Discuss Scratch

SANDVICHISGOOD
Scratcher
100+ posts

Remove the fishbowl default sprite due to fishbowls being unsafe for fish

I've owned tons of fish, and I think that this is kinda silly. Fishbowls aren't great for long time, but either way, fish die fast, especially small ones. I kept a fish in a bowl and it did just fine. It's a matter of maintenance and keeping up on the bowl. if you don't do regular maintenance on a fish tank(even with a heater and filter) its still going to die rather quickly. And the fish species that eats algae(can't remember its name) is expensive, but it can survive in a fish bowl, without a filter because it literally eats algae as a food source. I had that fish in a fishbowl despite the algae and I didn't have to feed it often. removing the fishbowl sprite won't do anything. The fish in the bowl is all over the internet where there is a kid audience, and there is nothing you can do about that. Yes, fishbowls aren't that great, but its not about WHAT you put the fish in, its about WHAT you do with the container. If you don't take care of a fish's location, bowl or tank, its going to die.

So, no support.

POV: average causal scratch forumer about to be obliterated(a forum lurker caught them accidentally making a dupe)
|use shift + down arrow|
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⠀⠀⠀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣀⣤⣤⣴⣤⣶⢶⡶⣶⢶⡶⣶⢶⣷⣾⣷⣼⣇⡀⠙⣦⣄⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡤⠀⣈⣵⣾⡿⠿⠿⠿⠛⡡⠌⡄⢢⠐⡄⢂⠔⡀⢆⠨⢄⡉⡉⠛⠻⣷⣦⣇⠛⣦⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⢂⣴⡿⠟⢋⠡⠐⡂⠔⠢⡑⢄⠃⡌⢄⠃⢌⠂⡜⠐⡌⠒⡄⠢⢑⡈⠡⢄⣉⠿⢿⣮⡹⣦⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⡠⠟⣴⣿⠋⡡⢘⠄⡃⡑⢈⠆⠱⢐⡈⠒⢌⠢⢉⠢⡑⢌⠡⢂⠱⢈⡑⢢⠈⡅⢂⠤⠙⢦⡛⣷⣮⠙⣦⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⡰⢁⣾⡟⠠⡘⠤⢁⠎⡐⢈⠢⠘⡄⢃⠤⢉⠰⡈⢆⠱⡀⢎⠰⠁⠎⡰⢀⠃⡘⢠⠃⡄⢣⢈⠙⢮⠹⣿⡌⠷⣄⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⣰⢇⣿⠏⠤⡑⠄⠣⠌⠒⡈⠤⠑⣈⠐⠢⢌⠢⠑⡰⢈⠢⡐⠌⢂⠍⡰⠐⢨⣴⣥⣆⣌⡠⠡⠌⢂⡌⢣⡙⣿⡖⢿⡆⠀⠀
⠀⣰⣯⣿⠏⡰⠡⠌⡌⢁⢊⠡⣘⣤⣷⣦⡌⠁⢆⠢⡑⠄⢣⠐⡡⢊⠔⡨⢐⡁⠊⠝⠻⠿⠿⣿⣷⣎⠰⡐⠠⠙⡜⣿⡆⠹⡄⠀
