TheMatrixKid
Scratcher
100+ posts

Computer Viruses

Jonathan50 wrote:

IgDegOo wrote:

what does this have to do with malware?
Lol they probably meant to post here

ASDSADHFASDHGFSADHFASHDGFHGAFSDGHFASDHGFASHGDFHGSAFD(anger and/or embarrasment intensifies)

Sorry.

I'm a CDR! Born under CONSes!
TheMatrixKid
Scratcher
100+ posts

Computer Viruses

While this isn't malware related, I'm sure someone here will laugh from this.

I made a computer out of the spare parts we have at home.

That gives me 2gb RAM, a Pentium E5700 and a GeForce 210.

Also known as what goes into your Mac Pro. <– Ignore that.

It crashes every so often (once every half hour to two hours). Cursor moves, but everything else is frozen.

I have to turn the supply off, and on, then jump the motherboard connector since I don't have a case other than a milkcrate.

Hans5958
Scratcher
100+ posts

Computer Viruses

TheMatrixKid wrote:

It crashes every so often (once every half hour to two hours). Cursor moves, but everything else is frozen.

I have to turn the supply off, and on, then jump the motherboard connector since I don't have a case other than a milkcrate.
Will you buy more parts?

(dank #offtopic hashtag)

Last edited by Hans5958 (Aug. 10, 2016 10:11:05)

Just an ordinary Scratcher who makes projects and surfs the forums.
Main accountAlternative accountMain account projectsAlternative account projectsMain website (GitHub) • 398 posts as of 20 June 2021

Google for my posts: ZjpZ867tgFSohdGEMaeyXSvAQSyXk5Ew • Google users, please click this link to see the full post.
Lighteningtail
Scratcher
31 posts

Computer Viruses

360 is coming
TheMatrixKid
Scratcher
100+ posts

Computer Viruses

Hans5958 wrote:

TheMatrixKid wrote:

Will you buy more parts?

(dank #offtopic hashtag)

Possibly. For now I'll work on my normal computer. The parts work as a good thin client though.

Wyldwulf
New Scratcher
1 post

Computer Viruses

Conficker anyone? or is it the best virus I've seen other than cryptolocker and CIH
FakeOS
Scratcher
100+ posts

Computer Viruses

TheMatrixKid wrote:

Hans5958 wrote:

TheMatrixKid wrote:

Will you buy more parts?

(dank #offtopic hashtag)

Possibly. For now I'll work on my normal computer. The parts work as a good thin client though.

That's actually pretty good specs for a computer if you just want to surf the web and play old games (it might even run GTA San Andreas! Maybe GTA 4!) what OS and how big is the hard drive? I'm gonna guess…windows XP (at least came with system ) and 160GB?

Creator of the NeutrOS line of OS's - the fourth generation of OS.
comment “Hey dev!” on my profile if you see this!
SC_DStwo_Master
Scratcher
100+ posts

Computer Viruses

FakeOS wrote:

TheMatrixKid wrote:

Hans5958 wrote:

TheMatrixKid wrote:

Will you buy more parts?

(dank #offtopic hashtag)

That's actually pretty good specs for a computer if you just want to surf the web and play old games (it might even run GTA San Andreas! Maybe GTA 4!) what OS and how big is the hard drive? I'm gonna guess…windows XP (at least came with system ) and 160GB?
I doubt it will run gta 4
Tymewalk
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Computer Viruses

One time, this happened. Not exactly but the general idea was the same.

*Talking with people. Let's call them A and B*
A: Hey guys check this site out (link)
Me: I hear it's got viruses
A: LOL really?
Me: Yeah.
B: OK, I'll look at it.
*time passes and they use the site*
*meanwhile I check Google's Safe Browsing status. Nothing pops up so I consider going to it*
B: AUGH I HAVE POP-UP ADS NOW
B: A, WHAT DID YOU DO
*now glad I didn't*
A: idk
B: THIS DIDN'T HAPPEN BEFORE

B fixed the problem later and everything was fine. They definitely didn't go back to that or anything like it ever again though.

And part of me inside felt like a boss for not getting viruses.

Still, there's lessons here:
- Check sites before going to them
- Google's site checker isn't always accurate
- Be prepared to torch your browser data

bold thing - italic thing - underlined thing - strikethrough thing
FakeOS
Scratcher
100+ posts

Computer Viruses

SC_DStwo_Master wrote:

FakeOS wrote:

TheMatrixKid wrote:

Hans5958 wrote:

TheMatrixKid wrote:

Will you buy more parts?

