Discuss Scratch

essayist
Scratcher
500+ posts

Weekly Two

Hey everyone! Welcome to the second weekly of this session, and thanks for being patient with us <3 In this weekly, you'll be exploring the topics of self-care and organisation. A big thanks to Alex (hamilchaos) for creating this weekly!

Part 1: Gratitude
For this part, you're gonna be writing a list of things you're grateful for. For example, I could write:
- My family
- My friends
- Having a computer

And more! Try listing ten items. Then, thank the person - so continuing my example, I could thank my family and friends for always being there for me, and my parents for buying me a computer.

Part 2: Goal setting

Is there anything you should be doing, but you're not? Studying for a test, perhaps, or cleaning your room… These are things most of us don't particularly like to do, so in this part, you'll learn how to set goals - and how to complete them. To do this, we're gonna use the method called SMART.
The goals you set should be:
Specific: Your goals shouldn't be vague, but directed to a certain task. BAD EXAMPLE: Complete homework — GOOD EXAMPLE: Answer questions in page 74, solve the equations in page 34.
Measurable: It's important that the goals you set are measurable so you can track your progress and be motivated! BAD EXAMPLE: Write a 700 word essay about contamination — GOOD EXAMPLE: Work on the first 350 words.
Achievable: Think about your current situation and try to find ways to set your goal in a way that's challenging, but possible.
Relevant: The goals should (if possible, do not use this if you're trying to do homework of a subject you don't like lol) be of interest to you.
Time-bound: Have deadlines! This really helps me when I'm not motivated to do a task - I just think of what the consequences of not doing it are.
The activity: Set at least 3 goals using this method, and do your best to complete them :0

Part 3: Journaling

In this part, take some time to reflect about your day! Write down anything you'd like — either positive or negative ^^ Your total should be at least 200 words.

Part 4: Poetry/Abstract art

Last part, whoo! To finish it all up, you can either:
- Write a poem, or
- Draw a piece of abstract art
These pieces should represent what you felt during the other parts. There's no wrong way of doing this, as everyone will experience something different
If you're writing a poem, it should be 70-150 words long. If you're drawing a piece of art, spend at least 10 minutes on it.

To earn 2000 jewels for your area, you should present:
- A list of at least 10 things you're grateful for
- A list of at least 3 goals you set for yourself using the SMART method
- At least 200 words of journaling about your day
- A poem of at least 70-150 words OR a piece of art that you spent at least 10 minutes on, showing your thought process in the other parts

And that's it - again, thank you all so much for being patient with us <3 Hope you enjoy this weekly!

Last edited by essayist (May 12, 2023 12:59:12)

starryy-silk
Scratcher
100+ posts

Weekly Two

claimed!

omg first :00

part one - gratitude
-my family
-my friends
-my computer
-my home
-food
-water
-pencil :]
-scratch
-google docs
-and most importantly..ME

part two - goal settings
  • write at least 200 words on a report for the history of color pencils
  • sketch my face for an art proj for at least 20 mins - try to make it as realistic as i can
  • jump rope for at least 20 mins outside - the more minutes, the better

this means i finished my goal

part three - journaling

today was an okay day. i mean, my school didn't get yelled at by the principal, which was a relief. our principal yelled at us for 2 days straight because of something i didn't even know about. i wasn't involved and yet I'm getting punished;-;. at least she didn't get to yell at us today. the only reasons why my day isn't good is because i got a sunburn. and it hurts and itches. i was like in the sun for like one minute and yet i got a sunburn. on my face. and now i look like someone who put too much blush on. perhaps it's because i didn't put on sunscreen. but it's still very annoying and I wouldn't say I like it. *sighs dramatically* i also have math class today and it's very boring. speaking of classes, i have an essay(?) or a project due on Friday and i don't think i will finish it-help. its too muchhh. okay this is very depressing-let's focus on something more happy. so i want to finish and draw a face, hopefully i can find more motivation. i just need to find my sketchbook though-. also, i need to finish 3 work in progress projects. don't worry me, you got this. okay this is very negative but oh well.