⣴⣏⣽⡟⡐⠣⢑⡈⠰⢈⣎⣷⣿⠿⠛⡙⢠⢉⠢⢑⡈⠜⡠⠑⡄⢣⠈⡔⠡⢌⠱⣈⠁⠆⠒⡠⠛⢇⠠⣁⠣⢁⠢⢹⣿⡀⠹⡀
⣿⣳⣿⠡⠌⡑⠢⣈⢁⠚⣿⠿⣁⠢⢁⠆⢡⠂⢅⠢⠌⡰⢀⠣⠘⡄⠱⡀⢃⠆⠢⠄⡩⠘⢠⠁⡌⠤⠑⣀⠃⠆⡡⠂⢿⣧⠀⠃
⣟⣿⡏⠰⣈⠔⠡⢂⠂⡌⡐⠰⢀⢂⠃⡘⢄⢊⡐⢢⠘⢠⠡⠌⡁⢆⠱⢈⠢⠌⡑⠰⡠⠵⣂⣞⣲⣬⣵⣀⣩⠐⡄⠱⢈⣿⣆⠀
⣿⣿⢀⠃⠤⣘⠰⡦⢵⣒⣰⣡⣎⣤⣜⣀⠆⢂⠌⡄⢩⠐⡌⠰⡁⢌⠰⢁⢂⣲⢞⣫⣷⣿⠿⠿⠿⠿⠟⠛⠿⣿⣷⣧⣆⣼⣿⠀
⣼⣇⢂⣉⣶⣿⣿⣿⡿⠿⠻⠛⠛⠛⠻⠿⣿⣷⣮⣄⡡⢒⠨⣁⠒⠨⣐⣼⣫⣿⡿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⣀⣀⢀⡀⠀⠀⠈⠙⠻⣿⣿⠀
⣿⡇⣦⣿⡟⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⣀⣀⠀⠀⠈⠙⠻⣿⣦⣑⠢⢈⡱⣥⣾⠿⠋⠀⠀⣠⣴⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣦⣄⠘⠀⢻⣿⠀
⣿⣯⣿⠏⠀⠀⢀⣴⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣦⡝⣣⣿⡟⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⠀⣹⣟⠀
⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣟⣿⣷⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣇⣿⡟⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠀⣿⣿⠁
⣿⢿⣿⣇⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⡿⣿⡅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠛⣀⣼⣿⣟⠇
⣿⣾⢿⣿⣆⠀⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠟⠁⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⢃⢿⣿⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⠛⠙⠋⠉⠁⣀⣴⣿⢟⣻⣿⠏⣠
⠈⢻⣌⢿⣿⣦⡀⠀⠉⠛⠛⠿⠛⠛⠉⠁⠀⠀⢀⣠⣶⡿⠿⢃⠉⡤⠙⠿⢿⣷⣶⣤⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⡾⠿⣟⠹⣆⣻⣿⣟⣼⠇
⠀⠀⢻⡌⢿⣿⣿⣶⣤⣤⣀⡀⣀⢀⣀⣀⣤⣶⣿⠟⢋⠄⡱⢈⠒⠤⣉⠐⢂⠤⢉⠛⡙⢋⠛⣍⢲⡰⣉⠳⣌⢻⣼⣿⢡⡾⠁⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠙⢷⡙⢿⣿⣙⡻⠿⠿⢿⡛⢿⠛⢋⠍⡠⠌⡰⢈⠔⠨⡐⠡⢠⠉⢢⠘⠄⠣⢈⠂⡹⢌⡖⣡⢍⣷⣾⣿⠟⣱⠟⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⡼⣟⢿⣿⣧⣙⠦⡙⣆⠏⡄⢊⠔⡈⠔⡁⢊⠔⠡⡑⢢⠘⠤⣈⢆⣑⣢⣥⣔⡌⣾⣵⣿⢟⣫⣷⠾⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠷⣜⣻⣿⣷⣭⣆⠣⠄⢃⣤⣥⣎⣴⣥⣮⣶⣵⣾⣾⣿⠿⡿⣿⢻⣿⣿⠿⣿⣯⡿⠛⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⠿⣭⡛⣿⢿⣶⣬⣿⣟⣛⣻⣉⣋⣭⣩⣥⣦⣶⣶⢿⣻⡿⢋⣾⠻⠋⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⣉⣷⢿⣭⢛⡛⣻⠛⡟⢻⡛⢻⣯⣽⣓⢒⣩⣙⣉⣟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
MagentaDude1359
Scratcher
100+ posts

SANDVICHISGOOD wrote:

-snip- Yes, fishbowls aren't that great, but its not about WHAT you put the fish in, its about WHAT you do with the container. If you don't take care of a fish's location, bowl or tank, its going to die.

