Discuss Scratch

p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SWEAT team Discussion (Apply here!)

Alright I ignored my missing work and focused on Preview 2, things are starting to actually work. Usually, when something just breaks, I lose motivation. Luckily, I got everything back up again. This update is very bug-fix heavy, so I have 6 bugs left to squash. Unfortunately, one of them is a huge bug that's been plaguing me since Build 110.

New!
ZImperator
Scratcher
100+ posts

p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p- wrote:

Alright I ignored my missing work and focused on Preview 2, things are starting to actually work. Usually, when something just breaks, I lose motivation. Luckily, I got everything back up again. This update is very bug-fix heavy, so I have 6 bugs left to squash. Unfortunately, one of them is a huge bug that's been plaguing me since Build 110.
Isn't it that stopwatch timer lag?

“now i have become developer, creator of worlds” -me, 2023
Want to help others? Join Scratch-U-Soft now!

|U| :: #ff001e
this is my kumquat guard, he protects my siggy from evil kumquats.
p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ZImperator wrote:

Indeed. The problem is that the timer is actually drawn, so when it draws, it's drawing over itself. So if you have 60 seconds and your goal was 1, it has to draw over itself 60 times per frame. That's not fun for you or your computer, so I'm trying to look into a more foolproof timer script that only draws once. I'll probably delay that to Preview 3 though, cause Preview 3 isn't much anyways.

New!
p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Disclaimer: A little bit of a pride post here. If you just want info about SWEATFit then don't waste your time reading this post, just skip to the bottom.

So, remember how i was applying to schools for next year? I applied to 4 major magnet programs (and some other ones i don't really care about anymore).

The first program was a program for Nature and Natural Sciences. It sounds boring at first, but you get to go on 2 field trips each month exploring nature (like going on hikes, going camping, etc.)

The second program was a program for Humanities. This is similar to the humanities program I'm attending now. There's 3 advanced classes - Humanities English, Humanities History, and Humanities Media. Hum English replaces normal english and Hum History replaces normal history, but Media is a required elective that you take where you do things like make documentaries and edit videos. I like the program I'm attending right now, but I have not had a good experience with english teachers so that takes away from the experience.

The third program was for Math, Science, and Computer Science. You take different science classes altogether (Chemistry and Physics year 1 for starters, not sure about the other classes), you take accelerated/deepened math classes, and you get an extra class for Computer Science. On top of all of this, you also take a wood-working like class at the end of the day (this class extends the school day though, so if you attend then you have to stay later), where you build things and test them through activities.

The fourth program is called the International Baccalaureate program. This program is like High School on steroids. To start off, all of your classes are accelerated. These classes are like AP, but they're not worth college credits. Instead, they're worth more in college admissions. Also, all of your final exams are written response instead of multiple choice. Finally, every quarter you're required to write a 10 page paper about a specific thing you've been learning about.

I applied to all four of those, hoping I could get into at least 1. Here are the results:

I was denied altogether to the IB school and the Natural Sciences school.
I was put into a wait pool for the Humanities School (I could still get into this school later, but not for now)
And finally…

I got into the Math, Science and Computer Science Program! I'll be attending my top pick school. Now, this means two things:

1. I will be back working on SWEATFit very religiously until the beginning of the next school year.
2. Once the next school year starts, I may become less active to focus on this advanced program.

New!
aloevera05
Scratcher
53 posts

Congrats on getting in! Again, just asking if I have anything to work on so far?

Hi! I'm aloevera05, but you can call me aloe! Somethings about me are- AAAAAAAAAAAAAH! The evil kumquats have abducted me! Take this kumquat siggy, to protect you from the evil kumquats:
|u|::#ff0000
! Put it in your signature so the evil kumquates don't take you captive! Do It quickly! Run away! Make sure all of my fellow scratchers remember meeee…
p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

aloevera05 wrote:

Congrats on getting in! Again, just asking if I have anything to work on so far?
Thanks! And no, you're good to go. When we implement JustBreathe I may need help. Not sure though.

New!
p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

aloevera05 wrote:

Changed my mind - Watch these youtube tutorials and get some practice with graphical design, if you want - I have a big project I would like for you to work on, but I need you to master graphic design first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvymP59hD24 - Keyboard shortcuts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t92ZFwds7hI - Drawing Tips

Find something cool to draw, and draw it. The first thing I ever drew was a car, but feel free to make whatever you would like. Share what you made here whenever it's done

New!
ZImperator
Scratcher
100+ posts

at last, the forums are back up and studio activity is not the only thing here.

jayz33
Scratcher
100+ posts

ZImperator wrote:

Indeed. The problem is that the timer is actually drawn, so when it draws, it's drawing over itself. So if you have 60 seconds and your goal was 1, it has to draw over itself 60 times per frame. That's not fun for you or your computer, so I'm trying to look into a more foolproof timer script that only draws once. I'll probably delay that to Preview 3 though, cause Preview 3 isn't much anyways.

