Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Collaboration
  • » ScratchPress: ULTIMATE SCRATCHPAPER! Every Monday and Friday - High quality professional news and awesomeness! [RSS Feed]
Firedrake969
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ScratchPress: ULTIMATE SCRATCHPAPER! Every Monday and Friday - High quality professional news and awesomeness!

As I said, I can improve the transitions so they look cooler but don't lag.

'17 rickoid

bf97b44a7fbd33db070f6ade2b7dc549
StardustGogeta
Scratcher
100+ posts

ScratchPress: ULTIMATE SCRATCHPAPER! Every Monday and Friday - High quality professional news and awesomeness!

And_Stuff wrote:

StardustGogeta wrote:

Why was I removed from the members list?
Inactivity. You can come back, if you want.

Zaneki wrote:

Hi! Sorry to interrupt! I was wondering if I could sign up as some sort of artist or graphic designer. c:
I know it's not one of the jobs that you're requesting at the moment (I can be a writer / editor, too, if you'd like me to. I've been taking honors English classes for the past three years now and I'm taking a Journalism class), but I just wanted to join a collab where I could contribute art regularly, but not be on a particularly constricting schedule. Is this alright, or would you rather keep things the way they've been?
It'd actually be good to have someone for art! You're hired. We could use a better overall layout, and we could also go well with some vector icons for articles.
I would like to come back. I always was checking the forums, but I never saw another article to edit.

“I am the man who will destroy you!” - Super Gogeta
Check out my math projects and arcade games!
My browser / operating system: Windows 10, Chrome 45.0.2454.85
Tierage
Scratcher
500+ posts

Firedrake969 wrote:

As I said, I can improve the transitions so they look cooler but don't lag.
Okay. Remix issue 22 when it comes out with an example.[
quote=StardustGogeta]

And_Stuff wrote:

StardustGogeta wrote:

Why was I removed from the members list?
Inactivity. You can come back, if you want.

Zaneki wrote:

Hi! Sorry to interrupt! I was wondering if I could sign up as some sort of artist or graphic designer. c:
I know it's not one of the jobs that you're requesting at the moment (I can be a writer / editor, too, if you'd like me to. I've been taking honors English classes for the past three years now and I'm taking a Journalism class), but I just wanted to join a collab where I could contribute art regularly, but not be on a particularly constricting schedule. Is this alright, or would you rather keep things the way they've been?
It'd actually be good to have someone for art! You're hired. We could use a better overall layout, and we could also go well with some vector icons for articles.
I would like to come back. I always was checking the forums, but I never saw another article to edit.
Okay. Re-added.

Zaneki
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I suppose I should fill this out, for formality's sake:

Example: More like examples. :P I have a small collection of styles, so here: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) sorry, that's probably way more than you needed, but I guess you need to know what I'm capable of and what you'd like me to draw

What does an Artist do: Creates art for articles, designs the layout for the paper, color-coordinates and basically makes things aesthetically pleasing

Time range of activity per day: ~5:00pm to ~11:00pm (Eastern US time)

What will you do for us: Make art! :P Including sig banners, if that's what you need.

Anything else: I can be called Zaneki or Zan. c:

Last edited by Zaneki (Sept. 4, 2013 02:24:35)

look a square
;
And_Stuff
Scratcher
100+ posts

Zaneki wrote:

Example: More like examples. :P I have a small collection of styles, so here: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) sorry, that's probably way more than you needed, but I guess you need to know what I'm capable of and what you'd like me to draw

What does an Artist do: Creates art for articles, designs the layout for the paper, color-coordinates and basically makes things aesthetically pleasing

What will you do for us: Make art! :P Including sig banners, if that's what you need.

Still accepted. Just don't draw vampires or Pokémon in the press.

Zaneki
Scratcher
1000+ posts

And_Stuff wrote:

Zaneki wrote:

Obviously not, those were just style examples

EDIT: So, uh… what elements of the layout do you want changed, specifically?

Last edited by Zaneki (Sept. 4, 2013 03:08:59)

look a square
;
spaceyJC
Scratcher
100+ posts

Sooo… Do I just ask for an advertisement? I'd love one of my projects to be advertised. Like this one: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/11319415/ or this one: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/11561350/ I don't care either one. I would REALLY appreciate it!!!

Try out my newest game! Click the image below:

Proud owner of the JC Times newspaper! Follow the links below to learn more:
Forum Thread / Studio / Latest Issue / Account
Tierage
Scratcher
500+ posts

Zaneki wrote:

And_Stuff wrote:

Zaneki wrote:

Obviously not, those were just style examples

EDIT: So, uh… what elements of the layout do you want changed, specifically?
Maybe make the paper less plain. For an example, the borders and placement is kinda dull.

cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I'm going to be kind of inactive, sorry. School and stuff. I'll write the odd artical though! I always read posts!
Zaneki
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Okay, I'm done! I didn't change the layout so much as changed the colors. Tell me if there's anything you want changed! c:

EDIT: The link's going to be invalid for a while, sorry. I forgot something; just give me a moment to change it. :P

EDIT 2: Okay, back up and working again!

