Discuss Scratch

ninjaMAR
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A way to filter messages! (300+ supporters)

5xsavvy wrote:

Yllie wrote:

snip
support
why

Last edited by ninjaMAR (Jan. 9, 2021 21:21:15)

GoogleInScratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support.

Studio activity messages are so annoying >:(

Last edited by GoogleInScratch (Jan. 17, 2021 00:30:21)

I moved to DualPikachu, meet me there!
cat_tap
Scratcher
1000+ posts

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

Zappy1333 wrote:

Also speaking of messages, I think there should be an option to get alerted if someone quotes your post even if you're not following the discussion.
No, the quote doesn't work like that. I can quote anyone I want and make them say anything I want.
if you can make them say anything you want, then doesn't that make people be able to quote a perfectly inocent scratcher and make them say bad things? sorry just wondering…

Stuff made by me: (my best projects!)

I make…
Art | Games | Music
And much more!

5:18 PM 2922-02-06 Updated halloween PFP to regular PFP. (Well, if you count a bunch of rainbow lickies as regular xD)
04-18 3:55PM finally fixed image size lol

The Forums

Have you got a question that would be fit for the forums but you can't post on any because you only have a Scratch Account and the only forums on Scratch only allow you to post Scratch related things?
Well, then use that! It's completely organized in the comments as to allow the same moderation as with other Scratch comments.
But you can say way much more. If you want to open a vote, or any question or guide, you can do so in the forums!

(Sorry everything got shortened)

WHAT I DO WHEN I'M BORED…
Appel // Geometry Dash // PolyRhythm
cat_tap
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I would like the search option (that was suggested a while back) as well, i support for that! but i think that by now the rest of this is already added. (which is a good thing)

I make…
Art | Games | Music
And much more!

5:18 PM 2922-02-06 Updated halloween PFP to regular PFP. (Well, if you count a bunch of rainbow lickies as regular xD)

The Forums

Have you got a question that would be fit for the forums but you can't post on any because you only have a Scratch Account and the only forums on Scratch only allow you to post Scratch related things?
Well, then use that! It's completely organized in the comments as to allow the same moderation as with other Scratch comments.
But you can say way much more. If you want to open a vote, or any question or guide, you can do so in the forums!

AHypnoman
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cat_tap wrote:

I would like the search option (that was suggested a while back) as well, i support for that! but i think that by now the rest of this is already added. (which is a good thing)
No, this hasn’t been added, not one bit.

~ AHypnoman (Use Shift+Down Arrow to see the rest of my signature)

I am an evil kumquat, and your siggy looks tasty…
Hello there, I'm AHypnoman, If you write my name remember to capitalize the “H”. “When you don't create things, you become defined by your tastes rather than ability. your tastes only narrow & exclude people. so create.” I write though as tho.
According to the Chrome Console, my viewbox attribute is “Garbage”. Very nice, Chrome.
#TrendyHashtag
Gib internneeet

Play Retorquebit!

GeoBug
Scratcher
100+ posts

cat_tap wrote:

Like AHypnoman said, it hasn't, but it would be a good idea ^^ do you mean like searching who sent/liked them, what certain projects are liked, that kinda stuff?

hi :3
gosoccerboy5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Yes, you can ctrl + f (command + f on a mac) to find specific messages but that doesn't account for messages lower on the list that haven't been loaded yet, and also not everyone knows about ctrl+f (unless I was actually super late to find out ).
Also, the fact that ctrl+f exists means it's possible (and maybe simple) for the ST to make an algorithm to find certain messages.

GeoBug
Scratcher
100+ posts

gosoccerboy5 wrote:

Yes, you can ctrl + f (command + f on a mac) to find specific messages but that doesn't account for messages lower on the list that haven't been loaded yet, and also not everyone knows about ctrl+f (unless I was actually super late to find out ).
Also, the fact that ctrl+f exists means it's possible (and maybe simple) for the ST to make an algorithm to find certain messages.
Yeah, good point! But I think it resets once you hit the messages again, and we'd need a way for mobile users ;-;

hi :3
cat_tap
Scratcher
1000+ posts

GeoBug wrote:

cat_tap wrote:

Like AHypnoman said, it hasn't, but it would be a good idea ^^ do you mean like searching who sent/liked them, what certain projects are liked, that kinda stuff?
what i mean, is, well it was said a while back, that you could type in “collab” and all the messages that contained “collab” would show up.
And also the basic filter was added, when you go into messages there's a grey button to the right, hit this, and you can filter through comment, project, studio, forum…. however, the ability to advance filter with the checking thing was not added. so yes i support for that too!

I make…
Art | Games | Music
And much more!

The Forums

Lemonadeinsummer
Scratcher
100+ posts

Agreed!
cs3866870
Scratcher
100+ posts

Absolutely support!

Hi, I'm cs3866870. Here is my signature (incomplete)

Profile, Favorite Projects, Studios I'm Following, Studios I Curate, Following, Followers
Country Simulator, City Time Machine 3, Live Clicker Game 2.0, Platformer 2, Stick Figure Scratch Adventures: Episode 4
All Projects Welcome, Country Simulator Chatroom, Stick Figure Scratch Adventures Series

AHypnoman
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs3866870 wrote:

Absolutely support!

Lemonadeinsummer wrote:

Agreed!
Please say why.

Hello there, I'm AHypnoman, If you write my name remember to capitalize the “H”. “When you don't create things, you become defined by your tastes rather than ability. your tastes only narrow & exclude people. so create.” I write though as tho.
According to the Chrome Console, my viewbox attribute is “Garbage”. Very nice, Chrome.
#TrendyHashtag
Gib internneeet

Play Retorquebit!

PGBFLITE6373
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support - its a realy good idead that i could use Also sorry to necropost

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
How to make siggie
AHypnoman
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PGBFLITE6373 wrote:

That's not a necropost. Finally someone that writes why.

#TrendyHashtag
Gib internneeet

Play Retorquebit!

PGBFLITE6373
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AHypnoman wrote:

PGBFLITE6373 wrote:

oh sorry it was off the front page

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
How to make siggie
cat_tap
Scratcher
1000+ posts

um bump.

I make…
Art | Games | Music
And much more!

The Forums

cat_tap
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MB0546 wrote:

AHypnoman wrote:

PGBFLITE6373 wrote:

necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necropost necro-snip-
please don't do that it's not related to the topic…. ok it;s a little funny that im being serious i guess.
I still support this!! Being able to filter through messages is a very good idea! ^^

I make…
Art | Games | Music
And much more!

The Forums

Zaphyre
Scratcher
2 posts

I support this idea
DorkyQueen98
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I support this, I want to get messages like if someone commentd on my profile/projects
but it is SUPER annoying when I get messages, I think someone followed me, I click on it and its just studio activity!!

╔═══════════════════════════════════ ∘◦ ☆ ◦∘ ═══════════════════════════╗
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ -ˏˋ SATURN|ASTEROID ˊˎ
✧ SHE/HER ✧ AGE 10 ✧ CRAZY & RIDICOULOUS ✧ SUSHI ✧ STAR WARS ✧ HABIT OF FORGETTING ✧ JAPANESE ✧ ISTP-T -Personality of the day!
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
Generation 6: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.

ninjaMAR
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Zaphyre wrote:

I support this idea
why