Discuss Scratch

K13Marie
Scratcher
100+ posts

A Beginner's Guide to RP's

jadeaurorawolf wrote:

So many things to reply to! Lets see…

Wait… Are you the person who made this? I am slightly confused as to why you are replying to all these…

Life is not measured by the breathes we take, it is measured by the moments that take our breathe away
Join my new roleplay, The Creator!
Read my blog and become part of family! ^^
Saiid
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jadeaurorawolf wrote:

As you can see (Above) not the only problem!
-.-

jadeaurorawolf wrote:

njtacogirl wrote:

jadeaurorawolf wrote:

jadeaurorawolf wrote:

njtacogirl wrote:

AMAZING! luckily, I don't have that problem! Here is my example of a HIGHLY detailed role play ( or act ) of a fox searching for food. *the marigold-colored fox carefully leapt at a hole with great balance and accuracy. She was trying to find a mouse. her brain thought where the meal could have gone. She buried her nose under rocks and tree stumps. The sunlight lit up her back side mean while, her front side was swallowed up by the darkness which seemed to be night but wasn't very quite. After a few tiring hours later, she had managed to capture a bugged-eyed -mouse with her broken claws that where somewhat white but dirty which caused the appearance to be more yellowish. After she strangled the helpless, cobalt- colored -mouse she ate it in tremendous gulps her fangs or teeth grew a bright, bloody red and soon disappeared shortly after she took a thin clean bone from the mouse's skin and cleaned her 3 inch fangs. Her teeth where almost clean but she didn't mind. She left the leftovers of the mouse behind and went back into her shaggy, dry, dusty, den.* Now here is a VERY POOR ROLE PLAY ( or act again, ): *The fox was searching for food it caught a mouse and ate it* BLAH TERRIBLE! Which rp or ( roleplay ) did you like best the highly detailed one, or very cheesy one?
This is my version of yours:
Marigold the fox carefully leaped into a mouse hole, balancing herself perfectly. "Where could that mouse have gone?"She wondered. She buried her nose under the rocks and tree stumps. A few tiring hours later, she came back up with a mouse clamped in her jaws. "It's dirty, but perfect for a meal!"She thought. She strangled it and ate it, gulping it down.
What I Changed:
1. Short so it can fit in comment
2. fox has more character
3. less blood and gore
4. the readers don't throw up
  1. Ok, it works.
  2. I believe you mean more personified. You are trying to make it more like a human, whereas njtaco's was more like a regular fox
  3. Blood and gore are often acceptable to a certain point.
  4. I'm pretty sure nobody threw up reading that.
I think this would be better:
The marigold-colored fox carefully leapt at a hole, trying to find a mouse. “Where could my prey be?”she wondered. She buried her nose under rocks and tree stumps as the sun lit up her backside. After a few tiring hours, she managed to catch a small mouse with her claws, now slightly broken and yellowed from the dirt. After she strangled the cobalt colored mouse, she ate it in a large gulp, her fangs turning a bloody red. She then left the leftovers of the mouse behind and went back into her dry and dusty den.
It's true that my version of it does not fit in a comment, but if you're going for super detailed, it doesn't always have to. I know my rp replies often take two comments, And that's not even from being detailed.

Saiid

Google Sv4mvJbXBJPClyDgc7p5WkYITBi618 to see all my posts

;
jadeaurorawolf
Scratcher
52 posts

the_force wrote:

nope just telling him to add it to the front page
Thats good!!
jadeaurorawolf
Scratcher
52 posts

K13Marie wrote:

jadeaurorawolf wrote:

Wait… Are you the person who made this? I am slightly confused as to why you are replying to all these…
Nope just a lot of people are qouting me!
fateme10
Scratcher
24 posts

I have one question …….please help me
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

fateme10 wrote:

I have one question …….please help me
Yeah? What is it?

cattynora
Scratcher
1 post

Lythium wrote:

Should be stickied.
OMG!!!
Lythium
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cattynora wrote:

Lythium wrote:

Should be stickied.
OMG!!!
About?

godsh
Scratcher
16 posts

what dos sticked mean?

<meta http-equiv=“X-UA-Compatible” content=“IE=Edge” /><script type=“text/javascript”>window.
njtacogirl
Scratcher
100+ posts

….. ? Ummmmahemmmm what is going on here?!
[/big][/small]
switch backdrop to [boaring]

njtacogirl
Scratcher
100+ posts

• i thought we where talking about roi thought this was about how we do rpsand number 3, what r u guys talking about?!
    when [ I cry]> (10)
    [/list]
    [/list]
    [/list]

K13Marie
Scratcher
100+ posts

jadeaurorawolf wrote:

K13Marie wrote:

jadeaurorawolf wrote:

Nope just a lot of people are qouting me!
Oh okay.

Life is not measured by the breathes we take, it is measured by the moments that take our breathe away
Join my new roleplay, The Creator!
Read my blog and become part of family! ^^
leiabird
Scratcher
100+ posts

thx. now i can rp better!!!!
Nintendoscratcher99
Scratcher
14 posts

I have a question about starting it. Do we make it as a Discuss topic, or do we do something else!

Come Join My Pokemon TF RP!! please :)
Nintendoscratcher99
Scratcher
14 posts

Thanks!!!!Thanks! This helped a ton!

Last edited by Nintendoscratcher99 (Dec. 13, 2016 00:51:37)

Come Join My Pokemon TF RP!! please :)
leiabird
Scratcher
100+ posts

Nintendoscratcher99 wrote:

I have a question about starting it. Do we make it as a Discuss topic, or do we do something else!
you can make a discussion or you can put it in the studio discripton
ZZ9PluralZAlpha
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Great guide! Well done!

WildlifeWavesgames
Scratcher
100+ posts

jadeaurorawolf wrote:

WildlifeWavesgames wrote:

jadeaurorawolf wrote:

DiscordTheWolf wrote:

Aw shoot, I was going to make this but you got here first
How do you do a signature?
Ah. Simply click on ‘Discuss’ and scroll to the bottom. Click ‘Change your signature’ and it should come up with a little box for you to type it.
How?
*LAST EVER DISCUSS POST*
Press ‘Discuss’ and scroll to the bottom. It’s not very obvious, but you’ll find it eventually.
Bye!

Shared Projects (3)

Snail Riding | Snail . . . Random Terrain Gen . . . ✰ about ✰
preslyna
Scratcher
100+ posts

cool!

Well hey there!
TheDraeth
New to Scratch
3 posts

Sorry to jump into the discussion like this,but i've got something hard to solve,and i'm aware that maybe you could help me with that.
I'll make it short.
I'm a Founder of a Roleplay,not a great one,people in there aren't really happy about me getting this position with hard work,but that's another story.
The other 2 Founders have promised the members a new combat system for the roleplay,too bad noone of them is working on that,so i have.
I found something but i have a problem that's beyond easy,no fair play can be found in those people,no stats except che hp were set before i became founder.
So now,i'm in deep trouble,because for the 3 of January i have to make the system public,and i have no clues about damage calc,stats to use and the most efficient system to make these people enjoy their stay.

So i'm asking you veterans about this,sorry to trouble you.