Scratcher
1000+ posts

Computer Viruses

Carpit999 wrote:

comp09 wrote:

Carpit999 wrote:

dude341 wrote:

opic23 wrote:

I recently accidently got mackeeper. i uninstalled it, but i think theres still leftovers. example: it set my default search engine to a weird mock of yahoo.com, and i changed my search engine back to google in the preferences. but when i came back, it was still that weird yahoo! can anyone tell me the reason?
Again, Yahoo! is safe, but if Mackeeper is changing it to a fake version then try to look up how to remove Mackeeper.
Put Mackeeper in the trash, remove other stuff, then empty trash. And switch back to google.
MacKeeper might leave stuff in other places.
Reverse/delete the other stuff, too
The question is “where is the other stuff?” I've already answered it…

(also, trashing the app does not delete the other stuff.)

Visit the website of Andrew Sun!

__init__
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Computer Viruses

comp09 wrote:

Carpit999 wrote:

comp09 wrote:

Carpit999 wrote:

dude341 wrote:

opic23 wrote:

I recently accidently got mackeeper. i uninstalled it, but i think theres still leftovers. example: it set my default search engine to a weird mock of yahoo.com, and i changed my search engine back to google in the preferences. but when i came back, it was still that weird yahoo! can anyone tell me the reason?
Again, Yahoo! is safe, but if Mackeeper is changing it to a fake version then try to look up how to remove Mackeeper.
Put Mackeeper in the trash, remove other stuff, then empty trash. And switch back to google.

If Malwarebytes supports Mac, get it. It's good for that sort of stuff.
(although turn off real-time protection as it kills your computer)

thisandagain pls explain
Carpit999
Scratcher
100+ posts

Computer Viruses

comp09 wrote:

Carpit999 wrote:

comp09 wrote:

Carpit999 wrote:

dude341 wrote:

opic23 wrote:

I said, delete or reverse the leftovers.

((((((((([O*O v]::motion ring)::looks ring)::pen ring)::list ring)::control ring)::sensing ring)::operators ring)::grey ring)::extension)// This is Starry. He likes Carrots and Java. He protects my siggy from evil kumquats.
Your stuff My account Your messages If I helped you, tell me Here.
Carpit999
Scratcher
100+ posts

Computer Viruses

Jonathan50 wrote:

And Norton kept opening popups with rubbish like “Your computer could turn in a zombie possessed by hackers!!1!”

EDIT: Like this: https://dn3pm25xmtlyu.cloudfront.net/photos/large/142229940.png?1281239853&Expires=1465687390&Signature=h~aczS3BsE0Lhcf91FJDJZNEc3VdkyjmFFsTOi59tvsgPM0gGP1BneExqvMa5N7DEDsvOPRhBJPznxvXljJPZR~gPVDXYc-7rRoNNGBWCvKVwqizZTFqFTMqkwAXsCBftnfxFH5zhRhJt6DMRHV7-bk6bEpMvGeRMILtBelTV8c_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA
Don't trust Norton. It is the equivalent of Mackeeper.

((((((((([O*O v]::motion ring)::looks ring)::pen ring)::list ring)::control ring)::sensing ring)::operators ring)::grey ring)::extension)// This is Starry. He likes Carrots and Java. He protects my siggy from evil kumquats.
Znapi
Scratcher
500+ posts

Computer Viruses

Carpit999 wrote:

Jonathan50 wrote:

And Norton kept opening popups with rubbish like “Your computer could turn in a zombie possessed by hackers!!1!”

EDIT: Like this: https://dn3pm25xmtlyu.cloudfront.net/photos/large/142229940.png?1281239853&Expires=1465687390&Signature=h~aczS3BsE0Lhcf91FJDJZNEc3VdkyjmFFsTOi59tvsgPM0gGP1BneExqvMa5N7DEDsvOPRhBJPznxvXljJPZR~gPVDXYc-7rRoNNGBWCvKVwqizZTFqFTMqkwAXsCBftnfxFH5zhRhJt6DMRHV7-bk6bEpMvGeRMILtBelTV8c_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA
Why does Norton have such a bad rep? Are you sure that popup was from Norton? I've had Norton on my computers for as long as I can remember, and I've never had any problems with it.
Carpit999
Scratcher
100+ posts

Computer Viruses

Znapi wrote:

Carpit999 wrote:

Jonathan50 wrote:

Why does Norton have such a bad rep? Are you sure that popup was from Norton? I've had Norton on my computers for as long as I can remember, and I've never had any problems with it.
Yes, it said Norton at the top.

felixmario323
Scratcher
32 posts

Computer Viruses

when I was like 4 years old my family computer got a virus! the virus made it so whenever someone went to a website some random pop up website would pop up and we would have to close it…it was pretty annoying until my family fixed it (or it went away I dont remember)