So, no support.
That's true that the fish's health depends more on how much you clean it more than the container, but this topic is also covering how fishbowls are kind of cruel to fish, as fish bowls distort their vision and give them less space to swim around. So you're right on the physical side, but not so much on the mental side.

This is my signature
Follow me
undeterministic
Scratcher
500+ posts

A thing existing on scratch doesn't mean the scratch team promotes it,

ihavenocluewhythisis
Scratcher
100+ posts

wait how do I make scratch cat?

is its like this?

when [no v] key pressed
create cat

im staring into ur soullllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
block army:

this is cloop:
cloop :| {(wood kumquat :: control)} :: grey
idk why the kumquat can fit like that but yeah
also they dissolve kumquats
this is cloner:
cloner :c {} :: variables
they can clone cloop, is just that no evil kumquats came
ihavenocluewhythisis
Scratcher
100+ posts

MagentaDude1359 wrote:

SANDVICHISGOOD wrote:

-snip- Yes, fishbowls aren't that great, but its not about WHAT you put the fish in, its about WHAT you do with the container. If you don't take care of a fish's location, bowl or tank, its going to die.

So, no support.
-snip- You're right on the physical side, but not so much on the mental side.

I agree

fishbowl code LOL

when green flag clicked
forever
if <touching [fish v] ?> then
hurt fish
end
end

Last edited by ihavenocluewhythisis (May 2, 2024 21:34:00)

im staring into ur soullllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
block army:

this is cloop:
cloop :| {(wood kumquat :: control)} :: grey
idk why the kumquat can fit like that but yeah
also they dissolve kumquats
this is cloner:
cloner :c {} :: variables
they can clone cloop, is just that no evil kumquats came
The-Sushi-Cat
Scratcher
500+ posts

MagentaDude1359 wrote:

SANDVICHISGOOD wrote:

So, no support.
That's true that the fish's health depends more on how much you clean it more than the container, but this topic is also covering how fishbowls are kind of cruel to fish, as fish bowls distort their vision and give them less space to swim around. So you're right on the physical side, but not so much on the mental side.

Yeah. Not to mention, it's hard to find a bowl big enough anyway.

SANDVICHISGOOD wrote:

I've owned tons of fish, and I think that this is kinda silly. Fishbowls aren't great for long time, but either way, fish die fast, especially small ones.
Does that make it okay to abuse an animal? If a dog has a year to live, that doesn't give me the right to suddenly stop feeding it and cleaning it? Most healthy fish live > 1 year in good conditions. And if you're keeping goldfish, those live up to 20+ years on average if you decide to put it in an appropriate container
I kept a fish in a bowl and it did just fine.
you don't know that. Fish litterley can't communicate and don't always give signs of stress. Besides, ‘just fine’ is not enough. And besides the “It hasn't happened to me sooo…” Is called the fallacy of personal incredulity. Just because this hasn't happened to you or you don't think it can, doesn't mean it doesn't.
It's a matter of maintenance and keeping up on the bowl. if you don't do regular maintenance on a fish tank(even with a heater and filter) its still going to die rather quickly. And the fish species that eats algae(can't remember its name) is expensive, but it can survive in a fish bowl, without a filter because it literally eats algae as a food source.
And their poop wont cause an issue? What about stuff that falls in? You need a filter, or have a big tank with lots of plants.
I had that fish in a fishbowl despite the algae and I didn't have to feed it often. removing the fishbowl sprite won't do anything. The fish in the bowl is all over the internet where there is a kid audience, and there is nothing you can do about that.
so there's no point in removing something that is abuse? Removing the fishbowl helps remove the fishbowl stereotype. It the very least, it stops some of the spread. Besides, if ST added a sprite of a dog being thrown, people probably wouldn't like that, even though most people probably wouldn't do it themselves. Saying it's pointless makes people work less hard to try and make things better
Yes, fishbowls aren't that great, but its not about WHAT you put the fish in, its about WHAT you do with the container. If you don't take care of a fish's location, bowl or tank, its going to die.

