Discuss Scratch

shiguy101
Scratcher
100+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

turkey3_test wrote:

Yeah, in the first post.

After you've read the story so far, let's first take a look at the map:

Vielmeir, near the bottom-left, is where the story begins. How about it starts with the main character (unnamed) receiving a water sword from his great grandfather, who warns him of the fire incoming from the North?
can you add a Compus so we know where everyone is coming from?
turkey3_test
Scratcher
1000+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

shiguy101 wrote:

I think the Fire People accuses the water people of steeling the molten core a stone that gives power to the fire people.
We also need to come up with a name for the Fire People and the Water People.
also there should be a myth about the Air People a race that can bring peace.
Good idea! But “molten core” sounds a bit too brown and dull of a rock. Maybe have a nice name for the particular stone of the fire people? I like that idea! We should stick with it. And it should turn out that the fire king was just keeping the stone hidden and blaming the water people as an excuse to expand his territory.

turkey3_test
Scratcher
1000+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

shiguy101 wrote:

turkey3_test wrote:

Yeah, in the first post.

After you've read the story so far, let's first take a look at the map:

Vielmeir, near the bottom-left, is where the story begins. How about it starts with the main character (unnamed) receiving a water sword from his great grandfather, who warns him of the fire incoming from the North?
can you add a Compus so we know where everyone is coming from?
I thought it was assumed that the north was at the top, but I could add one in the game if need be.

Anyways, I'll be a vector animator in the project, meaning animating the characters. The rest of you seem to be bitmap artists, so you can do backgrounds and stuff.

Last edited by turkey3_test (Jan. 7, 2014 16:32:41)

shiguy101
Scratcher
100+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

turkey3_test wrote:

shiguy101 wrote:

I think the Fire People accuses the water people of steeling the molten core a stone that gives power to the fire people.
Good idea! But “molten core” sounds a bit too brown and dull of a rock. Maybe have a nice name for the particular stone of the fire people? I like that idea! We should stick with it. And it should turn out that the fire king was just keeping the stone hidden and blaming the water people as an excuse to expand his territory.
Or it could be that the air people took it because when they put the air, water and fire rocks to gether all people will be the same and the fire king knows that and started the war to try and get the air people to attack the water not the fire.
turkey3_test
Scratcher
1000+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

shiguy101 wrote:

turkey3_test wrote:

shiguy101 wrote:

Or it could be that the air people took it because when they put the air, water and fire rocks to gether all people will be the same and the fire king knows that and started the war to try and get the air people to attack the water not the fire.
Maybe it's getting a bit too confusing now, though. Let's backtrack. We know that you receive a sword when you are young in Vielmeir, and 10 years later you go back to your town and it's attacked by the fire people. Everything is burnt down. We need the king to be very greedy for more land, but the fire people would not attack the water people without good reason. The king takes the molten stone, the heart of all the fire people, and claims the water people and air people stole it so the fire people would attack and expand the territory. I would like to incorporate the air people at one point. Maybe thousands of years ago they left Rheunomi after seeing it was well peaceful. They were the ones who made the peace. But now you must go visit the air people to tell them the peace has been vanished. However, you realize the fire people already have taken the air people's spirits captive before you get there. The air people could dwell in that small island Minan in the large sea.

shiguy101
Scratcher
100+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

turkey3_test wrote:

shiguy101 wrote:

turkey3_test wrote:

shiguy101 wrote:

Maybe it's getting a bit too confusing now, though. Let's backtrack. We know that you receive a sword when you are young in Vielmeir, and 10 years later you go back to your town and it's attacked by the fire people. Everything is burnt down. We need the king to be very greedy for more land, but the fire people would not attack the water people without good reason. The king takes the molten stone, the heart of all the fire people, and claims the water people and air people stole it so the fire people would attack and expand the territory. I would like to incorporate the air people at one point. Maybe thousands of years ago they left Rheunomi after seeing it was well peaceful. They were the ones who made the peace. But now you must go visit the air people to tell them the peace has been vanished. However, you realize the fire people already have taken the air people's spirits captive before you get there. The air people could dwell in that small island Minan in the large sea.
Ok sounds good just make the air people more of a myth now.
picopaper
Scratcher
500+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

Maybe during the climax, the ancient Shadow Warriors rise up from their underground lair, and the only way the Water Folk can defeat them is with the aid of the Fire People… Also, I'd like to see a traitor Fire person who knows about Fire King's plot and is trying to help the Water Folk stop it. Just a suggestion…

if <(platypus) = [platypus]> then
set [platypus v] to [platypus]

Pigs with Jetpacks! (a game of porcine combat)

What is with all these kumquat sig– *gulp*
shiguy101
Scratcher
100+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

picopaper wrote:

Maybe during the climax, the ancient Shadow Warriors rise up from their underground lair, and the only way the Water Folk can defeat them is with the aid of the Fire People… Also, I'd like to see a traitor Fire person who knows about Fire King's plot and is trying to help the Water Folk stop it. Just a suggestion…
thats a bit far ahead lets stick to whith what we have so fair.
turkey3_test
Scratcher
1000+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

Attention! I have developed the main character's walking engine here: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/16293553/
When you jog (It's a bit faster than walking) with the character, when you come to a stop his face turns and it looks really cool. Check it out!

picopaper
Scratcher
500+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

shiguy101 wrote:

thats a bit far ahead lets stick to whith what we have so fair.
Sure.

if <(platypus) = [platypus]> then
set [platypus v] to [platypus]

Pigs with Jetpacks! (a game of porcine combat)

What is with all these kumquat sig– *gulp*
turkey3_test
Scratcher
1000+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

Where should the main character be living 10 years after he receives the sword?

shiguy101
Scratcher
100+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

turkey3_test wrote:

How about in rimph?
turkey3_test
Scratcher
1000+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

shiguy101 wrote:

turkey3_test wrote:

How about in rimph?
Sure

turkey3_test
Scratcher
1000+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

Hey artists, can you make me a few bitmap houses that are 3D-looking? Also, make them look old and Medieval instead of new. Thanks!

Edit: The hero's name is Théoden, a common but great Medieval name.

Last edited by turkey3_test (Jan. 8, 2014 19:36:16)

spiderlord990
Scratcher
21 posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

may I join as a story developer
spiderlord990
Scratcher
21 posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

How do I join?
shiguy101
Scratcher
100+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

spiderlord990 wrote:

How do I join?
Look at the first post that has all the info.
shiguy101
Scratcher
100+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

turkey3_test wrote:

Hey artists, can you make me a few bitmap houses that are 3D-looking? Also, make them look old and Medieval instead of new. Thanks!

I may be able to get that done tomorrow.
What angel?

Last edited by shiguy101 (Jan. 8, 2014 20:39:21)

turkey3_test
Scratcher
1000+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

spiderlord990 wrote:

How do I join?
Just read the entire first post and apply.

shiguy101 wrote:

turkey3_test wrote:

I may be able to get that done tomorrow.
What angel?
Doesn't really matter. They can be in different angles from each other because they will be pointing in different directions. I am about to share the project as it is so far. There is no music yet, but when there is it'll help much.

turkey3_test
Scratcher
1000+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

Okay everybody! Here is the project so far.
I hope you like it! In the scene where he receives the sword, I need houses in the background because that is supposed to be Vielmeir.