Discuss Scratch

mt10073087
Scratcher
21 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

I still want fnaf. they have NO RIGHTS to take away that hard work!!!!
Derpyderpherpderp
Scratcher
2 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

To be honest, I think that people reporting problems should just stay away from the games. But still, I guess this can help in some cases. Like ending a huge flow of FNAF games, it can kinda be hard finding the ones you want some times.
Well, there goes half of the Recently Shared section. (ba-dum-tiss)
Darn right.
Also, there were A LOT of FNAFs out there, making it hard to find the “good” ones. The update has its ups and downs, but I guess us Scratchers will be able to deal with it.

PS: I'm a little on the “I don't like this update” side because I had a FNAF taken away from the community as well.
PS Again: Isn't there like an age limit or something to be able to join Scratch?

Hope you enjoyed my time-wasting rant!
Derpyderpherpderp
Scratcher
2 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

creeperx559 wrote:

daoo21 wrote:

This is a sad day for the scratch community, Parsec broke his mind trying to make a faithful recreation of FNAF for Scratch and you guys go ahead and censor his project. Kids now at days go ahead and play COD on their Xbox, and that's a game for adults. Kids today aren't easily sacred by any of this content. And yes, an age restriction is NEEDED for this site, it would benefit so many scratchers.

I was working on a Binding of Isaac recreation for Scratch and I was putting efort on it, and now I can't, becuase you guys won't let me.

Thanks for destroying our effort

P.S.: I love Scratch it allows me to create games easily, and there's not any other sites that will let me do what I can do here. Censorship is curel.
Parsec and I broke our minds! I tried to release FNAF on Scratch early. As far as my research has gone, I believe I had the first FNAF on scratch that actually functioned like the original but I think Parsec uploaded around the same time as me. After we both released our FNAF2 on scratch, I left the stage to him for FNAF3 because I thought that I should start working on other things. (Which I have a project that I am still working since the summer!)
In all honesty, I feel that even though his functioned greatly, I had it harder because I tried to draw every animatronic while coding it. Some took longer than others but I had to try. I'm not trying to rant but I am just putting out there that some serious time was spent on these. They didn't exactly destroy our efforts though. Just find a way to may it more age appropriate. (Which I know can be hard for the Binding of Isaac.)

This is probably gonna end up with 1K+ Scratchers leaving.
Thank you Scratch, for wasting our time.

Last edited by Derpyderpherpderp (Dec. 2, 2015 21:02:39)

creeperx559
Scratcher
46 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

Derpyderpherpderp wrote:

creeperx559 wrote:

daoo21 wrote:

This is a sad day for the scratch community, Parsec broke his mind trying to make a faithful recreation of FNAF for Scratch and you guys go ahead and censor his project. Kids now at days go ahead and play COD on their Xbox, and that's a game for adults. Kids today aren't easily sacred by any of this content. And yes, an age restriction is NEEDED for this site, it would benefit so many scratchers.

I was working on a Binding of Isaac recreation for Scratch and I was putting efort on it, and now I can't, becuase you guys won't let me.

Thanks for destroying our effort

P.S.: I love Scratch it allows me to create games easily, and there's not any other sites that will let me do what I can do here. Censorship is curel.
Parsec and I broke our minds! I tried to release FNAF on Scratch early. As far as my research has gone, I believe I had the first FNAF on scratch that actually functioned like the original but I think Parsec uploaded around the same time as me. After we both released our FNAF2 on scratch, I left the stage to him for FNAF3 because I thought that I should start working on other things. (Which I have a project that I am still working since the summer!)
In all honesty, I feel that even though his functioned greatly, I had it harder because I tried to draw every animatronic while coding it. Some took longer than others but I had to try. I'm not trying to rant but I am just putting out there that some serious time was spent on these. They didn't exactly destroy our efforts though. Just find a way to may it more age appropriate. (Which I know can be hard for the Binding of Isaac.)

This is probably gonna end up with 1K+ Scratchers leaving.
Probably so (I hope not) But to be honest, FNAF is not the only thing on Scratch. In fact, there are so many incredible projects out there with the potential to be featured but haven't been given the attention it needs. FNAF is not what we are about. In actuality, FNAF is an infection spreading across Scratch that needs to be almost completely eradicated. (Some FNAF projects are safe enough to stay) We need to move on from it and start going back to the good times where we played the featured games, griffpatch's multiplayer games, and just enjoyed Scratch for what it is and what it should always be. Let's all be one big coding family!

"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible." - Francis of Assisi
Springtrap393
Scratcher
100+ posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

TheAwesomeMaster wrote:

BoS_Outcast wrote:

You don't learn anything from Mario Kart. FNaF teaches you that the world is a horrible place.
You can learn that from the news. You don't need to learn that from a video game.
So true… Why the heck does the news only put on the negative topics?

Spring out.
MatthewMW
Scratcher
56 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

fnaf is gone. end.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Gamesayen

Keep Scratching!

