Discuss Scratch

Nezon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Starlighter Thread - 2D Space game!

Morecanstine wrote:

I AM IS A ART MAN
indeed

This is my signature (it goes automatically under every post I make)! Here is a bit of advice on foruming, by the way. Don't do SAND. SAND means four words.
SAND means Spam, Advertising, Necroposting, and Derailing.
Spam is when a irrelevant message is sent to many places. Wiki Article: Spam
Advertising is when you promote your studios and projects. Wiki Article: Advertising
Necroposting is when you post on a old topic. It distracts other helpers! Wiki Article: Necroposting
Derailing is when you post something that is irrelevant to the topic, like minimodding. It is called thread hijacking. Wiki Article: Derailing(Derailing idea comes from this guy),
in the process of leaving scratch.
bob has been hidden again :(

Morecanstine
Scratcher
100+ posts

Nezon wrote:

STARLIGHT PLAN GUIDE!

in starlight, you start by scavenging supplies and chunks of your ship that fell off. Then, you create quarters for the npcs to live in, and help them to full health. You start exploring and find a massive alien temple. After a bit of mining and stuff you are able to create a device that powers the temple, and the planet starts moving. You then start scavenging supplies for a new ship and you also explore your old ship, and have 2 days to explore and kill a boss to get the engine of the ship, and disable the core. Then, after you launch the new ship with the survivors, a 2d layout appears of planets and your ship. There's a health bar for hull of ship, sheilds, and buttons for firing lasers and stuff. There are also pirate and alien ships flying around planets. (this is it so far, I'll create a guide project that shows what needs to be designed and created for starlight)

Here's a bit of discussion and useful info: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/480963595/#comments-227447588

What about the Nether planet? And big gun planet?

I get the sentiment and I respect Ukrainian sovereignty, but spamming blue and yellow and putting #standwithukraine isn't helping, it just makes you look like a clout chaser.

That being said, Vladimir Putin is an idiot and if I could go fight in Ukraine I would. Hang in there, Kyiv.
Nezon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Morecanstine wrote:

Nezon wrote:

STARLIGHT PLAN GUIDE!

in starlight, you start by scavenging supplies and chunks of your ship that fell off. Then, you create quarters for the npcs to live in, and help them to full health. You start exploring and find a massive alien temple. After a bit of mining and stuff you are able to create a device that powers the temple, and the planet starts moving. You then start scavenging supplies for a new ship and you also explore your old ship, and have 2 days to explore and kill a boss to get the engine of the ship, and disable the core. Then, after you launch the new ship with the survivors, a 2d layout appears of planets and your ship. There's a health bar for hull of ship, sheilds, and buttons for firing lasers and stuff. There are also pirate and alien ships flying around planets. (this is it so far, I'll create a guide project that shows what needs to be designed and created for starlight)

Here's a bit of discussion and useful info: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/480963595/#comments-227447588

What about the Nether planet? And big gun planet?
I haven't created the full guide yet, though I'm working on it! I'm working on the basic UI design

This is my signature (it goes automatically under every post I make)! Here is a bit of advice on foruming, by the way. Don't do SAND. SAND means four words.
Advertising is when you promote your studios and projects. Wiki Article: Advertising
Necroposting is when you post on a old topic. It distracts other helpers! Wiki Article: Necroposting
Derailing is when you post something that is irrelevant to the topic, like minimodding. It is called thread hijacking. Wiki Article: Derailing(Derailing idea comes from this guy),

Nezon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I made a UI project for starlight! This can always be seen on the guide!

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/577651017/

Heine, is that good enough for you to start working on a basic UI?

