Discuss Scratch

LiFaytheGoblin
Forum Moderator
1000+ posts

Wiki Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Today we have the 73rd edition of Wiki Wednesday for everyone!

Without further ado, here are the Wiki Articles of the Month:

English: Sound Editor
The Sound Editor in Scratch allows a user to edit and remix sounds in the Scratch editor. It includes the ability to speed up or slow down a sound, make a sound quieter or louder, add a fade in/out, among other capabilities.

The Scratch 3.0 sound editor

Japanese (日本語): Scratch統計情報
Scratch統計情報では、Scratchに関連する様々な統計情報を表示しており、2013年10月15日に公開された。 2007年5月のScratch 2.0リリース時から、現在までの統計が表示されている。

What is the Scratch Wiki?
The Scratch Wiki is a collaboratively-written wiki available for free that provides information about the Scratch programming language and its website, history, and phenomena surrounding it. The wiki is supported by the Scratch Team, but is primarily written by Scratchers. The Scratch Wiki is a popular source of information for scripts and tutorials, and it continues to grow as Scratchers use it as their primary source of information. This could also include advanced articles for Scratchers around the world to build, share, and see.
(Source: Scratch Wiki)

Missing Languages

There are many languages which do not have a Scratch Wiki! If you know a language without a Wiki, then you can help create one. Learn more here! We are looking for native speakers in a certain language and do not require any applicants to have a perfect grasp on the English language.

By the way, did you know…
… Shift+Backspace in the sound editor will delete all of a sound except the portion selected
… Scratchにはたくさんの人が参加していて、たくさんのプロジェクトが共有されているよ!

A big thank you goes to jvvg for organizing this Wiki Wednesday and writing the post. Credit to Yummygum on iconfinder.com for the flag icons!

Deutsch, English, Français, Español, Nederlands
DACH Scratch WikiEN Scratch WikiAll Scratch WikisA Scratch Wiki in your native language

devms
Scratcher
500+ posts

3rd Post! Also Wow the community has traslated the wiki alot.

Last edited by devms(May. 15th, 2007, 00:00:00)
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
My Scratch Profile

Sadly, my old signature was sent to the shadow realm

My browser / operating system: Windows Vista (NT 6.0), Internet Explorer 7.0, Flash 32 (Release 0)

Adzboy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

New WW!

Last edited by Adzboy (June 30, 2022 18:59:55)

Adzboy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

devms wrote:

3rd Post! Also Wow the community has traslated the wiki alot.
Yes! You can find the full list of real Scratch Wikis here. You can also see some of the demo and test Wikis on the Test Wiki.

filmlover12
Scratcher
100+ posts

Nice! I'm never usually this early lol

The more you read the more you know. The more you learn the more places you go! ~Dr Seuss
|U| :: #c300ff // My siggy protector
My pet blue block:
< ''  .. '' :: sensing> :: motion // This is my pet blue block who is very cute!
#purple is perfect! ::sound
meepeygamer567
Scratcher
500+ posts

It's Wiki Wednesday my dudes!

ngl this AI probably described Scratch in 2069.
Highlight+Shift+Down to the “totally accurate description” of Scratch
Scratch is a free coding website where kids can learn to code on their own devices and share what they’ve built and how they solved coding puzzles. Anyone can sign up, set up a username, and enter basic coding tutorials to test their coding skills. On top of their coding skills, kids can unlock special badges when they’re through with the tutorials.

For children aged 11-16, Scratch’s content covers topics such as HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and basic coding skills. The website gives kids fun activities to learn by creating games, drawing cute animations, playing various games, and solving puzzles.

Scratch: Sign Up

Scratch doesn’t just give you a place to try coding on your own devices. You can also connect with other children and take part in community coding challenges. On top of that, if you sign up with Scratch’s adult social network, you’ll receive access to other games, videos, and tools for kids.

Learn More
please look at me suggestion
If the explore page changed after it froze, does that mean…
500 post moment

☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠
dertermenter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Isn't it Thursday?

The2000 wrote:

All suggestions are unnecessary. If a suggestion is necessary then it's a bug report.

dertermenter wrote:

April Fools Day on the forums has been a repeated privilege, not an expectation
Adzboy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dertermenter wrote:

Isn't it Thursday?
Yeah, it took a while for LiFay to make the post.

dertermenter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Adzboy wrote:

(#9)

dertermenter wrote:

Isn't it Thursday?
I thought wiki Wednesdays were for Sundays though.

The2000 wrote:

All suggestions are unnecessary. If a suggestion is necessary then it's a bug report.

dertermenter wrote:

April Fools Day on the forums has been a repeated privilege, not an expectation
Adzboy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dertermenter wrote:

Adzboy wrote:

(#9)

dertermenter wrote:

Isn't it Thursday?
I thought wiki Wednesdays were for Sundays though.
They're meant to be Wednesdays but almost never actually are.

