Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Collaboration
  • » ScratchPress: ULTIMATE SCRATCHPAPER! Every Monday and Friday - High quality professional news and awesomeness! [RSS Feed]
Firedrake969
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ScratchPress: ULTIMATE SCRATCHPAPER! Every Monday and Friday - High quality professional news and awesomeness!

…Not another account. Isn't there any other way…

'17 rickoid

bf97b44a7fbd33db070f6ade2b7dc549
And_Stuff
Scratcher
100+ posts

ScratchPress: ULTIMATE SCRATCHPAPER! Every Monday and Friday - High quality professional news and awesomeness!

Firedrake969 wrote:

…Not another account. Isn't there any other way…
firedrake, I'll tell you the password to the and stuff account if you sign up on andstuff.x10.mx. tell me what your username is on there and I'll pm you through Tierage

And_Stuff
Scratcher
100+ posts

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/12036735/
issue 18 released literally the first minute of august 31st. yay dedication

Tierage27
Scratcher
100+ posts

I'm planning on adding a few easter eggs in some of the future issues so it's a bit more fun.

Here's a hint:

Q
And_Stuff
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bump.

Agg725
Scratcher
100+ posts

Nice to see another newspaper starting up! I was the editor in chief of a newspaper called the Scratch Times for a while, and I might start it back up again (but with a more original name ). If it doesn't work out with my paper I may sign up here for reporting and writing. I'll tell you when I know what is going to happen.

And_Stuff
Scratcher
100+ posts

Agg725 wrote:

Nice to see another newspaper starting up! I was the editor in chief of a newspaper called the Scratch Times for a while, and I might start it back up again (but with a more original name ). If it doesn't work out with my paper I may sign up here for reporting and writing. I'll tell you when I know what is going to happen.
Alright! This newspaper could use more authors/reporters, so feel free to join anytime! :]

Agg725
Scratcher
100+ posts

And_Stuff wrote:

Agg725 wrote:

Alright! This newspaper could use more authors/reporters, so feel free to join anytime! :]
Thanks! So here's the deal: I can't start up my paper until I set up my computer (right now I'm using my iPad) and get my parents to let me have Internet on it. That might take a while, so until then, I suppose I could help out with this paper.

Agg725
Scratcher
100+ posts

Author Application

Example sentences: Most of the articles in my newspaper, The Scratch Times, I have written.

Experience: I was the editor-in-chief of a newspaper called “The Scratch Times.” Then I worked with “The Scratch Chatter” as an author and reporter. My most recent experience was that I wrote my own newspaper, “The Warrior Chronicle” for my school last year.

Level of activity: I don't know if there's actually a number for this. I'm pretty active in the forums but can't do anything with Flash (yet). I have been gone a lot since 2.0 was launched, but I am back. I can't guarantee I'll be too active, since I have school, band, and sports, but I will be as active as possible.

What will I write: Honestly, I can write anything you want me to, but I will most likely be doing stuff in/about the forums until I get my computer set up.

Anything else: I think that was everything. If you need someone to do editing ever I suppose I could do it, but I'll mostly do writing and reporting.

Thank you!

And_Stuff
Scratcher
100+ posts

And_Stuff
Scratcher
100+ posts

Agg725 wrote:

Author Application

Example sentences: Most of the articles in my newspaper, The Scratch Times, I have written.

Experience: I was the editor-in-chief of a newspaper called “The Scratch Times.” Then I worked with “The Scratch Chatter” as an author and reporter. My most recent experience was that I wrote my own newspaper, “The Warrior Chronicle” for my school last year.

Level of activity: I don't know if there's actually a number for this. I'm pretty active in the forums but can't do anything with Flash (yet). I have been gone a lot since 2.0 was launched, but I am back. I can't guarantee I'll be too active, since I have school, band, and sports, but I will be as active as possible.

What will I write: Honestly, I can write anything you want me to, but I will most likely be doing stuff in/about the forums until I get my computer set up.

Anything else: I think that was everything. If you need someone to do editing ever I suppose I could do it, but I'll mostly do writing and reporting.

Thank you!

Accepted! I bet that you will be an awesome author/reporter! On Scripts Daily, we mainly focus on Scratch-related topics for about 98% of the time. Cheeseeater talks about investigations on situations, I (Tierage) do tips, game reviews, and news. Centrifugal also does investigations. What will you do? We're kinda in a desperate need for articles these days.

And_Stuff
Scratcher
100+ posts

Agg725
Scratcher
100+ posts

And_Stuff wrote:

Agg725 wrote:

Author Application

Thank you!

Accepted! I bet that you will be an awesome author/reporter! On Scripts Daily, we mainly focus on Scratch-related topics for about 98% of the time. Cheeseeater talks about investigations on situations, I (Tierage) do tips, game reviews, and news. Centrifugal also does investigations. What will you do? We're kinda in a desperate need for articles these days.

Thanks alot! One idea I had was to talk about things in Suggestions or Bugs and Glitches because that is what will affect everyone. I'll scan the forums for ideas.

And_Stuff
Scratcher
100+ posts

Agg725 wrote:

And_Stuff wrote:

Agg725 wrote:

Author Application

Thank you!

Thanks alot! One idea I had was to talk about things in Suggestions or Bugs and Glitches because that is what will affect everyone. I'll scan the forums for ideas.
Alright. See the original post for links to the reporter/author writing and editing thread.

Tierage
Scratcher
500+ posts

I've updated the topic title and the original post!

flatty800
New to Scratch
1 post

What about @ImMaximum ? He does scratch daily too. does he have his own one? just wondering.
And_Stuff
Scratcher
100+ posts

flatty800 wrote:

What about @ImMaximum ? He does scratch daily too. does he have his own one? just wondering.
Scratch Daily is in partnership with Scripts Daily. Before we knew about each other, we planned a name change, so that'll make it less confusing. I'm confused, myself.

Also, issue 21 released with no future issues prepared. http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/12106538/.

StardustGogeta
Scratcher
100+ posts

Why was I removed from the members list?

“I am the man who will destroy you!” - Super Gogeta
Check out my math projects and arcade games!
My browser / operating system: Windows 10, Chrome 45.0.2454.85
Zaneki
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hi! Sorry to interrupt! I was wondering if I could sign up as some sort of artist or graphic designer. c:
I know it's not one of the jobs that you're requesting at the moment (I can be a writer / editor, too, if you'd like me to. I've been taking honors English classes for the past three years now and I'm taking a Journalism class), but I just wanted to join a collab where I could contribute art regularly, but not be on a particularly constricting schedule. Is this alright, or would you rather keep things the way they've been?

look a square
;
And_Stuff
Scratcher
100+ posts

StardustGogeta wrote:

Why was I removed from the members list?
Inactivity. You can come back, if you want.

Zaneki wrote:

Hi! Sorry to interrupt! I was wondering if I could sign up as some sort of artist or graphic designer. c:
I know it's not one of the jobs that you're requesting at the moment (I can be a writer / editor, too, if you'd like me to. I've been taking honors English classes for the past three years now and I'm taking a Journalism class), but I just wanted to join a collab where I could contribute art regularly, but not be on a particularly constricting schedule. Is this alright, or would you rather keep things the way they've been?
It'd actually be good to have someone for art! You're hired. We could use a better overall layout, and we could also go well with some vector icons for articles.

• Discussion Forums
  • » Collaboration
  • » ScratchPress: ULTIMATE SCRATCHPAPER! Every Monday and Friday - High quality professional news and awesomeness! [RSS Feed]