218 words

part four - poetry

this was quite a challenging task
although it helped me quite a lot
my brain is worked out but i think i passed
it's almost like a key to a lock

i felt a bit rushed and tired after
and yet i wish i can do it again
it wasn't a horrible thing, a disaster
tiring but I'm not against

in my free time, i might use this
gives me a bit motivation to do
i am so glad that this exist
i will never wish to undo

overall, a nine out of ten
it awesome, and intense

98 words

Last edited by starryy-silk (May 17, 2023 00:22:37)

Hermione909Granger
Scratcher
37 posts

Weekly Two

Weekly for Solar Realm <33

Part 1 :: Gratitude* - Done
1- Friends
2- Family
3- Birthday Party
4- Food <3
5- My iPad, technology
6- Taylor Swift (Speak Now TV!!!!)
7- Scratch ^^
8- Scratch Camps <33
9- Home ;D
10- Music (Spotify, especially)

*People I’ve thanked are in italics
*For Taylor Swift, I just posted on social media

Part 2 :: Goal Setting**
1st Goal - Complete pages 1~3 of a math worksheet by May 14

2nd Goal - Finish KOTLC again by the end of the month

3rd Goal - Complete my slideshow presentation by May 21
**Goals i’ve finished are in italics

Part 3 :: Journaling - 215 words - Done
I know this may not be very exciting to non-swifties (no offense), but today was the day I found out about Speak Now (Taylor’s Version)! So, Scooter Braun bought Big Machine Records, which included the rights to Taylor Swift’s entire catalog, and Taylor Swift doesn’t own her music anymore. (Scooter Braun sold her masters to shamrock holdings later, but never gave Taylor Swift a fair chance to buy her masters back.) This is really controversial, but now they’re in a feud over her masters, and Taytay started re-recording her past albums so she can own the rights to her own music again. Taylor recently switched to Republic Records, where she now owns her masters for songs she wrote after her album Reputation. So far she owns Lover, Folklore, Evermore, Midnights, Fearless (Taylor’s Version), Red (Taylor’s Version), and is in the process of recording Speak Now (Taylor’s Version)! Why is this so amazing you have to put it in a weekly, you ask. Well, this means that I can listen to Taylor Swift’s other albums until July 7th and try to figure out what the bonus tracks are, and then exactly when she releases the new re-recording, I can start to listen to Speak Now TV on repeat until she releases a new album!!! :Thumbs up!:

Part 4 :: Poem - 90 words - Done
Music ringing in my ears
The sound of folklore
Warmth spreading through my limbs
The feel of a soft cardigan
Energy pulsing through my fingers
The careful touches on a keyboard

Music ringing in my ears
The sound of rain
The crackling of a fireplace
Turning page by page

Music ringing in my ears
Music from home
Warmth from home
Energy from home
Comfort and light
Home from sweet home

Last edited by Hermione909Granger (May 17, 2023 18:54:22)

Em :: She/her :: Scratch Camps :: Swiftie <3
This life is sweeter than fiction ✨
Trying to reinvent myself <3
coolgirl100-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Weekly Two

Claiming <3

Lolll what a scrumdiddlyumptious signature
lilyjen
Scratcher
100+ posts

Weekly Two

Weekly 2::

Part 1::
1) My mom
2) My friends
3) My laptop lol
4) This awesome camp
5) My school choir
6) My writing skills
7) Musiccc
8) Scratch
9) SWC
10) aRt

Part 2::

Goal 1:: write a journal entry each day for the rest of the month.
Goal 2:: Read the rest of “the selection” series by the end of school.
Goal 3:: Complete at least 2 weeklies this session.

Part 3::

Today was my birthday!! I got up and had a shower, then headed to school as usual. I was super happy to see that my best friend had made a poster and put it and some streamers on my locker. I actually got two posters because another of my friends made one too! It was super fun to constantly be told happy birthday all day. Math went by normally. In PHE we played a fun game that was basically a mashup of “the hunger games” and “everybody's it tag”. It was alright, except a bunch of the boys worked together to corner me. I still loved it. Socials we got a new assignment - another skit. Oh joy. I'm working with my friend though, so that's good. Drama was awesome as usual. Our teacher is an interesting blend of funny and downright annoying. I like him. xD. We had early dismissal so after that I got to ride home, reading my book. It's soooo hot here you wouldn't believe. I'm glad that the bus is air conditioned (unlike our school T-T). Then I got a chill afternoon, had spaghetti for dinner, and then berry crisp with icecream for dessert and opened my presents. Overall a really fun day! (207 words)

