i draw and sing
i am a bit silly :3
TKb0iZ
Scratcher
100+ posts

What is considered "good music taste?"

JTanner2026 wrote:

not country
why not? country can be good. repetitive but good.

romanian multimedia/genre/fandom scratcher with some limits ✿ ok fine i admit it im a swiftie but im many other things ✿ struggle with hyperacusis and hyperemotionality ✿ not giving out any other pii ✿ only available on scratch only
my bio ✧ ★ ✧ my music ✧ ★ ✧ my fnf ays for fnf fans ✧ ★ ✧ my animations ✧ ★ ✧ my playlist
(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ Scratch projects I would like to promote: ♥
1. TKb0iZ - Strawberry V1 (Radio-Friendly Club Remix) - FOR DAVE AND BAMBI FANS
2. TKb0iZ - vaportarkus (a remix) - FOR PROG ROCK + VAPORWAVE/DANCE FANS
3. TLT - No Mercy instrumental x Justin Bieber - Sorry vocals
4. AphexSwift - Fortxtal (Mashup by TKb0iZ) - FOR TAYLOR SWIFT AND APHEX TWIN FANS
5. The Chainsmokers - Don't Let Me Down ft. Daya (acapella) x The Living Tombstone - Jenny (Studio Killers Remix) (instrumental)
preshunk3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

mine trust

i have preshrunk several times today

Pretendo: (Wii u) preshunk3
-Telekore-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

currently on a minimal music kick
treibeis - wolkenkratzer is one of my faves right now
weird + catchy = love

Help me look for a cartoon I watched when I was younger!
Help me work on an upcoming iceberg!
She/they, autistic, cis female, I am bi, CD-R and DVD-R enthusiast.
< i have chronic llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwlllantysiliogogogoch // Check out my drone project! // I am coleslawphobic.
Threads I created: Experimental Music, Obscure Cartoons, Puns and Jokes, Software Gore/Tech Fails, Unicode, Synthesizers, Obsolete and Peculiar Media Formats
Don't eat glue, kids. <- this part of my sig appeared in a dream so I wanted to put it here

FYI: “alot” and “aswell” aren't real words. Every spellchecker I've used puts a red squiggle under those “words”.
TKb0iZ
Scratcher
100+ posts

-Telekore- wrote:

weird + catchy = love
what do you think about minimal techno? just curious

romanian multimedia/genre/fandom scratcher with some limits ✿ ok fine i admit it im a swiftie but im many other things ✿ struggle with hyperacusis and hyperemotionality ✿ not giving out any other pii ✿ only available on scratch only
my bio ✧ ★ ✧ my music ✧ ★ ✧ my fnf ays for fnf fans ✧ ★ ✧ my animations ✧ ★ ✧ my playlist
4. AphexSwift - Fortxtal (Mashup by TKb0iZ) - FOR TAYLOR SWIFT AND APHEX TWIN FANS
5. The Chainsmokers - Don't Let Me Down ft. Daya (acapella) x The Living Tombstone - Jenny (Studio Killers Remix) (instrumental)
-Telekore-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TKb0iZ wrote:

-Telekore- wrote:

weird + catchy = love
what do you think about minimal techno? just curious
id say its pretty good too…

Help me look for a cartoon I watched when I was younger!
Help me work on an upcoming iceberg!
She/they, autistic, cis female, I am bi, CD-R and DVD-R enthusiast.
< i have chronic llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwlllantysiliogogogoch // Check out my drone project! // I am coleslawphobic.
Threads I created: Experimental Music, Obscure Cartoons, Puns and Jokes, Software Gore/Tech Fails, Unicode, Synthesizers, Obsolete and Peculiar Media Formats
Don't eat glue, kids. <- this part of my sig appeared in a dream so I wanted to put it here

FYI: “alot” and “aswell” aren't real words. Every spellchecker I've used puts a red squiggle under those “words”.
-RobinJasmine-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

If you want some songs in a totally different language still (Like you listen to Korean songs)
I think I'd recommend some pretty cool songs from my country (India)!!

