Scratcher
100+ posts

SWEAT team Discussion (Apply here!)

p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p- wrote:

aloevera05 wrote:

ZImperator wrote:

Any updates on SweatFIT so far?
Preview 2 coming out soon. I'll work on it tonight, but I'm not working on it for a week after tonight. So either tonight or not for a while
Anthing I need to make?
Nope. Everything is quite under control for now.

Here's the future for the team:

1. A LOT OF FEEDBACK!!! I cannot stress this enough. You have the power to shape the future of SWEATFit, so be sure to write anything and everything you would like to see. If you guys would like, I'll add questions to the changelogs if you don't know what to give feedback about. Just let me know ASAP.

2. UI Redesign? I'm going to release a fun project with the opportunity to redesign the User Interface of SWEATFit after Preview 3. I'll consider everyone's remixes and credit the winner (The one with the UI closest to the one I like, although the final might not be the exact of the winner). Looking for simplistic results with consistency. I'll release more info on that project once Build 300 releases.

Preview 2 is very far underway, but I'm at a big hurdle. I'll keep you guys updated on how that hurdle is going.
Any updates on that big hurdle?

“now i have become developer, creator of worlds” -me, 2023
Want to help others? Join Scratch-U-Soft now!

|U| :: #ff001e
this is my kumquat guard, he protects my siggy from evil kumquats.
aloevera05
Scratcher
53 posts

aloevera05 wrote:

ZImperator wrote:

Preview 2 coming out soon. I'll work on it tonight, but I'm not working on it for a week after tonight. So either tonight or not for a while
Anthing I need to make?

1. A LOT OF FEEDBACK!!! I cannot stress this enough. You have the power to shape the future of SWEATFit, so be sure to write anything and everything you would like to see. If you guys would like, I'll add questions to the changelogs if you don't know what to give feedback about. Just let me know ASAP.

2. UI Redesign? I'm going to release a fun project with the opportunity to redesign the User Interface of SWEATFit after Preview 3. I'll consider everyone's remixes and credit the winner (The one with the UI closest to the one I like, although the final might not be the exact of the winner). Looking for simplistic results with consistency. I'll release more info on that project once Build 300 releases.

Preview 2 is very far underway, but I'm at a big hurdle. I'll keep you guys updated on how that hurdle is going.
Okay! I will check again and give some feedback.

Hi! I'm aloevera05, but you can call me aloe! Somethings about me are- AAAAAAAAAAAAAH! The evil kumquats have abducted me! Take this kumquat siggy, to protect you from the evil kumquats:
|u|::#ff0000
! Put it in your signature so the evil kumquates don't take you captive! Do It quickly! Run away! Make sure all of my fellow scratchers remember meeee…
p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ZImperator wrote:

aloevera05 wrote:

ZImperator wrote:

Anthing I need to make?

It seems to be a glitch. I don't know how to fix it. Currently. I have 5 classes with major projects in them, like MAJOR projects in them (Poster due Tuesday, 2 tests on thursday, standardized testing on friday, essay due on friday, huge documentary thing due on friday), so I'm taking a quick break from scratch. I do appologize for this absence.

New!
ZImperator
Scratcher
100+ posts

ZImperator wrote:

aloevera05 wrote:

ZImperator wrote:

Anthing I need to make?

It seems to be a glitch. I don't know how to fix it. Currently. I have 5 classes with major projects in them, like MAJOR projects in them (Poster due Tuesday, 2 tests on thursday, standardized testing on friday, essay due on friday, huge documentary thing due on friday), so I'm taking a quick break from scratch. I do appologize for this absence.
my AR requirement can't hold a candle to that. props to you.

p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ZImperator wrote:

ZImperator wrote:

aloevera05 wrote:

ZImperator wrote:

Anthing I need to make?

AR requirement?

New!
ZImperator
Scratcher
100+ posts

ZImperator wrote:

ZImperator wrote:

aloevera05 wrote:

ZImperator wrote:

Anthing I need to make?

AR requirement?
basically we have this thing called AR, each book we read has a certain amount of AR points. we need 15 points by the end of each quarter. it's 10% of our reading grade

p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ZImperator wrote:

AR requirement?
basically we have this thing called AR, each book we read has a certain amount of AR points. we need 15 points by the end of each quarter. it's 10% of our reading grade
Ah. Thanks a ton, gotta stay on the grind!! (What's the point??)

Last edited by p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p- (Jan. 16, 2024 02:54:28)

New!
ZImperator
Scratcher
100+ posts

ZImperator wrote:

AR requirement?
Ah. Thanks a ton, gotta stay on the grind!! (What's the point??)
idk

p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Augh, I'm so sorry guys. I think I found the glitch. It was my fault.

I left unassigned clones, so they were acting as something else. I got confused.

See, even I make mistakes sometimes. (Impossible, right??)

