Discuss Scratch

Nezon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Starlighter Thread - 2D Space game!

We're looking for applicants!

Notice: Please don't quote the OP, it's really spammy and confusing!

Welcome to the STARLIGHTER collaboration (used to be STARLIGHT). We're a small dev team that wants to make a awesome space game. We are working on a survival-type game, where we explore an alien world, try to defend your teammates, and discover the secrets of the Karrion. This is in the format of terraria and in a rpg format too. It is inspired by subnautica, terraria, star trek online, and astroneer!

Our team:
Nezon (lazy owner)
edushu (the first coder to get into starlight, left a year ago)
Morecanstine (lazy head concept artist)
InternetLizard (concept artist and music producer)
heine (epic programmmer, busy with life so unable to work right now)
BadHuman_ (music producer)
cooL_gUy6 (former programmer, left scratch)
Oshawottemil (music producer and animator, left collab)
Very_Interesting_Bid (advertiser and banner producer, left collab)
MallardTV (animator and artist)
_PotatoMaster_ (music producer, epic programmer, artist)
Maxiking_2 (programmer)
–cherrykitty– (writer, programmer)
qloakonscratch (forgot)
denyx (concept artist)
Ukulele2007 (programmer)

Lore here (get hyped)

Jobs you can have.

Head programmer: (head of programming)
Programmers: (programmer)
Head Artist (head artist, can appoint assignments to any artist)
Artist: (makes the concepts made by the concept artist better and into a real thing)
Head Concept Artist: (head concept artist)
Concept Artists: (draws ideas and examples)
Animators: (animates whatever the artists make)
Writers: (i'm garbage at writing so i will make you guys do it for me)
Head musician (head of music, can appoint assignments to sound musicians)
Sound Musicians: (musik)
There's rules! Read these before you apply!

Rule 1: Try not to work on anything that will not be useful to the team.
Rule 2: Have fun, there's no deadlines for anything.
Rule 3: If you need to hiatus or leave, please tell us for how long and/or why
Rule 4: remember our motto: “If it exists, we're making fun of it” (Morecanstine)
Rule 5: BEGONE MINECRAFT WE DO NOT MENTION MINECRAFT IN A 2D GAME >:(
Rule 6: Stop quoting large posts or no giant quote chains that fill up the page. I need to be able to see two posts at a time.
Here is the application form!

Preferred name and pronouns:
Job(s) you want:
Your rating of your experience in job (1-10):
Times available:
Good project(s) you have:
and finally, what's rule 5?:
notes:
Once you've been given a heads up on your profile you've been accepted, we'll invite you to the studio to dump projects. If we forgot, please contact us on the forum!

Studio:
https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/27783233/projects/

Guide: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/5657384/

Assignments: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/5657706/

Lore: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/5657082/

Partners: (two posts below)

Last edited by Nezon (March 22, 2022 16:19:20)

This is my signature (it goes automatically under every post I make)! Here is a bit of advice on foruming, by the way. Don't do SAND. SAND means four words.
SAND means Spam, Advertising, Necroposting, and Derailing.
Spam is when a irrelevant message is sent to many places. Wiki Article: Spam
Advertising is when you promote your studios and projects. Wiki Article: Advertising
Necroposting is when you post on a old topic. It distracts other helpers! Wiki Article: Necroposting
Derailing is when you post something that is irrelevant to the topic, like minimodding. It is called thread hijacking. Wiki Article: Derailing(Derailing idea comes from this guy),
in the process of leaving scratch.
bob has been hidden again :(

InternetLizard
Scratcher
500+ posts

Hello, I am music dude

Last edited by InternetLizard (Sept. 30, 2021 16:41:50)

select all + shift + down arrow

Starlighter so cool!

