Discuss Scratch

abcde26
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Aurora Inc. - Powering the Future One Step at a Time [APPLICATIONS OPEN FOR THOSE OF GITHUB EXPERIENCE]

oxiti8 wrote:

abcde26 wrote:

oxiti8 wrote:

Could be cool but the JSON limit applies here… also, would this be like a single project that plays these? Would they work in Aspect OS? Are they just full projects?
I mean, they will be in a single project, but I think if there is 1 way we can put the games into a cloud server like Stadia…..
ah yes stream when you only have 10 cloud variables that at most can update 10 times per second so your framerate would be locked to 10 under the best possible, nay, impossible conditions- would likely end up even lower than that if they were streamed

I was thinking store them on a server and download them rather than streaming- that might actually work alright. granted scratch can't do self-modifying code so that would require one to make a virtual machine or *gasp* an emulator in order to run and download games from within the scratch player- downloading from a website would probably be the best option
I think it's better to do it in seperate projects…

No signature currently stored in profile.

Uhh what? Wait how am I typing th-
kkidslogin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Aurora Inc. - Powering the Future One Step at a Time [APPLICATIONS OPEN FOR THOSE OF GITHUB EXPERIENCE]

Paddle2See closed the AspectOS thread because Polygon and RobloxianMinecraft (And, to a lesser extent, abcde) were spam-editing posts.

Forum Clout: 232,655. Alright, who ate my Kumquats? Finally foruming again. Support for reasons in OP and no support for all the other reasons.

Enjoy my music.

[small]non-member post, take whatever I say with a hint of salt and remember there's no authority behind it[/small]
abcde26
Scratcher
1000+ posts

kkidslogin wrote:

Paddle2See closed the AspectOS thread because Polygon and RobloxianMinecraft (And, to a lesser extent, abcde) were spam-editing posts.
we know..
but I wasn't the main person for that….
i was just confused (not excusing actually)
it was a accident.

ugh why do I feel like a supervillain today…
oh jeez… i think i have a severe headache…

Scratcher
100+ posts

i have had notifications about this topic 6 TIMES IN A ROW

Ocular
I'm a fan of South Park (duh, I have a Kenny pfp)
I’m trans
he/him is acceptable but I prefer she/they/xe pronouns

Just a MegaMix of No Big Deal that I made as a tribute to Amphibia
I have been caught by the 60 second demon so many times
INFP-T personality type
My favorite quote:
Change can be difficult, but it’s how we grow. It can be the hardest thing to realize you can’t hold on to something forever. Sometimes, you have to let it go. But, of the things you let go, you’d be surprised what makes it’s way back to you.
- Anne Boonchuy in the ending of the final Amphibia (my 2nd fav show of all time) episode, The Hardest Thing.

for you making it all the way down here, i should award you
here's my 69th post: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/565840/?page=8#post-5880878
noice
kkidslogin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

abcde26 wrote:

kkidslogin wrote:

we know..
but I wasn't the main person for that….
i was just confused (not excusing actually)
it was a accident.

ugh why do I feel like a supervillain today…
oh jeez… i think i have a severe headache…
That's alright, it was confusing.

41919 wrote:

i have had notifications about this topic 6 TIMES IN A ROW
lol

Forum Clout: 232,655. Alright, who ate my Kumquats? Finally foruming again. Support for reasons in OP and no support for all the other reasons.

Enjoy my music.

[small]non-member post, take whatever I say with a hint of salt and remember there's no authority behind it[/small]
Scratcher
100+ posts

(deleted)

Last edited by 41919 (Dec. 20, 2021 14:54:58)

Ocular
I’m trans

INFP-T personality type
My favorite quote:
Change can be difficult, but it’s how we grow. It can be the hardest thing to realize you can’t hold on to something forever. Sometimes, you have to let it go. But, of the things you let go, you’d be surprised what makes it’s way back to you.
- Anne Boonchuy in the ending of the final Amphibia (my 2nd fav show of all time) episode, The Hardest Thing.

here's my 69th post: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/565840/?page=8#post-5880878
noice
ToastersUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

abcde26 wrote:

AIGamesDeveloper wrote:

abcde26 wrote:

ahem…

repl link..

check ToastersUnited toasts
its only 5 pages of a thread

It says:

Thats on authorisation.aspectinc
It needs to be manually run to start because its python but we can use a raspberry pi for it

Hippo races snail through galaxy.

