Discuss Scratch

scratch_warrior_cat
Scratcher
500+ posts

[CLOSED] Collab on a generic platformer

Welcome Willow!

Also, Katie, I don't know if it's just scratch messing up the quality of your wonderful thumbnail, but the words still aren't standing out on the studio thumbnail :\.

Maybe you could make the words bigger, or change them to black? (sorry about all the edits, btw!)

always-wriiting
Scratcher
500+ posts

Xx_Hermione_xX wrote:

haiii Katie! could you tell me everything that has been worked out, officially? I need to go to bed soon as well (my time zone is aest)

Like the word count groups and things like that

So Wari and Hope are going to be government leaders (they'll each have their own wordcount group, and one will have peacekeeping forces and the other will have another type(blanking atm haha))

I'll be a rebel leader, the one in charge of the spy ring! So that leaves you with the other rebel group (I also forget this one, it's on page 2 I think)

AGH GTG BRB

scratch_warrior_cat
Scratcher
500+ posts

always-wriiting wrote:

Xx_Hermione_xX wrote:

haiii Katie! could you tell me everything that has been worked out, officially? I need to go to bed soon as well (my time zone is aest)

So Wari and Hope are going to be government leaders (they'll each have their own wordcount group, and one will have peacekeeping forces and the other will have another type(blanking atm haha))

I'll be a rebel leader, the one in charge of the spy ring! So that leaves you with the other rebel group (I also forget this one, it's on page 2 I think)

AGH GTG BRB

For Willow: My government group will be the research division, and you can be the leader of the rebel technology department!

scratch_warrior_cat
Scratcher
500+ posts

About alliances:

We're officially siblings with Myth and Non-fi, and we're going to have a hangout studio for the “Mythical Mythfic Sibling Trio” :D

Luna confirmed our alliance with Horror.

Vi has asked if we want to be allies with Fairy Tales. What do you guys think?

Xx_Hermione_xX
Scratcher
500+ posts

always-wriiting wrote:

Xx_Hermione_xX wrote:

So Wari and Hope are going to be government leaders (they'll each have their own wordcount group, and one will have peacekeeping forces and the other will have another type (snip)

Okie found it! Also maybe it could be like the fighters instead of technology- coz I don’t get the simulations (sorry if I’m being annoying! I’m soooo sorry)

hey, i'm willow (highlight + shift + arrow button to read)
she/her - aest
reader . writer . artist . musician . camp enthusiast

leader + host: ____, src ‘24| co-leader: tragedy, swc ’24 | leader: surrealism, sac ‘24 | host + leader: utopian, src ’23 | co-leader: steampunk, swc ‘23 | leader: ink, sac ’23 | co-host + leader: film, cpq ‘23 | host: snc ’23 | leader: fantasy, src ‘23 | camper: illu-fi, swc ’23 | co-leader: sci-fi, swc ‘23 | host + leader: journalist, snc ’23 | leader: fan-fi, swc ‘22 | co-leader: fanfi, swc ’22 | + more <33

“ the most interesting plants grow in the dark ”
Xx_Hermione_xX
Scratcher
500+ posts

scratch_warrior_cat wrote:

always-wriiting wrote:

Xx_Hermione_xX wrote:

AGH GTG BRB

For Willow: My government group will be the research division, and you can be the leader of the rebel technology department!
Oohhhhh now I get it kk, nvm above

she/her - aest

leader + host: ____, src ‘24| co-leader: tragedy, swc ’24 | leader: surrealism, sac ‘24 | host + leader: utopian, src ’23 | co-leader: steampunk, swc ‘23 | leader: ink, sac ’23 | co-host + leader: film, cpq ‘23 | host: snc ’23 | leader: fantasy, src ‘23 | camper: illu-fi, swc ’23 | co-leader: sci-fi, swc ‘23 | host + leader: journalist, snc ’23 | leader: fan-fi, swc ‘22 | co-leader: fanfi, swc ’22 | + more <33

always-wriiting
Scratcher
500+ posts

Okay I’m back! I’m only on mobile tho- so Wari will need to explain that. I think a Fairy Tales alliance is great!! Like I said though, I’ll hopefully have a full to do done by 530pm EST

scratch_warrior_cat
Scratcher
500+ posts

Xx_Hermione_xX wrote:

always-wriiting wrote:

Xx_Hermione_xX wrote:

AGH GTG BRB

Oohhhhh now I get it kk, nvm above

So, the simulations are just a fancy word for making our campers write fanfiction ^^

always-wriiting
Scratcher
500+ posts

NOTE: my to do will Also consist of a summary of what we’ve got so far to help organize thoughts better

scratch_warrior_cat
Scratcher
500+ posts

always-wriiting wrote:

NOTE: my to do will Also consist of a summary of what we’ve got so far to help organize thoughts better
Sounds good!