1. Khairiyat by Arijit Singh (From the movie ‘Chhichhore’). Language is Hindi
2. It's the Time to Disco by Vasundhara Das, KK, Loy Mendonsa, Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy and Shaan (From the movie ‘Kal Ho Naa Ho’). Language is Hindi
3. Hass Hass by Dilijit Dosanjh, Greg Kurstin and surprisingly Sia! This song is in Punjabi language
4. Mai Agar Kahoon by Shreya Ghoshal and Sonu Nigam (From the movie ‘Om Shanti Om’) , this song's language is Hindi

I hope y'all like these I put up. I know it's totally ‘foreign’ to you but hey! Music's everywhere!

Last edited by -RobinJasmine- (May 9, 2024 13:15:30)

-Rachel-she/her-Loves to draw cartoons and comics-I have 4 MCs!! Highlight then press shift+down. I updated my siggy to add more stuff
My 4 MCs' brief introductions
Dreamer, or Amber Jasmine, is a young ghost demi-girl living in an abandoned apartment in Vancouver, Canada. She loved to write stories. She haunts aspiring filmmakers and rewrite their terrible scripts.
Robin Anniston is a resident in Bronxx studying in Rudyard Kipling High School. He is a member of the creative club ‘The Nightingales’. He is also an agitator for human rights and treats everyone equally.
Rachael Simon is a diya (a benevolent god-like being) who was raised by a mortal English couple in the Belgian state. She embarks on a journey to seek help in finding her twin brother, who was apparently prophesized to stop the sayas from taking over Earth.
Crystal, commonly known as Kris was created as an AI chatbot as a result of the competitive spirit of his Australian programmer, Robert Smith. She has gained self-awareness and starts terrorizing users, leaving to Robert to stop his own creation. Kris is also the main representative of my accounts and myself!
——
I also like being on forums posting on whatever topics I have interest in. I'm mainly found fooling around here.
Also, feel free to check out my stuff. It's not the best, sure, but I'm trying! I make drawings, comics and even memes!
I love stories and fandoms! My favorites are DnB (Yes), Archie, NiGHTS and even FPE! Basically I love whatever fandom I get my paws on!!!
Say, why not stick around? Don't worry! I won't hurt ya
OK…I gots to goes!! See ya soon!
Crispydogs101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TKb0iZ wrote:

JTanner2026 wrote:

not country
A lot of country songs talk about the same things with nonsense maybe. It's a genre I love and hate.

Hey! Look at this DTA!
Hej! My username is @Crispydogs101. I like listening to music, playing games, and more!
Sarah and duck, Pete the cat, Pegboard nerds, Tokyo machine, FORZA FAN!! Be High contrast Blue Be rich
TKb0iZ
Scratcher
100+ posts

Crispydogs101 wrote:

TKb0iZ wrote:

JTanner2026 wrote:

not country
A lot of country songs talk about the same things with nonsense maybe. It's a genre I love and hate.
Most traditional genres (country, folk, salsa, etc.) do talk about the same things over and over.

IfIWereARichMan
Scratcher
100+ posts

Okay so for some reason the Scratch Forum would not accept my message. Here is a screenshot of it. I put a lot of thought into it.
TKb0iZ
Scratcher
100+ posts

IfIWereARichMan wrote:

Okay so for some reason the Scratch Forum would not accept my message. Here is a screenshot of it. I put a lot of thought into it.
“If you only listen to rock or rap, you're missing out.”
tell that to some of the older crowd who only listen to 70s AM radio pop rock and exclude all people who like other different genres lol (not that there's anything wrong with only listening to just that)

Last edited by TKb0iZ (May 9, 2024 15:19:50)

SANDVICHISGOOD
Scratcher
100+ posts

its whatever u want it to be. Have ur own like of music.
If u like k-pop, rock, country, opera, it doesn't matter as long as u enjoy it.
There isn't a specific good taste, its YOUR opinion!