Scratcher
100+ posts

ToastersUnited wrote:

Thats on authorisation.aspectinc
It needs to be manually run to start because its python but we can use a raspberry pi for it
i use scratch on my raspberry pi
what a coincidence
wait a second…
69TH POST! noice.

Last edited by 41919 (Dec. 20, 2021 15:10:56)

Ocular
I’m trans

INFP-T personality type
My favorite quote:

noice
AIGamesDeveloper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

abcde26 wrote:

Idea:

We should make Aspect Entertainment, Inc.
It's a company that makes movies for aMovies because right now there is no movies in aMovie.
It's pretty simple to maintain too.
We can partner up with APMU and hire some animators and we're an animation alliance!

also for the startup animation, i'll credit Dream-123-123 for that animation that is used in the OS.

Accepted!

qloakonscratch wrote:

abcde26 wrote:

qloakonscratch wrote:

abcde26 wrote:

Idea:

We should make Aspect Entertainment, Inc.
It's a company that makes movies for aMovies because right now there is no movies in aMovie.
It's pretty simple to maintain too.
We can partner up with APMU and hire some animators and we're an animation alliance!

also for the startup animation, i'll credit Dream-123-123 for that animation that is used in the OS.
The question is what type of movies would we make? Honestly, I'm just up for making something called the AIMU (Aspect Inc. Marvel Universe) but we should allow people who work there to create their own marvel characters (if it sticks to the timeline.)
We can make AIMU movies (AIMU will be a different company altogether), Freedom League (Scratch version of Justice League) and more!

like superhero movies, story mode, it's everything entertainment!
we'll also make games.
I just realised…

Aspect Inc. = AI

AIGamesDeveloper

*me knowing the whole time

oxiti8 wrote:

Username: oxiti8
Why do you want to join?: Looking to help with the more technical stuff. While Scratch and TI-BASIC (and a bit of Java) are the only languages I know well, I'm looking to assist with optimization. (Also if Aspect ever pursues some sort of Emulation or Virtual Computer project, I do have experience with emudev…)
Work examples: Wave Multi Emulator Super 7X, which is a sort of Scratch Retroarch having emulators for multiple systems, and Mario Crossing, A randomized animal crossing clone with saving, online multiplayer and real-time mechanics. As for TI-BASIC stuff, I've got C8SALT, a CHIP-8 emulator, and a few miscellaneous games. Haven't done anything publicly in Java yet.
Activity Level: 9/10
Other: Like I said, I'd like to pitch a multi-platform Aspect Emulator project if anyone's up to the task- Difficult but lots of possibilities with theming and the payoff is huge.

Accepted!

yooit_32 wrote:

abcde26 wrote:

yooit_32 wrote:

PoIygon wrote:

Sooo do we make a new one?
new what?!

60-sec rule…
new AspectOS topic he meant.
thanks, Paddle and PoIygon.
this means alot.

Really mad at the spammers
I'm trying to reopen the topic

abcde26 wrote:

Hey, I think it is best to reopen the topic at any point. i JUST removed my spam.

Also, Idea!
Aspect Games! (or aGames)

Where you can “download” and play games!
(ai please don't be angry at us or fire us because we closed the AspectOS topic…..)

aGames sounds good!

also, I'm mad at the spammers
but I'm not firing them
but I'm giving them a strike

AIGamesDeveloper in big 2024.
abcde26
Scratcher
1000+ posts

New title is nicee

I wish those spammers never spammed.
Also I'm making a studio for aGames and AEI (Aspect Entertainment Inc.)

I will set AI as the manager because since they both are owned by Aspect Inc.