Part 4::

Last edited by lilyjen (May 16, 2023 02:35:57)

“Don't stay in one place for too long. Run. It was the only way to stay ahead of the sadness. The jokes and smiles to hide the pain. For this smile is fake. And this laugh hurts. I am broken. And it's the one thing I can't fix.” - Leo Valdez, HOO

“It's… hard, when you can't trust yourself. I spent my whole life believing I was doing something good for someone good… but it was a lie. And some part of me still wants to believe in that lie, just like you wanna believe you're dumb, or whatever. But it's not true. I promise. I wouldn't mess with you.” - Hunter, TOH
Avacac12078
Scratcher
500+ posts

Weekly Two

Why did I finish this but never post it? - 5/21

part 1
knowledge
books
a family
singing
Abbie Emmons fr
my friends
a house
a life
a sister
scratch <33

part 2

Goal 1: Finish re-reading Exile and re-reading 100 Days of Sunlight this month!
Goal 2: Do all math homework given this week! (I never do homework- so this is actually hard)
Goal 3: Play piano song 20 times. Very hard.

part 3

Today is Mother’s Day! My sister woke me up telling me that it was Mother’s Day and I got up quickly because my mom wasn’t awake yet. It was eight in the morning and I cooked up some eggs— that was the only thing I knew how to cook— and decorated the breakfast table for her. We didn’t allow her to come out of her room until it was done. My sister and I also made a card for her <3 She was exhilarated and so was my grandma. I’m proud of myself for thinking of such a creative idea, and happy that my mom enjoyed it. After that my mom went to order food. The line was really long. It was Mother’s Day, what did you expect? My sister and I ate our food since my mom only ordered food for us and not her. It was an amazing day and I felt like I was loved.

part 4 theatre??

Theatre is something I can not explain
In theatre you may see hope, fear and pain
Theatre can be joyful, it can be fun
Theatre can make you feel warm as the sun

Theatre can give you goosebumps and shivers
Theatre can make you crawl underneath covers

In theatre you will cry for characters,
Theatre can make you sob for hours

93 words

Last edited by Avacac12078 (May 21, 2023 12:40:38)

<> Hey, I’m Lynx! <>
- she/fae - ENTP - Bookworm - Writer - Straight demigirl -

❝You know it’s cold outside when you go outside and it’s cold❞
krizpii
Scratcher
100+ posts

Weekly Two

Weekly for Solar Realm:
By Wren

Part 1:
- My family
- My friends
- My goldfish
- Scratch
- Internet connection
- Food
- Connections
- Tap water
- Trees
- Fabric

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

Last edited by krizpii (May 14, 2023 23:39:27)

essayist
Scratcher
500+ posts

Weekly Two

kora's weekly two

part 1
I'm grateful for..
- my friends
- my family
- the dozen books I have
- my computer
- my house
- my school
- my diaries
- my desk
- scratch camps
- music (spotify <3)

part 2
my three goals are…
- I would like to complete and share my swc app by the 14th
- I would like to study two subjects a day for my tests
- I would like to finish reading two books (the train to impossible places and song for the whale) by next wednesday

I hope I can complete them <3

part 3
Today was quite tedious. I got up at six in the morning to prepare for school - and left home at seven, ready for what the day would bring. My first class was math, where I learned about some advanced and complicated methods which was quite interesting. Next, I had physical education which I spent swimming in the icy water. The water was intensely cold - and we learned freestyle and backstroke which I was already familiar with. After physical education, I spent my time learning french. We were originally learning present tense verbs which were confusing - and spent the later time competing with each other over our pronunciations. I also had my second language test today, which I studied a lot for and I hope it went smoothly. Soon enough - school was finally over, and it was the weekend. Regardless of my reactions, I motivated myself to finish all my homework as soon as I got home with a friend, which to be honest was a lot harder than I expected. I had to build an electric model and had a math task sheet to complete. After all my tasks were done, I tried studying some subjects while listening to some music, which made everything a lot better. Overall, the day had gone quite well - though I could say it was quite tiring indeed. (228 words)

part 4
I didn't have any idea on what poem to write- so I span a wheel and it came to geography, so I'm writing a poem about India.

