Discuss Scratch

turkey3_test
Scratcher
1000+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

Kingdoms of Rheunomi

Welcome to the Kingdoms of Rheunomi collaboration! Kingdoms of Rheunomi will be a massive RPG that takes place in the Middle Ages.

The Storyline
In the region of Rheunomi, water kept the peace among the people. It flowed in their blood and gave them strength. One day, men from the north came bearing a new element, fire. They plundered villages and caused corruption of the peace. However, this fire could not inflict pain upon the water folk. But it did something worse… It would enclose their spirits and send them to the great prison in the North. In a similar way, the water folk's water would send the fire folk to a distant land of forgiveness and thought, being the kind folk they were. A painless fight had begun…

Main Project
Studio
My Main Account

Members
Programmers
-turkey3
-Kuesopop
-wbpx9201
-Wrclass
Artists
-turkey3
-picopaper
-RememberNovember
-ShadowFlareX
-spiderlord990
Story Developers
-turkey3
-shiguy101
-Wrclass
-joshuaho

Last edited by turkey3_test (Jan. 15, 2014 20:50:13)

turkey3_test
Scratcher
1000+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

Bump

Kuesopop
Scratcher
100+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

1. I know how to use Scratch scripts expertly.
2. I think I can help…

I'm back to the Scratch community after a temporary ban for my project Breathe.

wbpx9201
Scratcher
100+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

You're only hiring 2 people so I probably won't get accepted but… here goes.
1. What are your Scratch talents
My Scratch talents are: programming using lists and custom blocks. I can also make some decent simple Vector art.
2. Why do you want to join?
I want to join because I like helping collaborations. My favourite type of game is also a fantasy RPG game. I like your idea of having water swords and fire enemies.

turkey3_test
Scratcher
1000+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

Kuesopop wrote:

1. I know how to use Scratch scripts expertly.
2. I think I can help…

wbpx9201 wrote:

You're only hiring 2 people so I probably won't get accepted but… here goes.
1. What are your Scratch talents
My Scratch talents are: programming using lists and custom blocks. I can also make some decent simple Vector art.
2. Why do you want to join?
I want to join because I like helping collaborations. My favourite type of game is also a fantasy RPG game. I like your idea of having water swords and fire enemies.
Thank you for your replies! I realize that you both are mainly programmers, and I was actually looking for 1 programmer and 1 artist. So it will be tough deciding. Might just revert to picking a random number

turkey3_test
Scratcher
1000+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

You are both hired!

Last edited by turkey3_test (Jan. 5, 2014 22:24:04)

turkey3_test
Scratcher
1000+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

I decided to hire both of you. Yay

picopaper
Scratcher
500+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

I'd like to join as a bitmap artist, if you'll have me.
1. I'm best with more static items, like spaceships, trees, castles and the like.
2. I've been looking for chances to hone my skills, and this looks like it'll go far.

Last edited by picopaper (Jan. 6, 2014 03:17:00)

if <(platypus) = [platypus]> then
set [platypus v] to [platypus]

Pigs with Jetpacks! (a game of porcine combat)

What is with all these kumquat sig– *gulp*
turkey3_test
Scratcher
1000+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

picopaper wrote:

I'd like to join as a bitmap artist, if you'll have me.
1. I'm best with more static items, like spaceships, trees, castles and the like.
2. I've been looking for chances to hone my skills, and this looks like it'll go far.
Great! Bitmap will be used for the background in the project, while vector will be used in the characters and animations. You are hired! Currently I have nothing in particular for you to do; I will notify you soon of a task.

P.S. I love your art! Much of the art you'll be doing in here are castles/old villages and scenery backgrounds.

Last edited by turkey3_test (Jan. 6, 2014 04:36:58)

wbpx9201
Scratcher
100+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

Thanks for accepting me! As for my art, I can do Vector art in the same kinda style you used for Boulder Tower Defense, but I can't do complex shading or anything.

turkey3_test
Scratcher
1000+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

wbpx9201 wrote:

Thanks for accepting me! As for my art, I can do Vector art in the same kinda style you used for Boulder Tower Defense, but I can't do complex shading or anything.
That's perfectly fine.

As for music, I'm working on contacting orchestra director Howard Shore's manager for permission to use the music (Howard Shore did the music in the LOTR films (warning PG13 films)) not even joking, I'm actually going to get permission.

Also, I could use a good horse animator. We could possibly just pull a horse animation off the website here and give credit to the creator. The main character will ride a horse for travel.

Attention!
Today I will create the map for Rheunomi (the region). I will draw it on paper, crumple it, and edit it to look yellow and old on iPhoto.

Last edited by turkey3_test (Jan. 6, 2014 15:37:19)

turkey3_test
Scratcher
1000+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

Okay! I have contacted Howard Shore's manager for permission to use the music. I will post when I get a reply

turkey3_test
Scratcher
1000+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

Hey guys, check out the map:

wbpx9201
Scratcher
100+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

turkey3_test wrote:

Hey guys, check out the map:
That looks awesome!!

picopaper
Scratcher
500+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

turkey3_test wrote:

Great! Bitmap will be used for the background in the project, while vector will be used in the characters and animations. You are hired! Currently I have nothing in particular for you to do; I will notify you soon of a task.

P.S. I love your art! Much of the art you'll be doing in here are castles/old villages and scenery backgrounds.
Thanks! I'm going to attempt an advertisement in my signature…

Last edited by picopaper (Jan. 6, 2014 21:43:50)

turkey3_test
Scratcher
1000+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

picopaper wrote:

turkey3_test wrote:

Thanks! I'm going to attempt an advertisement in my signature…
Actually, do you mind making a banner for the whole collab?

@wbpx9201: Thanks! I'm a well experienced cartographer. I make good maps.

Last edited by turkey3_test (Jan. 6, 2014 21:46:30)

turkey3_test
Scratcher
1000+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

Could you guys all follow this topic to receive notifications on updates? Thanks!

Last edited by turkey3_test (Jan. 6, 2014 21:47:33)

picopaper
Scratcher
500+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

Actually, I already did a while ago…

turkey3_test
Scratcher
1000+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

Looking at the map, where do you guys want the RPG to begin? How about Vielmeir Town at the bottom-left?

Centrifugal
Scratcher
500+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

This looks cool but unfortunately I don't have a whole lot of extra time right now… so I'm going to have to turn your offer down - sorry!

Settlers of Inland - Age of Ƭɍeasoƞ