Last edited by Zaneki (Sept. 4, 2013 21:10:31)

look a square
;
Tierage
Scratcher
500+ posts

for some reason zan reminds me of mewly

Zaneki
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tierage wrote:

Mewly's awesome, man. She and I are tight. :3

look a square
;
Tierage
Scratcher
500+ posts

Zaneki wrote:

Tierage wrote:

I think you are mewly

Zaneki
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tierage wrote:

Zaneki wrote:

Tierage wrote:

I think you are mewly
Heehee, really? X3
No, I'm not actually Mewly. I guess I can see why you'd think that: I mean, we like more or less the same things, and we kinda talk similar to each other… but nah. I'm a few years older than her, and a few thousand miles away. :P

EDIT: Alright, just saw the latest project regarding the name change, and I like it! (the new name, is what I mean)
But I'm going to need to change the layout to include the new name. Do you have a transparent version of the new “Scratchpress” logo? Otherwise, I'm probably going to have to make a new one… (although I'll do my best to make it close to the original)

Last edited by Zaneki (Sept. 7, 2013 06:15:24)

look a square
;
Tierage
Scratcher
500+ posts

Zaneki wrote:

Tierage wrote:

Zaneki wrote:

Tierage wrote:

I think you are mewly
Heehee, really? X3
No, I'm not actually Mewly. I guess I can see why you'd think that: I mean, we like more or less the same things, and we kinda talk similar to each other… but nah. I'm a few years older than her, and a few thousand miles away. :P

EDIT: Alright, just saw the latest project regarding the name change, and I like it! (the new name, is what I mean)
But I'm going to need to change the layout to include the new name. Do you have a transparent version of the new “Scratchpress” logo? Otherwise, I'm probably going to have to make a new one… (although I'll do my best to make it close to the original)
can you make a logo?

Zaneki
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tierage wrote:

can you make a logo?
Sure! Can you just give me a general idea of what it should look like (font, color, any gradients, any drop shadows, etc)?
Sorry for being so late to reply; I was cleaning my room (my room is a mess XP )

EDIT: I've already changed the colors on the rest of the elements, so I'm going to use my intuition and make the logo. Again, since it'll be a WIP project, just tell me if you don't like it and want something changed.

EDIT 2: Done! In my opinion, it's way better than 1.1.
I'll make a sig to go with it, just give me a few minutes.

EDIT 3: (Jesus, so many edits XP ) I finished the signature banner c:
I made it a bit short so that you could have other things in your sig:

[url=http://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/13466/][img]http://i42.tinypic.com/2ylv587.png[/img][/url]

Once again, tell me if there's anything you want changed!

Last edited by Zaneki (Sept. 7, 2013 20:53:15)

look a square
;
Zaneki
Scratcher
1000+ posts

(Bumping, because editing doesn't affect the thread's position on a page :P )

look a square
;
Tierage
Scratcher
500+ posts

Zaneki wrote:

(Bumping, because editing doesn't affect the thread's position on a page :P )
Nice logo! I think we can stick with that. I'm going to put that banner in the signature section, too!

Zaneki
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I saw the latest issue about needing authors, and I think I can help, just a little bit:

Reporter Application
Example sentence(s): Despite being limited to the minuscule scraps that reporters have been able to provide, Tierage has successfully managed the upkeep of the paper and continues to release issues daily.
What does a Reporter do: Finds / writes articles, and does research and interviews*
Show me some experience: …Isn't this the same as the example sentence? Anyway, I just started school, and I'm taking a Journalism class, which is very relevant
Time range of activity per day: Same as in my artist application: ~5:00pm to ~11:00pm (Eastern US time)
What will you write: Anything, really. I'm not very experienced with games, so it's probably best not to assign me with too many game reviews until I've read and analyzed other peoples' reviews so that I can get the feel of them. But otherwise, like I said, I'll write almost anything you need me to c:
Anything else: *I am really introverted and I'm quite scared of interviewing people :c But I promise I will do my best and I will interview whoever necessary. I just need you to explain some basic things, like interviewing etiquette and where it should be done, and things like that

look a square
;
And_Stuff
Scratcher
100+ posts

Zaneki wrote:

I saw the latest issue about needing authors, and I think I can help, just a little bit:

Reporter Application
Example sentence(s): Despite being limited to the minuscule scraps that reporters have been able to provide, Tierage has successfully managed the upkeep of the paper and continues to release issues daily.
What does a Reporter do: Finds / writes articles, and does research and interviews*
Show me some experience: …Isn't this the same as the example sentence? Anyway, I just started school, and I'm taking a Journalism class, which is very relevant
Time range of activity per day: Same as in my artist application: ~5:00pm to ~11:00pm (Eastern US time)
What will you write: Anything, really. I'm not very experienced with games, so it's probably best not to assign me with too many game reviews until I've read and analyzed other peoples' reviews so that I can get the feel of them. But otherwise, like I said, I'll write almost anything you need me to c:
Anything else: *I am really introverted and I'm quite scared of interviewing people :c But I promise I will do my best and I will interview whoever necessary. I just need you to explain some basic things, like interviewing etiquette and where it should be done, and things like that
Accepted. “Show me some experience” is to show your previous work. An example sentence is an example of what you can do.

• Discussion Forums
  • » Collaboration
  • » ScratchPress: ULTIMATE SCRATCHPAPER! Every Monday and Friday - High quality professional news and awesomeness! [RSS Feed]