Our flags rises all across India,
the home to many individuals.
With three oceans around,
iconic mountains in the north,
farms producing crop throughout,
we celebrate what has become of our nation.
Republic day is contemplated by all,
it has given rights,
increased discipline,
and provided us with a great and steady live.
With inventions being discovered,
festivals and traditions being enjoyed,
wars being ceased,
we look at our flag with pride and live in union (76 words)

Mintichip009
Scratcher
100+ posts

Weekly Two

Part 1: Gratitude
For this part, you're gonna be writing a list of things you're grateful for.

1. Family
2. Friends
3. Computer
4. Alexa
5. the Piano
6. food
7. shelter
8. scratch
9. SkInCaRe
10. my hair (sometimes
Part 2: Goal setting
Is there anything you should be doing, but you're not? Studying for a test, perhaps, or cleaning your room… These are things most of us don't particularly like to do, so in this part, you'll learn how to set goals - and how to complete them. To do this, we're gonna use the method called SMART. The activity: Set at least 3 goals using this method, and do your best to complete them :0

GOAL 1: Complet my Fast test and score at least a 4
GOAL 2: Study for my math by taking practice exams as well as reviewing the lessons
GOAL 3: Practice (a lot) for the Play on friday. At least one onethrough a day of my part.
Part 3: Journaling

In this part, take some time to reflect about your day! Write down anything you'd like — either positive or negative ^^ Your total should be at least 200 words.
wip wip wip
Part 4: Poetry/Abstract art

To earn 2000 jewels for your area, you should present:
- A list of at least 10 things you're grateful for
- A list of at least 3 goals you set for yourself using the SMART method
- At least 200 words of journaling about your day
- A poem of at least 70-150 words OR a piece of art that you spent at least 10 minutes on, showing your thought process in the other parts

And that's it - again, thank you all so much for being patient with us <3 Hope you enjoy this weekly!

Last edited by Mintichip009 (May 16, 2023 12:41:43)

Sophiacodingirl
Scratcher
76 posts

Weekly Two

weekly number two
moonlit falls
part one - ten things you're grateful for
- family
- having a stable financial life
- having a roof to sleep under
- having food and water
- having scratch lol-
- my friends <33
- books
- being able to go to school
- scratch camps (yaas slay)
- my writing and all my skills

part two - goal-setting
- complete lesson one of my math ✔
- finish the kahoot of my school project ✔
- update at least three dailies of sfwc on time ✔

part three - journaling
today was a very fun day. i woke up way earlier than usual to prepare for school - 6:52 am compared to the usual 8 am. i had cereal and an egg for breakfast, and then i ate some apple slices for a tiny snack. then i brushed my teeth (obviously) and headed off to school! in music, we worked a lot on our taiko drumming routine and we came up with our end pose! while we were tossing bachi, the taiko drumming drumsticks, one of my group's members bachi hit my left thumb and now it's injured, which is sad. it hurt a lot, so i put a band-aid on it. after all, band-aids make everything better… right? at recess, i played badminton outside, which was super fun. it was a little windy, but otherwise, it was really nice! during the two periods between the two recesses, i worked on my personal interest project and my journal, in which we wrote about urban changes that we had witnessed. it was quite interesting to see how everyone else's projects were going, and i can't wait to see everyone's presentation! after school, my friends went to play wall ball, so i walked to my car and went home! and now, here i am, writing this journal entry <3 (217 words)

part four - poetry/art
productive
i actually feel productive
working on my work
doing a daily
for camp tropiland
moonlit falls
must win
determination to be
productive
to work on my work
to finish all my projects
to update the dailies on time
to do things
rage
must be productive
or else my projects
will be late
and i will have to rush
and be stressed
productivity
is very good
earning jewels and moondust in a frenzy
for camp tropiland's best cabin
moonlit falls is supreme
and amazing
(don't take this too seriously | 84 words)

Last edited by Sophiacodingirl (May 17, 2023 00:07:22)

“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.”
- Vivian Greene

Hey there, I'm Sophie!
I go by the pronouns she/her, and I love reading, writing, dancing, and singing!
aIoe-there
Scratcher
100+ posts

