Discuss Scratch

TheAwesomeMaster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

What belongs in the 'Questions' forum?

The Questions Forum

NOTE: Please make a new topic for your question. DO NOT ask here. Thanks!

I've been seeing a lot of closed topics (except for the stickies) in the questions forums, mainly because it doesn't relate to asking general questions about Scratch. I used cheddergirl's sticky in the Requests forum to help make this one, so most credit for this go to her.

Help with Scripts - Ask for help getting your project to work right
Show and Tell - Ask for people to look at your project/studio
Project Ideas - Ask for help to think up of project ideas
Collaboration - Ask to help make projects with another Scratch or ask other Scratchers for help
Requests - Ask other Scratchers for something; from art to music to reviews
Suggestions - Ask if something more can be put into Scratch
Bugs and Glitches - Ask if something you've been seeing is a bug or not
Advanced Topics - Ask questions about more advanced topics
Connecting to the Physical World - Ask about connecting Scratch projects to the physical world
Developing Scratch Extensions - Ask for help creating Scratch extensions
Things I'm Making and Creating - Ask about what others are creating outside of Scratch
Things I'm Reading and Playing - Ask about media outside of Scratch
Translating Scratch - Ask for Scratch to be translated into your language

*You may have noticed that I also skipped ‘Scratch Helper Groups’; that probably won't apply to you.*

Some things you should not use the forums for at all:
Asking to report something/somebody: Use the report button instead
Asking to close a topic: Also use the ‘report’ button or click the close button
Asking for the Scratch team to take back and alert: Use the Contact Us button
Asking if a project is allowed to be on the front page: Also use the ‘Contact Us’ button
Asking is something needs to be stickied: Also use the ‘report’ button
Asking for something to be featured: Go here instead.
Asking for a reason why someone was banned: That's between the banned user and the Scratch Team

Does your question not apply to these categories? If so, then it's probably okay to post it in the ‘Questions’ forum. Be sure to read the other stickies before you post it to make sure it's not already answered.

Scratch On!

Last edited by TheAwesomeMaster (March 12, 2016 14:39:44)

Hello!
I'm TheAwesomeMaster: a middle school violist (someone who plays the viola), coder, artist, and writer! I also enjoy role-playing and helping out in the community.
| Profile | Wiki Page | Scratch String Orchestra | ᎪρᏂεℓ༏Ꮻ₪~ A Space Odyssey by Novakitty |
If you are reading this, comment “I have superpowers.” on my profile.
^._.^::control //This is Kallie. She is a certified siggy protector. She protects my siggy from kumquats.
Nether_before
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This is a very good guide!

~~If life gives you kumquats, lock your signature up, bury it in the ground and hope it's safe~~
hello child. i am an elf
TheAwesomeMaster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nether_before wrote:

This is a very good guide!

Thanks!

Hello!
I'm TheAwesomeMaster: a middle school violist (someone who plays the viola), coder, artist, and writer! I also enjoy role-playing and helping out in the community.
| Profile | Wiki Page | Scratch String Orchestra | ᎪρᏂεℓ༏Ꮻ₪~ A Space Odyssey by Novakitty |
^._.^::control //This is Kallie. She is a certified siggy protector. She protects my siggy from kumquats.
LattleKada
Scratcher
100+ posts

I reported it to be stickied

TheAwesomeMaster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LattleKada wrote:

I reported it to be stickied

Wow, thanks!

Hello!
Zekrom01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Needs to be stickied

20 something years old
Probably doing college work
VoltageGames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I feel like recently there's been a rehasing of the same old things in new threads just to get ITopic'd.
I think it would be better to report Chedda's thread to be added to this forum's ITopic index.

Also the forum basically does your job for you.
Under each subforum name is a description of what it's for.

And if you haven't noticed, we can keep stickying and ITopic'ing til kingdom come, but that won't help anything because, obviously, if people did read the stickies, there wouldn't be a problem of what goes where/where goes what.

Last edited by VoltageGames (Aug. 8, 2015 13:47:25)

i3-6100 / r9 380 / 8 gigs ram / 1 tb hdd

Click here to inflate my ego and thank me for my posts.