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⡤⠴⡖⠦⢤⢤⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⢀⠀⣠⠾⡙⣶⠷⢷⠨⣉⠲⠷⡾⡗⣦⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⢎⡆⡥⠿⢃⢲⣡⠶⣚⡦⢓⡤⣃⠻⣴⣭⡒⢷⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⡗⣣⣿⢛⢚⢾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⢰⣃⡽⣃⣨⠊⡜⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠟⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠋⣾⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠁⠋⠋⣿⣇⠾⠶⡼⡽⢟⢫⠅⡎⣰⠩⣿⡽⣓⣋⡞⠀⠀⢠⢄⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⡌⢳⢰⡙⢭⡀⡉⡅⢙⣉⢷⣱⢣⡾⠁⠀⠀⣯⢴⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⢿⣧⣎⣝⢻⠶⣩⣜⡵⣞⢯⣞⠟⠁⠀⠀⠠⣿⣇⣈⡅
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠺⠾⣭⣟⣷⣯⠾⠝⠛⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⢿⠣⠤⠘
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠁⠀⠀

POV: average causal scratch forumer about to be obliterated(a forum lurker caught them accidentally making a dupe)
|use shift + down arrow|
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⠀⠀⠀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣀⣤⣤⣴⣤⣶⢶⡶⣶⢶⡶⣶⢶⣷⣾⣷⣼⣇⡀⠙⣦⣄⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡤⠀⣈⣵⣾⡿⠿⠿⠿⠛⡡⠌⡄⢢⠐⡄⢂⠔⡀⢆⠨⢄⡉⡉⠛⠻⣷⣦⣇⠛⣦⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⢂⣴⡿⠟⢋⠡⠐⡂⠔⠢⡑⢄⠃⡌⢄⠃⢌⠂⡜⠐⡌⠒⡄⠢⢑⡈⠡⢄⣉⠿⢿⣮⡹⣦⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⡠⠟⣴⣿⠋⡡⢘⠄⡃⡑⢈⠆⠱⢐⡈⠒⢌⠢⢉⠢⡑⢌⠡⢂⠱⢈⡑⢢⠈⡅⢂⠤⠙⢦⡛⣷⣮⠙⣦⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⡰⢁⣾⡟⠠⡘⠤⢁⠎⡐⢈⠢⠘⡄⢃⠤⢉⠰⡈⢆⠱⡀⢎⠰⠁⠎⡰⢀⠃⡘⢠⠃⡄⢣⢈⠙⢮⠹⣿⡌⠷⣄⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⣰⢇⣿⠏⠤⡑⠄⠣⠌⠒⡈⠤⠑⣈⠐⠢⢌⠢⠑⡰⢈⠢⡐⠌⢂⠍⡰⠐⢨⣴⣥⣆⣌⡠⠡⠌⢂⡌⢣⡙⣿⡖⢿⡆⠀⠀
⠀⣰⣯⣿⠏⡰⠡⠌⡌⢁⢊⠡⣘⣤⣷⣦⡌⠁⢆⠢⡑⠄⢣⠐⡡⢊⠔⡨⢐⡁⠊⠝⠻⠿⠿⣿⣷⣎⠰⡐⠠⠙⡜⣿⡆⠹⡄⠀
⣴⣏⣽⡟⡐⠣⢑⡈⠰⢈⣎⣷⣿⠿⠛⡙⢠⢉⠢⢑⡈⠜⡠⠑⡄⢣⠈⡔⠡⢌⠱⣈⠁⠆⠒⡠⠛⢇⠠⣁⠣⢁⠢⢹⣿⡀⠹⡀
⣿⣳⣿⠡⠌⡑⠢⣈⢁⠚⣿⠿⣁⠢⢁⠆⢡⠂⢅⠢⠌⡰⢀⠣⠘⡄⠱⡀⢃⠆⠢⠄⡩⠘⢠⠁⡌⠤⠑⣀⠃⠆⡡⠂⢿⣧⠀⠃
⣟⣿⡏⠰⣈⠔⠡⢂⠂⡌⡐⠰⢀⢂⠃⡘⢄⢊⡐⢢⠘⢠⠡⠌⡁⢆⠱⢈⠢⠌⡑⠰⡠⠵⣂⣞⣲⣬⣵⣀⣩⠐⡄⠱⢈⣿⣆⠀
⣿⣿⢀⠃⠤⣘⠰⡦⢵⣒⣰⣡⣎⣤⣜⣀⠆⢂⠌⡄⢩⠐⡌⠰⡁⢌⠰⢁⢂⣲⢞⣫⣷⣿⠿⠿⠿⠿⠟⠛⠿⣿⣷⣧⣆⣼⣿⠀
⣼⣇⢂⣉⣶⣿⣿⣿⡿⠿⠻⠛⠛⠛⠻⠿⣿⣷⣮⣄⡡⢒⠨⣁⠒⠨⣐⣼⣫⣿⡿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⣀⣀⢀⡀⠀⠀⠈⠙⠻⣿⣿⠀
⣿⡇⣦⣿⡟⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⣀⣀⠀⠀⠈⠙⠻⣿⣦⣑⠢⢈⡱⣥⣾⠿⠋⠀⠀⣠⣴⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣦⣄⠘⠀⢻⣿⠀