Last edited by Nezon (Oct. 1, 2021 02:06:18)

heine
Scratcher
100+ posts

Nezon wrote:

Two questions:
1. Is this the UI for when the player is on the planet or when the ship has been launched?
2. How much of the original test versions should we reuse? Should I just start things from scratch?
Nezon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

heine wrote:

Nezon wrote:

Two questions:
1. Is this the UI for when the player is on the planet or when the ship has been launched?
2. How much of the original test versions should we reuse? Should I just start things from scratch?
I believe so. costume 1 & 2 are for when the player is on the planet and costume 3 is when the ship is launched. you can start from scratch if you want

InternetLizard
Scratcher
500+ posts

Nezon wrote:

internetlizard: npcs and musik
Got it. I'll find some jams to make for the title screen, and work on some NPCs.

select all + shift + down arrow

Starlighter so cool!

BUMP!!!!
InternetLizard
Scratcher
500+ posts

Nezon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I wonder when someone will apply.

Last edited by Nezon (Oct. 1, 2021 13:59:43)

heine
Scratcher
100+ posts

Nezon wrote:

heine wrote:

Nezon wrote:

Two questions:
I believe so. costume 1 & 2 are for when the player is on the planet and costume 3 is when the ship is launched. you can start from scratch if you want
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/144849751/
Not based on the UI project, but I found this old thing I made, do you think it could work as a space UI?
Nezon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

heine wrote:

Nezon wrote:

heine wrote:

Nezon wrote:

Two questions:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/144849751/
Not based on the UI project, but I found this old thing I made, do you think it could work as a space UI?
Yeah. Could use some tweaking and adding of new UI, and not covering the screen in everything

Nezon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nezon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

what if i renamed the game to STARLIGHTER (like lighting up the stars as you fly in your ship)

InternetLizard
Scratcher
500+ posts

Nezon wrote:

what if i renamed the game to STARLIGHTER (like lighting up the stars as you fly in your ship)
Yeah, do that.

Starlighter so cool!

BUMP!!!!
Morecanstine
Scratcher
100+ posts

Nezon wrote:

(PROLOGUE!)

You and your team were on your way to a giant space station, the CPDR (The Coastal Planetary Defense and Research) Station.

Your ship was about to perform a gravity sling maneuver to get to the station.

Suddenly, a ship decloaked, and started firing type-i phaser cannons at you, which sent your ship's hull to 70%. You shot back a few type-ii delta cannons, and a few type-iii torpedos, but no progress on breaking their shield. The back of the other ship opened up to reveal some sort of alien cannon.

The cannon fired, and your whole ship shook hard, with a projectile hitting the starboard side of the ship. Then, you noticed a GIANT GAPING HOLE in the starboard from the 3D ship map. The ship seems to be damaged by a powerful phaser beam, and your ship starting falling due to being pushed down close enough for the planet's gravity to pull it down.

Then, you checked lifeform analyzers and noticed half of the crewmates on board seemed to not be reporting a signal, meaning dead. You knew that something was on board the spaceship, too. You quickly told on the radio for the remaining crewmates go to an lifepod, and be alerted. Grasping the floor, you held onto the ship's controls and steered the ship to a planetary ocean before you ejected in your lifepod.

Your lifepod was half damaged, and you felt extremely hot air through the vents as your lifepod juked and slid across the sand, which also caused a panel to slid open and hit you on the face, knocking you out.

[CONNECTION LOST]
Interesting

I get the sentiment and I respect Ukrainian sovereignty, but spamming blue and yellow and putting #standwithukraine isn't helping, it just makes you look like a clout chaser.

That being said, Vladimir Putin is an idiot and if I could go fight in Ukraine I would. Hang in there, Kyiv.
Nezon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Morecanstine wrote:

Nezon wrote:

Interesting
could you guys not quote a giant post please

Nezon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

why is everyone not interested in coding a space game anymore

Last edited by Nezon (Oct. 2, 2021 02:45:40)

InternetLizard
Scratcher
500+ posts

Nezon wrote:

why is everyone not interested in coding a space game anymore
no idea

Starlighter so cool!

BUMP!!!!
BadHuman_
Scratcher
100+ posts

I could make music if needed. I love doing this kind of stuff

Hi! I'm BadHuman_!
I might be wrong
I might be wrong
I could have sworn I saw a light coming on
Nezon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BadHuman_ wrote:

I could make music if needed. I love doing this kind of stuff
FIll the form