Discuss Scratch

Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[No Longer Being Actively Developed] Personal Stickies: Your own profile for stickying topics

PyraEthan12 wrote:

We’re a few posts removed because I was 100th post?
Not sure what happened there.

/hj is the worst tone indicator. It's confusing and ambiguous. I hate it. The point of tone indicators is to indicate tone, or the way that a piece of text should be read, but what does “half joking” mean? Do you just wake up in the morning and think “wow, I really have something I want to talk about seriously but also kinda not, IDK you decide.” It's useless. I hate it. It just provokes a deep rooted anger within me whenever I see it. People just comment /hj as if it makes any sense. It doesn't. Oh wow, it's a tone indicator that's has a relative meaning, how useful, I'll use it in every comment I post. NO. STOP IT. You're a tone indicator, you have only one job, and yet you sit there doing nothing apart angering me.

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)
This one is useful because it tells you that this signature is fully 100% serious. (/srs) Who would've thought that tone indicators needed to tell you something about the piece of text they're attached to? /s

I'm serious, I'm not even going to put multiple (/hj)s a the end of my signature as to mock the previous paragraph for not getting the point of something(like previous version of my signature). /srs
MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[No Longer Being Actively Developed] Personal Stickies: Your own profile for stickying topics

Steve0Greatness wrote:

PyraEthan12 wrote:

We’re a few posts removed because I was 100th post?
Not sure what happened there.
You can say that about a lot of things… weird.

PyraEthan12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

There is only 13 users
Looky1173
Scratcher
100+ posts

Steve0Greatness wrote:

Looky1173 wrote:

I think it could be slightly longer considering ScratchDB’s latency problems.
15 minutes?
Yes!

PyraEthan12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How come when using the scratch auth sign in say “now redirecting you to Personal Stickies” however for ocular saying “now redirecting you to the service that sent you to scratch auth”
Looky1173
Scratcher
100+ posts

PyraEthan12 wrote:

How come when using the scratch auth sign in say “now redirecting you to Personal Stickies” however for ocular saying “now redirecting you to the service that sent you to scratch auth”
Because you can add a `name` query parameter to the Scratch Auth URL, like so: `auth.itinerary.eu.org/auth/?redirect=:redirectLocation&name=:name`, and Ocular doesn't do this yet.

PyraEthan12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Looky1173 wrote:

PyraEthan12 wrote:

Because you can add a `name` query parameter to the Scratch Auth URL, like so: `auth.itinerary.eu.org/auth/?redirect=:redirectLocation&name=:name`, and Ocular doesn't do this yet.
Ok
Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PyraEthan12 wrote:

Conspiracy?

/hj is the worst tone indicator. It's confusing and ambiguous. I hate it. The point of tone indicators is to indicate tone, or the way that a piece of text should be read, but what does “half joking” mean? Do you just wake up in the morning and think “wow, I really have something I want to talk about seriously but also kinda not, IDK you decide.” It's useless. I hate it. It just provokes a deep rooted anger within me whenever I see it. People just comment /hj as if it makes any sense. It doesn't. Oh wow, it's a tone indicator that's has a relative meaning, how useful, I'll use it in every comment I post. NO. STOP IT. You're a tone indicator, you have only one job, and yet you sit there doing nothing apart angering me.

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)
This one is useful because it tells you that this signature is fully 100% serious. (/srs) Who would've thought that tone indicators needed to tell you something about the piece of text they're attached to? /s

I'm serious, I'm not even going to put multiple (/hj)s a the end of my signature as to mock the previous paragraph for not getting the point of something(like previous version of my signature). /srs
PyraEthan12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Steve0Greatness wrote:

PyraEthan12 wrote:

Conspiracy?
?

Last edited by PyraEthan12 (June 25, 2022 00:12:26)

Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)

PyraEthan12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I can’t add a 2nd sticky, any fixes?
Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PyraEthan12 wrote:

I'm not entirely sure what's happening. I've just tried it on a brand new account(to the service, not Scratch in general) and it seems to work… maybe try it again now? Oh, and also was it a new topic–like created withing the past few minutes?

Last edited by Steve0Greatness (June 26, 2022 19:43:48)

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)

Looky1173
Scratcher
100+ posts

Steve0Greatness wrote:

PyraEthan12 wrote:

I'm not entirely sure what's happening. I've just tried it on a brand new account(to the service, not Scratch in general) and it seems to work… maybe try it again now? Oh, and also was it a new topic–like created withing the past few minutes?
ScratchDB was down around the time @PyraEthan12's post was written, so that might have caused the issue. It's back up now.

Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Looky1173 wrote:

ScratchDB was down around the time @PyraEthan12's post was written, so that might have caused the issue.
Ah, that makes sense.

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)

PyraEthan12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Steve0Greatness wrote:

Looky1173 wrote:

ScratchDB was down around the time @PyraEthan12's post was written, so that might have caused the issue.
Ah, that makes sense.
Now, when I tried it. The server stopped responding.
Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PyraEthan12 wrote:

It appears as thought the entire file was erased for some reason… and I don't have any backups. I guess I'll start making backups sometimes.
I've restored most of the user data that was lost for some reason, I honestly have no idea why.

Last edited by Steve0Greatness (June 26, 2022 23:20:14)

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)

PyraEthan12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Steve0Greatness wrote:

PyraEthan12 wrote:

It appears as thought the entire file was erased for some reason… and I don't have any backups. I guess I'll start making backups sometimes.
I've restored most of the user data that was lost for some reason, I honestly have no idea why.
Now it works
Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)

Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BUMP

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)

Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)