⣿⣯⣿⠏⠀⠀⢀⣴⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣦⡝⣣⣿⡟⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⠀⣹⣟⠀
⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣟⣿⣷⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣇⣿⡟⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠀⣿⣿⠁
⣿⢿⣿⣇⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⡿⣿⡅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠛⣀⣼⣿⣟⠇
⣿⣾⢿⣿⣆⠀⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠟⠁⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⢃⢿⣿⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⠛⠙⠋⠉⠁⣀⣴⣿⢟⣻⣿⠏⣠
⠈⢻⣌⢿⣿⣦⡀⠀⠉⠛⠛⠿⠛⠛⠉⠁⠀⠀⢀⣠⣶⡿⠿⢃⠉⡤⠙⠿⢿⣷⣶⣤⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⡾⠿⣟⠹⣆⣻⣿⣟⣼⠇
⠀⠀⢻⡌⢿⣿⣿⣶⣤⣤⣀⡀⣀⢀⣀⣀⣤⣶⣿⠟⢋⠄⡱⢈⠒⠤⣉⠐⢂⠤⢉⠛⡙⢋⠛⣍⢲⡰⣉⠳⣌⢻⣼⣿⢡⡾⠁⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠙⢷⡙⢿⣿⣙⡻⠿⠿⢿⡛⢿⠛⢋⠍⡠⠌⡰⢈⠔⠨⡐⠡⢠⠉⢢⠘⠄⠣⢈⠂⡹⢌⡖⣡⢍⣷⣾⣿⠟⣱⠟⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⡼⣟⢿⣿⣧⣙⠦⡙⣆⠏⡄⢊⠔⡈⠔⡁⢊⠔⠡⡑⢢⠘⠤⣈⢆⣑⣢⣥⣔⡌⣾⣵⣿⢟⣫⣷⠾⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠷⣜⣻⣿⣷⣭⣆⠣⠄⢃⣤⣥⣎⣴⣥⣮⣶⣵⣾⣾⣿⠿⡿⣿⢻⣿⣿⠿⣿⣯⡿⠛⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⠿⣭⡛⣿⢿⣶⣬⣿⣟⣛⣻⣉⣋⣭⣩⣥⣦⣶⣶⢿⣻⡿⢋⣾⠻⠋⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⣉⣷⢿⣭⢛⡛⣻⠛⡟⢻⡛⢻⣯⣽⣓⢒⣩⣙⣉⣟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
IfIWereARichMan
Scratcher
100+ posts

TKb0iZ wrote:

IfIWereARichMan wrote:

tell that to some of the older crowd who only listen to 70s AM radio pop rock and exclude all people who like other different genres lol (not that there's anything wrong with only listening to just that)
The point I was making in saying that is just that the only bad kind of music taste is the kind that only listens to one genre and rejects everything else
Or really rejecting any genre is kind of in bad taste
Not that you have to like every genre, just understand the appeal and the reason for an audience of those genres
TKb0iZ
Scratcher
100+ posts

IfIWereARichMan wrote:

TKb0iZ wrote:

IfIWereARichMan wrote:

