Discuss Scratch

epicbattler3
Scratcher
55 posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

I support this! I think that this is a REALLY good idea.

░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
█░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
█░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
█░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░
julianandwill
Scratcher
500+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

I like the idea. Support! But there should be a blacklist.

Wanna help make the longest Scratch movie ever? Go here - https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/235554/

When you [have no idea v] :: events hat
Be all like [ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯] :: motion
Feel [proud v] of [yourself v] :: operators cap
Sorry if I get annoying with bumps. It's probably the kumquats messing up my brain.
Sheep_maker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

julianandwill wrote:

Or just apply the annoying Bad Word Detector

- Sheep_maker This is a kumquat-free signature. :P
This is my signature. It appears below all my posts. Discuss it on my profile, not the forums. Here's how to make your own.
.postsignature { overflow: auto; } .scratchblocks { overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: hidden; }
Rex208
Scratcher
500+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

I don't know if I've already supported, but Support.

MajesticB
Scratcher
500+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

Support! I would love to be able to “say” something everytime somebody posts someting on one of my projects.

THIS ACCOUNT IS ABANDONDED
JonathanSchaffer
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

Did I support already?

club penguin is kil
NanoRook
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

+1

I LOVE BEING PURPLE!!!! JOIN THE PURPLE COALITION TODAY IF YOU ALSO LOVE BEING PURPLE. PURPLE IS THE NEW BLUE! PURPLE IS THE SUPERIOR NAVBAR COLOR! YYYEAAHHHHH BABY!!!!

CuberX
Scratcher
16 posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

Scratchifier wrote:

I had an idea. It's based off of the new Scratcher comment popup that reminds you to be friendly and respectful while commenting. Here's a picture:

The comment addition would be an editable, optional, text popup that appears right next to the comment box while you type your comment. By editable, I mean that the owner of the profile, project, or studio that it is enabled on can type different messages into it whenever they feel like changing the message. They can also get rid of it at any time by just leaving it blank, and it won't show at all.

The first addition is an example of a comment addition on a project.

The “Feel free to request” one is an example of a comment addition on a profile.

And the “Go away” one is an example of what would happen if you reported the project owner's commenting addition for being mean. It would sent a text file of the current comment addition to a moderator. (Mod note: If implemented, make sure that it's not inspect element hackable! Considering that I made all of these with inspect element, I don't want false alerts from trolls reporting an inspect elemented mean addition. )

Anyway, hope you like!
Read below for my opinion.
I actually agree with this concept. Sometimes comments aren't mean, the maker of the project just doesn't neccessarilly want that type of comment. Maybe the maker needs suggestions, this would be very useful. I am in support of this because it will help communication become easier and prevent spam. Support.
Tymewalk
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

Full support.

Here are a few examples I might put:
“Hi! This game is still in early beta development, so report any bugs, please!”
(on a featured project) “Remember not to spam or advertise, as it clutters my inbox
“Have a nice day!”
(on a project that says “Don't Comment” (intended as a joke)) “WHAT DID I JUST SAY?!”

bold thing - italic thing - underlined thing - strikethrough thing
braxbroscratcher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

No no support here… Double negatives

My signature is kumquat proof.
But not tangerine pro-
nomnomnomnomnom

Current Project:
n/a
Quotes: “In our last hour, we burn the most brightly, trying to deny that we are burning out.” -Me
“Well, no. 1024 Killerbytes make a Murderbyte.” -MegaByteCorporations
“I hate out of context quotes.” -Me
“I hate it when Cubeupload breaks.” -Also me
JonathanSchaffer
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

braxbroscratcher wrote:

No no support here… Double negatives
you basically mean support.

club penguin is kil
gamebeater187
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

NO support. this sucks a lot.
Just because it helps people understand the comm. guidelines , It is very annoying.
people would act like the “unban fnaf”

Last edited by gamebeater187 (April 5, 2016 23:26:43)

My 1000th post!
I haven't changed my logo since my 96th post on 2014. Now at 1000 posts, I changed my logo!
braxbroscratcher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

gamebeater187 wrote:

Just because it helps people understand the comm. guidelines , It is very annoying.
Uh… why? Your statement is not coherent and understandeable. Please explain.

My signature is kumquat proof.
But not tangerine pro-
nomnomnomnomnom

Current Project:
n/a
Quotes: “In our last hour, we burn the most brightly, trying to deny that we are burning out.” -Me
“Well, no. 1024 Killerbytes make a Murderbyte.” -MegaByteCorporations
“I hate out of context quotes.” -Me
“I hate it when Cubeupload breaks.” -Also me
CuberX
Scratcher
16 posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

gamebeater187 wrote:

Woah woah woah… how the heck is that related?
Sheep_maker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

gamebeater187 wrote:

You might want to check this out:

Zro716 wrote:

Avoid making these kinds of arguments
  • No support, bad idea. - First, what makes it a “bad idea”? Don't assume the OP knows what you mean by “bad”. Second, don't insult the OP by calling their idea out as “bad”, and instead argue that it will bring more negative consequences than benefits (do remember to list them too).

- Sheep_maker This is a kumquat-free signature. :P
This is my signature. It appears below all my posts. Discuss it on my profile, not the forums. Here's how to make your own.
.postsignature { overflow: auto; } .scratchblocks { overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: hidden; }
OfficialCoding
Scratcher
46 posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

Definatly (pause for effect) SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!
Tymewalk
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

Sheep_maker wrote:

julianandwill wrote:

Or just apply the annoying Bad Word Detector
They could use the Bad Word Detector and have users report the rest.

Doing it this way means that there's the same risk from these messages as the comments themselves.

bold thing - italic thing - underlined thing - strikethrough thing
slarty
Scratcher
100+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

Support! This sounds awesome!!

apforever
Scratcher
87 posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

Support.

set (reporter :: grey) to [Amount] // definable which variable to change 
delete [all v] of [String] in [List v] :: list // deletes a certain amount of a certain string in a certain list
wait () [dropdown of units of time v] :: control // how many seconds, minutes etc. to wait
if touching [Sprite1 v] bounce :: motion // bounces when touching a sprite (or could be a colour)
wait until [key 1 v] is pressed () times within () secs :: sensing // does what it says, could be multiple keys or an if block
() [dropdown of operations v] () :: operators reporter // instead of a block for each operation

Woohoo! Reached [2] [years v] on scratch in [November v] [2015]!!! Joined: [November v] [2013] :: obsolete
Thelnvoker
Scratcher
100+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

theonlygusti wrote:

Hmm, I like the concept a lot, but not the messages you suggested.

I think too many people post their scores in the comments, and it is a useful way of presenting challenges to others, who might accept and develop new relationships. I think that the current message is actually perfect (I think it says to be nice because the person might not have much programming experience).

I do like the idea for profiles though, maybe the profile owner can choose a message for it to display to someone.

And the “go away” one just seems to defy all community guidelines, it's just outright mean and disrespectful. I don't think that Scratch would be able to tell when someone was being mean, but I'm sure that if they could they would just stop the user from commenting altogether.

I agree with @theonlygusti. However, there should be limits set on the messages you can give. For instance, you should not be able to be mean, intolerant, or disrespectful, and the project should be reported if there is a mean pop-up.

I'm a basically a potato or cat or something with a very dark sense of humor who likes steampunk, traditional art, Skyrim, etc.

Anyone wanna RP with me?