Discuss Scratch

Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[No Longer Being Actively Developed] Personal Stickies: Your own profile for stickying topics

I just fixed the weirdest bug… it wouldn't let you sign in at all.
But it works now

/hj is the worst tone indicator. It's confusing and ambiguous. I hate it. The point of tone indicators is to indicate tone, or the way that a piece of text should be read, but what does “half joking” mean? Do you just wake up in the morning and think “wow, I really have something I want to talk about seriously but also kinda not, IDK you decide.” It's useless. I hate it. It just provokes a deep rooted anger within me whenever I see it. People just comment /hj as if it makes any sense. It doesn't. Oh wow, it's a tone indicator that's has a relative meaning, how useful, I'll use it in every comment I post. NO. STOP IT. You're a tone indicator, you have only one job, and yet you sit there doing nothing apart angering me.

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)
This one is useful because it tells you that this signature is fully 100% serious. (/srs) Who would've thought that tone indicators needed to tell you something about the piece of text they're attached to? /s

I'm serious, I'm not even going to put multiple (/hj)s a the end of my signature as to mock the previous paragraph for not getting the point of something(like previous version of my signature). /srs
Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[No Longer Being Actively Developed] Personal Stickies: Your own profile for stickying topics

bump…

Oh, and BTW you can now log in via your profile comments.

Last edited by Steve0Greatness (June 10, 2022 00:20:33)

/hj is the worst tone indicator. It's confusing and ambiguous. I hate it. The point of tone indicators is to indicate tone, or the way that a piece of text should be read, but what does “half joking” mean? Do you just wake up in the morning and think “wow, I really have something I want to talk about seriously but also kinda not, IDK you decide.” It's useless. I hate it. It just provokes a deep rooted anger within me whenever I see it. People just comment /hj as if it makes any sense. It doesn't. Oh wow, it's a tone indicator that's has a relative meaning, how useful, I'll use it in every comment I post. NO. STOP IT. You're a tone indicator, you have only one job, and yet you sit there doing nothing apart angering me.

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)
This one is useful because it tells you that this signature is fully 100% serious. (/srs) Who would've thought that tone indicators needed to tell you something about the piece of text they're attached to? /s

I'm serious, I'm not even going to put multiple (/hj)s a the end of my signature as to mock the previous paragraph for not getting the point of something(like previous version of my signature). /srs
MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

To be honest, if your software is popular enough. Bumping is unneccesary, someone will hear about it from someone else, and find the topic and make posts themselves.

DifferentDance8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Steve0Greatness wrote:

bump

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

To be honest, if your software is popular enough. Bumping is unneccesary, someone will hear about it from someone else, and find the topic and make posts themselves.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME
NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DifferentDance8 wrote:

(#95)

Steve0Greatness wrote:

bump

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

That's the thing: this software isn't popular enough to not bump. Only a few people have used it so far, but if he keeps bumping the topic there's more potential for more people to use it.

Help improve the Advanced Topics (Really!)
Before you create a topic:
Always search for duplicates or other similar topics before making an umbrella topic, e.g., “The Mac Topic”.
  • Is it about something you are planning on making but haven't made yet? If so, please wait to post until you have created a working prototype. This is a key factor to keeping the ATs as clean as possible.
  • The ATs aren't technical support. It is perfectly valid to ask questions about things related to programming, but not issues with external websites, apps, or devices. Most sites have their own support system; try asking there!
  • Is it related to something you are making in Scratch? (This includes OSes and other Scratch projects) If so, please post in Collaboration, Show and Tell, or another similar forum.
  • Is your topic questionably “advanced”? Try browsing the other forums to see if your topic fits better in one of those.
  • Issues with Scratch itself should be put in Bugs and Glitches.
Before you post: Is what you're posting likely to start an argument or derail the thread (e.g., browsers, operating systems)? If so, please re-think your post!

Looky1173
Scratcher
100+ posts

The new dark mode looks great, resembling almost a command line window!

Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Looky1173 wrote:

The new dark mode looks great, resembling almost a command line window!
thanks!

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)

PyraEthan12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I tried this out and I think it’s cool
100th post by the way (in the thread)

Last edited by PyraEthan12 (June 20, 2022 06:23:43)

Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump… again.

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)

ScratchcatandGobo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This is pretty neat!

Check out Leo's adventure
I felt like I wanted to develop games on here, so I won't leave! (for now)
(last edited 2/8/24)

Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump…

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)

Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

again: bump,

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)

Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This now checks every topic that everyone has stickied to see if they are up to date with the name currently on ScratchDB.

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)

Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)

Looky1173
Scratcher
100+ posts

Steve0Greatness wrote:

This now checks every topic that everyone has stickied to see if they are up to date with the name currently on ScratchDB.
Cool! How often does it do this?

Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Looky1173 wrote:

Steve0Greatness wrote:

every 10 minutes. Should it be shorter?

Last edited by Steve0Greatness (June 23, 2022 19:42:07)

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)

Looky1173
Scratcher
100+ posts

Steve0Greatness wrote:

Looky1173 wrote:

Steve0Greatness wrote:

every 10 minutes. Should it be shorter?
I think it could be slightly longer considering ScratchDB’s latency problems.

Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Looky1173 wrote:

I think it could be slightly longer considering ScratchDB’s latency problems.
15 minutes?

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)

PyraEthan12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

We’re a few posts removed because I was 100th post?
PyraEthan12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Oh btw now I'm 100th post