BUMP!!!!
Nezon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Task page:

• edushu: exist

• morecanstine: I want you to get working on some more lore. Preferrably, more Karrion lore. Karrions are one of the main aspects and antagonists of the game. They're the most advanced ancient race, and there's a timer to when their giant invisible station will attack the black hole in the center of the galaxy. The color palette is mostly purple, they look like handish weird xenomorphs. Though, most of the Karrions are dead to a unknown virus.
    Draw some art too.

• InternetLizard: You're best at environmental based lore and a bit of sound. Get working on some weird, creepy aliens and enemies. Then make some ear-piercing sounds for them. Make them as scary as you want. (Starlighter might not be shared on scratch.)

• heine and _PotatoMaster_: I don't know what you're doing, but please do a little bit of work. I need heine and _PotatoMaster_ to work together on an better Starlighter engine, complete with outerspace and on planet. Perhaps _PotatoMaster_ can code all the animations and weird physics and heine works on technical stuff such as digging, crafting, building, enemies in space.

• Oshawottemil: Animate the first cutscene where your ship gets attacked by the projected ship. Please do the one in the quote box, I'll even highlight it. You can find the lore in the lore post.

• BadHuman_, _PotatoMaster_: Get us some music? Make us a menu theme. Make sure it's vibey and memorable.

• Maxiking_2 and qloakonscratch: I dunno. Perhaps you can help with physics for heine and _PotatoMaster_.

• –CherryKitty–: I want you to add to the Meteorige and Pentas planets lore. It's not much, perhaps some more info on puzzles you completed to get to the node?

• denyx and MallardTV: create art for the player character and the Amy npc. Perhaps help create creature and enemy art too.

• Ukulele2007: either help heine and potato with the physics or merge both engines together

Important resources:
Lore post:
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/5657082/
Studio (collection of projects):
https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/27783233
Space UI test:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/144849751/
Starlighter engine 1:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/593487149/
Starlighter subspace engine 2:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/652477028/
Starlighter engine 2:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/639876338/

Last edited by Nezon (March 9, 2022 20:13:05)

This is my signature (it goes automatically under every post I make)! Here is a bit of advice on foruming, by the way. Don't do SAND. SAND means four words.
Advertising is when you promote your studios and projects. Wiki Article: Advertising
Necroposting is when you post on a old topic. It distracts other helpers! Wiki Article: Necroposting
Derailing is when you post something that is irrelevant to the topic, like minimodding. It is called thread hijacking. Wiki Article: Derailing(Derailing idea comes from this guy),

InternetLizard
Scratcher
500+ posts

Nezon wrote:

InternetLizard wrote:

Hello, I am music dude
why did you have to quote the ENTIRE op
Oh yeah sorry

Starlighter so cool!

BUMP!!!!
Nezon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Assignments:
(you can only have two assignments at a time, and only two to three people can work on a assignment at a time.
  • Merge heine’s backend engine with potatomaster’s front end engine.
  • Make the start screen - Add continue, new game, achievements, career path, settings buttons
  • Make some basic NPC and enemy concepts
  • Create the basic animation

Last edited by Nezon (March 2, 2022 15:36:49)

heine
Scratcher
100+ posts

I'm here from the other forum, don't know if y'all want me to fill out a form or not.
Nezon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

heine wrote:

I'm here from the other forum, don't know if y'all want me to fill out a form or not.
You don't need to. Once we have about 4 members we'll start development

InternetLizard
Scratcher
500+ posts

Nezon wrote:

InternetLizard wrote:

Nezon wrote:

InternetLizard wrote:

Hello, I am music dude
Oh yeah sorry
could you remove the quote
Done. Back on topic, We have all 9 planets laid out, I am not going to start on music until I know the mood of the actual planets. I guess I could make music for the ones I made, though.

Starlighter so cool!

BUMP!!!!
Nezon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

InternetLizard wrote:

Nezon wrote:

InternetLizard wrote:

Nezon wrote:

InternetLizard wrote:

Hello, I am music dude
Oh yeah sorry
could you remove the quote
Done. Back on topic, We have all 9 planets laid out, I am not going to start on music until I know the mood of the actual planets. I guess I could make music for the ones I made, though.
Could you acquire them and paste them here?

