Discuss Scratch

dudieof2006
Scratcher
7 posts

List of Helpful Topics for Scripting

leiabird wrote:

dudieof2006 wrote:

hello scratchers! I wanted to ask you for help. could you please tell me about “pen” blocks?

if you click the block help tool,it i'll tell all you need!
[say have a good day for[2] seconds}

when this sprite clicked
say [thanks a lot!]
go to x: (create) y: (create)
pokelover07
Scratcher
1 post

help me i can't get my sister's christmas present to work i am working on a game for her called keyblade kitty's quest i don't know how to make sounds my microphone won't work i keep doing the same noise because i like it boom boom check boom boom check checka checka boom boom check boom boom checka boom boom
dudieof2006
Scratcher
7 posts

pokelover07 wrote:

help me i can't get my sister's christmas present to work i am working on a game for her called keyblade kitty's quest i don't know how to make sounds my microphone won't work i keep doing the same noise because i like it boom boom check boom boom check checka checka boom boom check boom boom checka boom boom
when green flag clicked
say [visit www.myinstants.com find some sounds like: "* BOOM!" and "chica" download them, and cut the sound's needless part and put them in the right order.]
when green flag clicked
play sound [boom v]
play sound [boom v]
play sound [chica v]
play sound [boom v]
play sound [boom v]
play sound [chica v]
play sound [chica v]
play sound [boom v]
play sound [boom v]

Last edited by dudieof2006 (Dec. 19, 2016 13:29:21)

DQL003
New to Scratch
1 post

Hello! I'm a new Scratch user and I'm making a video game made from a Game & Watch game called ball (I renamed it Juggler). It seems as though I managed to make the game work. However, when I juggle, the ball just falls through my hand. I'll share you my project. Even if you can't figure out what is the problem, I appreciate your generosity and hope you can find someone that can help me. Warning: beginner's advises are not very useful as this game (from what I think) is for intermediate users or experts at Scratchy.Your text to link here…
dudieof2006
Scratcher
7 posts

DQL003 wrote:

Hello! I'm a new Scratch user and I'm making a video game made from a Game & Watch game called ball (I renamed it Juggler). It seems as though I managed to make the game work. However, when I juggle, the ball just falls through my hand. I'll share you my project. Even if you can't figure out what is the problem, I appreciate your generosity and hope you can find someone that can help me. Warning: beginner's advises are not very useful as this game (from what I think) is for intermediate users or experts at Scratchy.Your text to link here…
you know… if it's a bounce-ball game try this:
when green flag clicked
forever
if <touching [hand v] ?> then
turn cw (45) degrees
wait (1) secs
end
end
dudieof2006
Scratcher
7 posts

dudieof2006 wrote:

DQL003 wrote:

you know… if it's a bounce-ball game try this:
when green flag clicked
forever
if <touching [hand v] ?> then
turn cw (45) degrees
wait (1) secs
end
end
or look for a tutorial that can help you…
GOOD LUCK!
cwkanastasia5785
Scratcher
11 posts

you can record
dudieof2006
Scratcher
7 posts

cwkanastasia5785 wrote:

you can record
he said “my microfone doesn't work”
NatChu1
Scratcher
100+ posts

Paddle2See wrote:

hello12345678910 wrote:

Here are some helpful topics in scripting.
If you feel like there's something that should be here, but isn't, then suggest it.

Wiki Links

Scripting Tutorials
A nice little collection of scripting tutorials written by experienced scratchers
Drawing&Animation
A few tutorials on how to improve the look of your projects
_________________________________________________________________________________

Basic Topics

Jumping
Try to find a good platformer were you stay on the ground the whole time (you won't)
Curing the “Double click Green Flag” glitch
Fixing start-up problems with your project
__________________________________________________________________________________

More Advanced Topics

5 Easy Steps to Becoming a Better Programmer
Ways to improve your projects
Coding and Encoding for Cloud Variables
Sometimes you want to store more than numbers
A Guide on How To Make a Multiplayer Game
Play with your friends using Cloud Variables
Want to make 3D?
Various techniques to make projects in 3D!
Cloning tutorial
The basics of using cloning in your project
__________________________________________________________________________________

References

Scratch Wiki
The Wiki. simple as that
Scratch blocks Guide
Learn to use the forum-based Scratch blocks!

TheSupremeOverLord wrote:

Thats great! First post for the record!