So, no support.

No, container matters. Betta fish need the least amount of space and they still need 5 gallons. Most fishbowls are .5 gallons. And someone said up there, it still distorts their vision and stresses them out. The physical space will lead to stress, which could lead to physical harm (Jumping out of bowl, rubbing scales off, refusal to eat) and it just shortens their lives because guess what? An unhappy fish dies faster

Last edited by The-Sushi-Cat (May 2, 2024 22:03:51)

An evil kumquat ate my first username lol

Call me Sushi!

They/He/It/She in order of preference

A little part of me dies inside when someone says, “He/She” instead of just using they-

Try to refrain from saying, ‘No support’. It comes off as extremely negative. “The forums are for criticism! Don't post it you don't want it!” Agreed. But I never said that you should agree with everyone. No suggestion will ever be perfect
What sounds more constructive?
“No support, people would spam with it”
“This would lead to a lot of spam, since people can't get away from it. Not to mention, it might upset a few people with the way it's implemented”

In #1, you didn't help OP at all. You said you didn't like it, and why. Nothing else. Not even what was causing the issue of spam
In #2, you pointed out the flaws and the root causes of them. Flaws shouldn't always get a suggestion absolutely ignored

And simply supporting doesn't always help either. It's not a voting system, it's improving your ideas. There's going to be cons, there's going to be flaws, and that's the point of the suggestions. No suggestion is ever 100% perfect in any way
Here are some things you can look out for:
-Are there any flaws/cons that haven't been addressed or fixed?
-Is this idea fully flushed out? Or are there some questions you can ask?
-Are there any flaws that you know how to fix or do you know how to flush something out a bit more?
-Is there anyone else who is confused and needs some clarification?

If you don't have to do any of these, then you can move on!

Is a suggestion unable to be added because it's just impossible? Point out why and have them decide what to do next
But still, try not to say ‘no support’
The-Sushi-Cat
Scratcher
500+ posts

WindowsAdmin wrote:

How are people getting triggered over the smallest things like this? Kids won't grow up to use scratch as advice on what to do in life. (if they are sane) They would go to Wikipedia and see that you shouldn't do this. And that is literally how fish are stereotyped.

DangerPuppy10 wrote:

Barney_at_Bonels83 wrote:

Semi support, but people are just gonna draw their own fish bowl
The idea is that “The sprite made by the ST themselves supports animal abuse” I do not see how it does, it's just a sprite, a bowl, with a fish in it.
this ^^^^
People are triggered because they don't like an educational site spreading more misinformation about fish which solidifies the stereotype that fish can live in a small, awful cramped space? What?!

No, people don't go online and look. One Google search of “should i put a fish in a bowl” is an overwhelming ‘no’. That's why people still use fishbowls, they don't research. People think fish are a ‘starter pet’. they are not. They are expensive. Parents get their kid a fish without proper research and it's gonna die fast and it's gonna get flushed down the toilet (which is something you ALSO shouldn't do, because if your fish had a disease, you could spread it to other fish, and ruin an ecosystem. Bury them instead)

That has never been the idea. I do not think ST supports animal abuse. I think they're misinformed. You're attacking a straw man.

Last edited by The-Sushi-Cat (May 2, 2024 21:55:14)

Call me Sushi!

A little part of me dies inside when someone says, “He/She” instead of just using they-

Try to refrain from saying, ‘No support’. It comes off as extremely negative. “The forums are for criticism! Don't post it you don't want it!” Agreed. But I never said that you should agree with everyone. No suggestion will ever be perfect
“This would lead to a lot of spam, since people can't get away from it. Not to mention, it might upset a few people with the way it's implemented”

In #1, you didn't help OP at all. You said you didn't like it, and why. Nothing else. Not even what was causing the issue of spam
In #2, you pointed out the flaws and the root causes of them. Flaws shouldn't always get a suggestion absolutely ignored

And simply supporting doesn't always help either. It's not a voting system, it's improving your ideas. There's going to be cons, there's going to be flaws, and that's the point of the suggestions. No suggestion is ever 100% perfect in any way
-Are there any flaws that you know how to fix or do you know how to flush something out a bit more?