TheAwesomeMaster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

VoltageGames wrote:

I feel like recently there's been a rehasing of the same old things in new threads just to get ITopic'd.
I think it would be better to report Chedda's thread to be added to this forum's ITopic index.

Also the forum basically does your job for you.
Under each subforum name is a description of what it's for.

And if you haven't noticed, we can keep stickying and ITopic'ing til kingdom come, but that won't help anything because, obviously, if people did read the stickies, there wouldn't be a problem of what goes where/where goes what.

I never knew that you could report cheddargirl's sticky and put it into the ‘Questions’ forum. Forgive me, I didn't know.
The forum says ‘post general questions’. Some people may not know what this means.

I just saw people taking this forum the wrong way, I thought I could point it out the way cheddargirl did. There was nothing like this in the ‘Questions’ forum, I thought that many people wouldn't have the patience to look in the ‘Requests’ forum. Sorry if there was already something else in the ‘Questions forum; I just didn’t know about it.

Hello!
TheAwesomeMaster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I hope I'm not spamming and I'm allowed to bump this.

Hello!
TheAwesomeMaster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BUMP (again).

Hello!
joletole
Scratcher
100+ posts

Great guide! Unfortunately, there seems to be a guide similar to this one (that is already stickied). But, this guide seems to have some more information about certain parts of the current sticky. This will most likely be turned into an iTopic.

SDS Curator
Have a question? Ask me on my profile! I will be happy to answer them.
-What is an SDS curator? | How do I become an SDS curator? | Where can I get to your profile?-
TheAwesomeMaster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

joletole wrote:

Great guide! Unfortunately, there seems to be a guide similar to this one (that is already stickied). But, this guide seems to have some more information about certain parts of the current sticky. This will most likely be turned into an iTopic.

Thanks! Sorry about that, I never thought both of these were similar.

Hello!
TheAwesomeMaster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

And look at that, I'm bumping it again. (I seriously hope I'm not spamming.)

Hello!
TheAwesomeMaster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Someone please tell me if I'm spamming when I bump this.

Hello!
joshuaho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

That's a nice guide! It could probably either get stickied or I'topic'd.

College student studying Communication and Fire Technology, communication lab tutor, guitar and piano player, perfectionist, and just some guy who regularly eats and trains physically to stay healthy.
Hamish752
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nice guide! As said above, it is a duplicate, but I'd say it will be ITopic'd, cos it's quite helpful. By the way, by bumping this thread, you are not spamming. However, you should wait at least 12 hours before bumping it.

Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Nice! I do think this one

Help with Scripts - Ask for help with making your project

is not clear though. It's really only for scripting help. Maybe this instead

?

Scratch Team Member, kayak and pickleball enthusiast, cat caregiver.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.
(credit to Za-Chary)

;
TheAwesomeMaster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Paddle2See wrote:

Nice! I do think this one

Help with Scripts - Ask for help with making your project

is not clear though. It's really only for scripting help. Maybe this instead

?

That'll work. I'll edit the first post. Thanks for the suggestion.

EDIT: Done!

Last edited by TheAwesomeMaster (Aug. 13, 2015 12:18:15)

Hello!
TheAwesomeMaster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hamish752 wrote:

Nice guide! As said above, it is a duplicate, but I'd say it will be ITopic'd, cos it's quite helpful. By the way, by bumping this thread, you are not spamming. However, you should wait at least 12 hours before bumping it.

Yeah, sorry about that. I never knew it was a duplicate. But it got stickied anyways…

I'm pretty sure I waited at least 12 hours before each bump. I'm not sure about 24 hours, but I know that I waited 12 hours. Thanks for telling me.

Hello!
arman516
Scratcher
500+ posts

Very helpful! Especially for new scratchers.

Scratch is programming, Programming is math, Math makes you smart, Being smart is good, and being good is great!

Links!
l Community Guidlines l Advertise Here l Need Help? l Create A Project! l Recent Featured Project By applepiesleth l This link doesn't actually do anything… l ¿Hablas español? l Discuss Your Goals On Scratch! I