74 posts

Earthbound/Mother: The Topic

Shrek should be in earthbound 5

Xcvfdd
Scratcher
500+ posts

1514924 wrote:

So… is this a place where we can speak our opinions on the mother series without judgment? (I have no negative opinions just wondering)
Ye as long as you follow the community guidelines.

…but idk.
superscratchmaker536
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sanctuary Guardian.

I may be stupid.
Scratcher
21 posts

MSPA wrote:

DATAWSMYOSHI wrote:

MSPA wrote:

DATAWSMYOSHI wrote:

MSPA wrote:

DATAWSMYOSHI wrote:

MSPA wrote:

Can I get ship respect here?
Or no?
'Cuz I ship (insert the considered “evils” of the EarthBound fandom).
Guess which ships.

Pika, you already know.
You're not allowed to guess the ships.
(Yes, you get ship respect here.)
Uh….UHHHHHH………….I GOT THIS ONE…..

Poo x Ness?
*buzzer noise*
Wrong.
Hint: It's three ships, one is very close to being canon.
Ness x Paula? (Because I know a lotta people ship that like ME)
NessPaula is a ship that isn't bad.
The first ship does have Ness in it. Not NessJeff or NessPoo.
*laughs* NESSPOO OH GOD I LOVE THE NAME
The ships are:
NessLucas
ClausTen
JeffTony
Wait but aren't ness and lucas 1,000 years apart? kinda weird if you ask me
Scratcher
21 posts

EeveeLegends wrote:

Controversial opinion: Earthbound is the weakest game in the series.
Earthbound's gameplay is mid and it's suuuuch a struggle to get through, I haven't finished Earthbound to this day even though I've started the game a bunch of times. And the story doesn't have much to offer, even Mother 1 has a waaaaaay better story and characters. So many people treat Earthbound like it's this masterpiece of a game when it's.. really not. Mother 3 is a better game worth playing and deserves more praise and attention that ISN'T people being like “translate mother 3 plz!!!!”.
I know you said controversial opinion, but I COMPLETELY disagree because of one thing. The ending. I feel like Mother 2 has a better story than Mother because of the way loose ends are tied up in Mother 2 as opposed to Mother.
EggPWNED
Scratcher
39 posts

1514924 wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

Earthbound's gameplay is mid and it's suuuuch a struggle to get through, I haven't finished Earthbound to this day even though I've started the game a bunch of times. And the story doesn't have much to offer, even Mother 1 has a waaaaaay better story and characters. So many people treat Earthbound like it's this masterpiece of a game when it's.. really not. Mother 3 is a better game worth playing and deserves more praise and attention that ISN'T people being like “translate mother 3 plz!!!!”.
I know you said controversial opinion, but I COMPLETELY disagree because of one thing. The ending. I feel like Mother 2 has a better story than Mother because of the way loose ends are tied up in Mother 2 as opposed to Mother.
i read this in a nerd voice
Da-Guy-
Scratcher
74 posts

EggPWNED wrote:

1514924 wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

i think that earthbound is better than mom 3

Da-Guy-
Scratcher
74 posts

pokey > porkey fight me

Last edited by Da-Guy- (Feb. 11, 2023 00:10:06)

Da-Guy-
Scratcher
74 posts

I'm probably preaching to the quire here but mom 3 should be localized

Da-Guy-
Scratcher
74 posts

28CoolKing28 wrote:

zahmbie1 wrote:

Explain earthbound
Just smashing people with a baseball bat

and weird nose guys that don't have arms.

k0d3rrr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Da-Guy- wrote:

28CoolKing28 wrote:

zahmbie1 wrote:

Explain earthbound

And a baby who wants to take over the world. (You probably won't get the context)

k0d3rrr

3 forum tips for experienced forumers (in no particular order):
  1. If you are reporting a new forumer's topic to be closed, or moved to another forum, don't mention it, because then, the topic creator will think they will receive either an alert or a ban.

2. New forumers won't immediately know the rules or terminology of the forums. I have seen this happen hundreds of times (exaggeratedly), especially when experienced forumers (I won't name any) tell new forumers that they are "necroposting", which is when someone posts on an old and resolved topic (especially in the Questions about Scratch forum), causing said topic to be moved to the front page of that forum.

3. Using Scratchblocks as a writing style is not blockspam, unless it is irrelevant to the discussion. For example, this

ExampleScratcher1 wrote:

How do I make a smooth gliding animation?
    when green flag clicked
    repeat until <(my question) = [answered]>
    ask [How do I make a smooth gliding animation?] and wait
    end
    say [Thank you!]
    is not blockspam, but these

ExampleScratcher2 (first post) wrote:

when green flag clicked
    move (58) steps
    play sound [Stock Laughter Sound Effect HD - 1 Hour v]
    forever
    play sound [Stock Screaming Sound Effect HD - 1 Hour v]
    switch backdrop to [internet v]
    say [i broke the internet] for (2) secs
    turn cw (15) degrees
    go to [nearby restaurant v]
    next costume
    end

ExampleScratcher2 (second post) wrote:

when green flag clicked
    repeat until <(out of dorito's) = [true]>
    broadcast [eat dorito chip v]
    end
    say [IM OUT OF DORITO'S!!!!!!!!! :(]
    play sound [Scream2 v] until done
    forever
    turn cw (120) degrees
    play sound [Scream2 v]
    play sound [we have no dorito's sorry v]
    end
    are blockspam, and must be reported.
Scratcher
21 posts

EggPWNED wrote:

1514924 wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

in all honesty i think you should.
Scratcher
21 posts

k0d3rrr wrote:

Da-Guy- wrote:

28CoolKing28 wrote:

zahmbie1 wrote:

Explain earthbound

And a baby who wants to take over the world. (You probably won't get the context)
the context is either porky because of the weird time paradox that makes him stop aging or giygas because of him basically being a newborn.
C0D3N00B
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I finally actually played Earthbound and it's a fun game. I keep getting frustrated with Paula because she keeps dying so I constantly have to go back to the town and pay $100 to get her back. It's still pretty fun game.

Professional idiot
I like Mario, Kirby, Pokemon, Sonic, Zelda, Terraria, Yo-Kai Watch, Bug Fables, and Cassette Beasts.

I'm also working on a full blown game outside of Scratch (I just have ideas for now)
Yento-Kun
Scratcher
500+ posts

C0D3N00B wrote:

I finally actually played Earthbound and it's a fun game. I keep getting frustrated with Paula because she keeps dying so I constantly have to go back to the town and pay $100 to get her back. It's still pretty fun game.
get better gear.

squigward
Xcvfdd
Scratcher
500+ posts

Yento-Kun wrote:

C0D3N00B wrote:

get better gear.
And consider grinding.

…but idk.
C0D3N00B
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Xcvfdd wrote:

Yento-Kun wrote:

C0D3N00B wrote:

get better gear.
And consider grinding.
I will

Professional idiot
I like Mario, Kirby, Pokemon, Sonic, Zelda, Terraria, Yo-Kai Watch, Bug Fables, and Cassette Beasts.

I'm also working on a full blown game outside of Scratch (I just have ideas for now)
Da-Guy-
Scratcher
74 posts

pov you beat giygas

jbromhacker
Scratcher
41 posts

I beat both mother games 1 and 2 not 3 yet but still YAY