Discuss Scratch

TechKid22
Scratcher
500+ posts

Custom c blocks and hat blocks

TheStarTrekFan wrote:

well i really want to have custom c blocks but you dont really need c blocks for that

What would be the use of it?

Last edited by TechKid22 (Nov. 21, 2020 17:48:21)

Moving to @NanoPiex.
gosoccerboy5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

When making a custom c block.. is it that the shape is of a c block, or is it that it treats it as though there's a block input? I'm guessing that it's the shape of a c block.

secretagent123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

{Deleted}

Last edited by secretagent123 (Nov. 26, 2020 07:13:44)

I don't really use this account any more.
PkmnQ
Scratcher
1000+ posts

gosoccerboy5 wrote:

When making a custom c block.. is it that the shape is of a c block, or is it that it treats it as though there's a block input? I'm guessing that it's the shape of a c block.
Why not both? You do need to run the blocks inside, after all.

Last edited by PkmnQ (Nov. 26, 2020 12:53:33)

This is an account that exists.

Here, have a useful link:
The Official List of Rejected Suggestions by Za-Chary

NanoPIex
Scratcher
500+ posts

Don`t we already have this? (Not trying to bear false witness I didn`t understand this post very well).

L
gosoccerboy5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NanoPIex wrote:

Don`t we already have this? (Not trying to bear false witness I didn`t understand this post very well).
No, we don't lol. When you make a custom block, you'll see that it only allows you to make a stack block.

Anyways, a couple frequently suggested blocks are as follows:
repeat for (1) secs {
} :: control

every (1) secs {
}:: control
Along with temporary variables these could easily be worked around.

Games276372716253Alt
Scratcher
24 posts

Ok so your talking about the Red hat block?
if <...> then

end[/big]
sathvikrias
Scratcher
500+ posts

maybe like
define while <bool> (c1::stack)
repeat until <not <bool>>
c1::custom-arg

Moving from Scratch? Don't learn C or Java, try Snap!
sathvikrias
Scratcher
500+ posts

gosoccerboy5 wrote:

maybe an input (like above)

Moving from Scratch? Don't learn C or Java, try Snap!
gosoccerboy5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Yeah, but when you drag it out of the block palette, it should show as a C block..

gosoccerboy5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The problem with it being an input is that someone might try to create a custom reporter and add a block input. That wouldn't work very well. (Actually, that's making the unlikely assumption that they both get added)

Talhoid
Scratcher
100+ posts

define{loop(...){}::loop custom}::hat custom // i had to alter this to be a hat block instead of a define block because define blocks are weird

define when (::#FF0000) clicked::hat
always do{
set [stoptimer v] to ((timer)+(0.01))
}::loop control
run if <(timer) > (stoptimer)>::control
i think this is what you want

Last edited by Talhoid (Dec. 10, 2020 00:28:26)

A bit of advice as you finished reading my post. Don't do SAND. SAND has four words.
SAND means Spam, Advertising, Necroposting, and Derailing.
Spam means posting something unrelated. Wiki Article: Spam
Advertising is when you promote your studios and projects. Wiki Article: Advertising
Necroposting is when you post on a old topic. It distracts other helpers! Wiki Article: Necroposting
Derailing is when you post something that leads others away from the topic. It is called thread hijacking. Wiki Article: Derailing
(Derailing idea comes from @Dude) BB code is at bottom to copy.
highlight all text and press ctrl + shift + down arrow keys
A bit of advice as you finished reading my post. Don't do [color=orange]SAND[/color]. [color=orange]SAND[/color] has four words. 
[b]Spam[/b] means posting something unrelated. [i]Wiki Article:[/i] [wiki]Spam[/wiki]
[b]Advertising[/b] is when you promote your studios and projects. [i]Wiki Article:[/i] [wiki]Advertising[/wiki]
[b]Necroposting[/b] is when you post on a old topic. It distracts other helpers! [i]Wiki Article:[/i] [wiki]Necroposting[/wiki]
[b]Derailing[/b] is when you post something that leads others away from the topic. It is called thread hijacking. [i]Wiki Article:[/i] [wiki=Thread Hijacking]Derailing[/wiki] 
[small](Derailing idea comes from [url=https://scratch.mit.edu/users/ThatOneWeirdDude]@Dude[/url]) BB code is at bottom to copy.[/small]
gosoccerboy5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Talhoid wrote:

define {}
repeat ()

end
?? Please add to the discussion

PkmnQ
Scratcher
1000+ posts

gosoccerboy5 wrote:

Talhoid wrote:

define {}
repeat ()

end
?? Please add to the discussion
I think he was trying to make a custom c block,

This is an account that exists.

Here, have a useful link:
The Official List of Rejected Suggestions by Za-Chary

Talhoid
Scratcher
100+ posts

(: pmub bump

A bit of advice as you finished reading my post. Don't do SAND. SAND has four words.
Advertising is when you promote your studios and projects. Wiki Article: Advertising
Necroposting is when you post on a old topic. It distracts other helpers! Wiki Article: Necroposting
Derailing is when you post something that leads others away from the topic. It is called thread hijacking. Wiki Article: Derailing
A bit of advice as you finished reading my post. Don't do [color=orange]SAND[/color]. [color=orange]SAND[/color] has four words. 
[b]Spam[/b] means posting something unrelated. [i]Wiki Article:[/i] [wiki]Spam[/wiki]
[b]Advertising[/b] is when you promote your studios and projects. [i]Wiki Article:[/i] [wiki]Advertising[/wiki]
[b]Necroposting[/b] is when you post on a old topic. It distracts other helpers! [i]Wiki Article:[/i] [wiki]Necroposting[/wiki]
[b]Derailing[/b] is when you post something that leads others away from the topic. It is called thread hijacking. [i]Wiki Article:[/i] [wiki=Thread Hijacking]Derailing[/wiki] 
[small](Derailing idea comes from [url=https://scratch.mit.edu/users/ThatOneWeirdDude]@Dude[/url]) BB code is at bottom to copy.[/small]
fdreerf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Custom C blocks seem very beneficial to a lot of scripts, but custom hat blocks are just pointless.

Hyped for MS-DOS 11.0
Talhoid
Scratcher
100+ posts

sathvikrias wrote:

maybe like
define while <bool> (c1::stack)
repeat until <not <bool>>
c1::custom-arg

define{while <bool::custom>{...}::custom loop}::hat custom
repeat until <not <bool::custom>>

cs3866870
Scratcher
100+ posts

I Support This Suggestion!

Hi, I'm cs3866870. Here is my signature (incomplete)

Profile, Favorite Projects, Studios I'm Following, Studios I Curate, Following, Followers
Country Simulator, City Time Machine 3, Live Clicker Game 2.0, Platformer 2, Stick Figure Scratch Adventures: Episode 4
All Projects Welcome, Country Simulator Chatroom, Stick Figure Scratch Adventures Series

Talhoid
Scratcher
100+ posts

DUMP tHE BUMP

gosoccerboy5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Please don't bump 10 minutes after the last post (yes, I used to do that a billion times, and I regret it)

Also, I think a generic
when <>:: events
block would suffice (as an implicit forever if loop). Custom hat blocks; I don't even see how they would look like or be used.