MatthewMW
Scratcher
56 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

Just get the real games to support Scott, so he can make more games.

Gamesayen

Keep Scratching!

MatthewMW
Scratcher
56 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

also, this is an opportunity to make different games.

Gamesayen

Keep Scratching!

Coding_Cat
Scratcher
37 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

Since i'm a long-time FNAF fanatic, or FNAFatic (haha puns), I'm going to write a heartfelt post about this.
It is true that FNAF is not appropriate for all ages. It contains a lot of spooky stuff like jumpscares, scary backstories, etc.
It is ALSO true that if you have, like, a Freddy Fazbear dressup game, it's totally appropriate. As long as it's not a scary dressup game.
I completely agree with the Scratch Team. I wish we were allowed to keep FNAF stuff, like, all of it?? But that's ok *sniff* I can live without it.
*SOBBING*
Ok, i'm back.
You heard what I said. Soooo goodbye :3
Peace.
Coding_Cat, 2-year member of Scratch, 1-year fan of FNAF.

NOTICE
Five Nights At Freddy's 4 has been confirmed….
Click this link. Let me know if I missed a teaser
—————————————————————————————————————-
“Everything in your world is Five Nights At Freddy's.” - A friend of mine
YES IT IS.
Baconcrisp3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

mt10073087 wrote:

They have rights! They MADE Scratch!

I don't think Dark Alleys are good for kids.

“The World is a weird place” - Sigton 2015

Check out my art
DownsGameClub
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

mt10073087 wrote:

They do, since they deemed that FNAF is not appropriate, and therefore, violates the guidelines.

alexflame wrote:

that is rude please dont come here unless you want FNAF back
say [#BRING BACK FNAF]

No, it is not. It is just respectfully telling his opinion on the matter. Also, does that mean that the Scratch Team should never, ever post on this thread to help moderate before it becomes a flame? Does that mean that no other person should come on to help moderate? Does that mean that people who are trying to respectfully express their opinion wether they are pro or anti FNAF? Think about what you said…

–DGC
Scratcher since Aug. 2015 +++ Fire Alarm Enthusiast +++ College student studying fire protection engineering
Baconcrisp3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

DownsGameClub wrote:

No, it is not. It is just respectfully telling his opinion on the matter. Also, does that mean that the Scratch Team should never, ever post on this thread to help moderate before it becomes a flame? Does that mean that no other person should come on to help moderate? Does that mean that people who are trying to respectfully express their opinion wether they are pro or anti FNAF? Think about what you said…
This has been a flame for a while

Check out my art
epicanna27
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

The person who said not to come here unless you want FNAF back is very, very wrong.
This topic is here for questions about the first post.
Not to start a giant rebellion.
Guys, if you want a rebellion, you could get banned for it, depending on how out-of-hand it gets.
And please don't flame (insult other people and end up in part of a “war”.)

sorry guys

i fed my signature to my pet kumquat

but he is still hungry so hide your signatures kids
Freddybear5
Scratcher
1 post

Five Nights at Freddy's

Well, I'm a gigantic fan of fnaf, but, the change seems O.K. I could just play all 4 games on my tablet.
Springtrap393
Scratcher
100+ posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

I love FNAF. I did BEFORE it was cool. Then this happened. I had come to Scratch so I could freely code and create my fangames with ease. I nearly cried with joy when I finished my first one. Making them is my specialty, and if you check my profile, you'll see what I mean. Not to advertise or anything, but I just wanted to show I was getting real good at this stuff. Once this happened, it was like sawing off my right arm. (I'm right-handed) I had lost what I was good at. I got a GameJolt account, but I feel awful for those who aren't so lucky. My best friends all agreed that it was all really kind of nonsense to ban the jumpscares, it was like saying Mario's inappropriate because the princess gets kidnapped. And according to the first post, “FNAF is rooted in murder and kidnapping.” Tell me WHEN in the storyline there was kidnapping. The children were murdered at the pizzeria. I understand. But you can't remove a backstory to a game. If a FNAF fan saw a non-inappropriate FNAF animation, they may still think of the backstory. And I know banning the projects containing the backstory would help others, but think of all the conspiracy studios and discussions the ST would have to remove. To kids being scared, I know, I know. And we can't use warnings or restrictions either. I know. But it's the kid's fault if they search it up, because that would mean they already know what it is, and probably have already seen it on YouTube. And I have NEVER seen a FNAF project in the featured area, or anywhere else on the front page, except the Most Recent area. And maybe we could except FNAF projects from there and keep it like that, so youngsters like my little brother Griffin don't accidentally run into it. I'm just saying, there's a lot of compromises we can come to, instead of flaming. Come on, let's fix this problem. Together.

