Discuss Scratch

BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Fourth Realm | Story Writing Discussion

Good evening, fellow writers! Here we will discuss the story and mechanics, and etc… This is in existence to keep the main thread clean.

Main thread.

Story Writers:
Piggygirl3838
Oblivion_Gamez1245
BlauHourglass
SquashDog

Last edited by BlauHourglass (Feb. 21, 2024 02:00:25)

。 ゚。⋆☾ Did I ask? ☽ ⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ But sleep's a part of the job, y'know. ☽ ⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ If everyone were smart, no one would be. ☽ ⋆。 ゚。
——
Retired founder of Soundwave Productions click me, fufu~
Co-owner of The Glow Shop click me, fufu~
Co-owner of Ville de L'Art click me, fufu~
——
ı|ı|ı Script SWC July '24 ı|ı|ı
♕ Classical SSC May '24 ♕
⸙ Epistolary SWC March '24 ⸙
BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

So Far:
Name of Game: The Fourth Realm
Themes: Tablet of Truth, King “Jonathan”, Evil and Missing Twin, 4 Dimensions/Realms.
Backstory: King “Jonathan” (who needs a different name) has gone crazy due to the power of the Tablet of Truth. He divides his realm into four smaller realms. The fourth realm is unknown, and only he rules it, with other people unaware of the other realms under his merciless control. While trying to dodge the evil king, the player must find their missing twin (someone they know can bring peace to the four realms).

The Four Realms:
1. Earth-like; foresty; grassy; starting place for player
2. Industrial desert
3. Ocean
4. Fourth realm, currently unknown… Ideas are being thrown around for something possibly ethereal and magical, etc…

Last edited by BlauHourglass (Feb. 12, 2024 16:18:41)

。 ゚。⋆☾ Did I ask? ☽ ⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ But sleep's a part of the job, y'know. ☽ ⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ If everyone were smart, no one would be. ☽ ⋆。 ゚。
——
——
BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Let's start off with the theme and what elements/genres we want in the game. Feel free to throw around ideas; blue sky for now!

——
——
SquashDog
Scratcher
100+ posts

I was thinking maybe medieval themed?

PLAY THE DREAMLANDS NOW!
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/873343950/
BIG update coming soon!
Piggygirl3838
Scratcher
100+ posts

The RPG can have a few large categories:

School (A RPG at a school)

Powers (A RPG where the character have powers)

World (A RPG in a whole new world)

TimeLine (A RPG in different timelines/in the future or past)

These can be combined as well.

My excuse for being too lazy to make a signature: it was the evil kumquats, we must all hide!
5_g
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Piggygirl3838 wrote:

These are good ideas, but i dont think that the school setting would work

Pro forumer, Scratch Empires I OG

Im hosting Scratch origins SMP part 2, a modded minecraft server for all scratchers! Join it here! Scratch origins 2 is delayed until the summer, i will notify everyone before it starts dont worry
Oblivion_Gamez1245
Scratcher
26 posts

I think we should have it in a new world, as suggested. But I think the main mechanic should be that we can go back and forth between 3 different dimensions alternate to the regular, only slightly different.
SquashDog
Scratcher
100+ posts

Oblivion_Gamez1245 wrote:

I think we should have it in a new world, as suggested. But I think the main mechanic should be that we can go back and forth between 3 different dimensions alternate to the regular, only slightly different.
Yeah that sounds goods
I reckon powers would be cool, maybe something like in ff16 where certain characters are dominants to eikons

PLAY THE DREAMLANDS NOW!
BIG update coming soon!
BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I… unfortunately know next to nothing about the entire Final Fantasy series, but I'll do my best to keep up, haha! I actually really like the 3D(3-dimensional) idea, and we can have it maybe…set in 3 different eras? Perhaps medieval, modern, and sci-fi?

——
——
Piggygirl3838
Scratcher
100+ posts

So, maybe we can have three different dimensions with three laws:

Normal (Earth and our galaxy)

Magic (Levitation, spells and other magical)

Future (Time traveling, magic through technology.)

This is purely a suggestion. I can go into further detail if you all like it.

My excuse for being too lazy to make a signature: it was the evil kumquats, we must all hide!
5_g
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Piggygirl3838 wrote:

So, maybe we can have three different dimensions with three laws:

Normal (Earth and our galaxy)

Magic (Levitation, spells and other magical)

Future (Time traveling, magic through technology.)

This is purely a suggestion. I can go into further detail if you all like it.
I mean we need the detail eventually, might as well start writing now.

Btw the artists need to know what type of enemies, characters, main characters, ect they should start drawing so also think about that.

