Discuss Scratch

parkmasterpro
Scratcher
42 posts

cloud var reseting

ive been playing with cloud variables but for some reason they are being treated like reguar ones, when you refresh the page it goes to the state i saved it in. i dont understand, im not updating them every frame or anything. they just reset when you refresh the page, is this normal or something? they stay the same when flag is pressed but once you refresh the page it all changes back to the state it was saved in.

Last edited by parkmasterpro (May 7, 2024 16:44:52)

thanks for your feedback, parkmasterpro

also please check out my games if you can :)
Cool_Dude2022
Scratcher
100+ posts

cloud var reseting

parkmasterpro wrote:

ive been playing with cloud variables but for some reason they are being treated like reguar ones, when you refresh the page it goes to the state i saved it in. i dont understand, im not updating them every frame or anything. they just reset when you refresh the page, is this normal or something? they stay the same when flag is pressed but once you refresh the page it all changes back to the state it was saved in.

Scratch has always had issues with cloud variables. Whenever I'm on my home computer, they work perfectly fine, but when I'm not, they don't save the data.

Did I help you fix your problem? If so, please nominate my project to be featured!

If my code is used, credit is NOT required
parkmasterpro
Scratcher
42 posts

cloud var reseting

so they are broken for the time being?

if i open the cloud monitor page an it shows that the test var is equal to 1 but when you start it it is 0 like how i saved, so i think its a connection problem or something.

Last edited by parkmasterpro (May 7, 2024 17:26:16)

Nolswit
Scratcher
71 posts

cloud var reseting

sometimes cloud variables do not save properly and it reverts to the last saved number. its just a bug with scratch and I don't think there is anything you can do about it. (sorry if I'm wrong, I'm sped sooooo)

ask [Are you subscribed to Nolswit on Youtube?] and wait
if <(answer) = [Yes]> then
say [Thank You!]

else
Redirect To [www.youtube.com/@Nolswit]
end
parkmasterpro
Scratcher
42 posts

cloud var reseting

thx, i made a var that checks if the cloud var is updated properly

Scratchedbyyou
Scratcher
100+ posts

cloud var reseting

Cloud variables only work with numbers, and if you try and set it to something invalid, it resets.

My profile here!
My alternate account here!
My forums account here!
If you want to comment about one or more posts I made, I recommend posting the comment on my forums account.
I make animations and games. I also do a little posting on the forums. Scratch is a great place!
when green flag clicked
set voice to [tenor v]::pen
say [I do F4F]::custom

define say (words)
say (words)
speak (words)::pen
say []
parkmasterpro
Scratcher
42 posts

cloud var reseting

ik that, im encripting using a key.

Last edited by parkmasterpro (May 8, 2024 16:40:00)