Yeetoburro1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

12th post!
WW close to Wednesday this week lol

sharkode
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ah yes Wiki Friday

>>>This suggestion could end reduce mass reporting.<<<
=======================================================================================
Common forum languages (highlight this text and click shift+down arrow for more):
  • Support - Means someone supports a suggestion, make sure to say the reason when you are supporting a suggestion.
  • No support - Means someone don't support a suggestion, while it may sound a little mean, it's actually not as not everybody have to support the suggestion you purposed.
  • Bump - Bumping is a method of bringing a topic back to the front page.
  • Necroposting - Means bringing an old, dead, topic that nobody cares about back to life, necroposting comes from the greek word “nekros” meaning “corpse”, necroposting is prohibited as it wastes front page space.
  • Ocular - A website that allows you to search forum posts.
  • Dupe/duplicate - Posts that suggests the same thing, it's a good idea to use Ocular.
  • ST - Is short for Scratch Team, the moderators on this site.
  • ToS - Is short for Terms of Use, a bunch of legal jargon and stuffs like that.
  • TOLoRS - Is short for The Official List of Rejected Suggestions, it's always a good idea to read it before making a suggestion.
  • Kaj - A user who threatened to hack Scratch, he later became a legend and people often joked about him hacking posts.
jackson49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

sharkode wrote:

Ah yes Wiki Friday
Or Thursday, depending on the time zone.

Be moist

PC LOAD LETTER

;
minikiwigeek2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I feel like this should be renamed to “Wiki Monthly.” That way people don't expect it to be weekly, AND it can happen anytime.

contact me on external sites for a faster response.
(source for leftmost gif: thebrawlgirl)

ScratchCat1038
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Awesome! I haven't seen the new featured article but I'll be sure to check it out.

buh
do y'all know what time of year it is? also use shift+down to scroll
GIVE AN INTERNET so i can feed my family

“if on edge, bounce” block visualization

oh, so you drink water?
describe the flavor without using the word “water”
Lxmas_Gxmes
Scratcher
100+ posts

i didnt know yesterday was the wiki wednesday lol

Gamer | Male | Joined Feb 25

Hey there!
(scroll down by ctrl+shift+down arrow)

Hi! I am Lxmas_Gxmes. you can call me Lx or Lxmas. i create animations, and games! (scroll down by doing ctrl+shift+down arrow for more)

Old Profile: My Old Profile
Test Account: My Test account
Quizizz Account: My quizizz Account. Enjoy quizes with gamesmodes…

We're no strangers to love
You know the rules and so do I
A full commitment's what I'm thinking of
You wouldn't get this from any other guy
I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you
Crispydogs101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Lxmas_Gxmes wrote:

i didnt know yesterday was the wiki wednesday lol
LOL Me too.

when I receive [XD]
switch costume to [XD]
stamp
pen up

Hey! Look at this DTA!
Hej! My username is @Crispydogs101. I like listening to music, playing games, and more!
Sarah and duck, Pete the cat, Pegboard nerds, Tokyo machine, FORZA FAN!! Be High contrast Blue Be rich
Crispydogs101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LiFaytheGoblin wrote:

Today we have the 73rd edition of Wiki Wednesday for everyone!

Without further ado, here are the Wiki Articles of the Month:

English: Sound Editor
The Sound Editor in Scratch allows a user to edit and remix sounds in the Scratch editor. It includes the ability to speed up or slow down a sound, make a sound quieter or louder, add a fade in/out, among other capabilities.

The Scratch 3.0 sound editor

Japanese (日本語): Scratch統計情報
Scratch統計情報では、Scratchに関連する様々な統計情報を表示しており、2013年10月15日に公開された。 2007年5月のScratch 2.0リリース時から、現在までの統計が表示されている。

What is the Scratch Wiki?
The Scratch Wiki is a collaboratively-written wiki available for free that provides information about the Scratch programming language and its website, history, and phenomena surrounding it. The wiki is supported by the Scratch Team, but is primarily written by Scratchers. The Scratch Wiki is a popular source of information for scripts and tutorials, and it continues to grow as Scratchers use it as their primary source of information. This could also include advanced articles for Scratchers around the world to build, share, and see.
(Source: Scratch Wiki)

Missing Languages

There are many languages which do not have a Scratch Wiki! If you know a language without a Wiki, then you can help create one. Learn more here! We are looking for native speakers in a certain language and do not require any applicants to have a perfect grasp on the English language.

By the way, did you know…
… Shift+Backspace in the sound editor will delete all of a sound except the portion selected
… Scratchにはたくさんの人が参加していて、たくさんのプロジェクトが共有されているよ!

A big thank you goes to jvvg for organizing this Wiki Wednesday and writing the post. Credit to Yummygum on iconfinder.com for the flag icons!
Pretty awsome!

Hey! Look at this DTA!
Hej! My username is @Crispydogs101. I like listening to music, playing games, and more!
Sarah and duck, Pete the cat, Pegboard nerds, Tokyo machine, FORZA FAN!! Be High contrast Blue Be rich
ScolderCreations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

While I'm sure you like the alliteration in your titles I don't think “Wiki Wednesday” is something you should set the title to on a day that isn't Wednesday.

Marc92020
Scratcher
1000+ posts

wiki thursday xdddd
btw the sound editor, cool feature
also i have not seen a wiki wednesday in a while

Marc92020
i do stuff

image updates whenever i check