Nezon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

Nezon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BACKSTORY AND PROLOUGE (big credit to the starlighter team for half of the lore post, especially morecanstine, internetlizard, omowashamtiwill)

(spoilers, be warned! last updated: Tuesday, February 1st, 2022 )

Backstory lore: The XS-1 was the most advanced ship created by the HEON corporation, the ones employing you. It was launched on the stardate of 2341-246-9 to the planet of Neria, by using the newly discovered Gamma route. On 2642-169-7, when the ship was supposed to reach its wretched location, the ship stopped giving signals and went completely offline/no-contact with the corporation. Desperate agents and personnel tried to reach the ship with the XS-2. When they came back, the XS-2 was 70% damaged and the survivors refused to say anything due to mental trauma and a deadly disease. The Main Ones (or known as TMOs), top higher-ups of HEON, regretted the decision and completely forbade all space agencies to use the Gamma route to get to Neria.

More extra backstory lore:
ancient xenomorphish aliens wanted to destroy this one galaxy and leave it because deadly virus. centuries later after all the aliens and sources were dead some HEON kid accidentally starts a timer while exploring one of the alien bases that will send a giant station to attack the black hole in the galaxy. Weeks later the giant station attacked and severely damaged the black hole and made it unstable so HEON built the CDPR.

since the station failed from HEON arriving in time with the SX-(i forgot), the station sneaked to the ship while it was going to neria, engulfed it and the timer began again. however if all the planets were aligned in such a way the station could get decloaked and someone could destroy it from the inside

that's where the main character comes in and what STARLIGHTER is about

1 CENTURY LATER

MISSION 1:

You and your team were on your way to a giant space station, the CPDR (The Coastal Planetary Defense and Research) Station, which was located near the planet of Neria.

Your starship, the UXS-31, was absolutely beautiful. Inside, it was very lively and friendly, with all sorts of things going on.
It was about to perform a gravity sling maneuver to get to the station. You decided to sling the ship around a tiny part of the Gamma route.

Suddenly, a ship decloaked and started firing type-i phaser cannons at you, which somehow sent your ship's hull to 70%. How are those cannons doing so much damage? You shot back a few type-ii delta cannons, and a few type-iii torpedos, but no progress on breaking their shield. The back of the other ship opened up to reveal some sort of alien cannon.

The cannon fired, and your whole ship shook hard, with a purple beam blinding you. Then, you noticed a GIANT GAPING HOLE in the starboard from the 3D ship map. The ship seems to be damaged by a powerful phaser beam, and

Then, you checked lifeform analyzers and noticed half of the crewmates on board seemed to not be reporting a signal, meaning dead. You knew that something was on board the spaceship, too. You quickly radio'd for the remaining crewmates go to an lifepod, and be alerted. Grasping the floor (or now, ceiling), you held onto the ship's controls and steered the ship to a planetary ocean before you ejected inside your lifepod.

Your lifepod was 10% damaged, and you felt extremely hot air through the vents as your escape-pod juked and slid across the sand and rocks, which also caused a panel to slid open and hit you on the face, knocking you out.

You wake up to your secondary officer, Aeka, them saying, “Great! You're up! Are you okay?”
'Do I look like I'm okay!? How long was I out?'
“A day.”
'Wait, what? A DAY??'
“Yeah.”
'How are the survivors?'
“Good.”
"We're going to need all hands on deck - I mean, ground. Get suited up with Amy and help us scavenge supplies.
'Wow, never knew you're that bossy, and that's a terrible pun.'
“Just go!”

Ah, a sandy planet full of water and green'n red patches of combating flora. You walk across the sand, water and rocks to the medical life-pod. You can finally pull off your helmet in the fresh oxygen.

“Wow, uh-, your arm is uh, broken”
'Yeah, I know. Are there any survivors missing?'

While Amy fixes you up, you see a green device that definitely isn't HEON tech.

