Scratcher
1000+ posts

Make account GDPRing possible in the account settings

EngineerRunner wrote:

(#37)

Zydrolic wrote:

Zydrolic wrote:

(#3)
Under GDPR, the company should use and take all reasonable measures in order to verify the identity of a data subject who requests access, in particular context of services and online identifiers.
Adding onto this because nobody is realizing
pretty sure if you accidentally let through someone in doing GDPR not in the EEA there's a fine, and an even bigger one if intentional.
i've never heard that before. i don't think that's right, as i'm pretty sure the EU doesn't have jurisdiction over what the company lets people who aren't in the EEA do. also, the UK and California have a similar law (with the UK's one even being called the GDPR), so it wouldn't make much sense for the EU to punish them for letting anybody submit a GDPR request.
1. Each supervisory authority shall ensure that the imposition of administrative fines pursuant to this Article in respect of infringements of this Regulation referred to in paragraphs 4, 5 and 6 shall in each individual case be effective, proportionate and dissuasive.
2. Administrative fines shall, depending on the circumstances of each individual case, be imposed in addition to, or instead of, measures referred to in points (a) to (h) and (j) of Article 58(2). 2When deciding whether to impose an administrative fine and deciding on the amount of the administrative fine in each individual case due regard shall be given to the following:
(…)
(4) Infringements of the following provisions shall, in accordance with paragraph 2, be subject to administrative fines up to 10 000 000 EUR, or in the case of an undertaking, up to 2 % of the total worldwide annual turnover of the preceding financial year, whichever is higher:

(a) the obligations of the controller and the processor pursuant to Articles 8, 11, 25 to 39 and 42 and 43;
(…)
and as an extra bonus from Art. 83(4b)&(4c) (GDPR.) & the entirety of Art. 83(2) (GDPR.)
(b) the obligations of the certification body pursuant to Articles 42 and 43;
(c​) the obligations of the monitoring body pursuant to Article 41(4).
(2)
(a) the nature, gravity and duration of the infringement taking into account the nature scope or purpose of the processing concerned as well as the number of data subjects affected and the level of damage suffered by them;
(b) the intentional or negligent character of the infringement;
(c​) any action taken by the controller or processor to mitigate the damage suffered by data subjects;
(d) the degree of responsibility of the controller or processor taking into account technical and organisational measures implemented by them pursuant to Articles 25 and 32;
(e) any relevant previous infringements by the controller or processor;
(f) the degree of cooperation with the supervisory authority, in order to remedy the infringement and mitigate the possible adverse effects of the infringement;
(g) the categories of personal data affected by the infringement;
(h) the manner in which the infringement became known to the supervisory authority, in particular whether, and if so to what extent, the controller or processor notified the infringement;
(i) where measures referred to in Article 58(2) have previously been ordered against the controller or processor concerned with regard to the same subject-matter, compliance with those measures;
(j) adherence to approved codes of conduct pursuant to Article 40 or approved certification mechanisms pursuant to Article 42; and
(k) any other aggravating or mitigating factor applicable to the circumstances of the case, such as financial benefits gained, or losses avoided, directly or indirectly, from the infringement.
EDIT: also either way it doesnt matter
i quote jvvg from another suggestion:

jvvg wrote:

(#8)
I know from personal experience that the Scratch Team would prefer not to make their GDPR process more prominent than they absolutely have to, so I don't think they'd be too keen on this suggestion.

Last edited by Zydrolic (Oct. 23, 2023 17:08:19)

Suggestions
SDS Helper reqs should be upped - Show/hide via context menu - Revise “ask the community” - Browser not supported - Empty comment contrast
Other
a bit of trolling (i asked before putting it here) - tamaNOTchi
- This account's usage is irregular

stop posting about kumquats, im tired of seeing it, my friend comments saying “oh hey your post was eaten by a kumquat” STOP a kumquat is freaking fruit just eat it utp ojtishglkmkjhgaoeimrlV,5KU9MOIL3K5GP,Ő AHTAHGTARET SOTP positing ABJTOUT IT (parody & sarcasm)

bad joke:

Most of this is now going to become a meme storage.

thank you ajskateboarder

This dialouge box has more than one sentence to say!