Is a suggestion unable to be added because it's just impossible? Point out why and have them decide what to do next
SANDVICHISGOOD
Scratcher
100+ posts

MagentaDude1359 wrote:

SANDVICHISGOOD wrote:

So, no support.
I've never used a distorting glass fish bowl. And I only ever use fish bowls for extremely tiny fish my other fish would eat. But I understand what your saying.

POV: average causal scratch forumer about to be obliterated(a forum lurker caught them accidentally making a dupe)
|use shift + down arrow|
SANDVICHISGOOD
Scratcher
100+ posts

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

MagentaDude1359 wrote:

SANDVICHISGOOD wrote:

So, no support.

Yeah. Not to mention, it's hard to find a bowl big enough anyway.

SANDVICHISGOOD wrote:

I've owned tons of fish, and I think that this is kinda silly. Fishbowls aren't great for long time, but either way, fish die fast, especially small ones.
Does that make it okay to abuse an animal? If a dog has a year to live, that doesn't give me the right to suddenly stop feeding it and cleaning it? Most healthy fish live > 1 year in good conditions. And if you're keeping goldfish, those live up to 20+ years on average if you decide to put it in an appropriate container
I kept a fish in a bowl and it did just fine.
you don't know that. Fish litterley can't communicate and don't always give signs of stress. Besides, ‘just fine’ is not enough. And besides the “It hasn't happened to me sooo…” Is called the fallacy of personal incredulity. Just because this hasn't happened to you or you don't think it can, doesn't mean it doesn't.
It's a matter of maintenance and keeping up on the bowl. if you don't do regular maintenance on a fish tank(even with a heater and filter) its still going to die rather quickly. And the fish species that eats algae(can't remember its name) is expensive, but it can survive in a fish bowl, without a filter because it literally eats algae as a food source.
And their poop wont cause an issue? What about stuff that falls in? You need a filter, or have a big tank with lots of plants.
I had that fish in a fishbowl despite the algae and I didn't have to feed it often. removing the fishbowl sprite won't do anything. The fish in the bowl is all over the internet where there is a kid audience, and there is nothing you can do about that.
so there's no point in removing something that is abuse? Removing the fishbowl helps remove the fishbowl stereotype. It the very least, it stops some of the spread. Besides, if ST added a sprite of a dog being thrown, people probably wouldn't like that, even though most people probably wouldn't do it themselves. Saying it's pointless makes people work less hard to try and make things better
Yes, fishbowls aren't that great, but its not about WHAT you put the fish in, its about WHAT you do with the container. If you don't take care of a fish's location, bowl or tank, its going to die.

So, no support.

No, container matters. Betta fish need the least amount of space and they still need 5 gallons. Most fishbowls are .5 gallons. And someone said up there, it still distorts their vision and stresses them out. The physical space will lead to stress, which could lead to physical harm (Jumping out of bowl, rubbing scales off, refusal to eat) and it just shortens their lives because guess what? An unhappy fish dies faster
First off, when I first got fish, I MANUALLY CLEANED THE FISH POOP. Second, as I said before, I only use it for VERY small fish that my other fish would eat. I learned my lesson after my biggest fish ate my smaller fish. I understand, but I don't always use a fishbowl. I never put fish bigger than a small pebble in a bowl. Only my tiny fish which would be eaten. The bowls I use are very big as well.
I understand why your upset and disagree. But that's how I did it. But I'm not a expert! I'm still learning.

|use shift + down arrow|
jmdzti_0-0
Scratcher
100+ posts

RL1123 wrote:

k0d3rrr wrote:

TheTrillion wrote:

Why not ban the football/soccer sprite because you can get injured while playing sports? Everything is dangerous or bad if you think of it that way.
~snipping for the sake of size~
While we're at it, why don't we ban the Ghost sprite? It could scare kids.
No! Don't stop there, we need to take down every sprite on the website because it can be dangerous for Scratchers!!!

