TGL
when green flag clicked
kill
MyScratchedAccount
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A Guide to Successful Collaborating + Collaborating FAQ

jji7skyline wrote:

Before reading this guide, check out this awesome post from Suspenders101 about what Collaborating is all about.

Suspenders101 wrote:

There have been many questions in this thread about collaborating, so i thought I may sum it all up in one post.

What is collaborating?
Collaborating is when you work with other scratchers on a game, animation, or any other project

How do I collab
When posting a thread below, you have officially started a collab. When collaborating, you need to make sure that you are helping just as much as the others in the collab.

How do I start a collab?
Post a thread below. If you need members to join, you can say something in the thread title like “looking for collaborators”. Make sure that the first post of the thread is organized. If you are a New Scratcher I would suggest either waiting until you are a full Scratcher, or making it as organized as possible so you do not have to edit it.

How do I make an organized and successful collab?
Make sure that your collaboration is very organized in the first post and update regularly for news. If your post is down on the list and unnoticed then feel free to bump it. To go further in tips go here.

Must I accept everyone who wants to join?
Not necessarily, but you should have a reasonable explanation, not just “i don't think you would be good for the collab”

For a really successful collaboration, start with an idea and build on it. Decide what it is you really want to make.

Now before you post a topic in the Collaborations forums, think again.
• Is this going to work out?
• Do I have the right skills?
Even if a lot of people are working together, the leader of the collab has to know how to make it happen, for the collaboration to be successful.

Now you know exactly what your idea is and what you're trying to achieve. Wait! Don't post that topic yet! Think of people you know, or people that you don't know that well yet. Make a list. This could include both online Scratchers and people you know in real life.
• What kind of skills do you know that these people have?
Add these skills to the list. Try not to list all the “famous” people on Scratch because you're more likely to get a great collaboration with some active Scratchers that collaborate well.

Yep, that's right! Don't post the topic yet! Ask those people whether they would be interested in participating in the collab.
• Try and be persuasive and give reasons why they might like to join, but don't be pushy.
• If people join, great! If not, leave them. They might join later.
• Make sure you tell them what the goal of the collaboration is, and how you intend to achieve it.

Now post your topic! On the topic post, give details about what you will be working on (remember step 1?) and list the people participating. Don't try to get lots and lots of people. Most successful collabs have very few (less than 7) members, however they must be active members.

Well, the rest is up to you. Some tips I would like to tell you though, are:

Keep updates regular — Make sure everyone in the collab knows what they have to do and what's going on in the collab. Also ask the collab members to post on the forum topic regularly, so that you know what their progress is, and any problems they may have.

Participate — Just because you started the collab doesn't mean you don't participate. In fact, you should be doing more work than anyone else!

Credit — Credit all the participators in the final project.

Happy collaborating!
For new scratchers, they don’t have to make it orgnised as possible you can just add /edit to it can you list that? I am making proof on my bros account

Links:

Give An Internet - - My Profile - My Best Project Of The Week - Am I Online? - on wiki, go to my talk

Scratched//Boy/Him/He////Likes Apples//Coder //
—-
Go to Codin[co
-NoteBlocks
New to Scratch
17 posts

MyScratchedAccount wrote:

jji7skyline wrote:

Before reading this guide, check out this awesome post from Suspenders101 about what Collaborating is all about.

Suspenders101 wrote:

There have been many questions in this thread about collaborating, so i thought I may sum it all up in one post.

What is collaborating?
Collaborating is when you work with other scratchers on a game, animation, or any other project

How do I collab
When posting a thread below, you have officially started a collab. When collaborating, you need to make sure that you are helping just as much as the others in the collab.

How do I start a collab?
Post a thread below. If you need members to join, you can say something in the thread title like “looking for collaborators”. Make sure that the first post of the thread is organized. If you are a New Scratcher I would suggest either waiting until you are a full Scratcher, or making it as organized as possible so you do not have to edit it.

Make sure that your collaboration is very organized in the first post and update regularly for news. If your post is down on the list and unnoticed then feel free to bump it. To go further in tips go here.

Not necessarily, but you should have a reasonable explanation, not just “i don't think you would be good for the collab”

For a really successful collaboration, start with an idea and build on it. Decide what it is you really want to make.

Even if a lot of people are working together, the leader of the collab has to know how to make it happen, for the collaboration to be successful.

Now you know exactly what your idea is and what you're trying to achieve. Wait! Don't post that topic yet! Think of people you know, or people that you don't know that well yet. Make a list. This could include both online Scratchers and people you know in real life.
Add these skills to the list. Try not to list all the “famous” people on Scratch because you're more likely to get a great collaboration with some active Scratchers that collaborate well.

Yep, that's right! Don't post the topic yet! Ask those people whether they would be interested in participating in the collab.
• Try and be persuasive and give reasons why they might like to join, but don't be pushy.
• Make sure you tell them what the goal of the collaboration is, and how you intend to achieve it.

