Discuss Scratch

p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SWEAT team Discussion (Apply here!)

jayz33 wrote:

any jobs to do?
Sorry for a lack of a response, just finishing my workout

But anyways, I'll let you know, maybe starting to think about promotional trailers for SweatFit 2.0? Not sure.

New!
jayz33
Scratcher
100+ posts

p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p- wrote:

promotional trailers for SweatFit 2.0?
we'll have to work on that together, it looks like a big project.

Last edited by kaj (Yesterday 00:00:00)
p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jayz33 wrote:

Definitely. But just thinking about what that might look like, maybe learning a little bit about how to make cool trailers within scratch, those will all be things that will lighten the load when it comes down to the release date of 2.0.

New!
p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Build 301 is out now:
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/7956426/

Just a couple bug fixes that made Freeplay unusable, and a couple new UI changes.

Build 310 will start development very very soon

New!
jayz33
Scratcher
100+ posts

jayz33 wrote:

Definitely. But just thinking about what that might look like, maybe learning a little bit about how to make cool trailers within scratch, those will all be things that will lighten the load when it comes down to the release date of 2.0.
oh, I thought we would make one in canva?

p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jayz33 wrote:

jayz33 wrote:

Yes, but it has to be releasable into a scratch project. So some way to import it, if that's how you want to do it.

New!
jayz33
Scratcher
100+ posts

jayz33 wrote:

jayz33 wrote:

Yes, but it has to be releasable into a scratch project. So some way to import it, if that's how you want to do it.
maybe just a lik to the viewing page?

NIKI-KOLCHAGOV
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hi i would like to help out with the UI design and Cloud Data Managing and perhaps adding some features

p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NIKI-KOLCHAGOV wrote:

Hi i would like to help out with the UI design and Cloud Data Managing and perhaps adding some features
Your work is indeed quite impressive! I do have 2 jobs for you if you want them, but be sure to look at the newest build (build 300) first.

New!
p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I used SweatFit for a workout yesterday (going to be using it until further notice, since I have to for a BSA requirement), and I unfortunately ran into an app-breaking glitch.

I decided to fix this today, along with changing the way that the burnout numbers display after a burnout session (they now all rotate around an axis, a small change but one that was bugging me while I was using the project)

As I continue to use SWEATFit more, I will note more changes!

New!
q-q-q-q-q-q-q-q-q-q-
Scratcher
8 posts

And a couple fixes/qol changes to this too:

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/994730818/

NIKI-KOLCHAGOV
Scratcher
100+ posts

NIKI-KOLCHAGOV wrote:

Your work is indeed quite impressive! I do have 2 jobs for you if you want them, but be sure to look at the newest build (build 300) first.
Sorry for the late reply
This month i have been very busy with school work mostly with a STEAM project
And apparently i forgot to follow the discussion as well
Now that most things are done i think i can start

Ima try to make some concept ideas for the new UI

Last edited by NIKI-KOLCHAGOV (June 3, 2024 22:23:54)

NIKI-KOLCHAGOV
Scratcher
100+ posts

Im planning on continuing to work on it
Should i share some of the things

p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NIKI-KOLCHAGOV wrote:

Im planning on continuing to work on it
Should i share some of the things
Yes. Please do share your ideas.

Also, HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT.

It is with a heavy heart that I have to turn SWEATFit into a closed source project. I will still be providing information about the product here, but unfortunately I cannot add other users content into my project directly. This comes after an external argument with a user from the team. In order to avoid these messes again, I am no longer adding content from other users into the project. If you make something for the project, I will make it in my own way and give credit for the idea (and maybe link the reference I used), but I cannot directly add content to avoid the risk of having to remove that later on if that user revokes their permissions, and due to the way SWEATFit is built I can't remove things like that without having to completely rebuild anything dependent on that system. Unfortunately, @Zimperator, that means that I will not be able to implement your version of JustBreathe. I will certainly credit you for the concept, and if you are comfortable with it, I will add your voicelines (as those are more replacable) but JustBreathe is going to be very embeded into the project, and removing it if necessary will be like removing a block on a very fragile jenga tower.

New!
NIKI-KOLCHAGOV
Scratcher
100+ posts

I think you should add these as they are
And what do you mean when a user revokes the permission under the license scratch projects are shared which is
CC BY-SA 2.0
ATTRIBUTION-SHAREALIKE 2.0 GENERIC

More info here : https://en.scratch-wiki.info/wiki/Scratch_Project_License
And here : https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/

Says that The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.

Which are
Attribution — You must give appropriate credit , provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made . You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.

ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.

But be aware of:
The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.

Last edited by NIKI-KOLCHAGOV (June 13, 2024 22:49:51)

NIKI-KOLCHAGOV
Scratcher
100+ posts

Also here are the designs as i said in my previous post i think you should use them as they are

Main Thumbnail :

Loading Screen Dark Mode :

Loading Screen Light Mode :

What do you think about the designs

Last edited by NIKI-KOLCHAGOV (June 13, 2024 22:57:09)

jayz33
Scratcher
100+ posts

NIKI-KOLCHAGOV wrote:

And what do you mean when a user revokes the permission under the license scratch projects are shared which is
CC BY-SA 2.0

Says that The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.

Which are
Attribution — You must give appropriate credit , provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made . You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.

ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.

But be aware of:
The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.
He said he would remove the credits

NIKI-KOLCHAGOV
Scratcher
100+ posts

jayz33 wrote:

NIKI-KOLCHAGOV wrote:

CC BY-SA 2.0

Which are

But be aware of:
Hmm why would he do that
Perhaps you didnt understand him
or i dont know what happened
Can you explain more if you want to discuss this further

Last edited by NIKI-KOLCHAGOV (June 14, 2024 09:00:51)

p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NIKI-KOLCHAGOV wrote:

jayz33 wrote:

NIKI-KOLCHAGOV wrote:

CC BY-SA 2.0

Which are

But be aware of:
Hmm why would he do that
Perhaps you didnt understand him
or i dont know what happened
Can you explain more if you want to discuss this further
I didn't say I would remove the credits. Somebody on the team made “terms and conditions” that I had to either A) Give them some scratch currency (that I don't have) or B) Make an official post about Palestine on SWEATFit. I don't want to do either, so they threatened to “copyright strike” me which apparently in the UK is legal and possible to do without having to go through a processing system. I don't want to be involved in copyright drama with the ST, so I don't want to do public Collabs. That said, if you want to share scratch projects with those things you made, I will see what I can do about adding them. I will definitely credit you. I don't plan on removing credits any time soon.

New!
NIKI-KOLCHAGOV
Scratcher
100+ posts

How about we make all the designs with @ZImperator and we remove all the previous ones and remove the versions with his designs which is pretty obvious who he is by now but anyways
And what right do they have to make the terms and conditions as the designer are they a legal representative
Another thing on the license it that
No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.

So basically when you share the project you cant just say
Guys dont remix as it violates my made up terms of service

My point is that we should just continue this as this was just a big misunderstanding and maybe a bit dumb

Also If there isnt a collaboration will copy right strike and other stuff BE WARNED

The above text colored red is a joke i just want this collaboration to continue

Last edited by NIKI-KOLCHAGOV (June 14, 2024 16:39:15)