EngineerRunner
Scratcher
1000+ posts

zydrolic wrote:

-snip-
nothing, in that entire thing, refers to a Right to Be Forgotten request, commonly called a GDPR request. in fact, nothing in there even mentions article 17 “Right to erasure ('right to be forgotten')”.

social experiment: comment here to not get curator

simpsons and futurama fan

RickRoIler (the first l is a capital i) on PSN, NotXboxGamer765 on xbox (and by that i mean xbox 360), EngineerRunner on Minecraft (find me on hypixel)
also im on the orange cat social media as EngineerRunner

join the worst guild on hypixel with this command!!1/!/!?1/!/
/guild join los gamers

if any of my suggestions ever get accepted, i will have my profile picture set to Just Stamp The Ticket Man for 3 months

give internets pls

an australian cumquat ate my snag and onions

“maintainer” of Pyratch, a very simple text-focused frontend for Scratch
oh god am I becoming an ATer

when I am deleted ::hat control
ask (join (join [what the hell does ] (when I am deleted ::hat control)) [ do?]) and wait
create clone of [Stage v]
delete this project ::control
stop [eh, a few] sounds ::sound
casually taking over the forums:

this is what happens when school goes back in the US, scratch has like no activity

Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EngineerRunner wrote:

(#42)

zydrolic wrote:

-snip-
nothing, in that entire thing, refers to a Right to Be Forgotten request, commonly called a GDPR request. in fact, nothing in there even mentions article 17 “Right to erasure ('right to be forgotten')”.
It's the general conditions for imposing administrative fines of GDPR violations, and still yet, verification stands by 4b of Art. 83
EDIT: Also I should've mentioned article 42 & 43 better since they are respectively literally titled “Certification” “Certification bodies”.
EDIT2: corrected myself

Last edited by Zydrolic (Oct. 23, 2023 17:15:01)

Suggestions
SDS Helper reqs should be upped - Show/hide via context menu - Revise “ask the community” - Browser not supported - Empty comment contrast
Other

stop posting about kumquats, im tired of seeing it, my friend comments saying “oh hey your post was eaten by a kumquat” STOP a kumquat is freaking fruit just eat it utp ojtishglkmkjhgaoeimrlV,5KU9MOIL3K5GP,Ő AHTAHGTARET SOTP positing ABJTOUT IT (parody & sarcasm)

bad joke:

thank you ajskateboarder

yadayadayadagoodbye
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Why not just not call it GDPR and then keep the old GDPR to comply with EU law?

Scratchers that I've cati-fied
Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

yadayadayadagoodbye wrote:

(#44)
Why not just not call it GDPR and then keep the old GDPR to comply with EU law?
well theres still one thing
(note that this is from a different thread)

jvvg wrote:

(#8)
I know from personal experience that the Scratch Team would prefer not to make their GDPR process more prominent than they absolutely have to, so I don't think they'd be too keen on this suggestion.

Suggestions
Other

bad joke:

thank you ajskateboarder

EngineerRunner
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Zydrolic wrote:

EngineerRunner wrote:

(#42)

zydrolic wrote:

-snip-
It's the general conditions for imposing administrative fines of GDPR violations, and still yet, verification stands by 4b of Art. 83
EDIT: Also I should've mentioned article 42 & 43 better since they are respectively literally titled “Certification” “Certification bodies”.
EDIT2: corrected myself
as far as I can tell, that is just confirming the person isn't a bad actor pretending to be that person, not EU citizenship. (this is important, as there is also the right to see any data kept)

RickRoIler (the first l is a capital i) on PSN, NotXboxGamer765 on xbox (and by that i mean xbox 360), EngineerRunner on Minecraft (find me on hypixel)

/guild join los gamers

if any of my suggestions ever get accepted, i will have my profile picture set to Just Stamp The Ticket Man for 3 months

give internets pls

ask (join (join [what the hell does ] (when I am deleted ::hat control)) [ do?]) and wait

this is what happens when school goes back in the US, scratch has like no activity

Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EngineerRunner wrote:

(#46)
as far as I can tell, that is just confirming the person isn't a bad actor pretending to be that person, not EU citizenship. (this is important, as there is also the right to see any data kept)
GDPR applies only to the processing of EU users' data still, it would be illogical if just because someone is from the EU that has their data processed anyone else could use GDPR.