New!
aloevera05
Scratcher
53 posts

Is this in build 1.1?
Also yeah It does seem immpossible

Hi! I'm aloevera05, but you can call me aloe! Somethings about me are- AAAAAAAAAAAAAH! The evil kumquats have abducted me! Take this kumquat siggy, to protect you from the evil kumquats:
! Put it in your signature so the evil kumquates don't take you captive! Do It quickly! Run away! Make sure all of my fellow scratchers remember meeee…
p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

aloevera05 wrote:

Is this in build 1.1?
No, it's the second preview of Build 300, which is part of V2.0

New!
Footyafl4321
Scratcher
44 posts

Good luck everyone I feel like I do not contribute so goodbye I quit!
when green flag clicked
move (away from sweatfit by) steps
aloevera05
Scratcher
53 posts

aloevera05 wrote:

Is this in build 1.1?
No, it's the second preview of Build 300, which is part of V2.0
Oh! Okay!

ZImperator
Scratcher
100+ posts

I left unassigned clones, so they were acting as something else. I got confused.

bro i don't even know how to use cloneid

p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ZImperator wrote:

bro i don't even know how to use cloneid
Well guess what, Tutorials coming soon (Post Build 310)

I'm going to take a quick break between build 310 and 320 to work on my own projects, including kind of a compendium of everything I know so anybody can interpret the code I write and be able to create UIs the way I do, or build off of what I know (so I don't have a ton of clones of myself). But this shouldn't take very long.

Tonight I finish my documentary after SO MUCH work, I'm so excited to fix my priorities. But I still have a lot of missing work and other extracurriculars. I'm going to work on releasing Preview 2 ASAP, but I have to find a way to set my schedule up.

New!
p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Alright I ignored my missing work and focused on Preview 2, things are starting to actually work. Usually, when something just breaks, I lose motivation. Luckily, I got everything back up again. This update is very bug-fix heavy, so I have 6 bugs left to squash. Unfortunately, one of them is a huge bug that's been plaguing me since Build 110.

New!
ZImperator
Scratcher
100+ posts

Alright I ignored my missing work and focused on Preview 2, things are starting to actually work. Usually, when something just breaks, I lose motivation. Luckily, I got everything back up again. This update is very bug-fix heavy, so I have 6 bugs left to squash. Unfortunately, one of them is a huge bug that's been plaguing me since Build 110.
Isn't it that stopwatch timer lag?

p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ZImperator wrote:

Isn't it that stopwatch timer lag?
Indeed. The problem is that the timer is actually drawn, so when it draws, it's drawing over itself. So if you have 60 seconds and your goal was 1, it has to draw over itself 60 times per frame. That's not fun for you or your computer, so I'm trying to look into a more foolproof timer script that only draws once. I'll probably delay that to Preview 3 though, cause Preview 3 isn't much anyways.

New!
p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Disclaimer: A little bit of a pride post here. If you just want info about SWEATFit then don't waste your time reading this post, just skip to the bottom.

So, remember how i was applying to schools for next year? I applied to 4 major magnet programs (and some other ones i don't really care about anymore).

The first program was a program for Nature and Natural Sciences. It sounds boring at first, but you get to go on 2 field trips each month exploring nature (like going on hikes, going camping, etc.)

The second program was a program for Humanities. This is similar to the humanities program I'm attending now. There's 3 advanced classes - Humanities English, Humanities History, and Humanities Media. Hum English replaces normal english and Hum History replaces normal history, but Media is a required elective that you take where you do things like make documentaries and edit videos. I like the program I'm attending right now, but I have not had a good experience with english teachers so that takes away from the experience.

The third program was for Math, Science, and Computer Science. You take different science classes altogether (Chemistry and Physics year 1 for starters, not sure about the other classes), you take accelerated/deepened math classes, and you get an extra class for Computer Science. On top of all of this, you also take a wood-working like class at the end of the day (this class extends the school day though, so if you attend then you have to stay later), where you build things and test them through activities.

The fourth program is called the International Baccalaureate program. This program is like High School on steroids. To start off, all of your classes are accelerated. These classes are like AP, but they're not worth college credits. Instead, they're worth more in college admissions. Also, all of your final exams are written response instead of multiple choice. Finally, every quarter you're required to write a 10 page paper about a specific thing you've been learning about.

I applied to all four of those, hoping I could get into at least 1. Here are the results:

I was denied altogether to the IB school and the Natural Sciences school.
I was put into a wait pool for the Humanities School (I could still get into this school later, but not for now)
And finally…

I got into the Math, Science and Computer Science Program! I'll be attending my top pick school. Now, this means two things:

1. I will be back working on SWEATFit very religiously until the beginning of the next school year.
2. Once the next school year starts, I may become less active to focus on this advanced program.

New!
aloevera05
Scratcher
53 posts

Congrats on getting in! Again, just asking if I have anything to work on so far?