thoughts on ness's mom is ana, i think it's actually possible

i love life
EggPWNED
Scratcher
39 posts

Earthbound/Mother: The Topic

historical_supa wrote:

yeah i think it's possible. ness' mom LOOKS like ana, but it isn't considered canon by NoA yet.
chiaki_nanami0-0
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EggPWNED wrote:

historical_supa wrote:

yeah i think it's possible. ness' mom LOOKS like ana, but it isn't considered canon by NoA yet.
bring back pk beam

Splatoon-Danganronpa-Pokemon-Gamer
oshawott vibing zone 3.0. thats right, its 3.0, also use shift + down

-Charon-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

historical_supa wrote:

i don't think so. ana is said to be a young child in m1, which takes place in 1988, while mother 2 takes place in 199x. assuming ness is 14, ana would have to had him in 1985, worst-case scenario. which is quite strange

historical_supa
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Charon- wrote:

historical_supa wrote:

i don't think so. ana is said to be a young child in m1, which takes place in 1988, while mother 2 takes place in 199x. assuming ness is 14, ana would have to had him in 1985, worst-case scenario. which is quite strange
oh yeah

Last edited by historical_supa (April 30, 2022 00:48:22)

i love life
Ninten63
Scratcher
46 posts

-Charon- wrote:

historical_supa wrote:

Well there have been theories about Ninten being Ness's dad, but it is quite unlikely. However, the idea of Ninten giving his cap to Ness does make sense. I highly doubt it is a coincidence, but it may very well be.
This just goes to show how much happened that we don't know about between Mother gmaes.

Generation 382: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.

I like music, Nintendo games, and music in Nintendo games.

Also, cheese.
I should probably make an OC or something.
Ninten63
Scratcher
46 posts

Also did anyone find the random encounters in Mother 1 offputting?
(Maybe I'm biased since it was my first taste of JRPGs)

Generation 382: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.

Also, cheese.
-Charon-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ninten63 wrote:

Also did anyone find the random encounters in Mother 1 offputting?
(Maybe I'm biased since it was my first taste of JRPGs)
Very much so, but I've seen worse encounter rates. Heck, I've seen worse rates in Pokémon.
(I might be biased too, M1's my favorite from the trio)

historical_supa
Scratcher
1000+ posts

why does ninten's dog walk in earthbound beginnings
also should i start with eb or ebb (i don't have a gba to play eb2 aka m3)

Last edited by historical_supa (May 1, 2022 11:15:32)

i love life
yokaiwatch123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I beated Mother 1 about a Month ago

I REACHED 1000 POSTS!
Odd Squad Forum
Miiverse Posts Forum!
Archiverse
Hypnospace Outlaw Forum
Mother/Earthbound Fan for life
historical_supa
Scratcher
1000+ posts

yokaiwatch123 wrote:

was it hard

i love life
yokaiwatch123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

historical_supa wrote:

yokaiwatch123 wrote:

was it hard
No, I played the GBA version and I used the easy ring. Though Ana and Lloyd died like a million times LMAO. I think it took me about 12 hours total to beat it.

I REACHED 1000 POSTS!
Odd Squad Forum
Miiverse Posts Forum!
Archiverse
Hypnospace Outlaw Forum
Mother/Earthbound Fan for life
StarDude3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Spoiler alert:

Buzz Buzz dies :'(

Last edited by StarDude3 (May 1, 2022 20:09:38)

And now, some wise words…

“Is Mayonnaise an instrument?”

-Patrick Star
chiaki_nanami0-0
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ninten63 wrote:

-Charon- wrote:

historical_supa wrote:

Well there have been theories about Ninten being Ness's dad, but it is quite unlikely. However, the idea of Ninten giving his cap to Ness does make sense. I highly doubt it is a coincidence, but it may very well be.
This just goes to show how much happened that we don't know about between Mother gmaes.
yeah
and also the legal age to get married is 18 i think, and you have to get married first to actually have kids in the christian world, so teenage pregnancies are really uncommon

chiaki_nanami0-0
Scratcher
1000+ posts

historical_supa wrote:

why does ninten's dog walk in earthbound beginnings
also should i start with eb or ebb (i don't have a gba to play eb2 aka m3)
Earthbound.
Its more tedious in EB0

EeveeLegends
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Controversial opinion: Earthbound is the weakest game in the series.
Earthbound's gameplay is mid and it's suuuuch a struggle to get through, I haven't finished Earthbound to this day even though I've started the game a bunch of times. And the story doesn't have much to offer, even Mother 1 has a waaaaaay better story and characters. So many people treat Earthbound like it's this masterpiece of a game when it's.. really not. Mother 3 is a better game worth playing and deserves more praise and attention that ISN'T people being like “translate mother 3 plz!!!!”.

chiaki_nanami0-0
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EeveeLegends wrote:

Earthbound's gameplay is mid and it's suuuuch a struggle to get through, I haven't finished Earthbound to this day even though I've started the game a bunch of times. And the story doesn't have much to offer, even Mother 1 has a waaaaaay better story and characters. So many people treat Earthbound like it's this masterpiece of a game when it's.. really not. Mother 3 is a better game worth playing and deserves more praise and attention that ISN'T people being like “translate mother 3 plz!!!!”.
Story: Mother 3 > Earthbound > Mother 1
Cast: Mother 3 > Earthbound > Mother 1
Protagonist: Ninten > Lucas > Ness
also im grinding for the SoK lol

dboderfield
Scratcher
42 posts

EeveeLegends wrote:

Earthbound will always be my favorite in the series but i dont think its the best game. The original game is good but it would be much better if it was balanced better and wasn't limited by the NES. Earthbound isn't a game for everyone, but it was the first one i played and i loved it so it'll always be my favorite.
Mother 3 is by far best and i wish everyone could play it simply because of the story, it made a big impact in my life. Its a shame that it won't be translated officially

Last edited by dboderfield (May 6, 2022 23:44:25)

chiaki_nanami0-0
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dboderfield wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

Earthbound will always be my favorite in the series but i dont think its the best game. The original game is good but it would be much better if it was balanced better and wasn't limited by the NES. Earthbound isn't a game for everyone, but it was the first one i played and i loved it so it'll always be my favorite.
Mother 3 is by far best and i wish everyone could play it simply because of the story, it made a big impact in my life. Its a shame that it won't be translated officially
*SNES
but i agree

Ninten63
Scratcher
46 posts

yokaiwatch123 wrote:

I beated Mother 1 a year or 2 ago, but it took me 3 whole years to do so

Also, cheese.