“What's that?”
Uh- Nothing for you to know

Amy pushes you out of the medi-pod. You start scavenging supplies and going on away missions with an away team to explore the world. You soon find your old ship, which the door to enter is blocked and you need a laser cutter that is ship-based, not the standardized laser cutter (the door is that strong) to access it. You find two other structures; both of which are blocked by a shield. The first one is an old ship taken over by nature named XS-1 and another is a massive alien temple.

Lore storyline:
Well i really can’t continue without finishing the writing part, but sure. We first need a title screen where there will be settings, cool interactive background and the title + buttons to the left side by a staircase order.

The buttons have: continue (asks to load a savecode that cannot be posted in comments) new gamenew game) , achievements: (all the achievements you’ve unlocked), and extra: you can choose which paths you want to try after beating the main game such as engineer or pirate. Perhaps we can use one of potato master’s backgrounds and make the buttons transparent hologram blue and white when hovered over. A few horizontal white lines constantly go over the buttons to add a more realistic look.

When a button is clicked, it should turn grey and the corresponding UI should show up. All UI should be like the buttons. Perhaps this could be a STAR WARS and Star Trek Online combination of a approach.

When new game is clicked, it shows a animation of the bridge (main control room) (something like a star trek copy of a bridge but more complicated) of you and a few of your relevant crewmates you may see in the lore. (Be aware of a particular crewmate that could look like the captain of the CDPR so we can generate some theories from people). One of your crewmares say “There’s some thing on the radar, and I can’t find any information on i-!” The ship should start to be firing purple lasers and hyper missiles.

More dialogue: “HAIL THE NEAREST ALLY WE’RE BEING ATTACKED!” your bridge captain says. You quickly try to pull up comms but they’re jammed. “Uh oh, comms are jammed.” “What kind of witchcraft is this?” said the captain. Then the player hears “What the heck?” “What?” you say. “The laser being fired is 1 century less advanced than us, but our hull is at 70% from two hits!” “I also found its name: The xs-“ Then, you hear the bay doors open. The back of the other ship. A orange experimental hypercannon powered by a sun was elevated up, and it fired hell. The planet nearby and the ship was severely damaged. “WE’RE DOWN, I REPEAT, WE’RE DOWN!” “GO TO THE ESCAPE PODS!” said the captain, who foolishly went out of the bridge to help the other crewmates.

You decided to check the medical analysers. (that pixel art can kick in) Half the of the crewmates were dead… A quarter from the hypercannon and a quarter from a unknown virus??? Something is on board the ship. Then the captain just reported dead… You told everyone to immediately force close all doors and you announced the news. Everyone went quickly to their bridge escape pods and ejected while you steered the ship toward a planetary mountain. Then you ejected just in time as the alien broke into the bridge, and it screamed ear piercing noises. (The bridge is greyish white titanium plates.) (The alien is a purpleish zenomorphish that that looks like a octopus or your hand when you release control of it)

As your escape pod thrusted into the planet, it slid on the sand (you landed in some orange desert) and hoped and juked everywhere. The game goes to your first person view from third person and a loose panel pops out and hits you in the face, knocking you out. (Escape pod is gray). You then wake up to a couple of your crewmates looking at you (still first person). You hop out and get told to go to the medi-pod. (Pods are also titanium grey white panel things that look like they’re the generators and houses and things from astroneer, they’re circular). (the medi-pod is colored with green and there are a few beds, reception where amy is, and a few machines. Amy is a field medic who had to hitch on after they escaped from a pirate ship, they say the pirate ship ‘captured them’.

Interior of the XS-1:

You and your away team hinge open the hangar doors. Scary, green, and overgrown. Plant based enemies everywhere. When you try to open a door, a warning by a women tells you to not go in. There's a huge plant heart grown over the reactor. Engineering bay seems still active and full of hostile robotic life. There's this locked cabin, and when you break it open you find the laboratory.

