Discuss Scratch

mybearworld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Color Consistiencies in Accessibility Update List

cheddargirl wrote:

(#148)

p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p- wrote:

Additionally, I muted myself on 2.0 pages and the contrast is sufficient there, dark red to white seems reasonable.
Does it have any purple links? The purple-on-red is what we're concerned about because purple-on-red is not high contrast.
I think scratchr2 messages are more generic - in my testing, I've never gotten anything else other than the blow and the text art message.

Signatures are the only place where assets links still work.
p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheddargirl wrote:

I activated my mystical mod powers and reset your mute time. Don't stress yourself testing it if you can't find it.
Lol thanks. The problem is last time I tried finding unique mutes I actually got permanently banned (I appealed it though). I assume that a human moderator looks through certain mutes to see if that person needs to be banned, and so if I say like “pls no ban me st this is a test and I'll delete it right after” will that not ban me? Or do you think I'll still get banned? I've just been using Automodmute because I know I can't get in trouble with that.

New!
p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

mybearworld wrote:

I think scratchr2 messages are more generic - in my testing, I've never gotten anything else other than the blow and the text art message.

I know something that I believe gives a unique message but it is uhhh very unkind and got me banned for literally just testing it, the message didn't even post and I still got banned for it

New!
mybearworld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

(#163)

mybearworld wrote:

I know something that I believe gives a unique message but it is uhhh very unkind and got me banned for literally just testing it, the message didn't even post and I still got banned for it
I got alerts for two messages I made that were both on the same topic that I thought would have unique messages too, so I guess I really should stop testing this

Signatures are the only place where assets links still work.
FairytaleFriend
Scratcher
4 posts

The maintenance page is still blue. I can't take screenshots, so heres the link https://scratch.mit.edu/cdn/maintenance.html
cheddargirl
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

cheddargirl wrote:

I activated my mystical mod powers and reset your mute time. Don't stress yourself testing it if you can't find it.
Lol thanks. The problem is last time I tried finding unique mutes I actually got permanently banned (I appealed it though). I assume that a human moderator looks through certain mutes to see if that person needs to be banned, and so if I say like “pls no ban me st this is a test and I'll delete it right after” will that not ban me? Or do you think I'll still get banned? I've just been using Automodmute because I know I can't get in trouble with that.

It's situational; for mods in particular, they have had people who've said something along the lines of “pls no ban me st this is a test” where “test” meant “ban speedrun” or “backpedaling”, and when we have no signifiers (like in this case where I knew what was going on more or less in forum time) it can get confusing real fast and the hammer comes down as a precaution. In any case, I'd rather have color consistency reported naturally than people going nuts muting themselves to find it because mutes do send out a ticket to mods, and it's best not to clog the list of mod tickets with test stuff.

Sadly, my forum signature was eaten by an evil kumquat.
k7e
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I found a blue link on a (still used) page:

@mythoslore was so much more obvious than @spookily
supernavo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Project crashes are blue

Workaround: griffpatch
when gf clicked
forever {
crush downwards::grey cap
when gf clicked
}@loopArrow::control cap

when gf clicked
crush inwards{
when gf clicked
}::grey cap

when @greenFlag cli‎cked
move (10) steps
I'm the dumb suggestions guy. Remember run blocks on blocks?
This signature has been restored from a backup.
(Note to self, if you ever lose the submit button, make your own!)
mumu245
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Some of these, such as the loading screens and the light backgrounds, are intentional AFAIK. Contrast isn't affected there anyways, and blue looks much more calming for them.

Last edited by mumu245 (Aug. 20, 2023 12:01:11)

select this text then press Ctrl+Shift+Down to read more
QueenKyttySparkle
Scratcher
100+ posts

medians wrote:

-snip-

We meet again…

Also bump..

Also could scratch please update the 2.0 pages? I still like 2.0 but the inconsistency is annoying.

My browser: Chrome (No flash version & Always updated) My os: Windows 11. My timezone: BST/GMT (London)
Scratch | Studio

Hello! Want to see more? Then select this text, hold shift and press the down arrow!

Welcome to my signature!!

Dang, 100 posts!

Unofficial forum helper.

Stop having a go at me for making a duplicate topic, letting me know is fine but don't blame me. I can't take it :(

Heads up, I love writing essays on my opinions.