Suggestions
Other

bad joke:

thank you ajskateboarder

gdfsgdfsgdfg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Also I almost forgot the last solution:
make this option region locked

1000th post also use -forbidden- or highlight and ctrl (optional on some browsers) + shift + down arrow for more of my siggy

We have the craps ®

I gotta go touch sum grass

If it causes issues make it optional - gdfsgdfsgdfg

Do some research before replying to my posts - gdfsgdfsgdfg

curse you 60 sec rule

glory to Gdfsg Land

gdfsgdfsgdfg returns

Ocular(don’t look at my old posts plz)
PostPercent

kumquats? nah
my siggy is built with titani- *gets eaten*

Gdfsg Radio Station:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1000736602

Are you sleeping you tall cat (project):
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1002042247/

The only suggestions I fully support are:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/924995948/

Don’t force me to get proof
get it yourself

my favorite topic is this (due to comedic purposes):
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/709979/

my favorite post is this (it’s deleted but I got it from ocular):
https://ocular.jeffalo.net/post/7517300

Grand borrowing cars IV intro and loading (template):
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/972295666/

Guess the game by its mission name:
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/750145/

GBC (GTA) topic:
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/751981/

BF (Battlefield) topic:
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/753243/

still don’t have the popularity lol (atleast I reached 100 followers)

Skill issue

reject
Embrace :)
PPPDUD
Scratcher
1000+ posts

gdfsgdfsgdfg wrote:

Also I almost forgot the last solution:
make this option region locked
Why? It's easy to bypass using a service like ProxySite and it's pretty evil to region lock stuff that gives users extra privacy.

Fun fact: If you have malware on a Windows NT device, it's possible that deleting system32 will severely damage the malware. It will also damage your Windows install.

Help keep this topic alive!

The rest of my signature was eaten by an evil kumquat attacked by a terrible president who ate my banana shot down this signature instead of shooting down the TikTok Cell Tower white balloon that probably had a camera bundled with it.

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AA1isnZw.img?w=800&h=435&q=60&m=2&f=jpg
gdfsgdfsgdfg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PPPDUD wrote:

Why? It's easy to bypass using a service like ProxySite and it's pretty evil to region lock stuff that gives users extra privacy.
bypass? I mean not everyone has a vpn
so there are going to be less non-eu users going to
gdpr their accounts

Last edited by gdfsgdfsgdfg (Oct. 23, 2023 17:57:24)

1000th post also use -forbidden- or highlight and ctrl (optional on some browsers) + shift + down arrow for more of my siggy

We have the craps ®

curse you 60 sec rule

glory to Gdfsg Land

gdfsgdfsgdfg returns

PostPercent

kumquats? nah

Gdfsg Radio Station:

get it yourself

GBC (GTA) topic:

BF (Battlefield) topic:

Skill issue

reject
PPPDUD
Scratcher
1000+ posts

gdfsgdfsgdfg wrote:

PPPDUD wrote:

bypass? I mean not everyone has a vpn
so there are going to be less non-eu users going to
gdpr their accounts
Why do you want to restrict users from having basic privacy?

Fun fact: If you have malware on a Windows NT device, it's possible that deleting system32 will severely damage the malware. It will also damage your Windows install.

Help keep this topic alive!

The rest of my signature was eaten by an evil kumquat attacked by a terrible president who ate my banana shot down this signature instead of shooting down the TikTok Cell Tower white balloon that probably had a camera bundled with it.

