Discuss Scratch

SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Earthbound/Mother: The Topic

EeveeLegends wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

Hey, i just found this discussion. I’m a big fan of mother/ earthbound. Also because of the description post thing i thought i should say that even though the mother 4 fan game hasnt come out yet, but it does have a concrete release date, which is DECEMBER 2014 HAHAHAHAHAHAH rip
Hahaha….
cries
this is so sad can we hit the mother 4 devs

(they/them)
SoftAndWet
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SolarKnight wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

Hey, i just found this discussion. I’m a big fan of mother/ earthbound. Also because of the description post thing i thought i should say that even though the mother 4 fan game hasnt come out yet, but it does have a concrete release date, which is DECEMBER 2014 HAHAHAHAHAHAH rip
Hahaha….
cries
haha nice

pls add

nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SolarKnight wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

Hahaha….
cries

This is why I think that if Unfounded Revenge/Smashing Song Of Praise had lyrics, 00:18 would be “And I wish and I wish and I wish and I wish and I”
Let’s face it, that lyric is being a Mother fan in a nutshell.

"Just what is the Summer Solstice, besides the day I melt into a puddle of fuzzy puppy fluff?”-Isabelle, Animal Crossing New Leaf
SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SoftAndWet wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

Hahaha….
cries
haha nice
thanks, i like your profile pic

(they/them)
SoftAndWet
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SolarKnight wrote:

SoftAndWet wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

Hahaha….
cries
haha nice
thanks, i like your profile pic
Yours is cool too I s'pose.

pls add

nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

If EarthBound 64/The Mother 3 beta were a song, it would be one of those stereotypical “emo” rock songs my friends listen to sometimes, and one of the lyrics of the chorus would be “I stink of broken dreams and low self esteem”

"Just what is the Summer Solstice, besides the day I melt into a puddle of fuzzy puppy fluff?”-Isabelle, Animal Crossing New Leaf
SoftAndWet
Scratcher
1000+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

If EarthBound 64/The Mother 3 beta were a song, it would be one of those stereotypical “emo” rock songs my friends listen to sometimes, and one of the lyrics of the chorus would be “I stink of broken dreams and low self esteem”
lol wut

pls add

nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SoftAndWet wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

lol wut

Well that’s what Chuggaaconroy called it, “broken dreams and low self esteem”

SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

I found an interesting question on Reddit yesterday:

So Mother 3 was the only game in the series to not have an implied romantic relationship between 2 party members. EB:B had Ninten and Ana, and EarthBound had Ness and Paula (to an extent). So my question is: If you had to put Kumatora with another party member (aka Lucas or Duster, Boney doesn't count for obvious reasons), who would you choose?

I honestly do not know. I would estimate that Lucas is about 12-14, Kumatora is about 16-18, and Duster is probably somewhere in his 20’s (It’s hard to tell) So even if Kumatora was implied to be in a relationship with another permanent party member, it would be kind of weird because Lucas is like five years younger than her and Duster is five years older than her.
I like to think that Kumatora is older than she looks, so I hc her to be in her early twenties. (Also there’s official pixel art of her holding hands with duster, I’ll need to find that)
Update: I have found it

The art can be found on Nobuhiro imaguwa’s twitter

That picture isn’t loading for me because my brother watches too many Fortnite/Minecraft videos and now I’m on low speed data but I believe you.
Why do you think Kumatora’s in her twenties though? I haven’t gotten to her part in Mother 3.
i’m pretty sure her canon age is 16. i can sort of see why you would think she’s 20 though, because she looks a lot older than her normal sprite in the part where they go to club titiboo. but ido still think she’s 16-ish

(they/them)
nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SolarKnight wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

So Mother 3 was the only game in the series to not have an implied romantic relationship between 2 party members. EB:B had Ninten and Ana, and EarthBound had Ness and Paula (to an extent). So my question is: If you had to put Kumatora with another party member (aka Lucas or Duster, Boney doesn't count for obvious reasons), who would you choose?

I honestly do not know. I would estimate that Lucas is about 12-14, Kumatora is about 16-18, and Duster is probably somewhere in his 20’s (It’s hard to tell) So even if Kumatora was implied to be in a relationship with another permanent party member, it would be kind of weird because Lucas is like five years younger than her and Duster is five years older than her.
I like to think that Kumatora is older than she looks, so I hc her to be in her early twenties. (Also there’s official pixel art of her holding hands with duster, I’ll need to find that)

That picture isn’t loading for me because my brother watches too many Fortnite/Minecraft videos and now I’m on low speed data but I believe you.
Why do you think Kumatora’s in her twenties though? I haven’t gotten to her part in Mother 3.
i’m pretty sure her canon age is 16. i can sort of see why you would think she’s 20 though, because she looks a lot older than her normal sprite in the part where they go to club titiboo. but ido still think she’s 16-ish

What do you mean “canon age”? I’m pretty sure she doesn’t have a canonical age.

nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump

EeveeLegends
Scratcher
1000+ posts

So I figured out how to access the debug room in Mother 3…
Time to screw with the game!

nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EeveeLegends wrote:

Are you playing an emulator or an actual GBA/DS?

EeveeLegends
Scratcher
1000+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

Emulator, specifically VisualBoyAdvance

nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EeveeLegends wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

Yeah, that’s what I thought.
I use VisualBoyAdvance for Mother 3, but I’m only at the part where Lucas tells his dad that Claus ran away with a homemade knife.
Also, I’m actually considering writing the EarthBound 64 Song.
Also, what do you use to play EarthBound? I use the New Nintendo 3DS XL.

Last edited by nickeljorn (Sept. 29, 2018 16:24:19)

EeveeLegends
Scratcher
1000+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

The SNES Mini

nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EeveeLegends wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

The SNES Mini

My brother uses that to play EarthBound too.
My dad also uses it to play old Castlevania games, we went to GameStop one day to get a Switch Pro Controller And he asked if they had any Castevania games and the only one they had was an SNES Classic.

SoftAndWet
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I'm not sorry.

pls add

CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SoftAndWet wrote:

I'm not sorry.
Game Theory taught me that Peach is 6 feet tall lol

bottom text
SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

What do you mean “canon age”? I’m pretty sure she doesn’t have a canonical age.
i just remember hearing that somewhere. it might not be true, which is why i said pretty sure

(they/them)