Firedrake969 wrote:

And second.

mcpgirl wrote:

I have a question… I'm working on a game right now, and the main thing I'm using in the game is a list. But for some weird reason there is no block that says: replace this with that. It's: replace 1 with that. What if I don't want 1, what if I want something else. Is there anything I can do?
TYPE IN IT, PICK FROM DA PULL-DOWN MENU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by NatChu1 (Dec. 24, 2016 15:46:45)

I HAVE 15 FOLLOWERS
define (reporter) <boolean> (stack::stack) (C cap {}::loop cap) (hat::hat) (cap::custom-arg cap) [[string drop-down box v]::custom-arg] ((reporter pull-down menu v)::custom-arg)
e::events//events
c::control//control
s::sensing//sensing
o::operators//operators
mb/c::custom//more blocks/custom
pb::custom-arg//parameter block
m::motion//motion
l::looks//looks
s::sound//sound
p::pen//pen
v::variables//variables
l::list//list
t::grey//tips
r::#ff0000//red
o::#ff8000//orange
y::#ffff00//yellow
lg::#00ff00//light green
b::#0000ff//blue
lv::#bb00ff//light violet
b::#000000//black
w::#ffffff//white
g::#808080//gray
b::#804000//brown
hp::#ff00cc//hot pink
[scratchblocks]
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>::undefined>::#ff00cc>::#804000>::#808080>::#ffffff>::#000000>::#bb00ff>::#0000ff>::#00ff00>::#ffff00>::#ff8000>::#ff0000>::grey>::custom-arg>::custom>::operators>::sensing>::control>::events>::list>::variables>::pen>::sound>::looks>::motion>//COOLEST DIAMOND EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[scratchblocks]
((((((((((((((((((((((((((()::undefined)::#ff00cc)::#804000)::#808080)::#ffffff)::#000000)::#bb00ff)::#0000ff)::#00ff00)::#ffff00)::#ff8000)::#ff0000))::custom-arg)::custom)::operators)::sensing)::control)::events)::grey)::list)::variables)::pen)::sound)::looks)::motion)//COOLEST ELLIPSE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/scratchblocks]
[scratchblocks]
dab//COOL?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
cwkanastasia5785
Scratcher
11 posts

when green flag clicked
forever
play sound [im a big baby] until done
end

Last edited by cwkanastasia5785 (Dec. 26, 2016 16:35:10)

cwkanastasia5785
Scratcher
11 posts

or you can do
when green flag clicked
if <touching color [baby] ?> then
eat unlimited babies for the rest of your life
and that's all I know what you can do

Last edited by cwkanastasia5785 (Dec. 26, 2016 16:36:50)

cwkanastasia5785
Scratcher
11 posts

boo yaeiereisoiediwoeoyiywjebwgnbdjsyieiw7e

Last edited by cwkanastasia5785 (Dec. 26, 2016 16:39:01)

cwkanastasia5785
Scratcher
11 posts

cwkanastasia5785 wrote:

[

dudieof2006 wrote:

pokelover07 wrote:

you can get a sound from the internet
ironman_warmachine
Scratcher
500+ posts

when i start as clone won't work please help

The fruit wars rage on, until… I eat the pears and apples . Wait what????? No matter what anyone says I like minecraft. And I just realised… you couldn't trust me, so anyone but me
Wait what?

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/144794441 is unshared you will not get a sneak peak! Hey sheriff eat the food.

yeetus thy skeetus and leetus my geetus

ironman_warmachine
Scratcher
500+ posts

Can someone help i have 2 when i start as clone blocks and they won't work

The fruit wars rage on, until… I eat the pears and apples . Wait what????? No matter what anyone says I like minecraft. And I just realised… you couldn't trust me, so anyone but me
Wait what?

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/144794441 is unshared you will not get a sneak peak! Hey sheriff eat the food.

yeetus thy skeetus and leetus my geetus

cwkanastasia5785
Scratcher
11 posts

cwkanastasia5785 wrote:

cwkanastasia5785 wrote:

[

dudieof2006 wrote:

pokelover07 wrote:

help me i can't get my sister's christmas present to work i am working on a game for her called keyblade kitty's quest i don't know how to make sounds my microphone won't work i keep doing the same noise because i like it boom boom check boom boom check checka checka boom boom chick boom boom checka boom boom
[scratchblo you need to poo
cwkanastasia5785
Scratcher
11 posts

when green flag clicked
stop all sounds
play drum ( v) for (0.25) beats
rest for () beats
play note ( v) for (0.5) beats
if <> then
forever
(answer)
forever
if <> then
if <> then
if <> then
if <> then
if <> then
if <> then
if <> then
stop all sounds

else

end

else

end
end
end
end
end
end
end
end
end
sebpai
Scratcher
1 post

Can Someone Help Me Debug My Game? The bug I want to be fixed is that whenever I start a new round on my pod racing game, I start losing lives. please reply to this post, and I will google drive the sb2 to you. I'll give you credit once the game's out in december (when I plan it to be released)

Thanks

Martin from Sebpai Games!
happy_Catt
Scratcher
14 posts

Do you know how to make a platformer script?

No signature currently stored in profile.
ComputerGames4U
Scratcher
100+ posts

I know this is unnecessary to this topic but, how much does an XX09065 scotish plastic £5 note sell for. I have one myself, it is rarer than an AK47.