Discuss Scratch

SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Earthbound/Mother: The Topic

You know what, can we stop talking about this altogether? I really don’t like to talk about the pessimistic we’ll-never-get-Mother-3 side of the EarthBound fandom.
well, it’s not that i dont think we’ll ever get it. i’m just saying that that’s one of the reasons they havent released it yet

(they/them)
nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SolarKnight wrote:

You know what, can we stop talking about this altogether? I really don’t like to talk about the pessimistic we’ll-never-get-Mother-3 side of the EarthBound fandom.
well, it’s not that i dont think we’ll ever get it. i’m just saying that that’s one of the reasons they havent released it yet

Oh, okay.

"Just what is the Summer Solstice, besides the day I melt into a puddle of fuzzy puppy fluff?”-Isabelle, Animal Crossing New Leaf
nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hm…

"Just what is the Summer Solstice, besides the day I melt into a puddle of fuzzy puppy fluff?”-Isabelle, Animal Crossing New Leaf
SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

Hm…
hey, can you tell me what the link is to? i clicked it and since it brought me to twitter i clicked back really fast before it showed up on my history (my parents dont let me use twitter rip)

(they/them)
nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SolarKnight wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

Hm…
hey, can you tell me what the link is to? i clicked it and since it brought me to twitter i clicked back really fast before it showed up on my history (my parents dont let me use twitter rip)

Here, I put it up on Cubeupload just for you:

SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

Hm…

Here, I put it up on Cubeupload just for you:
oof same

(they/them)
nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump

SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

Bump
she’s lump, she’s lump, she’s lump, she’s in my head

(shoutouts to anyone who actually gets that song reference lol)

(they/them)
MaxCanPlayGames
Scratcher
17 posts

guys i just realized claus was not human the whole time

spoiler

in the end, claus took out his helmet, revealing wires, and at first, claus couldn't recognize lucas.

the worst best guy
SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MaxCanPlayGames wrote:

spoiler

in the end, claus took out his helmet, revealing wires, and at first, claus couldn't recognize lucas.
he probably got turned into a cyborg, so he’s still sort of human, because he definitely isnt a robot

(they/them)
nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SolarKnight wrote:

MaxCanPlayGames wrote:

spoiler

he probably got turned into a cyborg, so he’s still sort of human, because he definitely isnt a robot

Didn’t he get brainwashed or something and that’s why he didn’t recognize his younger brother (Lucas) at first?
And I haven’t finished Mother 3 so this may be a little off. I’m getting the reproduction cart for Christmas though

SoftAndWet
Scratcher
1000+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

MaxCanPlayGames wrote:

spoiler

Didn’t he get brainwashed or something and that’s why he didn’t recognize his younger brother (Lucas) at first?
And I haven’t finished Mother 3 so this may be a little off. I’m getting the reproduction cart for Christmas though
Yes.

pls add

EeveeLegends
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I like the rereleases of Earthbound because of one thing, and that's the Giygas fight. Y'know how they had to blur some flashes to prevent seizures? I think the blurring effect looks really cool in the last stage of the Giygas fight, and it makes me think more in-depth about the fight. I would explain my thoughts but I'm really bad at explaining…

nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EeveeLegends wrote:

I like the rereleases of Earthbound because of one thing, and that's the Giygas fight. Y'know how they had to blur some flashes to prevent seizures? I think the blurring effect looks really cool in the last stage of the Giygas fight, and it makes me think more in-depth about the fight. I would explain my thoughts but I'm really bad at explaining…

Like to represent him crumbling to his weakness to human emotions?

EeveeLegends
Scratcher
1000+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

Yeah, basically

nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EeveeLegends wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

Yeah, basically

I never really noticed EarthBound blurred even though my first playthrough was on my 3DS, but I like it. Not really because of the dramatic effect, but because no seizures = much easier for people with epilepsy to play EarthBound = more people willing to play EarthBound = more likely for Mother 3 to be localized.

SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

Yeah, basically

I never really noticed EarthBound blurred even though my first playthrough was on my 3DS, but I like it. Not really because of the dramatic effect, but because no seizures = much easier for people with epilepsy to play EarthBound = more people willing to play EarthBound = more likely for Mother 3 to be localized.
man, i wish i had the new 3ds xl so i could get earthbound on it. i guess i’ll just have to deal with it being on my wii u and not portable

(they/them)
nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SolarKnight wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

Yeah, basically

man, i wish i had the new 3ds xl so i could get earthbound on it. i guess i’ll just have to deal with it being on my wii u and not portable

They have a $150 version with no 3D.

SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

Yeah, basically

yeah, i have a 2ds, but i dont have one of the NEW ones, because you can only get earthbound on the eshop if you have a new 3ds or new 2ds

(edit: in case you meant that i should buy one, i have a 2ds that works fine, so i dont want to waste $150 just so i can get a different kind of 2ds to play earthbound on it. it’s easier for me just to get it on the wii u)

Last edited by SolarKnight (Oct. 12, 2018 11:30:01)

(they/them)
nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SolarKnight wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

Yeah, basically

yeah, i have a 2ds, but i dont have one of the NEW ones, because you can only get earthbound on the eshop if you have a new 3ds or new 2ds

(edit: in case you meant that i should buy one, i have a 2ds that works fine, so i dont want to waste $150 just so i can get a different kind of 2ds to play earthbound on it. it’s easier for me just to get it on the wii u)

Oh, okay. I’m perfectly fine with you playing EarthBound on the Wii U.