Maybe create a costume for numbers 1-10 and the symbol “:”,
then use clones to form the numbers and change costumes every second/minute

Last edited by kaj (Yesterday 00:00:00)
p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jayz33 wrote:

ZImperator wrote:

Yeah that's how one part works, but there's other parts as well that glitch it up..

New!
p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I don't think I can reasonably meet the April 21 goal…

Would you guys rather have a 2.0 update half baked on April 21, and get subsequent updates afterwards, or just wait until it's the best it can be?

(Btw I'm not talking about Preview 2, that's coming out tonight or tomorrow)

New!
ZImperator
Scratcher
100+ posts

Would you guys rather have a 2.0 update half baked on April 21, and get subsequent updates afterwards, or just wait until it's the best it can be?

Release a full version of 2.0 when all the features are complete. However, release a SWEATFit dev build that has the initial features of 2.0 on April 21. It doesn't need to be bug free, just proof of concept.

aloevera05
Scratcher
53 posts

aloevera05 wrote:

Thanks! And no, you're good to go. When we implement JustBreathe I may need help. Not sure though.
Thanks! Can you notify me if you need anything?

Hi! I'm aloevera05, but you can call me aloe! Somethings about me are- AAAAAAAAAAAAAH! The evil kumquats have abducted me! Take this kumquat siggy, to protect you from the evil kumquats:
! Put it in your signature so the evil kumquates don't take you captive! Do It quickly! Run away! Make sure all of my fellow scratchers remember meeee…
p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ZImperator wrote:

Release a full version of 2.0 when all the features are complete. However, release a SWEATFit dev build that has the initial features of 2.0 on April 21. It doesn't need to be bug free, just proof of concept.
I've already done that (Build 300 Preview 1), but I have a lot more smaller things that I want in this update. 2.0 is likely the last time SWEATFit will be receiving major features though, so if you have any ideas at all please do not hesitate to suggest them. I might not add them, but I'll certainly consider them.

I might still be able to hit the april 21 goal, but the problem is I have a 3 day field trip right before that date, and many things between then and now (just cause I got into a high school doesn't mean the registration process is done!) So it's too early to tell. I'm sure I'll have a better answer in a month, but for now it's looking like I can't add everything before then. There's 3 workout systems, import code, create workout and auto generate workout. I can probably get the first and last in by April 21, but the create workout screen is going to be so complicated that I don't think I can make it all by April 21. But it will definitely be worth it when it comes.

New!
aloevera05
Scratcher
53 posts

Yay! Black history month is here? Maybe a temporary theme?

ZImperator
Scratcher
100+ posts

ZImperator wrote:

I've already done that (Build 300 Preview 1), but I have a lot more smaller things that I want in this update. 2.0 is likely the last time SWEATFit will be receiving major features though, so if you have any ideas at all please do not hesitate to suggest them. I might not add them, but I'll certainly consider them.

I might still be able to hit the april 21 goal, but the problem is I have a 3 day field trip right before that date, and many things between then and now (just cause I got into a high school doesn't mean the registration process is done!) So it's too early to tell. I'm sure I'll have a better answer in a month, but for now it's looking like I can't add everything before then. There's 3 workout systems, import code, create workout and auto generate workout. I can probably get the first and last in by April 21, but the create workout screen is going to be so complicated that I don't think I can make it all by April 21. But it will definitely be worth it when it comes.
No, for all the features. Like the create workout screen. Nothing too complicated, just something that proves you can create a (very basic) workout.

matren33
Scratcher
36 posts

Hey! I can help if needed in your project. I can do everything
aloevera05
Scratcher
53 posts

aloevera05 wrote:

Changed my mind - Watch these youtube tutorials and get some practice with graphical design, if you want - I have a big project I would like for you to work on, but I need you to master graphic design first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvymP59hD24 - Keyboard shortcuts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t92ZFwds7hI - Drawing Tips

Find something cool to draw, and draw it. The first thing I ever drew was a car, but feel free to make whatever you would like. Share what you made here whenever it's done
Ok sure I will check it out! Thanks by the way!

jayz33
Scratcher
100+ posts

jayz33 wrote:

ZImperator wrote:

Yeah that's how one part works, but there's other parts as well that glitch it up..

also maybe consider making artists do everything that is related to art (like buttons, animations, etc.)

also check this out

Last edited by kaj (Yesterday 00:00:00)
aloevera05
Scratcher
53 posts

jayz33 wrote:

jayz33 wrote:

ZImperator wrote:

also maybe consider making artists do everything that is related to art (like buttons, animations, etc.)

also check this out
Can't see it! Have a canva account but don't have acess.