Geometrologic
Scratcher
15 posts

Computer Viruses

opic23 wrote:

comp09 wrote:

Carpit999 wrote:

dude341 wrote:

opic23 wrote:

yeah. how do i get rid of the crumbs? the crumbs/leftovers is whats causing it.
Try going into Change or remove a program
I think it would be stupid to just put it in the recycling bin,
NOTE: Some programs know when you are trying to remove them, so they won't let you.
comp09
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Computer Viruses

Geometrologic wrote:

opic23 wrote:

comp09 wrote:

Carpit999 wrote:

dude341 wrote:

opic23 wrote:

yeah. how do i get rid of the crumbs? the crumbs/leftovers is whats causing it.
Try going into Change or remove a program
I think it would be stupid to just put it in the recycling bin,
NOTE: Some programs know when you are trying to remove them, so they won't let you.
OS X does not have programs installed like that. Ideally, programs on OS X should be within self-contained .app folders, but some, like MacKeeper, install their components everywhere.

I already posted a link to help you remove MacKeeper: http://www.macworld.com/article/2861435/software-utilities/how-to-uninstall-mackeeper-from-your-mac.html (warning: autoplaying audio/video)

StarscreamClone
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Computer Viruses

Curious, is it worth it to have ClamTK on my Ubuntu machines?

Somewhere in my 20s | He/It
Workin' on my degree in computer science and cognitive science, and the future president of 2036!

Surge is my imaginary husband - he's the guy in my icon!
CDrive
Scratcher
2 posts

Computer Viruses

OK. You did hear of a zip bomb, and guess what? I have it on my hard disk. 120GB Samsung drive, and I will NOT (but can at school) execute it. It is the 42KB to 4PB zip. I got close by compressing 400MB into 1MB, and wound out with over 400 files, due to it splitting it.
Carpit999
Scratcher
100+ posts

Computer Viruses

Well pretty much everyone knows that mac used to be virus free, so it was the best computer ever existing, until more viruses that could surpass the super powerful Mac “VirusWall”(?) were ejected by idiots. RIP virus-free Mac.

Carpit999
Scratcher
100+ posts

Computer Viruses

StarscreamClone wrote:

Don't ask me, I don't have Ubuntu (And I hate it worse than Windows 8 ).
I could look it up, hang on…

Carpit999
Scratcher
100+ posts

Computer Viruses

Carpit999 wrote:

StarscreamClone wrote:

Well… Ummm… It has a 4.8/5 rating…
No
//comment
Get it? No? Ok

Carpit999
Scratcher
100+ posts

Computer Viruses

Carpit999 wrote:

Carpit999 wrote:

StarscreamClone wrote:

Well… Ummm… It has a 4.8/5 rating…
No
//comment
Get it? No? Ok
Wait, it has a bunch of diferrent ratings (Jesus I can't type) everywhere…
- 4.8 on sourceforge.net
- 3.5 on apps.ubuntu.com
- 4.5 on another rating thing on apps.ubuntu.com
That's all I can find.
It's about a 4.25 average.

comp09
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Computer Viruses

Carpit999 wrote:

Well pretty much everyone knows that mac used to be virus free, so it was the best computer ever existing, until more viruses that could surpass the super powerful Mac “VirusWall”(?) were ejected by idiots. RIP virus-free Mac.
wat?

Carpit999
Scratcher
100+ posts

Computer Viruses

comp09 wrote:

Carpit999 wrote:

wat?
What? what don't you understand?

TheMatrixKid
Scratcher
100+ posts

Computer Viruses

Carpit999 wrote:

the best computer ever existing

Stallman (and me) would like to interject for a moment. (Link removed!)

Last edited by TheMatrixKid (June 24, 2016 02:07:51)

I'm a CDR! Born under CONSes!
Jonathan50
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Computer Viruses

Carpit999 wrote:

comp09 wrote:

Carpit999 wrote:

wat?
What? what don't you understand?
Macs where never virus free, it's just malware for OS X is less common. Plus modern Macs come with malware preinstalled (See the above post ^^)

Last edited by Jonathan50 (June 23, 2016 07:56:55)

Not yet a Knight of the Mu Calculus.
Jonathan50
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Computer Viruses

xDDD Apple teaches it's staff basic life skills. “Stroking chin” “Boredom” “Frustration” “Cooperation” “Suspicion and Secretiveness”

EDIT: It says “do not use … bug … use … condition, issue, situation” That's evil

Last edited by Jonathan50 (June 24, 2016 02:41:00)

Not yet a Knight of the Mu Calculus.