On a serious note, I think that both sides are exaggerating their argument. We definitely should be careful what's on the site and what's not. However, there's really no fine line between what is too dangerous and what should be removed or banned.

~snipping for the sake of size~
Replacing the sprite would make sense though, but the danger of the fishbowl is pretty unclear and most kids who use this don't mean harm.
ASKAHGSDLASDGFFFSKDFG *ROTFL*
Now but actually, every sprite has it's own backstory, danger and cons, but that adds a interesting touch to every sprite. For example, you could use the ghost sprite to (and I quote) “scare off kids” but you can actually make ghosts run from you!
The problem is not necessarily the sprite, but what you can do with it, that is the reason there are community guidelines and ToU.

Cubeupload is working 0/10
Highlight+shift+down to see more of my signature

─ BREAKING NEWS
The evil kumquats have rebelled and now they don't just eat signatures.
NOW THEY EAT YOUR «MY STUFF» AND OTHER 2.0 UI PAGES! triple click for more info. /j I just wanted to make fun of the bug. ngl would be funny to see people put this on their signatures. please fix this

Creator of The music finders shop, where you can get your favorite songs, without having to download from pesky websites!

My posts
My forum identifier:
uNnqYgxb7K

Keep on being creative :)

did you know that there's a way to use other emojis in the forums? Learn more…

Extra emojis

The-Sushi-Cat
Scratcher
500+ posts

SANDVICHISGOOD wrote:

snip
First off, when I first got fish, I MANUALLY CLEANED THE FISH POOP. Second, as I said before, I only use it for VERY small fish that my other fish would eat. I learned my lesson after my biggest fish ate my smaller fish. I understand, but I don't always use a fishbowl. I never put fish bigger than a small pebble in a bowl. Only my tiny fish which would be eaten. The bowls I use are very big as well.
I understand why your upset and disagree. But that's how I did it. But I'm not a expert! I'm still learning.

You should still take care of your feeder fish. It's not fair to put them in an uncomfortable place until they die. Unless it's not feeder fish, which means it's probably a schooling fish and those need a lot of room.
Anyway, this isn't about your care… I may have gone a bit off topic- my apologies

Call me Sushi!

BananaSlug876
Scratcher
27 posts

I've made a list of sprites we should remove because they are just way too offensive!

1. The Beetle sprite. Kids are scared of bugs!
2. Cheesy Puffs and Milk. It is offensive to people who are lactose intolerant.
3. All 5 dinosaur sprites. Dinosaurs are scary!!
4. The egg sprite, it's offensive to mammals.
5. Fortune cookie because cultural appropriation or something.
6. Ghost. Ghosts are also scary!
7. The present sprite. It could be offensive to people who don't celebrate Christmas.
8. The letter sprites, its offensive to people who don't know the alphabet.

STOP POSTING ABOUT AMONG US I'M TIRED OF SEEING IT! MY FOLLOWERS ON SCRATCH SEND ME MEMES, ON THE FORUMS IT'S FLIPPING MEMES, I WAS IN A STUDIO, RIGHT? AND AAAAALLL OF THE PROJECTS ARE JUST AMONG US STUFF. I-I SHOWED THE SCRATCH CAT TO MY FRIEND I-I SHOWED HIM THE CAT AND I DELETED THE HEAD ARMS AND TAIL AND I SAID, " HEY DUDE, WHEN THE IMPOSTER IS SUS AHAHA DING DING DING DING DING DING DING, DING DING DING! I FREAKING LOOKED AT A TRASH CAN AND I WENT, THAT'S A BIT SUSSY! I LOOK AT MY THUMB I THINK OF THE ASTRONAUT'S HELMET I GO THUMB? MORE LIKE THUMB-SUS! AAAAAAAAAAA
SANDVICHISGOOD
Scratcher
100+ posts