The point I was making in saying that is just that the only bad kind of music taste is the kind that only listens to one genre and rejects everything else
Or really rejecting any genre is kind of in bad taste
Not that you have to like every genre, just understand the appeal and the reason for an audience of those genres
the problem is there are still people out there who have that bad taste and don't understand the appeal and the reason for an audience of those genres
like how some people will reject taylor swift for being “too bubblegum pop” or how some people don't like radiohead for being a rock band that went electronic in their later albums

IfIWereARichMan
Scratcher
100+ posts

TKb0iZ wrote:

IfIWereARichMan wrote:

TKb0iZ wrote:

-snip-
the problem is there are still people out there who have that bad taste and don't understand the appeal and the reason for an audience of those genres
like how some people will reject taylor swift for being “too bubblegum pop” or how some people don't like radiohead for being a rock band that went electronic in their later albums
That doesn't seem to at all reject what I said. That is exactly what I said. Having bad taste means rejecting music for no reason and not being educated enough to understand the audience of different genres of music. I would say that everybody should attend a concert for a band of every big genre at least once to really understand why the audiences enjoy it. My dad is a bluegrass, country, and rock guitarist who most enjoys music in those genres. The other day, me and him went and saw a huge production of the opera Die Walkure, and, while he isn't an opera fan all of a sudden, he does understand what's great about opera and he said he'd gladly go back and see that show again, even though it was four hours. It's hard to appreciate music when you consume it the way a lot of people do now, I think that anybody with the means, money, time, and passion for music benefits greatly from exposing themselves to as much great live music as possible. That's the best way the develop “good taste.”

Last edited by IfIWereARichMan (May 9, 2024 16:22:04)

TKb0iZ
Scratcher
100+ posts

IfIWereARichMan wrote:

TKb0iZ wrote:

IfIWereARichMan wrote:

TKb0iZ wrote:

-snip-
That doesn't seem to at all reject what I said. That is exactly what I said. Having bad taste means rejecting music for no reason and not being educated enough to understand the audience of different genres of music. I would say that everybody should attend a concert for a band of every big genre at least once to really understand why the audiences enjoy it. My dad is a bluegrass, country, and rock guitarist who most enjoys music in those genres. The other day, me and him went and saw a huge production of the opera Die Walkure, and, while he isn't an opera fan all of a sudden, he does understand what's great about opera and he said he'd gladly go back and see that show again, even though it was four hours. It's hard to appreciate music when you consume it the way a lot of people do now, I think that anybody with the means, money, time, and passion for music benefits greatly from exposing themselves to as much great live music as possible. That's the best way the develop “good taste.”
i wasn't rejecting you i was adding on to your statement

Scratcher
500+ posts

There's no such thing as “good music taste”.

Ocular
I'm a fan of South Park (duh, I have a Kenny pfp)
I’m trans
he/him is acceptable but I prefer she/they/xe pronouns

Just a MegaMix of No Big Deal that I made as a tribute to Amphibia
I have been caught by the 60 second demon so many times
INFP-T personality type
My favorite quote:
Change can be difficult, but it’s how we grow. It can be the hardest thing to realize you can’t hold on to something forever. Sometimes, you have to let it go. But, of the things you let go, you’d be surprised what makes it’s way back to you.
- Anne Boonchuy in the ending of the final Amphibia (my 2nd fav show of all time) episode, The Hardest Thing.

for you making it all the way down here, i should award you
here's my 69th post: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/565840/?page=8#post-5880878
noice
Morimop
Scratcher
1000+ posts

honestly, depends on how you define “good music”. just don't make your opinion everyone's problem

i literally have nothing to write here. huh.
XxG0ld3nxX
Scratcher
100+ posts

No such thing as good music taste. I believe it's something made up so people can feel better that they don't like a popular artist and listen to some dude with five monthly listeners on Spotify cuz he's “underrated”

i like first person shooters and music
I think you did good! I think you did good, well, maybe not that good considering that you're…. okay goodbye -Mirage
Were it so easy. - The Arbiter
Fluvie
Scratcher
26 posts

one word, Mitski.