Discuss Scratch

PrincessPanda_test_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Computer Viruses

IN 2013, when I didn't know how to capture the screen in Windows, I installed a third-party screen capture program and later, selected “auto-screen capture”. It caused the program to repeatedly screenshot and fill up the Desktop. I considered that a virus, although the I could have easily stopped it with Task Manager.

edward789121test
New to Scratch
93 posts

Computer Viruses

nathanprocks wrote:

Ok done. This isn't a virus. When clicked, a cmd window will flash and disappear. What it does is creates a vbs file which runs the batch file hidden with the first parameter set to “1” so that the batch script knows that it is hidden and goes to the label “:label_end” to close the cmd window. If this works, it will create a file called readme.txt with the contents “it works!” and pauses. If you open Task Manager you will notice the script is still running in the background.
@ECHO OFF
set temp=%~sf0
if NOT "%1"=="1" (
:CreateObject("Wscript.Shell").Run "%temp% 1",0,False
findstr "^:" "%~sf0" | findstr /i /v ":label">temp.vbs & cscript //nologo temp.vbs & del temp.vbs
goto label_end
)

rem your script goes here
echo it works! > readme.txt
pause

:label_end

EDIT: Please make all your labels start with “label” so the script doesn't try to run the label name as vbscript. I found the script to embed vbscript in batch here
That is not a virus
And in Python you can just make a program by doing
exit()
shinytama432
Scratcher
100+ posts

Computer Viruses

remember youareaidiot.org

Teanaway
Scratcher
500+ posts

Computer Viruses

shinytama432 wrote:

Yeah, i saw a video about how horrible it used to be.

ok

Would you like to listen to a good YTPMV/MASHUP made by me?
If so, click on me! You won't regret it!
(sorry… i forgot how to do image links ): )
(Could somebody tell me how?)

Yep, i did something. I call him…well… “Funny dino and martin”. Hes actually a guy, if you couldn't tell. d:
AZcat2
Scratcher
19 posts

Computer Viruses

felixmario323 wrote:

Savio-5002 wrote:

Epicness123 wrote:

3DSfan12345 wrote:

ImagineIt wrote:

3DSfan12345 wrote:

I wanted to make a virus to get even with this person in my class. He hacked my YouTube account. I then thought about making a virus that deletes files, then brings up an error that says “TROGDOR HAS BURNINATED YOUR COMPUTER.” He said that he'd sue me, though, and he doesn't have a computer. (He does have an iPad, though.)
If he sues you then sue him back. :3

And iPads CAN get viruses. It just takes more work. :3
His iPad isn't jailbroken as far as I know, so it can't get viruses.

I didn't even know iPads could get viruses -_-

Once I got the fake FBI scam virus on windows vista.
My parents somehow deleted it by going into Safe Mode.

Then they said "You know what? McAfee is not protecting our computer.
1 hour later,then uninstalled McAfee and replaced it with Norton 360
I wrote this on a Windows Vista that used to have McAfee, but now has Norton Antivirus Online.
Norton cleans out quite a bit of space
define delete
repeat until <in recycle bin>
move (1) steps
end
say ['Wait! No, that's not right. I'm supposed to open up a Command Prompt and delete everything in System32!]
i have McAffree on my computer and its kinda not doing its job well.
McAfree should just be free
we got a virus that deleted: nearly all of my online (and offline) game progress, paint.net, and a few files. wasn't too bad, but still..
moonyandkirby
Scratcher
100+ posts

Computer Viruses

Anyone ever seen or heard of those fake adobe flash downloaders?

Axo-Tak
Scratcher
3 posts

Computer Viruses

Hihi

DOS/Win9x era viruses actually had creative payloads, such as the Girls, CMOS-Dead, etc; then you have insane stuff like CIH, which bricks the BIOS BootROM, resulting in an unbootable computer. Not sure if you could even scrap capacitors/resistors/etc. from stuff like that unless you had Surface Mount Device desoldering knowledge.

Nowadays you have fully undetectable stuff that slows your computer down to a grinding halt. That's the payload. Probably does shady stuff such as cryptocurrency mining too.
Pancakesxp
Scratcher
500+ posts

Computer Viruses

moonyandkirby wrote:

Anyone ever seen or heard of those fake adobe flash downloaders?

Likely one of them is from Softtonic.

wow
Hans5958
Scratcher
100+ posts

Computer Viruses

Teanaway wrote:

shinytama432 wrote:

Yeah, i saw a video about how horrible it used to be.
“You are an idiot, ha x13”
You close a window, you likely to lose.

