Discuss Scratch

SimpleScratch
Scratcher
500+ posts

Whiskers: Scratch 2.0 for Incompatible Devices

I downloaded bleeding edge but file dates inside zip say 19th November and I can't load sb2 files
NoMod-Programming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SimpleScratch wrote:

I downloaded bleeding edge but file dates inside zip say 19th November and I can't load sb2 files
Oh. Then it didn't upload correctly. Fixing…

Long-since moved on from Scratch, if you need to find all my posts, search this in google: 3499447a51c01fc4dc1e8c3b8182b41cb0e88c67
infinitytec
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Wow! Looks awesome! I'll have to try it out!
EDIT:
Cool! My 2.0 project didn't import (image files not recognized).

Last edited by infinitytec (Nov. 25, 2015 00:08:41)

Not here much, but sometimes I lurk.
God has a plan. He has a plan for everything, and everyone.
NoMod-Programming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

infinitytec wrote:

Wow! Looks awesome! I'll have to try it out!
EDIT:
Cool! My 2.0 project didn't import (image files not recognized).
Yeah… Can you convert the costumes from vector to bitmap? That seems to be the only error for now.

Long-since moved on from Scratch, if you need to find all my posts, search this in google: 3499447a51c01fc4dc1e8c3b8182b41cb0e88c67
SimpleScratch
Scratcher
500+ posts

I tried one of my Scratch 2 projects

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/10005939/

- lots of obsolete blocks and images not quite right

Simon
NoMod-Programming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SimpleScratch wrote:

I tried one of my Scratch 2 projects

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/10005939/

- lots of obsolete blocks and images not quite right

Simon
Yeah… Still working on that. Right now i'm almost done fixing the block loading. Then, it's going to be sprite positions. Afterwards, I do the rest of the boring parts of project loading (sigh).

SimpleScratch
Scratcher
500+ posts

Take it easy - we don't want you burning out on this project :-)
NoMod-Programming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SimpleScratch wrote:

Take it easy - we don't want you burning out on this project :-)
I honestly don't mind. I love this project!!! (Plus: I only work on this in my spare time; I have a LOT of spare time.

NoMod-Programming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Okay… I'm back from thanksgiving break and ready to work on the project. I'm on the hardest part: getting sprite positions working. Any ideas on how to fix? I've been trying everything possible. An image with my progress is available here.

EDIT: Latest internal progress as of 2:52 PM on 11/30/15: Implemented visibility, direction, rotation style, and draggability. Still no luck on sprite positions yet.

Last edited by NoMod-Programming (Nov. 30, 2015 22:52:55)

NoMod-Programming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Okay… New version out: 2.0 File opening should be a bit more stable (Added progress dialog because it's VERY slow); Made a few cleanups (hopefully I can get the image file down to 8MB or less); Fixed a few bugs concerning the loading of variable blocks from 2.0; Fixed a few bugs concerning sprite direction, visibility, rotation style, draggability, and costume sizes; removed herobrine; created a fallback procedure in case of an error; introduced new bugs; new block drawing mechanics; fixed a bug concerning continuity against 2.0; since people read this, I should probably monetize this app (jk); A few stability improvements; Other general bug fixes

TL;DR: New update is out and more stable!!!

-Io-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NoMod-Programming wrote:

Okay… New version out: 2.0 File opening should be a bit more stable (Added progress dialog because it's VERY slow); Made a few cleanups (hopefully I can get the image file down to 8MB or less); Fixed a few bugs concerning the loading of variable blocks from 2.0; Fixed a few bugs concerning sprite direction, visibility, rotation style, draggability, and costume sizes; removed herobrine; created a fallback procedure in case of an error; introduced new bugs; new block drawing mechanics; fixed a bug concerning continuity against 2.0; since people read this, I should probably monetize this app (jk); A few stability improvements; Other general bug fixes

TL;DR: New update is out and more stable!!!
Dem easter eggs
btw i get the herobrine reference ;)

SimpleScratch
Scratcher
500+ posts

My Traffic light project loads and blocks look OK now
Keep it up great work
NoMod-Programming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SimpleScratch wrote:

My Traffic light project loads and blocks look OK now
Keep it up great work
Yup… The last block to fix is the timer (sigh… How did that break anyways ) Well, I'm glad it's more stable now!

NoMod-Programming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Alright… New version up. This version adds some visual changes and the base (not finished yet) for the tips sidebar. The menus now have a shadow, a checkmark for some items, and other minor adjustments. A few other internal changes await the release of some other new things, such as, but not limited to: a backpack, a tips bar, and an update server/dialog. I hope you like it!

SimpleScratch
Scratcher
500+ posts

This project locks up on spacebar
Your text to link here…

this one with the stop doesnt

Your text to link here…

Win10
NoMod-Programming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SimpleScratch wrote:

Your text to link here…

Your text to link here…

Win10
EDIT: NVM. Got it downloaded…
Hmm.. It's the opposite for me. The
stop [other scripts in this sprite v]::stack
block seems to be the problem. I'm guessing that it can't find other scripts to stop because I forgot to add a target. I need to look through the code and fix that (And I know that this bug also affects about 5 other blocks too *sigh*)

Last edited by NoMod-Programming (Dec. 5, 2015 19:17:44)

NoMod-Programming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NoMod-Programming wrote:

SimpleScratch wrote:

Your text to link here…

Your text to link here…

Win10
EDIT: NVM. Got it downloaded…
Hmm.. It's the opposite for me. The
stop [other scripts in this sprite v]::stack
block seems to be the problem. I'm guessing that it can't find other scripts to stop because I forgot to add a target. I need to look through the code and fix that (And I know that this bug also affects about 5 other blocks too *sigh*)
Uh oh… This bug seems to be with recursion. I can't seem to find out why, though. I'm recoding the whole block now

NoMod-Programming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Okay… I got it working. I feel stupid (I misspelled a word in the code). Projects shouldn't break now.

SimpleScratch
Scratcher
500+ posts

Great stuff :-) Confirm it seems to load and work fine (apart from the sprite position know issue of course)

Simon
NoMod-Programming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SimpleScratch wrote:

Great stuff :-) Confirm it seems to load and work fine (apart from the sprite position know issue of course)

Simon
Yeah. I'm stuck on this . I think I know an answer, but it hangs every time I try

Okay. My to do list is as follows:
  • TOP PRIORITY: Add the Info bar on the right side of the screen (nowhere near done, but getting there)
  • Add changing variables through the context menu
  • Add a block color editor (and maybe something to make it load on startup)
  • Add the word “info” to the sprite context menu
  • Fix a few bugs I found
  • LOWEST PRIORITY: Add video recording (As per This topic and This mockup (credit to @thepuzzlegame)

Last edited by NoMod-Programming (Dec. 10, 2015 04:22:14)