+ posts

mitchboy wrote:

i believe there's another topic for this, but i won't bother finding it.