Spring out.
Lucastirado
Scratcher
23 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

so is it okay to make FNAF based games
ItchyCatIII
Scratcher
500+ posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

Springtrap393 wrote:

I love FNAF. I did BEFORE it was cool. Then this happened. I had come to Scratch so I could freely code and create my fangames with ease. I nearly cried with joy when I finished my first one. Making them is my specialty, and if you check my profile, you'll see what I mean. Not to advertise or anything, but I just wanted to show I was getting real good at this stuff. Once this happened, it was like sawing off my right arm. (I'm right-handed) I had lost what I was good at. I got a GameJolt account, but I feel awful for those who aren't so lucky. My best friends all agreed that it was all really kind of nonsense to ban the jumpscares, it was like saying Mario's inappropriate because the princess gets kidnapped. And according to the first post, “FNAF is rooted in murder and kidnapping.” Tell me WHEN in the storyline there was kidnapping. The children were murdered at the pizzeria. I understand. But you can't remove a backstory to a game. If a FNAF fan saw a non-inappropriate FNAF animation, they may still think of the backstory. And I know banning the projects containing the backstory would help others, but think of all the conspiracy studios and discussions the ST would have to remove. To kids being scared, I know, I know. And we can't use warnings or restrictions either. I know. But it's the kid's fault if they search it up, because that would mean they already know what it is, and probably have already seen it on YouTube. And I have NEVER seen a FNAF project in the featured area, or anywhere else on the front page, except the Most Recent area. And maybe we could except FNAF projects from there and keep it like that, so youngsters like my little brother Griffin don't accidentally run into it. I'm just saying, there's a lot of compromises we can come to, instead of flaming. Come on, let's fix this problem. Together.

The reason that FNAF projects aren't usually featured or anything, is because the ST has a few different moderation status. See http://wiki.scratch.mit.edu/wiki/Project_Review_Status for more information. But, in order to feature a project, an ST member has to see it, and will mark it as “for everyone” before featuring it. But, if he/she marks it “not for everyone”, then he/she can't feature it, as everybody will see it, and it isn't necessarily appropriate for everyone.

But anyway, not all FNaF is banned, only the inappropriate projects are unshared (but still can be found in your “my stuff” section). You still have access to your hard work, and can remove the inappropriate parts and reshare it. Anyway, the problem is the ST usually hasn't seen the project before it goes into “recently shared” - as the title suggests, they were just shared.

Anyway, young children can stumble upon projects. Let's say somebody their following favorites it. Then, it's in their news feed, and they begin to get curious about what it is. Or if they hear something about FNaF on Scratch, and decide to see what it is. School districts were banning Scratch, which is supposed to be an education children's programming site, because they hosted FNaF projects. Even though many people like FNaF, the ST could not host projects which were leading to school districts banning Scratch, which should be used as a great educational resource.

Don't you just hate when people advertise in their signatures (and raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip ones. That's just not okay).

#BringItBack
Baconcrisp3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

Springtrap393 wrote:

JUST STOP! How many times do you have to tell us why you don't want FNAF to leave Scratch? This is like the 5th time You CAN STILL keep making ANY TYPE of FNAF game you want JUST DON'T SHARE IT

Check out my art
BoS_Outcast
Scratcher
81 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

epicanna27 wrote:

The person who said not to come here unless you want FNAF back is very, very wrong.
This topic is here for questions about the first post.
Not to start a giant rebellion.
Guys, if you want a rebellion, you could get banned for it, depending on how out-of-hand it gets.
And please don't flame (insult other people and end up in part of a “war”.)

We should obsess over FALLOUT!

Hello. I am a member of the Civil Air Patrol Thunderbird Composite Squadron in Texas. I am on my way to promoting to Cadet Airman and will the moment I memorize the Cadet Oath.

For when you are upset, have this link:
http://www.sanger.dk/

If you hate Trump this link:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/99691005/
Springtrap393
Scratcher
100+ posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

ItchyCatIII wrote:

Springtrap393 wrote:

The reason that FNAF projects aren't usually featured or anything, is because the ST has a few different moderation status. See http://wiki.scratch.mit.edu/wiki/Project_Review_Status for more information. But, in order to feature a project, an ST member has to see it, and will mark it as “for everyone” before featuring it. But, if he/she marks it “not for everyone”, then he/she can't feature it, as everybody will see it, and it isn't necessarily appropriate for everyone.

But anyway, not all FNaF is banned, only the inappropriate projects are unshared (but still can be found in your “my stuff” section). You still have access to your hard work, and can remove the inappropriate parts and reshare it. Anyway, the problem is the ST usually hasn't seen the project before it goes into “recently shared” - as the title suggests, they were just shared.

Anyway, young children can stumble upon projects. Let's say somebody their following favorites it. Then, it's in their news feed, and they begin to get curious about what it is. Or if they hear something about FNaF on Scratch, and decide to see what it is. School districts were banning Scratch, which is supposed to be an education children's programming site, because they hosted FNaF projects. Even though many people like FNaF, the ST could not host projects which were leading to school districts banning Scratch, which should be used as a great educational resource.
I mean, you could just completely remove them from the front page.

Spring out.