Axo-Tak wrote:

Hihi

DOS/Win9x era viruses actually had creative payloads, such as the Girls, CMOS-Dead, etc; then you have insane stuff like CIH, which bricks the BIOS BootROM, resulting in an unbootable computer. Not sure if you could even scrap capacitors/resistors/etc. from stuff like that unless you had Surface Mount Device desoldering knowledge.

Nowadays you have fully undetectable stuff that slows your computer down to a grinding halt. That's the payload. Probably does shady stuff such as cryptocurrency mining too.
Dude, are you watching dancoot1?

Last edited by Hans5958 (July 26, 2016 13:52:08)

Just an ordinary Scratcher who makes projects and surfs the forums.
Main accountAlternative accountMain account projectsAlternative account projectsMain website (GitHub) • 398 posts as of 20 June 2021

Google for my posts: ZjpZ867tgFSohdGEMaeyXSvAQSyXk5Ew • Google users, please click this link to see the full post.
LionScratch
Scratcher
500+ posts

Computer Viruses

Softonic free downloads FTW

jk

ghost towns
Pancakesxp
Scratcher
500+ posts

Computer Viruses

LionScratch wrote:

jk

I had a friend at camp who downloaded something off it.

He then warned me that when I get FireAlpaca, to never get it off Softonic. Or really anything off Softonic in general.

wow
Pancakesxp
Scratcher
500+ posts

Computer Viruses

Teanaway wrote:

Hans5958 wrote:

SweetieBelleDerelle wrote:

Never forget Bonzai Buddy. ;_;7
It's BonziBuddy.
Yeah– Wait, Bonzi buddy is explicitly a virus?
Spyware or Malware to be exact.

wow
LionScratch
Scratcher
500+ posts

Computer Viruses

Pancakesxp wrote:

LionScratch wrote:

jk

I had a friend at camp who downloaded something off it.

He then warned me that when I get FireAlpaca, to never get it off Softonic. Or really anything off Softonic in general.
Yeah. First rule of interneting

ghost towns
Hans5958
Scratcher
100+ posts

Computer Viruses

#bump

(removed by moderator - please make sure your links are appropriate for all Scratchers)

Last edited by Paddle2See (Aug. 3, 2016 23:12:53)

Main accountAlternative accountMain account projectsAlternative account projectsMain website (GitHub) • 398 posts as of 20 June 2021

Google for my posts: ZjpZ867tgFSohdGEMaeyXSvAQSyXk5Ew • Google users, please click this link to see the full post.
BrutefromAmnesia
Scratcher
60 posts

Computer Viruses

One time, I was playing on the computer, and then I wanted to download this screensaver. So I did, and the next day later, the computer froze with no way to get it out of this frozen mode. Luckily, we were able to remove the virus and the computer is back to normal. Yay!

My signature is protected by TrollMemes Signature Protection. Buy yours for only $10,000,000,000,000,000,000 dollars today!
when green flag clicked
forever
say [Trolololololol] for (10) secs
end
Hans5958
Scratcher
100+ posts

Computer Viruses

bump?

(removed by moderator - please make sure your links are appropriate for all Scratchers)

BrutefromAmnesia wrote:

One time, I was playing on the computer, and then I wanted to download this screensaver. So I did, and the next day later, the computer froze with no way to get it out of this frozen mode. Luckily, we were able to remove the virus and the computer is back to normal. Yay!

Screensavers…
Hope you learn a lesson from there.

Last edited by Paddle2See (Aug. 5, 2016 00:18:57)

Hans5958
Scratcher
100+ posts

Computer Viruses

#bump?

(I won't stick another video again, they will just deleted by the mods)

Last edited by Hans5958 (Aug. 5, 2016 13:14:36)

TheMatrixKid
Scratcher
100+ posts

Computer Viruses

edit:

I am bad at computers and I posted in the wrong thread.

huge facepalm

Last edited by TheMatrixKid (Aug. 8, 2016 06:01:25)

I'm a CDR! Born under CONSes!
IgDegOo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Computer Viruses

TheMatrixKid wrote:

My MATE/Compiz desktop.

Arc GTK theme, Vivacious Colo(u)rs icon theme.

Ah, the desktop cube.
what does this have to do with malware?
Jonathan50
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Computer Viruses

IgDegOo wrote:

what does this have to do with malware?
Lol they probably meant to post here

Not yet a Knight of the Mu Calculus.