Discuss Scratch

scratch_warrior_cat
Scratcher
500+ posts

[CLOSED] Collab on a generic platformer

(sorry for the late reply!) Hmm, I really like the fourth one, but it seems a bit catastrophic to start out XD.

WAIT I HAVE AN IDEA!!!

What if we make the thumbnail more glitchy as the session goes on? We could have the cleanest version for the first few days, then make it look more glitchy every week! Then, once our amazing campers have saved the planet, we could change it into a thumbnail that shows a united republic! What do you think?

scratch_warrior_cat
Scratcher
500+ posts

Also, I have to sign off now, but I'll get back to you in the morning! <3

always-wriiting
Scratcher
500+ posts

scratch_warrior_cat wrote:

(sorry for the late reply!) Hmm, I really like the fourth one, but it seems a bit catastrophic to start out XD.

WAIT I HAVE AN IDEA!!!

What if we make the thumbnail more glitchy as the session goes on? We could have the cleanest version for the first few days, then make it look more glitchy every week! Then, once our amazing campers have saved the planet, we could change it into a thumbnail that shows a united republic! What do you think?

YESS I love that!! And I'll see you tomorrow! I think I'm going to get started on a studio- if that's alright? I can transfer the hostship to you, I'm just looking for something to do

always-wriiting
Scratcher
500+ posts

Alright, made a studio as a draft for me to mess with, and I sent an invite to you Wari if you're interested

-HopeMelodies-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hi again!

Sorry for the late reply, I was at sports practice!!

Thank you so much for the critics and I really do think all of your suggestions are awesome! I definitely think Wari's idea makes my character sound a little more subtle, which I'm totally fine with! In addition, I'd be happy to lead the Peacekeeping Force!

In terms of hierarchy or “ranks,” I think Katie's idea is great, but I'm confused– do you mean that the campers get switched if their ranks increase because of currency? It would help if you were a little more thorough about that

As for the thumbnail, I viewed all four and I really liked #3 and #4 the most! #3's color really brought out the white lettering, but #4 was dull, yet really cool with the moving glitches and stuff! I'm honestly torn between the two choices, but amazing job Katie!!!

I really like the overall plot, and I'm glad you both pretty much filled the holes in the story. I think I might've gotten a little too sidetracked with the story writing that my mind totally slipped the fact that we were assigning the roles to actual people ._. Silly me, but yes, Katie's idea seems more realistic. I also think that since we're assigning roles to everyone, It would be proper to have an RP studio just for fun and since it gives us an advantage with the amount of words campers write!

I got this random idea from one of my friends, @pikachurainbow122 , but what if we hosted festivals during the camp? Something just to make the campers' experience more fun! I am aware that it will be a LOOOOT of work, but It would be really cool at the same time!!!

I honestly really like all of Katie's anomally symbols, especially the one Wari chose! ₰ and ‰ are two other symbols I found that kinda portray anomalies.

To sum everything up, I really love how smoothly everything is going so far and how we are able to work with each other, and yeah! I think just a few more tiny holes to fill up and we can start writing drafts for the desc!

always-wriiting
Scratcher
500+ posts

I think festivals don't quite match our theme, but RP sounds amazing and I think we could do a modified version of the festivals.

I made a sample draft desc here https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/31636176/ and I agree, Wari's symbol choice was excellent

-HopeMelodies-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Ooh, really great organization! I'm working one one right now, so I'll see how I can incorporate so of your ideas in it!!

Btw love the rubber duck
-HopeMelodies-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Finished my draft, mostly just the same things just I thought we should also acknowledge all of the campers…? Dunno if it's a good idea in terms of space what do you guys think? – https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/31636299/comments
always-wriiting
Scratcher
500+ posts

-HopeMelodies- wrote:

Finished my draft, mostly just the same things just I thought we should also acknowledge all of the campers…? Dunno if it's a good idea in terms of space what do you guys think? – https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/31636299/comments

I think it looks good- but it is a touch overstylized. We want to keep the design simple and easy to read, while still matching our theme.

https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/29715230/comments/

https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/29753282/

These are good examples from July of last year.