Pro forumer, Scratch Empires I OG

Im hosting Scratch origins SMP part 2, a modded minecraft server for all scratchers! Join it here! Scratch origins 2 is delayed until the summer, i will notify everyone before it starts dont worry
SquashDog
Scratcher
100+ posts

What if the world the game is set is created by one god, who creates 3 less powerful gods to control 3 different dimensions? And the player could have boss battles with all 4 gods?
(I'm Christian, and this is clearly just for the game and made up so I'm sorry if anyone takes offense to it)

PLAY THE DREAMLANDS NOW!
BIG update coming soon!
Quantum1993
Scratcher
500+ posts

I like the idea of three different dimensions/time periods.

Maybe the story could go like this:

King Jonathan rules the main kingdom (no name for it yet). Somehow, he comes into possession of an ancient artifact: The (stone) Tablet of Power.

The thing makes him go insane, and he uses the three gems within it to create three new dimensions he can rule. He appoints three of his generals to monitor the security of them.

Each of the generals holds one of the gems. Once the player has all three, they confront the king in an epic final boss fight.

Then the player inserts the gems into the Tablet, and the realm is peaceful once more.

If you are seeing this, you've found my old signature because my banner isn't loading for some reason. It is most likely due to your system admin blocking cubeupload, or because it simply hasn't loaded yet. Comment ‘null5’ on my profile to show you found the secret.

Manager of Quantum Games and Quantum Software
Are you an experienced Scratcher? Join the Jurassic Park: Security Shift Development Team at https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/34523787
prishaJuni
Scratcher
100+ posts

5_g wrote:

Piggygirl3838 wrote:

These are good ideas, but i dont think that the school setting would work
I agree!

I’m a really underrated coder/artist! I fix up people’s old games and would LOVE to hear about any underrated games.

OPEN DMC WITH MANY WAYS TO WIN! PLEASE JOIN! 10+ CHARACTERS TO DRAW!
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/958213540

prishaJuni
Scratcher
100+ posts

I was thinking this could be an rpg where the character has powers and needs to save the world from an evil villain (sounds very cheesy tbh), but the character needs to find his twin, because when their powers are combined, they can end the world. So the character goes on quests and gets info about his twin, eventually finding out that she is in the villain’s prison. Now, he must get his sister and run, before the villain finds them. But, the villain does find them, and they fight.

I’m a really underrated coder/artist! I fix up people’s old games and would LOVE to hear about any underrated games.

prishaJuni
Scratcher
100+ posts

prishaJuni wrote:

I was thinking this could be an rpg where the character has powers and needs to save the world from an evil villain (sounds very cheesy tbh), but the character needs to find his twin, because when their powers are combined, they can end the world. So the character goes on quests and gets info about his twin, eventually finding out that she is in the villain’s prison. Now, he must get his sister and run, before the villain finds them. But, the villain does find them, and they fight.

But, we can also add in the three dimension thing, so that there are more quests. Kind of like quantum’s idea but merged with mine.

Quantum1993
Scratcher
500+ posts

prishaJuni wrote:

prishaJuni wrote:

But, we can also add in the three dimension thing, so that there are more quests. Kind of like quantum’s idea but merged with mine.
I think that is a great idea!
If we implement finding the main characters twin as part of the story, I could come up with a ton of different names for the game, like Gemini Journey.

If you are seeing this, you've found my old signature because my banner isn't loading for some reason. It is most likely due to your system admin blocking cubeupload, or because it simply hasn't loaded yet. Comment ‘null5’ on my profile to show you found the secret.

Are you an experienced Scratcher? Join the Jurassic Park: Security Shift Development Team at https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/34523787
BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Quantum1993 wrote:

I like the idea of three different dimensions/time periods.

Maybe the story could go like this:

King Jonathan rules the main kingdom (no name for it yet). Somehow, he comes into possession of an ancient artifact: The (stone) Tablet of Power.

The thing makes him go insane, and he uses the three gems within it to create three new dimensions he can rule. He appoints three of his generals to monitor the security of them.

Each of the generals holds one of the gems. Once the player has all three, they confront the king in an epic final boss fight.

Then the player inserts the gems into the Tablet, and the realm is peaceful once more.

prishaJuni wrote:

prishaJuni wrote:

Wow, some really cool ideas! I think, yeah, we can merge these two and find a good balance. Perhaps the final villain at the end is King Jonathan? Or maybe if the sister is supposed to come out more, we can have her be found in one of the earlier dimensions and then continue on the story with her?

——
——
BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SquashDog wrote:

What if the world the game is set is created by one god, who creates 3 less powerful gods to control 3 different dimensions? And the player could have boss battles with all 4 gods?
(I'm Christian, and this is clearly just for the game and made up so I'm sorry if anyone takes offense to it)
No offence taken. Does anyone wanna play with the unique idea of an RPG without magic? Just curious.

——
——
Quantum1993
Scratcher
500+ posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

SquashDog wrote:

No offence taken. Does anyone wanna play with the unique idea of an RPG without magic? Just curious.
Potentially. Some RPGs have been successful without magic, like Super Mario RPG or Earthbound, but I think that keeping magic will make the game a little easier, as many RPGs feature some sort of magic system.