Discuss Scratch

Icey29
Scratcher
500+ posts

Two people working on one project at the same time?

No support because there would be too much spam and trolls.
Marsover
Scratcher
66 posts

well look at the rules for a chat system, but still… support

Alberknyis
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I work alone XD

So sorry, no support from me.

stop [all v] ::stack
Scrathygirl
Scratcher
92 posts

What if we have a seprate Scratch related website, Called I dunno ScratchCollab or something similar which won't cause trouble to the orginial one, it would be like Scratch minus the disscusions and only for Collab use, after your done with one you share it and you could sync it to your original Scratch account?

Unit_302
New to Scratch
1 post

zoobat99 wrote:

Anyone think it'd be nice if you could share editing rights to another scratcher and work on one project at the sam etime? I think it would be useful espessially with bigger projects. It could work sort of like google docs. Anyone agree?
Catgirl555
Scratcher
100+ posts

SUPPORT

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

MrSherlockHolmes
Scratcher
500+ posts

Support, but the other person could accidently delete your whole project

Centred signature.
matey1234
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MrSherlockHolmes wrote:

Support, but the other person could accidently delete your whole project
Or on purpose.

| Artist | Gamer | Roleplayer | Weirdo | Lazy |

Rex208
Scratcher
500+ posts

zoobat99 wrote:

Anyone think it'd be nice if you could share editing rights to another scratcher and work on one project at the sam etime? I think it would be useful espessially with bigger projects. It could work sort of like google docs. Anyone agree?
Support.

Dylanica
Scratcher
54 posts

It would be great and I do support, but problems would arise in trying to make this. so i think the chances of this happening are negligible.

when I receive [Cookies v]
repeat until <(Cookies) = [ 0]>
play sound [Happy Noises v]
change [Cookies v] by (-1)

end
testingscript64
Scratcher
100+ posts

Support.

Maybe we should add an admin-like system that makes the project creator being able to control what the other person does, like if the collaborator tries to spam blocks, mess up scripts or delete them, the creator (admin) can stop the other from being able to place blocks (maybe an undo feature could help).

Also, there would be a time limit before the collaborator can add blocks again, and a time limit before the admin can use this command, to keep him/her from abusing his/her's power.

For notes it would either be that only the creator can add notes, or there would be a word filter that would keep anyone from typing profanity. Or probably no notes.

I think this feature should be on the offline version of scratch.

Last edited by testingscript64 (Jan. 17, 2015 14:35:03)

AwesomeNova
Scratcher
9 posts

zoobat99 wrote:

By sharing, I don'y mean sharing a finished project to the world. I mean allowing another scratcher to edit your project at the same time as you. I know scratch can pull it off if they can make an online program for scratching. It could be like google docs. It would be very useful for big projects that multiple people work on at once. What do you say? Cool, right?

vacuumfan7072 wrote:

It would require the servers to be a lot more active, and the website to run slow. This should be ideal for the downloaded version.
I agree with both of you guys, I like the concept of two scratchers each on their own accounts working on one project together, but in order to keep the website from getting too laggy they have to add probably a lot of constant active servers which can be expensive, for there are millions of user plus non-users on this site.

Last edited by AwesomeNova (Jan. 17, 2015 19:47:15)

when green flag clicked
forever

show variable [I'M A GAMER!!!!!!!!!!!!! v]
end
Catgirl555
Scratcher
100+ posts

utillitytitan wrote:

I AGREE I WANT TO BOLTH WORLK ON A PROJECT AT THE SAME TIME WOULD BE AWESOME

YEAH IT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Catgirl555 (Jan. 17, 2015 19:49:53)

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

l0ve1y
Scratcher
100+ posts

This would be AMAAZING, especially for collaborations!

“Once a wise man told me. ‘Family don’t end in blood.’ But it doesn’t start there either. Family cares about you. Not what you can do for them. Family is there for the good, bad, all of it. They got your back. Even when it hurts. That’s family” -Dean Winchester
testingscript64
Scratcher
100+ posts

Photon7Games
Scratcher
32 posts

This would be great for school projects (Among many other uses)! SUPPORT!

Try my new EPIC game, Depth Strider !!! <—THE BEST GAME EVER!!!
Me on the Scratch Wiki!
MEEEEE!
testingscript64
Scratcher
100+ posts

Pralf
Scratcher
63 posts

iTweak0r wrote:

I'm making an HTML (websites) version of what you're thinking, so support
Sorry to necropost, but it seems what you said kinda wetnt through the ears of these peope and out the other. When will this be completed?
coolgem923
Scratcher
100+ posts

I have an idea to implement this. (it may completely get rid of the point, but whatever.)

How about put this in the Offline Editor over LAN instead of over the interwebz? LAN being, over your network, and just your network, like if a friend comes over to your house (that you know in real life of course) you can work on a project together. Might increase collaboration in Scratch clubs and the like.

, Flash 32.0 (release 0)
;
LionsStair
Scratcher
100+ posts

goldfish678 wrote:

Duplicate topic.
Next time check their dates!

Support

If I said no support highlight this from “Hi” to “AWESOME”:
Hi this isThink about your suggestion, was it going to benefit a majority of scratchers, did it have cons to a specific group, was it fully based on YOUR opinion, did you put some thought into the idea, simply forgot to read the sticky, has little pros, no purposeful reason, was there something wrong with scratch? If any of these apply to you think about your post, either revise it or close it.AWESOME
If I said support highlight this from “Hi” to “COOL”:
Hi I think this isDo you think you could add to your suggestion, or do you wish to keep it the same? Doesn't matter as long as people support it!!COOL

Because I can do stuff Highlight:If you followed my instructions, I will give you a free stuffollow
Check out my feed here! List of my favorite music

Because I can do stuff:

Like this ^ and this v
You must be hallucinating!
automagiacally = automatically do something
If you don't get the pun: *Facepalm*
KUMQUATS ARE HERE TO EAT, EAT, EAT!

Remember to ALWAYS: Clicky That Sticky!

A Lion's Stare is a neutral stare yet is filled with so many stairs of moods, it never hurts, or never loves, it never does, or never nothing. A Lion's Stare is a Stair.

Life's a mystery, yet so unfair,
DEAL WIT IT.

(Insert epic lion face here)