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AA1isnZw.img?w=800&h=435&q=60&m=2&f=jpg
cs3868895
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Wait if this is a border control… Would someone abuse it? This seems like a law and people don't even know what it even is, so they'll just click it wondering what it does-

Pls explain what's gdpring Pls-

Fish more ideas
I'm Fishy a cis bi female.
sorry, but as of currently, I'm moving platforms, I can't handle the drama.

Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PPPDUD wrote:

(#52)
GDPR is an EU Law that affects other places.
If the business/whatever collects data on EU Citizens/Residents, then they should comply.
It'd be illogical if anyone could use it because of other EU Citizen/Residents being on the site; And again #41
That's why.

Suggestions
Other

bad joke:

thank you ajskateboarder

gdfsgdfsgdfg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PPPDUD wrote:

you misread my post
I was saying not everyone uses vpns
so it’s effective against non-eu members
trying to gdpr their accounts

We have the craps ®

curse you 60 sec rule

glory to Gdfsg Land

gdfsgdfsgdfg returns

PostPercent

kumquats? nah

Gdfsg Radio Station:

get it yourself

GBC (GTA) topic:

BF (Battlefield) topic:

Skill issue

reject
EngineerRunner
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Zydrolic wrote:

EngineerRunner wrote:

(#46)
GDPR applies only to the processing of EU users' data still, it would be illogical if just because someone is from the EU that has their data processed anyone else could use GDPR.
yes, but my point is that scratch could let anybody do it.

/guild join los gamers

give internets pls

cs3868895
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Zydrolic wrote:

PPPDUD wrote:

(#52)
GDPR is an EU Law that affects other places.
If the business/whatever collects data on EU Citizens/Residents, then they should comply.
It'd be illogical if anyone could use it because of other EU Citizen/Residents being on the site; And again #41
That's why.
We probably need an explanation first before kids who are under the age of 10 start compiling not knowing what it does-

Should scratch team be the ones doing it? (not by contact us but by force and if any kid was mistaken they'll have to contact the scratch team or turn it off-)

Fish more ideas
I'm Fishy a cis bi female.
sorry, but as of currently, I'm moving platforms, I can't handle the drama.

Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs3868895 wrote:

(#57)
We probably need an explanation first before kids who are under the age of 10 start compiling not knowing what it does-

Should scratch team be the ones doing it? (not by contact us but by force and if any kid was mistaken they'll have to contact the scratch team or turn it off-)
GDPR follows the ability of editing your info or outright deleting (completely).
You cannot “turn it off” unless there is an identical copy of your data, but outright deletion means there cannot be copies of your data whatsoever.

Suggestions
Other

bad joke:

thank you ajskateboarder

Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EngineerRunner wrote:

(#56)

Zydrolic wrote:

EngineerRunner wrote:

(#46)
So you're saying I just haven't realized you are using past tense…
Either way:

Right to be Informed wrote:

There is a need for transparency regarding the gathering and use of data in order to allow EU citizens to exercise their right to the protection of personal data.
EDIT: Also even op said

PPPDUD wrote:

(#4)
Technically it is indeed an EU law, but it's extremely hard to ensure that someone is actually an EU citizen, and if the Scratch Foundation fails to GDPR a citizen, they may face severe penalties or be banned legally, so it's best safe than sorry.

Last edited by Zydrolic (Oct. 23, 2023 18:25:22)

Suggestions
Other

bad joke:

thank you ajskateboarder

EngineerRunner
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Zydrolic wrote:

EngineerRunner wrote:

(#56)

Zydrolic wrote:

EngineerRunner wrote:

(#46)
So you're saying I just haven't realized you are using past tense…
Either way:

Right to be Informed wrote:

There is a need for transparency regarding the gathering and use of data in order to allow EU citizens to exercise their right to the protection of personal data.
i don't think you're understanding my point, so here's a crappy venn diagram:

in letting everybody do it, they are letting EU citizens do it.

/guild join los gamers

give internets pls

Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EngineerRunner wrote:

(#60)
-snip-
so through this entire time
you meant EU residents/citizens.
that makes sense-

Suggestions
Other

bad joke:

thank you ajskateboarder