Also, we won't be including the campers in the main desc. They'll be in their wordcount studios

Last edited by always-wriiting (May 19, 2022 02:47:53)

scratch_warrior_cat
Scratcher
500+ posts

Hello! I'm back! I need a bit to look over everything, but first, GREAT JOB ON THE STUDIO KATIE! :D Also, we've got our last co:
Willow! (@Xx_Hermione_xX)

Willow, I'll add you into the description soon. As you can see, we've already started planning, but you are free to make any comments or suggestions! :D

always-wriiting
Scratcher
500+ posts

Hello! I'm back! I need a bit to look over everything, but first, GREAT JOB ON THE STUDIO KATIE! :D Also, we've got our last co:

Willow, I'll add you into the description soon. As you can see, we've already started planning, but you are free to make any comments or suggestions! :D

Glad you like it!! Should I add the thumb? (I'll update it with Willow too). Also, I figure we should try to save putting the real desc in until right before the session starts so that we can keep our story a secret. I can put the thumb in tho ^^

scratch_warrior_cat
Scratcher
500+ posts

always-wriiting wrote:

Glad you like it!! Should I add the thumb? (I'll update it with Willow too). Also, I figure we should try to save putting the real desc in until right before the session starts so that we can keep our story a secret. I can put the thumb in tho ^^

Sounds good! I have only one concern about the thumb: it's a bit hard to see the letters with the light-ish background and the white words. Could you try making either the lift effect on the text stronger, or putting a transparent dark rectangle over the background to make it a bit darker?

always-wriiting
Scratcher
500+ posts

always-wriiting wrote:

Sounds good! I have only one concern about the thumb: it's a bit hard to see the letters with the light-ish background and the white words. Could you try making either the lift effect on the text stronger, or putting a transparent dark rectangle over the background to make it a bit darker?

Yep! One sec

scratch_warrior_cat
Scratcher
500+ posts

Hmm, yes it looks good! Could you also do the lift effect on the words “SWC July 2022”?

-HopeMelodies-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hey Guys!

First of all, hi Willow! You sound like an amazing person and I can't wait to work with you!!

Thank you so much guys for working so hard on organizing the studio! You guys are such amazing leaders and I feel so lucky to be working with you guys!! >v<

I think I'm going to start working on the thumbnails for the word count studios, but Katie, could you please tell me which font you used for the studio thumb so that I can somehow make everything match?
always-wriiting
Scratcher
500+ posts

I THINK THE FINAL THUMB IS IN PLACE *hugest sigh of relief*

I used Inndam. I'll be happy to give my thoughts on the thumbs once they're done ^^

-HopeMelodies-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Awesome, thanks! I'll send them to you in a bit!
Xx_Hermione_xX
Scratcher
500+ posts

Haiiii, I’m willow, the third co! Umm I’m a MASSIVE bookworm and a passionate writer! I’m very excited to work with you guys this session!

Here are some of my ideas:
Matching PFPs
Weekly Titles
And maybe we could help with some of our campers time management?

I love the theme as well <3

(Sorry this is soooo short- I currently cannot access my computer- I’m on mobile)

hey, i'm willow (highlight + shift + arrow button to read)
she/her - aest
reader . writer . artist . musician . camp enthusiast

leader + host: ____, src ‘24| co-leader: tragedy, swc ’24 | leader: surrealism, sac ‘24 | host + leader: utopian, src ’23 | co-leader: steampunk, swc ‘23 | leader: ink, sac ’23 | co-host + leader: film, cpq ‘23 | host: snc ’23 | leader: fantasy, src ‘23 | camper: illu-fi, swc ’23 | co-leader: sci-fi, swc ‘23 | host + leader: journalist, snc ’23 | leader: fan-fi, swc ‘22 | co-leader: fanfi, swc ’22 | + more <33

“ the most interesting plants grow in the dark ”
always-wriiting
Scratcher
500+ posts

Hey Willow! I plan on making a more detailed to-do later today, so don't worry, everything will get addressed! We've got some solid info down already, but there are still some things to be worked out, so be sure to voice ideas and/or concerns so they can be addressed. Welcome to the team!

Xx_Hermione_xX
Scratcher
500+ posts

haiii Katie! could you tell me everything that has been worked out, officially? I need to go to bed soon as well (my time zone is aest)

Like the word count groups and things like that

Last edited by Xx_Hermione_xX (May 19, 2022 12:10:59)

hey, i'm willow (highlight + shift + arrow button to read)
she/her - aest
reader . writer . artist . musician . camp enthusiast

leader + host: ____, src ‘24| co-leader: tragedy, swc ’24 | leader: surrealism, sac ‘24 | host + leader: utopian, src ’23 | co-leader: steampunk, swc ‘23 | leader: ink, sac ’23 | co-host + leader: film, cpq ‘23 | host: snc ’23 | leader: fantasy, src ‘23 | camper: illu-fi, swc ’23 | co-leader: sci-fi, swc ‘23 | host + leader: journalist, snc ’23 | leader: fan-fi, swc ‘22 | co-leader: fanfi, swc ’22 | + more <33

“ the most interesting plants grow in the dark ”