Xx_Hermione_xX
Scratcher
500+ posts

Ok! Can we do matching pfps if so could I do them? I’ll share a preview of one tmr- irks 10:30pm where I live sooo gn! I’ll be on at 6:00am aest!

she/her - aest

-HopeMelodies-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Ooh, cool! Sounds great with me!
scratch_warrior_cat
Scratcher
500+ posts

Xx_Hermione_xX wrote:

Ok! Can we do matching pfps if so could I do them? I’ll share a preview of one tmr- irks 10:30pm where I live sooo gn! I’ll be on at 6:00am aest!
Good night!

Also, I had a few ideas about the pfps, so could we discuss the format when you get back? ^^

always-wriiting
Scratcher
500+ posts

Xx_Hermione_xX wrote:

Good night!

Also, I had a few ideas about the pfps, so could we discuss the format when you get back? ^^

Maybe make a description/example and put it in a post so it’ll be ready when Willow returns? And you can get right to work?

scratch_warrior_cat
Scratcher
500+ posts

always-wriiting wrote:

Xx_Hermione_xX wrote:

Good night!

Maybe make a description/example and put it in a post so it’ll be ready when Willow returns? And you can get right to work?
Ok, I'll get started on that!

always-wriiting
Scratcher
500+ posts

Welcome Willow!

Also, Katie, I don't know if it's just scratch messing up the quality of your wonderful thumbnail, but the words still aren't standing out on the studio thumbnail :\.

Maybe you could make the words bigger, or change them to black? (sorry about all the edits, btw!)

Hey! Sorry I missed this. That’s the nature of thumbs unfortunately- they tend to get a little weird. I can try to adjust sizing but a little blur isn’t a huge problem I don’t think

EDIT: I found some new dimensions, I’ll try them later

Last edited by always-wriiting (May 19, 2022 13:11:31)

-HopeMelodies-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hi again!
I tried this new technique on Canva and I completed the first studio thumbnail, “The Research Division.” I'm almost done with the “Peacekeeping Force,” but tell me what you think! Is it a little too much, should I add more, or are there just some minor edits to be done?

https://www.canva.com/design/DAFBI5ok_68/iBfXMzQ8qS7UMEfFBvWYSw/view?utm_content=DAFBI5ok_68&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link&utm_source=publishsharelink
-HopeMelodies-
Scratcher
100+ posts

always-wriiting wrote:

Welcome Willow!

Hey! Sorry I missed this. That’s the nature of thumbs unfortunately- they tend to get a little weird. I can try to adjust sizing but a little blur isn’t a huge problem I don’t think

EDIT: I found some new dimensions, I’ll try them later

I think maybe using a “transparent light box” or a “transparent dark box” would help! The more you layer the boxes, the better the text stands out. You can just pick whether a dark color or light color fits the theme of the thumbnail best!
-HopeMelodies-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Brainstorm cabin activities and how to make the storyline interactive

This is one of the things we haven't exactly discussed about too much. I did propose the idea of having an RP studio, but I believe I never got a yes from Wari nor Willow about it. As soon as I get both of your consents, I'll get started on the thumb and desc for that studio!

NOTE :

Still working on the pending four thumbs!!!
scratch_warrior_cat
Scratcher
500+ posts

-HopeMelodies- wrote:

Hi again!
I tried this new technique on Canva and I completed the first studio thumbnail, “The Research Division.” I'm almost done with the “Peacekeeping Force,” but tell me what you think! Is it a little too much, should I add more, or are there just some minor edits to be done?

https://www.canva.com/design/DAFBI5ok_68/iBfXMzQ8qS7UMEfFBvWYSw/view?utm_content=DAFBI5ok_68&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link&utm_source=publishsharelink

I think the thumbnail looks really nice! However, I do want to put out some of my ideas to make all the thumbnails look somewhat uniform throughout the cabin:

First, what color palette did you use for the cabin thumbnail, Katie? We should establish those colors and use them in all the thumbnails, and clarify which ones are used for the rebels and which ones are used for the government.

Second, I think we should brainstorm a symbol for each word group. We could put it in the matching pfps and the word group thumbnails! For example, we could have tech/science symbols for the Research Division and Tech Department, a protection symbol (like a shield or something) for the Peacekeeping Force, and a spy symbol for the Spy Ring.

What do you guys think?