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

SANDVICHISGOOD wrote:

snip

You should still take care of your feeder fish. It's not fair to put them in an uncomfortable place until they die. Unless it's not feeder fish, which means it's probably a schooling fish and those need a lot of room.
Anyway, this isn't about your care… I may have gone a bit off topic- my apologies
I only put my small fish in the bowl because my big fish ate the others.
Thank you for your opinion and view.

|use shift + down arrow|
BringUpYourPost
Scratcher
500+ posts

BananaSlug876 wrote:

I've made a list of sprites we should remove because they are just way too offensive!

7. The present sprite. It could be offensive to people who don't celebrate Christmas.

1. subjective
2. how? I am autistic and don't understand social cues sometimes, does that mean I should be offended when someone does.
3. subjective
4. see 2
5. fortune cookies were made in america
6.subjective
7. Non christmas celebrates use presenets
8. see 2
BananaSlug876
Scratcher
27 posts

BringUpYourPost wrote:

BananaSlug876 wrote:

1. subjective
2. how? I am autistic and don't understand social cues sometimes, does that mean I should be offended when someone does.
3. subjective
4. see 2
6.subjective
8. see 2
this was a joke to show how ridiculous removing a sprite would be

STOP POSTING ABOUT AMONG US I'M TIRED OF SEEING IT! MY FOLLOWERS ON SCRATCH SEND ME MEMES, ON THE FORUMS IT'S FLIPPING MEMES, I WAS IN A STUDIO, RIGHT? AND AAAAALLL OF THE PROJECTS ARE JUST AMONG US STUFF. I-I SHOWED THE SCRATCH CAT TO MY FRIEND I-I SHOWED HIM THE CAT AND I DELETED THE HEAD ARMS AND TAIL AND I SAID, " HEY DUDE, WHEN THE IMPOSTER IS SUS AHAHA DING DING DING DING DING DING DING, DING DING DING! I FREAKING LOOKED AT A TRASH CAN AND I WENT, THAT'S A BIT SUSSY! I LOOK AT MY THUMB I THINK OF THE ASTRONAUT'S HELMET I GO THUMB? MORE LIKE THUMB-SUS! AAAAAAAAAAA
LP372
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BananaSlug876 wrote:

BringUpYourPost wrote:

BananaSlug876 wrote:

1. subjective
3. subjective
4. see 2
6.subjective
8. see 2
The forums aren't for jokes.

Projects I want people to see:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1018171720
undeterminstic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BananaSlug876 wrote:

It isn't a very interesting social commentary as you are not comparing Apples to Apples. Fishbowls cause fish to live a short life and are a form of abuse.

LP372 wrote:

The forums aren't for jokes.
That is a lie

Last edited by undeterminstic (May 3, 2024 15:55:22)

yes
Gamer_Logan819
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BananaSlug876 wrote:

Support for removing all of these. Here are some other sprites that need removed:

(removed by moderator - please keep it polite)
All of the sprites in the dance category: Offensive to people who can’t dance.
Bat: Scary for kids
Frank: Scary for kids
Dragon: Scary for kids
Shark: scary for kids
All witch sprites: Scary for kids
Skeleton sprite: Scary for kids
Dog sprite: Wild dogs could bite kids if they see this and go out and look for dogs.p
Goblin sprite: scary for kids
Hedgehog: Kids will want to go outside and pet hedgehogs
Batter: Could be scary for people who were hit with a baseball bat
All of the sprites with people standing: Offensive to people who can’t stand
Diver: offensive to people who can’t swim

Last edited by Paddle2See (May 3, 2024 18:38:16)

The forum boogeymen are out to get you

Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

I think we have enough arguments both pro and con. Thanks for all the feedback. I appreciate all the different perspectives!

Scratch Team Member, kayak and pickleball enthusiast, cat caregiver.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.
(credit to Za-Chary)

;