Discuss Scratch

starr-light
Scratcher
100+ posts

river's swc writing thread ⍋ tragedy march '24

thank you notes ⍋ 03.31.24
[ word count: 1000 words ]
━━━ « ⍋ » ━━━

‣ thanks everyone for such a lovely time this session, i loved all the memories <33

━━━ « ⍋ » ━━━

dear luna, sun, starr, moss, moonlit, and robin,
you're the pinnacles of swc. (terrifying) host (tyrants), thank you so much for making this session run smoothly — on the leading team, i get a glimpse of what swc's like before february 29 and before april 1! the activities, the writing comp, the hilarious addition of gurtle, who really needs to get a pacifier or something so he'll stop eating links. perhaps the most solid testament to y'all's (?) awesomeness is the fact that the session theme is motivating me to try reading lotr :0
from, river

dear gurtle taskbar,
thank you for running the daily team this session! all the activities this session were so much fun, and i finally got my dream of a legends weekly. you all are legends, so i suppose it fits <3 memorieswc was so much fun — the ingredients, the storyline, the amazing coding! i enjoyed it all, even if it was totally speedrun xD happy swc!
from, river

dear mbc (spearheaded by alana and reese)
thanks so much for running things this session! i have a feeling this will be one of the most exciting and fun filled memory books yet, and i had so much fun planning and designing, even if i didn't do that very often </3 i look forward to seeing the memory book develop after the session, and i can't wait to see the final product!
from, river

dear (co) leading team:
you guys were truly an epic community this session. from the questionnaires to the wild excitement at the beginning, i loved this little hobbit hole! everyone's cabin was so amazing and unique, i am in awe of everyone every single time. i know how hard it is to create and run a cabin, and despite any snags that may have come up, everything seemed seamless <33 you made sure that every camper enjoyed their session of swc, and i hope to see and talk to y'all in the future!
from, river

dear alana, finley, and summer,
i didn't interact with you very much this session, but i wanted to send you a little note thanking you for being wild in the first cabin wars — combined, i'm pretty sure we sent over two thirds of the wars that time, even if most of them were done in revenge! i will always remember those 24 hours as a time of exhilaration and chaos, thanks so much for making it epic! (and a small apology for being half of fairy tales' wars :)
from, river

dear mousey,
thanks so much for being my partner in the third weekly, and for being a great friend this session! dystopian is also so lovely, i love your theme. when i talked to you, it was always enjoyable, and i will never regret eating that delicious charred mango during the Incident <3 i hope to talk to you more in future sessions, keep being epic :0
from, river

dear lily,
thanks so much for wandering through the woods with us! you were always determined to recover the diary pages, even when it seemed we would never escape, and you were very vigilant in defending the cabin from deluded mythsians who believed it was a truffle! i'd love to get to know you better in sessions to come!
from, river

dear juice,
thanks so much for participating this session! it was always lovely seeing you around in the cabin, and i really appreciated your encouragement when i was speedrunning the fourth weekly, and i was amazed when you wrote over five thousand words for it! you were also super helpful and motivated in cabin wars <3 hope to see you around in the future!
from, river

dear tragedians,
unfortunately, you did not manage to escape the woods! but it's okay, we were always going to have an unhappy ending and honestly, i cannot think of a more epic group of people to be stuck in a dark, creepy wood with! from cabin wars to solving the diary pages, we were always a community, and i definitely enjoyed this session! i may not have talked to you all as much as i would have liked to, but i'd love to see you around in future sessions and get to know all of you better <33
from, river

dear willow,
thanks so much for being a fellow co-leader this session! i must start off by complimenting your application — i love taylor swift, and from the moment we realized we were in the same cabin i knew it was going to be loads of fun! i'm not sure if you remember, but i was in poetry ‘21 with you, and i thought you were cool even then. you also have incredible thumbnail design and pfp-making skills; truly, the tragedy design language is stunning. this note is all over the place, but i hope it expresses how epic you are <3
from, river

dear em,
thank you so much for leading tragedy this session! you were such an epic leader from the beginning — the idea from tragedy was lovely, and i really enjoyed collaborating with you and willow on making our woods a reality. you’re such an epic and fun person, and this cabin one hundred percent reflected that <33 it was amazing being a semi-evil quote-unquote helper with you and willow, and i hope to continue to talk to you in the future!
from, river

to the whole of swc,
even if you didn't get a mention in this collection of thank yous, please know it's because i have finite time and motivation </3 every person in this session contributed in some way, big or small, to swc this session, and you all deserve thank yous! i hope to see everyone around next session, and until then, we wait anxiously for results!
from, river

and —
dear gurtle,
i'm still mad at you for eating links and almost destroying the cabin and possessing the hosts. still, you will be missed <33
from, river
━━━ « ⍋ » ━━━

river | she/her | intj | logophile
poetry ⟡ mystery ⟡ fantasy ⟡ dystopian
tragedy march '24 ftw!

“most myths are just truths covered in cobwebs”
— roshani chokshi, the silvered serpents