Well more like heads down.. cause it's below the actual post..
Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

edit:

credits page lookin' a lil weirdly shaded, don't'cha think?

Last edited by Zydrolic (Aug. 28, 2023 20:01:30)

Suggestions
SDS Helper reqs should be upped - Show/hide via context menu - Revise “ask the community” - Browser not supported - Empty comment contrast
Other
a bit of trolling (i asked before putting it here) - tamaNOTchi
- This account's usage is irregular

stop posting about kumquats, im tired of seeing it, my friend comments saying “oh hey your post was eaten by a kumquat” STOP a kumquat is freaking fruit just eat it utp ojtishglkmkjhgaoeimrlV,5KU9MOIL3K5GP,Ő AHTAHGTARET SOTP positing ABJTOUT IT (parody & sarcasm)

bad joke:

Most of this is now going to become a meme storage.

thank you ajskateboarder

This dialouge box has more than one sentence to say!

-ElectronicArts-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Zydrolic wrote:

bump

edit:

credits page lookin' a lil weirdly shaded, don't'cha think?
I don't think st will change the tint color.

Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-ElectronicArts- wrote:

I don't think st will change the tint color.
fair

Suggestions
SDS Helper reqs should be upped - Show/hide via context menu - Revise “ask the community” - Browser not supported - Empty comment contrast
Other
a bit of trolling (i asked before putting it here) - tamaNOTchi
- This account's usage is irregular

stop posting about kumquats, im tired of seeing it, my friend comments saying “oh hey your post was eaten by a kumquat” STOP a kumquat is freaking fruit just eat it utp ojtishglkmkjhgaoeimrlV,5KU9MOIL3K5GP,Ő AHTAHGTARET SOTP positing ABJTOUT IT (parody & sarcasm)

bad joke:

Most of this is now going to become a meme storage.

thank you ajskateboarder

This dialouge box has more than one sentence to say!

FairytaleFriend
Scratcher
4 posts

Um, i found a glitch in studios. The message is orange instead of the new red purple and green. I'm not sure how to add an image here, but i managed to link it: https://uploads.scratch.mit.edu/get_image/project/852228880_100x80.png

Edit: This happens with managers and curators too. The page reloaded before I got get a screenshot, sorry

Last edited by FairytaleFriend (Aug. 31, 2023 21:45:34)

cheddargirl
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

FairytaleFriend wrote:

Um, i found a glitch in studios. The message is orange instead of the new red purple and green. I'm not sure how to add an image here, but i managed to link it: https://uploads.scratch.mit.edu/get_image/project/852228880_100x80.png
I gotchu

Though I'm not sure if it's a glitch? In any case, the pic is up for the engineering staff to review.

Sadly, my forum signature was eaten by an evil kumquat.
Roblox888i
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The little loading on login box when you click “login” is still blue.

Below this little line ^ is my signature, you can edit it by going to scratch.mit.edu/discuss/settings/YOURUSERHERE/ also highlight a part and do CNTRL+SHIFT+DOWN to scroll down.

Roblox888i
===========================================================================================================
| Ocular Profile | Scratch Profile | ScratchStats Profile | Github Profile |
=================================
| | Scratch Wiki Profile | |
===========================================================================================================

REST OF SIGNATURE NOT DONE
Roblox888i
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dead

Below this little line ^ is my signature, you can edit it by going to scratch.mit.edu/discuss/settings/YOURUSERHERE/ also highlight a part and do CNTRL+SHIFT+DOWN to scroll down.

Roblox888i
| Ocular Profile | Scratch Profile | ScratchStats Profile | Github Profile |
=================================
| | Scratch Wiki Profile | |

REST OF SIGNATURE NOT DONE
p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Roblox888i wrote:

dead
alive

Roblox888i wrote:

The little loading on login box when you click “login” is still blue.
I don't think this is a glitch, they're not changing absolutely everything that's blue. Otherwise motion and sensing blocks would all look like “looks” blocks.

New!
mumu245
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I don't think this is a glitch, they're not changing absolutely everything that's blue. Otherwise motion and sensing blocks would all look like “looks” blocks.
That's supposed to be the same colour as the text, I think.

select this text then press Ctrl+Shift+Down to read more
p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

mumu245 wrote:

That's supposed to be the same colour as the text, I think.
It's not text though

New!