Weekly Two

pt 1:
family
friends
a home
knowledge
scratch camps fr fr
chorus class/all-state stuff and anything else related
taekwondo
easy access to wifi connection
phone
food & water

pt 2:
- study for math SOLS and complete strand 4 of workbook by monday
- drink more water and make sure to drink 6 cups of water a day
- practice taekwondo & get ready for testing (go 2 all classes, prac. 20 mins a day)

pt 3:
today was stressful. i got pushed away from a friend and i doubt we'd ever get back together. no, it wasn't even a friend. just someone I wanted to be friends with. i couldn't focus. math was hard, and i got an A- on a test. academic validation once again, haha. it just brought me down even further. my grades were declining slowly, and i failed the pacer. like, fail fail. F. i actually wanted to give up then and there. so now I have to get it up before the quarter ends, thankfully we're just about halfway through though. today i just felt like crying and just spending time on tiktok, but i tried my best to finish my homework (trying to avoid some of my math homework, leading to the first goal in pt 2 of this weekly) and I think i did okay. it was nice having taekwondo as a stress reliever and i broke 2 boards at once with a back kick. i doubt i will do that again, though. nonetheless, this day was hard to go through. but i'm glad i tried my best and did what i could, because i would've been a mess if i hadn't. im still feeling extremely bad about my grades. i have a A- and B+ right now. i've failed myself. hopefully for PE i can get it up for softball, but it's always the pacer that lets me down.

vent much? lol

pt 4:
wip

-ˋˏ aloe there ˎˊ-

azlin ~ she/her ~ wip

C_Yee
Scratcher
100+ posts

Weekly Two

WEEKLY 2 ~ Cyee
Moonlit Falls

Part 1 - 10 things
family
ability to make irl friends
friends
comfy bed
Computer
Education
Food
Water
traveling
Being Unique

Part 2 - 3 things
- Try to write at least 100 words a day
- compliment someone everyday
- Work on my platformer at least 20 minutes every day

Part 3 - 212 WORDS
today, was a pretty relaxing day. I got up and ate breakfast while listening to music. Then I got onto scratch and I changed quite a bit like my scratch discussion signature, my profile about me, and my aesthetic sets as you could probably see on my profile right now. It's sanrio themed because I really am into sanrio and kawaii things! My favorite sanrio characters are my melody and kuromi. I am also of course like hello kitty. But they are all amazing characters like pompompurin and kerropi. Then I kind of changed my google profile picture to sanrio gifs since I'm so obsessed with it now! I also played my cello after I did that. I practiced my piece I was supposed to practice and made sure that I would pay attention to the dynamics, rests, intonation, articulation and the bowings. I played for about an hour. I was really trying to focus on getting the notes intune since I thought that, that was really important. I was also really trying to master the bowing down you know because it's really important, but the audience would probably not notice that and they probably noticed my intonation more. I am probably going to just relax for the rest of the night!

PART 4: Write a poem or draw art!
So for this section, I decided to do a poem! Hope you enjoy! <3 154 words written including the title and 150 words, I believe without me writing the title! btw, this weekly is for MOONLIT FALLS like it says up there!

❝I ᗯIᔕᕼ I ᕼᗩᗪ TᕼE GᑌTᔕ…❞
I wish I had the guts to confront her
I wish I had the guts to comfort her
I wish I had the guts to hug her
I wish I had the guts to calm her down
I wish I had the guts to hug her
So many things, we don’t always receive
In a lifetime
Think of the many nice things we don’t always say
Or the many things we don’t get to do…
But sometimes if we’re lucky, we do get to do these things
Luck, could be the answer
Or happiness
or curiosity
or even wonder…
I wonder what we do next…
I wish I had the guts to tell her
I wish I had the guts to love her
I could right now in the moment being loving her
Or maybe the time has flown past by…
I wish I had the guts…

Last edited by C_Yee (May 16, 2023 01:33:42)

chocolate | writer | Swiftie/singer | cellist/musician | SWC'er! <3
“You can make anything by writing”
~ C.S. Lewis
#scriptftw!
leafmoon100
Scratcher
31 posts

Weekly Two

1: 10 things!

my mom
my dad
my sister
my brother
my puppy
my snake
my sketchbook
my Chromebook
role plays existing
camp tropiland !! <333

part 2! 3 goals!

1: spend at least 2 hours picking up the floor of my room this week
2: finish cleaning out my insanely messy backpack this week!!!
3: spend at least 1 and a half hours on helping my friend edit and catch mistakes in the first book of her series “forever playing a losing game”

part 3: journaling!

(will write tommarow! )