Discuss Scratch

dinogirl112
Scratcher
78 posts

Forum Security Change!!

110% Support! This idea is pure gold!

(Foo)
Meet Foo. She is my trained attack kumquat block that will find and destroy any evil kumquats.

;
iamunknown2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Forum Security Change!!

BUMP

| My website | Using Geany | A Christian | Running Ubuntu MATE 14.04 with Flash 18.0 (release 0) | Search this with quotation marks on Google to view my posts: “ellipsepostpianolizard” (some posts may not show up) |

Moving on from Scratch? Learn Python/a scripting language (e.g Perl, JavaScript), then move on to a C derivative
jji10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Forum Security Change!!

The project you linked is unrelated to the suggestion?

Last edited by jji10 (April 9, 2017 12:58:31)

“Yipee, I did it!” the man said with glee,
“I've solved that darned riddle, I've solved it, you see!”
The sphinx simply smiled and shook her strange head,
“I'm afraid you're wrong, and therefore you're dead.”
MrLarry
Scratcher
100+ posts

Forum Security Change!!

Support. This could become a major problem.

This is Bob, my signature's bodyguard. He protects my signature from evil kumquats. If you want to see animations and stuff, why not check out my profile?
PintOfMilk
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Forum Security Change!!

Support imagine inappropriate photos and also irrelevant spam .

Kaj's webpage: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/247176/

Does n!+1=m^2 have interger solutions apart from n=4,5,7?
jromagnoli
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Forum Security Change!!

PintOfMilk wrote:

But you can see where it leads you by hovering over the link, unless of course, it's a tiny url.

ROAD TO 10,000 POSTS
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 64%

If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!
hehehe!Mytiptopsecrettopicidentifier!ahjdgggfhjadggahjsahasgdjfsdjfga

Scratchifier
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Forum Security Change!!

jromagnoli wrote:

PintOfMilk wrote:

But you can see where it leads you by hovering over the link, unless of course, it's a tiny url.
that's not the point. i know people can see where links lead by hovering over them. but this doesnt mean that people hover over every single link that they click on. especially not kids. people who put bad links on purpose like this know this too. it's not about how many people don't click/ fall for the trap, it's about how many people do
zzyzz01
New to Scratch
1 post

Forum Security Change!!

Hey i think its good and very nice u share this to us

Aulia ID

Last edited by zzyzz01 (April 10, 2017 07:56:05)

jromagnoli
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Forum Security Change!!

Scratchifier wrote:

jromagnoli wrote:

PintOfMilk wrote:

that's not the point. i know people can see where links lead by hovering over them. but this doesnt mean that people hover over every single link that they click on. especially not kids. people who put bad links on purpose like this know this too. it's not about how many people don't click/ fall for the trap, it's about how many people do
I know.

ROAD TO 10,000 POSTS
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 64%

If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!
hehehe!Mytiptopsecrettopicidentifier!ahjdgggfhjadggahjsahasgdjfsdjfga

iamunknown2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Forum Security Change!!

BUMP

| My website | Using Geany | A Christian | Running Ubuntu MATE 14.04 with Flash 18.0 (release 0) | Search this with quotation marks on Google to view my posts: “ellipsepostpianolizard” (some posts may not show up) |

Moving on from Scratch? Learn Python/a scripting language (e.g Perl, JavaScript), then move on to a C derivative
carsracer
Scratcher
100+ posts

Forum Security Change!!

Wow. I seriously thought that it was a link to a project explaining the suggestion. Something should be done about these links.

Everyone repeat after me

Read the stickies… Read the stickies…

cs441879
Scratcher
8 posts

Forum Security Change!!

wow, i never thought of that. smart. i will follow this discussion
Solmux
Scratcher
100+ posts

Forum Security Change!!

Paddle2See wrote:

Scratchifier wrote:

So yeah, is this something we could expect in a (somwhat soon) future update?
I can't answer that - I don't set the work lists for the developers

We came close to doing this exact thing a couple of years back - to the point where we actually designed the graphic that would pop up to show that you were leaving Scratch. I wish I could remember why it never went any further - maybe it was just a question of priorities. Probably it got pushed aside to get 2.0 out. Maybe its time has come at last?

Gobo has a tail on his back…?

v i s i t m y p r o f i l e o r e l s e y o u w i l l b e b a n i s h e d f r o m t h e l a n d o f e x i s t e n c e . f o l l o w t o o .

this is very sad. can we hit 50 likes pls?
ComicWorldBros
Scratcher
100+ posts

Forum Security Change!!

support

Please help us right now and I will credit and follow you!
Botcho_Otkho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Forum Security Change!!

ComicWorldBros wrote:

support
Hey please, say why you support, otherwise it looks like a necropost.

I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are. - Mewtwo
jakel181
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Forum Security Change!!

I support this would greatly help the security of the site!

Disco Calculator | Is it Prime?
Translate The SDS | The Scratch Wiki

define How to scratch
think [Creative]
This message was transmitted using 100% recycled electrons
;
Thefrenchpeople
Scratcher
500+ posts

Forum Security Change!!

I made a project about a warning message for those leaving Scratch. It can be found here (I promise it actually leads to the proper place)

Last edited by Thefrenchpeople (Sept. 6, 2018 22:05:09)

Notice!

I have moved accounts to @-Accio- for more information, check out this project.

Kumquats

TheRealNetherBefore
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Forum Security Change!!

Support, this is a potentially risky flaw in the current link system that could definitely be exploited if someone wanted to. Despite the fact that most of the potentially malicious links I see posted by spambots are typically just copy-pasted into the comment without using the link feature, this would still be a sensible thing to add as users do link offsite often and it would be good to know beforehand that you're going to something offsite.

*Drinks ketchup*
there is no ethical consumption under capitalism my dudes
Small Games | Tips and Advice | Boredom Cat | Misc
Want to make a fantasy world everyone on scratch can use? Click here!
G'thorpax the Unspoken
KJRYoshi07
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Forum Security Change!!

Support, because it is a very dangerous flaw. Also, it said “Explicit Results were filtered with SafeSearch.” 101.982% Support.

moved accounts lol
Buffek
Scratcher
100+ posts

Forum Security Change!!

Wait is it just me or the link doesnt work?
Oh nevermind, I guess there is something wrong with the post but
the suggestion is
“This is why I think that DIRECT links in forums to other sites should be removed I think that there should at least be a popup saying that you are leaving Scratch to another site and that Scratch is not responsible for the safety of the linked-to site. Although forumers are usually not out to get other kids with their virus sites, I have seen many links that were completely unsafe which have been linked to due to either ignorance or carelessness in the past. It is especially hard to tell when somebody uses your text here along with project and makes it seem like you are being redirected to a project. Anyway, supporters?”

Last edited by Buffek (Sept. 9, 2018 07:59:41)

when green flag clicked
say [I hate my username why did I name myself like this]