Scratcher
1000+ posts

Built-in particle emitters.

undeterminstic wrote:

-snip-
yes but they'd have to because the particles aren't programmable
Also how would then not be prorammable?
Ive seen robtop make them (for 2.2)

Last edited by TheEpikGamer211 (Dec. 4, 2023 22:12:52)

Epik gamer 211. Proud inventor of GTTSTES.
im workng on
sc (then SBOX)
GTTSTES 1.3
when (::ff0000) horribly misclicked and pressed @greenFlag instead.:: hat :: events 
Summon Evil Kumquats using (((((((((((((:D):: motion):: motion):: motion):: motion):: motion):: motion):: motion):: motion):: motion):: motion):: motion :: motion)
PokePika__10339__
Scratcher
500+ posts

undeterminstic wrote:

TheEpikGamer211 wrote:

undeterminstic wrote:

and people might have to make there own particles
that would be very hard.
What's that supposed to mean?

Purple Scratch has grown on me. I think purple may be my new favorite color…
Psykronis Cerebrelipse
But… the Scratch logo is still Orange! Please fix this Scratch!
I did it for you

(This is a joke)
TheEpikGamer211
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PokePika__10339__ wrote:

undeterminstic wrote:

TheEpikGamer211 wrote:

undeterminstic wrote:

that would be very hard.
What's that supposed to mean?
I have 0 idea.

im workng on
sc (then SBOX)
GTTSTES 1.3
when (::ff0000) horribly misclicked and pressed @greenFlag instead.:: hat :: events 
Summon Evil Kumquats using (((((((((((((:D):: motion):: motion):: motion):: motion):: motion):: motion):: motion):: motion):: motion):: motion):: motion :: motion)
kkidslogin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MagicCoder330 wrote:

(#36)

TheEpikGamer211 wrote:

MagicCoder330 wrote:

So, I feel like we should have a limit of 1000 to particle count.
I don't think that's a good idea.
What if someone is playing on a “potato”.

So long as the particles dont run code, they are going to be easy to simulate, although i might not be right.
They would be toaster easy. They're running on the GPU, so they don't share many system resources with the CPU.

MagicCoder330 wrote:

(#33)
So, I feel like we should have a limit of 1000 to particle count, but particles should not be able to execute code. they should just be set to what costume they are, how long they last, etc.
This is a really low limit- you could fill this really easily. And again, as they don't run any code and run on the GPU, they wouldn't be hard to run. A lot of particles would use the same amount of system resources as 1 clone.

DOGGYPLAYSDOORS wrote:

(#37)
so what im saying about clones sharing the clone limit with particles is that if there are 500 particles spawned, only 300 would spawn, and if 350 clones were spawned and 50 particles were spawned, either 50 clones and all the particles would not spawn or 100 clones would not spawn, for example. And maybe there are particle blocks like
when I start as a particle::hat
but that hat block only accepts motion, look, and control blocks in the script under it. otherwise the block is rejected. (yeah i know that doesn't make sense)
not possible. If you need stuff like that you'll have to use clones. Particles are incapable of running code, even the fancy shiny ones you see in Genshin Impact.

undeterminstic wrote:

(#40)

TheEpikGamer211 wrote:

undeterminstic wrote:

that would be very hard.
The particles in modern games like Minecraft, Terraria, Genshin Impact, Geometry Dash, Forza Horizon, etc are not programmable, but they make do.

Forum Clout: 232,655. Alright, who ate my Kumquats?

Enjoy my music.

[small]non-member post, take whatever I say with a hint of salt and remember there's no authority behind it[/small]
TheEpikGamer211
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sorry to mini-mod here, but please have constructive conversation.

im workng on
sc (then SBOX)
GTTSTES 1.3
TheEpikGamer211
Scratcher
1000+ posts

kkidslogin wrote:

They would be toaster easy. They're running on the GPU, so they don't share many system resources with the CPU.
waht if someone is using gtx, or rtx?

im workng on
sc (then SBOX)
GTTSTES 1.3
kkidslogin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheEpikGamer211 wrote:

(#46)

kkidslogin wrote:

waht if someone is using gtx, or rtx?
Ha ha, even easier- it would be easy enough for Intel HD, and GTX/RTX are thousands of percent faster

Forum Clout: 232,655. Alright, who ate my Kumquats?

Enjoy my music.

[small]non-member post, take whatever I say with a hint of salt and remember there's no authority behind it[/small]
PokePika__10339__
Scratcher
500+ posts

Right now the argument shouldn't be about how or how well they would run, but rather clarification on how they would function in the editor and why they should or shouldn't be added.

Psykronis Cerebrelipse
I did it for you

(This is a joke)
TheEpikGamer211
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PokePika__10339__ wrote:

Right now the argument shouldn't be about how or how well they would run, but rather clarification on how they would function in the editor and why they should or shouldn't be added.
If this argumnt continues, i may close the topic myself.

im workng on
sc (then SBOX)
GTTSTES 1.3
PokePika__10339__
Scratcher
500+ posts

TheEpikGamer211 wrote:

PokePika__10339__ wrote:

I don't this OPs can close the topic, only ST.

Psykronis Cerebrelipse
I did it for you

(This is a joke)
DOGGYPLAYSDOORS
Scratcher
70 posts

PokePika__10339__ wrote:

TheEpikGamer211 wrote:

PokePika__10339__ wrote:

Are you saying that only the Scratch Team can close a topic? The Scratch Team can close a topic at anytime. But after 24 hours of the topic existing, the owner of a topic can close a topic themselves. If you want to close it earlier, report the topic and ask to close it. You can do the same thing to reopen it

Last edited by DOGGYPLAYSDOORS (Dec. 5, 2023 22:06:08)

Hello, I am DOGGYPLAYSDOORS. I love video games, coding, & Watching TV!
My Roblox username is MinecraftWarrior262, in case you want to play with me on roblox! (idk why)
If you want to do, Go check out my projects!
PokePika__10339__
Scratcher
500+ posts

DOGGYPLAYSDOORS wrote:

PokePika__10339__ wrote:

TheEpikGamer211 wrote:

PokePika__10339__ wrote:

Are you saying that only the Scratch Team can close a topic? The Scratch Team can close a topic at anytime. But after 24 hours of the topic existing, the owner of a topic can close a topic themselves. If you want to close it earlier, report the topic and ask to close it. You can do the same thing to reopen it
Oh, how? I've never seen that done before.

Psykronis Cerebrelipse
I did it for you

(This is a joke)
TheEpikGamer211
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PokePika__10339__ wrote:

TheEpikGamer211 wrote:

PokePika__10339__ wrote:

yes you can close it, if you see the “Close topic” button on the bottom.
yeah I'm not a good teacher

im workng on
sc (then SBOX)
GTTSTES 1.3
RocketDesign_
Scratcher
100+ posts

deleted, I didn't realize there were multiple pages of this topic

Last edited by RocketDesign_ (Dec. 6, 2023 01:14:28)

Last edited by RocketDesign_ (Tomorrow 00:00:00)
TheEpikGamer211
Scratcher
1000+ posts

RocketDesign_ wrote:

deleted, I didn't realize there were multiple pages of this topic
Darn.

Last edited by TheEpikGamer211 (Dec. 6, 2023 15:54:49)

im workng on
sc (then SBOX)
GTTSTES 1.3
TheEpikGamer211
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bringing this post up,
I guess.

im workng on
sc (then SBOX)
GTTSTES 1.3
TheEpikGamer211
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bringing this topic up

im workng on
sc (then SBOX)
GTTSTES 1.3