birdoftheday
Scratcher
500+ posts

Earthbound/Mother: The Topic

SolarKnight wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

Bump
she’s lump, she’s lump, she’s lump, she’s in my head

(shoutouts to anyone who actually gets that song reference lol)
I know the weird al version
“He’s Gump, he’s Gump, he’s Gump…”

Am I the only person who likes 3.0 better than 2.0, or do the people who do just not talk about it?
SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

birdoftheday wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

Bump
she’s lump, she’s lump, she’s lump, she’s in my head

(shoutouts to anyone who actually gets that song reference lol)
I know the weird al version
“He’s Gump, he’s Gump, he’s Gump…”
run forrest, run

(they/them)
SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

i really hope that they end up releasing mother 3 for the switch in america, but idk if they will

(they/them)
nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SolarKnight wrote:

i really hope that they end up releasing mother 3 for the switch in america, but idk if they will

Fingers crossed!
Speaking of Mother 3, I recently had two Mother related dreams. One was just me watching a video that was probably a Nintendo Direct or something. The video did not explicitly say Mother 3 would be localized, but it gave the game an ESRB rating (Wow why is the ESRB in my dreams all the time ) and it had this trailer that was just an empty room/dungeon/etc. in complete darkness-Well, except for a blue light that was shining on a person. I couldn’t see the person’s face, but I think it was a woman or a teenager because of their body shape, and they had a hood. They looked like they were handcuffed or being held prisoner in some other way and it seemed as if they were trying to break free, but couldn’t. I don’t remember how I knew this was Mother 3, but somehow I knew it was Mother 3.
The other dream was about EarthBound Beginnings, but it was very weird. Ninten was being chased by a crocodile into a house, and if he touched the crocodile, it would try to fight him, but he could just run away, like the end of the battle with Undyne right before Hotland from The Game That Shall Not Be Named. I went into the house and up the stairs, and then it all turned into 3D with really realistic graphics and Ninten’s mom was baking bread and her two daughters were running around the house. The weirdest part? Ninten had blond hair and green eyes, and the crocodile followed Ninten into the kitchen, but except for Ninten himself, NOBODY SEEMED TO NOTICE.

"Just what is the Summer Solstice, besides the day I melt into a puddle of fuzzy puppy fluff?”-Isabelle, Animal Crossing New Leaf
SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

Fingers crossed!
Speaking of Mother 3, I recently had two Mother related dreams. One was just me watching a video that was probably a Nintendo Direct or something. The video did not explicitly say Mother 3 would be localized, but it gave the game an ESRB rating (Wow why is the ESRB in my dreams all the time ) and it had this trailer that was just an empty room/dungeon/etc. in complete darkness-Well, except for a blue light that was shining on a person. I couldn’t see the person’s face, but I think it was a woman or a teenager because of their body shape, and they had a hood. They looked like they were handcuffed or being held prisoner in some other way and it seemed as if they were trying to break free, but couldn’t. I don’t remember how I knew this was Mother 3, but somehow I knew it was Mother 3.
The other dream was about EarthBound Beginnings, but it was very weird. Ninten was being chased by a crocodile into a house, and if he touched the crocodile, it would try to fight him, but he could just run away, like the end of the battle with Undyne right before Hotland from The Game That Shall Not Be Named. I went into the house and up the stairs, and then it all turned into 3D with really realistic graphics and Ninten’s mom was baking bread and her two daughters were running around the house. The weirdest part? Ninten had blond hair and green eyes, and the crocodile followed Ninten into the kitchen, but except for Ninten himself, NOBODY SEEMED TO NOTICE.
it’s weird how sometimes in dreams you just know things even if it actually makes no sense

(they/them)
nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SolarKnight wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

Fingers crossed!
it’s weird how sometimes in dreams you just know things even if it actually makes no sense

Yeah I know right

"Just what is the Summer Solstice, besides the day I melt into a puddle of fuzzy puppy fluff?”-Isabelle, Animal Crossing New Leaf
SoftAndWet
Scratcher
1000+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

Fingers crossed!
Yeah I know right
Also kinda funny that everything can seem real no matter how unrealistic it is. A few years ago I had a dream in the art style of this TV show and didn't suspect a thing.

pls add

nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SoftAndWet wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

Fingers crossed!
Yeah I know right
Also kinda funny that everything can seem real no matter how unrealistic it is. A few years ago I had a dream in the art style of this TV show and didn't suspect a thing.

And sometimes I have dreams in third person view and I don’t suspect a thing.

birdoftheday
Scratcher
500+ posts

Sometimes I try to remember things from a long time ago and I see it in my head in third person view

Am I the only person who likes 3.0 better than 2.0, or do the people who do just not talk about it?
SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

i actually think mosf of my dreams are in third person and i just don't notice

(they/them)
birdoftheday
Scratcher
500+ posts

1. Have you ever had your phone in a dream
2. Have you ever been aware of what you’re wearing in a dream

SoftAndWet
Scratcher
1000+ posts

birdoftheday wrote:

Yeah I've had my Dad show up in a dream before.

pls add

CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

birdoftheday wrote:

no

bottom text
nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

birdoftheday wrote:

1. Yes (Remember my dream a while ago that I filmed a cake with my phone and sent it to Dallas MacDermant? I posted it a few pages ago because it ended up taking a Mother 3 related turn)
2. Sometimes? I had a dream a while ago that my mom put my shirt with the Mother 3 characters (It was a limited time thing) and a pink pair of shorts out on my bed, but I’m not sure if I put them on

Anyway, which Mother characters do you want in SSBU? I want Ninten (Probably a Ness Echo, but might be made from scratch) Giegue as a Mewtwo Echo (Might get more Pokémon fans into EarthBound, which might just be the last little push we need to get Mother 3 localized) and maybe Duster (His absence in the E3 Direct was pretty suspicious)

Ryasis
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SoftAndWet wrote:

birdoftheday wrote:

Yeah I've had my Dad show up in a dream before.
Good one

Smug scottish ego
SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

birdoftheday wrote:

no and sometimes

(they/them)
nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

(From SSBU topic)

I wrote:

If Ninten gets into Smash, who do you think will voice him?
I think he will continue the trend of Mother protagonists sharing voice actors with protagonists of other games and be voiced by Michele Knotz Or maybe even Sarah Natochenny.

birdoftheday
Scratcher
500+ posts

Shigesato itoi

pikachugirl101
Scratcher
100+ posts

Ninten in smash is a very low possibility, obviously, but i'd love to see him as a Ness Echo

got a pistol in my hand, you don't wanna hear it sing! got a llama and a bear, and a third thing… yeah.
DaEpikDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

pikachugirl101 wrote:

Ninten in smash is a very low possibility, obviously, but i'd love to see him as a Ness Echo
not sure if i'd rather ninten as a ness echo or giegue as a mewtwo echo

And all the world over, each nation's the same,
They've simply no notion of playing the game.
They argue with umpires, they cheer when they've won,
And they practice beforehand, which ruins the fun!