Now post your topic! On the topic post, give details about what you will be working on (remember step 1?) and list the people participating. Don't try to get lots and lots of people. Most successful collabs have very few (less than 7) members, however they must be active members.

Keep updates regular — Make sure everyone in the collab knows what they have to do and what's going on in the collab. Also ask the collab members to post on the forum topic regularly, so that you know what their progress is, and any problems they may have.

Participate — Just because you started the collab doesn't mean you don't participate. In fact, you should be doing more work than anyone else!

Happy collaborating!
For new scratchers, they don’t have to make it orgnised as possible you can just add /edit to it can you list that? I am making proof on my bros account
A new scratcher edited its post!

Last edited by -NoteBlocks (March 22, 2023 05:51:40)

MyScratchedAccount
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-NoteBlocks wrote:

jji7skyline wrote:

Suspenders101 wrote:

What is collaborating?

How do I collab

How do I start a collab?

Happy collaborating!
Editing this post soon
Oh it only works on OP

Links:

Give An Internet - - My Profile - My Best Project Of The Week - Am I Online? - on wiki, go to my talk

—-
Go to Codin[co
-NoteBlocks
New to Scratch
17 posts

I am editing this post to proof it actually works A new scratcher edited its post!

Last edited by -NoteBlocks (March 22, 2023 05:52:31)

MyScratchedAccount
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-NoteBlocks wrote:

I am editing this post to proof it actually works A new scratcher edited its post!
I made a video on my bros account (becuase I know the password of the account) and made this video (please add it to the op instead of saying that wait until scratcher as new scratcher can’t edit)
Wrong vid please wait so I can fix

Last edited by MyScratchedAccount (March 22, 2023 06:00:18)

Links:

—-
Go to Codin[co
-DaWafflE-
Scratcher
48 posts

how do you share a project with someone else for a collab?

CyA,

-DaWafflE-

P.S. DrAgOnS Are Kewl and So are WaFfLeS!

P.P.S.
(Follow Me For More Decent Stuff!)
1-_-1_GOD
Scratcher
14 posts

Is there a way to collab with someone but they don't have to remix my project. I want to work on the same project without sharing my credentials.
1-_-1_GOD
Scratcher
14 posts

-NoteBlocks wrote:

I made a video on my bros account (becuase I know the password of the account) and made this video (please add it to the op instead of saying that wait until scratcher as new scratcher can’t edit)
Wrong vid please wait so I can fix
What do you mean? Is that a bug?
1-_-1_GOD
Scratcher
14 posts

ghost_dood wrote:

what is a thread
A thread is like a discussion. We talk about useful things and it turns into a “thread.” a thread is a conversation
broadcast [That is what a thread is v]
KatysWorld
Scratcher
100+ posts

I'm trying to start a news channel and I need people to hep me advertise and find headlines.
Do you think is should also have other people doing other stuff or is this all the staff I need?
How do you think I should promote and manage my collab?

Hi I'm Katy Owner of Scratch News
KatysWorld
Scratcher
100+ posts

KatysWorld owner of Scratch News.

-NoteBlocks wrote:

How did you do that?

Hi I'm Katy Owner of Scratch News
cs108426
Scratcher
5 posts

1-_-1_GOD wrote:

Is there a way to collab with someone but they don't have to remix my project. I want to work on the same project without sharing my credentials.
you can use BLOCKLIVE!!!!. Just make sure everyone in the collab downloads the extension and adds each other to their allow lists, and then share a project and bam! youre collabing in realtime! (you should make backups of the project in case blocklive glitches)
elegantea-
Scratcher
18 posts

Thank you for these tips! I'm reorganizing my collaboration called Sunset Airways now

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
₍ ᐢ.ˬ.ᐢ₎˚୨୧ a s h
“a few nice words can help a person more than you think”

✈ | join sunset airways here! ༉‧₊˚.
https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/29041021/comments
✈ | official sunset airways link! ੈ✩‧₊˚
https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/29266147/comments
Featherwhisker7
New to Scratch
6 posts

jji7skyline wrote:

Suspenders101 wrote:

What is collaborating?

How do I collab

How do I start a collab?

Happy collaborating!
koolKoder8
Scratcher
46 posts

can I join
AmirGaming1106
Scratcher
100+ posts

i collabes with @Mc_owlson
WolfFireELS
Scratcher
38 posts

Does any one want to collaborate

move (10) steps
say [:)] for (2)secs

I want to make a animatoin. :)

Last edited by WolfFireELS (April 10, 2023 02:02:59)

Kitty-cat-splat
Scratcher
100+ posts

Guys I need help making a 3d game I just need the game over death code I did the 3d code

I am a happy dog a happy happy corgi
: