43 posts

Triangle tool

MathlyCat wrote:

Zekrom01 wrote:

Stance changed:

CosmicHamster wrote:

Support for

Zro716 wrote:

a regular polygon tool for 3 to 20 or so sides.
Not a Vector user but oh well. Support.
Well, vector AND for bitmap

forever

if <(Are there evil kumquats) = [lots of them ]> then
repeat until <(All kumquats destroyed) = [true ]>

go to [evil kumquats v] and destroy them!
end

forever

set [current activity v] to [scratch on! (and check for evil kumquats) ]
end

end

end
Owl-in-an-Oak
Scratcher
100+ posts

Triangle tool

Zro716 wrote:

Why just a triangle? I would much rather have a regular polygon tool for 3 to 20 or so sides.
Totally. If you're going to have a triangle, square, and circle, why not have everything? That would be way too many shapes, you know dodecagons and pentagons, etc. There totally should be a tool that lets you choose the number of sides and then you can draw it.

Hey, I'm Owl-in-an-Oak, as you can see. I'm basically an owl up in a tree. If you like my rap, if you like my rhyme, Let's do this again some other time! Word!
Ever heard this saying?
“A wise old owl sat in an oak,
the more he saw the less he spoke,
the less he spoke the more he heard.
Why can't we all be like that wise old bird?”

Mostly in the forums, but check out @Bright-Idea, my alt. account.
jonathan06b
Scratcher
43 posts

Triangle tool

yeah.

forever

end

forever

end

end

end
Braylys
Scratcher
100+ posts

Triangle tool

Ehh, well the triangle is not as useful as squares and circles. No support.

Bray-cray cray, crazy cat on Scratch, Braylys out, to fix a minor patch.

Quality is better than quantity
Many Scratchers are just posting “I agree”, “ I don't agree.”, or “bump.” too many times just to get extra posts. If you do this, your reputation on the forums will be low. If you agree with this, say “I agree.” on my profile comments. This currently has 6 supporters, please help this be used in the Scratch Community. I really want to help end this with Hamish752, another supporter.
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/search/?action=show_user&show_as=posts
drawdea
Scratcher
61 posts

Triangle tool

Zro716 wrote:

Why just a triangle? I would much rather have a regular polygon tool for 3 to 20 or so sides.
Great Idea!
donosiciel
Scratcher
68 posts

Triangle tool

This is a good idea!
jonathan06b
Scratcher
43 posts

Triangle tool

Many people are supporting the polygon tool, I totally agree!

forever

end

forever

end

end

end
jonathan06b
Scratcher
43 posts

Triangle tool

jonathan06b wrote:

Many people are supporting the polygon tool, I totally agree!
By that i mean i support the idea

forever

end

forever

end

end

end
zHmonster
Scratcher
100+ posts

Triangle tool

I actually support this, even though there is a workaround like this: Click a square in reshape mode and delete a point. A lot of people don't know how to do that, which is why I support it. I also support a polygon tool.

Ps. This is not a necropost, as I had a helpful suggestion.

Last edited by zHmonster (Nov. 25, 2020 04:29:50)

I used to be really bad at the forums. Looking back, did I really say: “support” and just that? Or god forbid: SUPPORT
Hey! It's zHmonster! I love the forums! I am active in Suggestions, and Requests. Here is a list of the shops that I work in:
The Pixel Art Shop || The Metallic Shop || The Wishing Shop || The TJSSF
Artable || The NoobGod Coding Institution || Scrolifier || Ze Shop || The Corner Store

eikh2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Triangle tool

Bringing it up since there was a duplicate.

I do support though, It's easier than the “Square reshape” option.

Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Triangle tool

I made a… drawing… of how the tool could look

/hj is the worst tone indicator. It's confusing and ambiguous. I hate it. The point of tone indicators is to indicate tone, or the way that a piece of text should be read, but what does “half joking” mean? Do you just wake up in the morning and think “wow, I really have something I want to talk about seriously but also kinda not, IDK you decide.” It's useless. I hate it. It just provokes a deep rooted anger within me whenever I see it. People just comment /hj as if it makes any sense. It doesn't. Oh wow, it's a tone indicator that's has a relative meaning, how useful, I'll use it in every comment I post. NO. STOP IT. You're a tone indicator, you have only one job, and yet you sit there doing nothing apart angering me.

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)
This one is useful because it tells you that this signature is fully 100% serious. (/srs) Who would've thought that tone indicators needed to tell you something about the piece of text they're attached to? /s

I'm serious, I'm not even going to put multiple (/hj)s a the end of my signature as to mock the previous paragraph for not getting the point of something(like previous version of my signature). /srs
Ihatr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Triangle tool

Honestly, a triangle is not used as much as a square or circle, which is probably why it was never there in the first place. However, I don't use triangles in most of my projects, but I do use other polygon shapes (ex: hexagon). I don't want just a triangle, but I would want a polygon tool instead as it satisfies me and the supporters.

this is a link
GoogleInScratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Triangle tool

Semi-Support, it will be great for beginners who don't know how to use the reshape tool. But when you make the triangle, I think it'll feel a little weird.

I moved to DualPikachu, meet me there!
the2000
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Triangle tool

Steve0Greatness wrote:

I'm going to frame this and put it on my wall. This is the best mock-up of all time

Ihatr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Triangle tool

the2000 wrote:

Steve0Greatness wrote:

I'm going to frame this and put it on my wall. This is the best mock-up of all time
Good Luck getting a frame, wear your mask!

this is a link
Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Triangle tool

the2000 wrote:

Steve0Greatness wrote:

ok

/hj is the worst tone indicator. It's confusing and ambiguous. I hate it. The point of tone indicators is to indicate tone, or the way that a piece of text should be read, but what does “half joking” mean? Do you just wake up in the morning and think “wow, I really have something I want to talk about seriously but also kinda not, IDK you decide.” It's useless. I hate it. It just provokes a deep rooted anger within me whenever I see it. People just comment /hj as if it makes any sense. It doesn't. Oh wow, it's a tone indicator that's has a relative meaning, how useful, I'll use it in every comment I post. NO. STOP IT. You're a tone indicator, you have only one job, and yet you sit there doing nothing apart angering me.

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)
This one is useful because it tells you that this signature is fully 100% serious. (/srs) Who would've thought that tone indicators needed to tell you something about the piece of text they're attached to? /s

I'm serious, I'm not even going to put multiple (/hj)s a the end of my signature as to mock the previous paragraph for not getting the point of something(like previous version of my signature). /srs
Marc92020
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Triangle tool

the2000 wrote:

Steve0Greatness wrote:

Actually, here is a better mockup:

Marc92020
i do stuff

image updates whenever i check
PkmnQ
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Triangle tool

Ok, but would it do equilateral triangles? Right triangles? Icoseles triangles? This suggestion is a bit vague, don't you think?

This is an account that exists.

Here, have a useful link:
The Official List of Rejected Suggestions by Za-Chary

D-ScratchNinja
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Triangle tool

Maybe inside a menu of an “extra shapes” tool with some other shapes as well?
I have bumped this because a duplicate was posted

Last edited by D-ScratchNinja (July 18, 2021 19:37:55)

D-ScratchNinja • he/him
- The following is my signature, which always shows up below my posts. -

New! Filter through my projects with my website.

Need to fix an issue? Check out this studio for solutions to some common problems!

OS: Windows 11 / Browser: Microsoft Edge / Time zone: PST/PDT
scratchusername40
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Triangle tool

What about something that lets you do angles (eg. change the angles of points) instead? It could do triangles, polygons, stars, whatever you want