Discuss Scratch

turkey3_test
Scratcher
1000+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

Centrifugal wrote:

This looks cool but unfortunately I don't have a whole lot of extra time right now… so I'm going to have to turn your offer down - sorry!
That's perfectly fine

RememberNovember
Scratcher
14 posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

I would be interested in joining as an artist. I don't know what kind of style you would be looking for, but my strong suits are bitmap, pixel art, raster art, and hand drawings. I also have adobe illustrator so I could make vector art, but it would take me longer than the others.

Thank you for your consideration,
-@RememberNovember
turkey3_test
Scratcher
1000+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

RememberNovember wrote:

I would be interested in joining as an artist. I don't know what kind of style you would be looking for, but my strong suits are bitmap, pixel art, raster art, and hand drawings. I also have adobe illustrator so I could make vector art, but it would take me longer than the others.

Thank you for your consideration,
-@RememberNovember
Hired as a bitmap artist! Right now I don't have anything particular for you to do, but follow this topic to stay notified.

turkey3_test
Scratcher
1000+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

The Storyline
In the region of Rheunomi, water kept the peace among the people. It flowed in their blood and gave them strength. One day, men from the north came bearing a new element, fire. They plundered villages and caused corruption of the peace. However, this fire could not inflict pain upon the water folk. But it did something worse… It would enclose their spirits and send them to the great prison in the North. In a similar way, the water folk's water would send the fire folk to a distant land of forgiveness and thought, being the kind folk they were. A painless fight had begun…

picopaper
Scratcher
500+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

Nice! Did you see the banner I made?

if <(platypus) = [platypus]> then
set [platypus v] to [platypus]

Pigs with Jetpacks! (a game of porcine combat)

What is with all these kumquat sig– *gulp*
turkey3_test
Scratcher
1000+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

picopaper wrote:

Awesome! I'll use it in my signature.

turkey3_test
Scratcher
1000+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

turkey3_test wrote:

picopaper wrote:

Awesome! I'll use it in my signature.
It actually came out too small in my sig, but we can keep the project up as advertisement.

picopaper
Scratcher
500+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

Hmmm… I'll see if I can fix that.

shiguy101
Scratcher
100+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

Can i join as an Artist and Story Developer?
here is some of my art
link
turkey3_test
Scratcher
1000+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

shiguy101 wrote:

Can i join as an Artist and Story Developer?
here is some of my art
link
Sure!

shiguy101
Scratcher
100+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

What are we doing now?
turkey3_test
Scratcher
1000+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

shiguy101 wrote:

What are we doing now?
Let"s develop the story first. Did you read the storyline as it is a few posts above?

shiguy101
Scratcher
100+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

turkey3_test wrote:

shiguy101 wrote:

What are we doing now?
Let"s develop the story first. Did you read the storyline as it is a few posts above?
Its the one in the first post right?
turkey3_test
Scratcher
1000+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

Yeah, in the first post.

After you've read the story so far, let's first take a look at the map:

Vielmeir, near the bottom-left, is where the story begins. How about it starts with the main character (unnamed) receiving a water sword from his great grandfather, who warns him of the fire incoming from the North?

Last edited by turkey3_test (Jan. 7, 2014 15:34:54)

shiguy101
Scratcher
100+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

How about you are —- a vilige boy who lives in a peasefull villige. you know nothing of the war. one night your dying grand father gives you a small water dager and says “Use it if they come and protect your family” You try and ask him who but he dies before he tells you anything. so you forgot about it and a few years later you are visiting friends in another vilige. while you are away the North people come and take all of your vilige. when you return you find no one there. as you walk the empty streets you remeber your grand father's words and seek revenge.
turkey3_test
Scratcher
1000+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

shiguy101 wrote:

How about you are —- a vilige boy who lives in a peasefull villige. you know nothing of the war. one night your dying grand father gives you a small water dager and says “Use it if they come and protect your family” You try and ask him who but he dies before he tells you anything. so you forgot about it and a few years later you are visiting friends in another vilige. while you are away the North people come and take all of your vilige. when you return you find no one there. as you walk the empty streets you remeber your grand father's words and seek revenge.
Great idea! However, instead of showing the grandfather die because it's Scratch, we should just have him say “My time is near the end” and then skip to 10 years later when you are farther North. And all the people of his village their spirits are now in the prison in the North, the final part of the game when you go there. Note that the prison in the North is off the map; the fire men's territory is not shown.

Last edited by turkey3_test (Jan. 7, 2014 16:01:53)

turkey3_test
Scratcher
1000+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

We also need some reason why the fire men are attacking in the first place, though.

Oh, and how about the fire men secretly traveled through Tret Forest in the West to reach Vielmeir unnoticed. (We're going to get used to these fancy names)

Last edited by turkey3_test (Jan. 7, 2014 16:04:58)

picopaper
Scratcher
500+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

What if fire and water people were once of the same kingdom, living peacefully? Perhaps they were kept together by a Light Blade, which was then lost. With the Light Blade gone, they would fall into warfare. Maybe they called a pseudo-truce for some years, but then the Fire People broke it and led the first invasion of the Second Great War… That's when the player comes in. Just some ideas…

turkey3_test
Scratcher
1000+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

picopaper wrote:

What if fire and water people were once of the same kingdom, living peacefully? Perhaps they were kept together by a Light Blade, which was then lost. With the Light Blade gone, they would fall into warfare. Maybe they called a pseudo-truce for some years, but then the Fire People broke it and led the first invasion of the Second Great War… That's when the player comes in. Just some ideas…
Possibly… But I kind of like the idea of the fire people being in the North and unheard of. Maybe the fire people are seeking a Light blade that the water people have. Maybe the Light blade has some glorious beauty to it that drives the greed of the fire people?

I actually started the developing the intro of the project. It's pretty much the exact same as the storyline in topic 1, so I don't really want to change it too much.

Anyway, we need the name for our hero, the person you play as. Oh, and the people in the project will be stick figures for a few reasons:
1. I am really good at animating them in vector
2. They cause less lag and can have many of them moving at once

Last edited by turkey3_test (Jan. 7, 2014 16:26:49)

shiguy101
Scratcher
100+ posts

——Kingdoms of Rheunomi——

I think the Fire People accuses the water people of steeling the molten core a stone that gives power to the fire people.
We also need to come up with a name for the Fire People and the Water People.
also there should be a myth about the Air People a race that can bring peace.