(dank #offtopic hashtag)

That's actually pretty good specs for a computer if you just want to surf the web and play old games (it might even run GTA San Andreas! Maybe GTA 4!) what OS and how big is the hard drive? I'm gonna guess…windows XP (at least came with system ) and 160GB?aero
I doubt it will run gta 4
Well the prose or is a dual core @ 3ghz on Intel.com so I think it should be ok, sounds like I well spiced computer for 2009 . Not too sure on the graphics card but it can definitely give you aero theme on windows 7 which is worth something. Maybe someone should try it out?

comp09
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Computer Viruses

FakeOS wrote:

sounds like I well spiced computer for 2009

Visit the website of Andrew Sun!

TheMatrixKid
Scratcher
100+ posts

Computer Viruses

FakeOS wrote:

TheMatrixKid wrote:

Hans5958 wrote:

TheMatrixKid wrote:

Will you buy more parts?

(dank #offtopic hashtag)

OS? Dualbooted Win7 and Ubuntu 14.04 with my custom Xsession:

Not bad for a Pentium huh?

500gb hard drive here, but really I can only use 200gb cause I hate using NTFS in Linux with a passion and I already ate the other 300gb with stuff.

Hans5958
Scratcher
100+ posts

Computer Viruses

Wyldwulf wrote:

Conficker anyone? or is it the best virus I've seen other than cryptolocker and CIH
Conficker is an old thing.

Main accountAlternative accountMain account projectsAlternative account projectsMain website (GitHub) • 398 posts as of 20 June 2021

Google for my posts: ZjpZ867tgFSohdGEMaeyXSvAQSyXk5Ew • Google users, please click this link to see the full post.
algmwc5
Scratcher
100+ posts

Computer Viruses

When i installed Windows 8.1, somehow the files Crysis.rtf returns back (even though the C: drive has been formatted)
Is this a virus?

Hans5958
Scratcher
100+ posts

Computer Viruses

algmwc5 wrote:

When i installed Windows 8.1, somehow the files Crysis.rtf returns back (even though the C: drive has been formatted)
Is this a virus?
Maybe that's the part of the OS? or your CD is infected? or a stubborn virus?

dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Computer Viruses

algmwc5 wrote:

When I installed Windows 8.1, somehow the files Crysis.rtf returns back (even though the C: drive has been formatted)
Is this a virus?
An RTF is an enhanced text file. It is probably part of Windows, if it came back when you installed Windows 8.1.

Last edited by dude341 (Aug. 25, 2016 11:09:41)

Placeholder
algmwc5
Scratcher
100+ posts

Computer Viruses

dude341 wrote:

algmwc5 wrote:

When I installed Windows 8.1, somehow the files Crysis.rtf returns back (even though the C: drive has been formatted)
Is this a virus?
An RTF is an enhanced text file. It is probably part of Windows, if it came back when you installed Windows 8.1.
But it can't make heads nor tails out of it, because the contents of the file is Russian! And i don't have Crysis either!

dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Computer Viruses

algmwc5 wrote:

dude341 wrote:

algmwc5 wrote:

Is this a virus?
But it can't make heads nor tails out of it, because the contents of the file is Russian! And i don't have Crysis either!
It could possibly be a language file.

Placeholder
FakeOS
Scratcher
100+ posts

Computer Viruses

comp09 wrote:

FakeOS wrote:

sounds like I well spiced computer for 2009

jet lag and spell check are a horrible combination arent they?

FakeOS
Scratcher
100+ posts

Computer Viruses

TheMatrixKid wrote:

FakeOS wrote:

TheMatrixKid wrote:

Hans5958 wrote:

TheMatrixKid wrote:

Will you buy more parts?

(dank #offtopic hashtag)

OS? Dualbooted Win7 and Ubuntu 14.04 with my custom Xsession:

Not bad for a Pentium huh?

500gb hard drive here, but really I can only use 200gb cause I hate using NTFS in Linux with a passion and I already ate the other 300gb with stuff.
thats pretty good, my main qwindows PC has a core 2 quad and a radeon 7600 And it can run most games

Whats is so bad about NTFS on Linux? imma linux n00b. i should probably learn more abut it…