Last edited by abcde26 (Dec. 20, 2021 15:28:50)

AIGamesDeveloper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

abcde26 wrote:

New title is nicee

Thank You!
I also wish they never spammed
Thank You!

AIGamesDeveloper in big 2024.
kkidslogin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

abcde26 wrote:

New title is nicee

We need to figure out how to get EarthCraft on aGames. It's large, so maybe should come pre-installed?

Enjoy my music.

Scratcher
100+ posts

(deleted)

Last edited by 41919 (Dec. 20, 2021 16:01:04)

Ocular
I’m trans

INFP-T personality type
My favorite quote:

noice
kkidslogin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

abcde26 wrote:

New title is nicee

Also, where is aGames? I can make a version of it in python with that 30-line python app launcher I made earlier.

Enjoy my music.

oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

kkidslogin wrote:

abcde26 wrote:

New title is nicee

We need to figure out how to get EarthCraft on aGames. It's large, so maybe should come pre-installed?
Can I take a look at it? I could probably optimize it down and hack away at the number of sprites needed if possible
kkidslogin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

oxiti8 wrote:

kkidslogin wrote:

abcde26 wrote:

New title is nicee

Can I take a look at it? I could probably optimize it down and hack away at the number of sprites needed if possible
It's in-dev, so I was making sure whether or not to make versions specifically optimized for aGames and AspectOS. It will probably have at least 300-400 assets when finished (In the full version). We could make a minimized version of it (Like Minecraft Pi) For AspectOS, but we should have at least the first full version in aGames.

Enjoy my music.

oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

kkidslogin wrote:

oxiti8 wrote:

kkidslogin wrote:

abcde26 wrote:

New title is nicee

It's in-dev, so I was making sure whether or not to make versions specifically optimized for aGames and AspectOS. It will probably have at least 300-400 assets when finished (In the full version). We could make a minimized version of it (Like Minecraft Pi) For AspectOS, but we should have at least the first full version in aGames.
Oh man 300 sprites is WAY too many (Scratch can do that but that's a nightmare to maintain)- you should ideally be able to have a single sprite for all “mobs” in the game, one for tile generation, one for the player, and so on.

Separate versions optimized for specific things isn't something I'm a stranger to- I've done this sort of thing for all the Wave-8 ports, Sewage Escape, and Scratch Video Player V1.2 before.

Last edited by oxiti8 (Dec. 20, 2021 16:12:29)

kkidslogin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

oxiti8 wrote:

kkidslogin wrote:

oxiti8 wrote:

kkidslogin wrote:

abcde26 wrote:

New title is nicee

Oh man 300 sprites is WAY too many (Scratch can do that but that's a nightmare to maintain)- you should ideally be able to have a single sprite for all “mobs” in the game, one for tile generation, one for the player, and so on.

Separate versions optimized for specific things isn't something I'm a stranger to- I've done this sort of thing for all the Wave-8 ports, Sewage Escape, and Scratch Video Player V1.2 before.
Assets, not sprites. One sprite can be as many as several hundred assets. AspectOS BETA 3 has around 700 assets, so my 400 asset max would probably be conservative.

Enjoy my music.

oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

kkidslogin wrote:

oxiti8 wrote:

kkidslogin wrote:

oxiti8 wrote:

kkidslogin wrote:

abcde26 wrote:

New title is nicee

Assets, not sprites. One sprite can be as many as several hundred assets. AspectOS BETA 3 has around 700 assets, so my 400 asset max would probably be conservative.
Number of assets is irrelevant. It’s the size of the assets themselves.
kkidslogin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

oxiti8 wrote:

kkidslogin wrote:

oxiti8 wrote:

kkidslogin wrote:

oxiti8 wrote:

kkidslogin wrote:

abcde26 wrote:

New title is nicee

Number of assets is irrelevant. It’s the size of the assets themselves.
Most of them would be 16*16 bitmap tiles. I find that Scratch fails around ~1050 assets.

Enjoy my music.