Looking through journals, you and your away team find many journals of the scientist documenting the journey. In one of the journals, it reports what happened aboard the XS-1. [NEW HIDDEN DATA RECEIVED: STARDATE-2642-170-7; It has been 1 day since the incident. Hostiles were everywhere. I watched my crewmates slowly and painfully die, and get converted. I am going to go insane over the next year. There is not much of the medicine and food left.]

As you explore the huge ship, you begin to uncover more of these journals, documenting how insane they are getting, with video feed too. You catch the bot that has been distributing this journals. You follow it's trail and it leads to a sealed shut door, and watch it go inside and take out journals. Your team destroys the bot, and and one of your members break open the doors. Inside, you find a skeleton in a weird chamber, 2 bottles of medicene, and a half eaten dinner. There is a computer and a bed. You deduce this is a bunk room, and the dead person is the scientist.

When you boot the computer, the scientist appears, and appears sentient. They explain they downloaded their brain into this computer and want out. They also explain that you have to destroy the reactor or a deadly virus will spread. You download the scientist into your sci-pad, and continue on to destroy the reactor, a boss fight. You earn a specific part that is powerful enough to destroy the bedrock of the planet from the reactor.

The alien base:

The scientist accompanies and guides you on this mission. They have forgotten many things over the 100 years. You use the new hyper-cutter you made from the reactor to get into the alien base. The alien base appears to be a huge projector. It displays past ships and uses them to physically destroy anything along a section the gamma route.

All alien journals are written in a weird language, but they suddenly translate once you plug your sci-pad into the main terminal. There are creepy aliens everywhere, though they're all dead, and appear to have the same virus that killed everyone on the XS-1. There are bottles of the same pills the scientist took, and they're empty.

Then, you come face to face to a giant screen showing a changing glyph. Someone figures out that it's a timer, and translates all the numbers. There is a piece of writing on a pedestal, which translates to “If all is not fallen, it will not rise.”

You shut down the base, and grab one specific part you need to break into your ship. A huge boss fight appears of the viruses controlling some “gamma karrion”. After defeating the alien, your team starts to head for camp. One of your teammates grabs a black box on a special pedestal.

Your ship:

Ah, beautiful memories. Nevermind that, your team breaks into the hangar and start killing any aliens on sight. This is a wipe out mission dedicated to making sure the place is safe to start taking down the ship to make a new one and get home. There's the cafeteria, bunks, bridge, hangar, engineering, science, and the weapons segments.

There's one boss here, which is easily taken down with really cool music. After examining the bodies, you notice that there's one person missing from being dead or alive in the base.

Mining mission!:

Now, you and a team start mining for minerals and stuff, one team starts taking down the UXS-32, and one team starts building the SX-34. During the mining mission, you get trapped in a cave and your teammates have to go back up to get bigger drills as they can't break you out with the drills they have right now. You start exploring and defending yourself, and gathering supplies for a few days. You find the one missing crewmate, and they explain their situation. After 3 days of defending, your team finally gets you out and you all go to the newly made SX-34. It's beautiful, and is the most powerful ship of the century. It has a huge guass cannon that is made by the projector in the alien base, but amplified to create a beam instead of copying. It also has a small cube shaped hole that no one can seem to figure out what goes there. You plug the scientist into the main system. Everyone starts doing a final check and gathers supplies. Suddenly, the missing crewmate turns into a final boss for the planet, and everyone works together to take them down.

After the boss, the crewmate suddenly gains conscious and explains they got infected by a deadly alien while coming back up to the surface. After a few laughs, everyone heads in the SX-34, and the true calamity of Starlighter starts. All this progress is done in 1-2 hours. You have many planets to head to for supplies, and to upgrade the ship to get a fling/warp engine to get to the CDPR. The CDPR station is 30 years away without the use of such engine.

The individual planets lore isn't created yet, but we do have the CPDR and the final mission of Starlighter. (unfinished)

(basic descriptions of planets so far)

Pentas (Mission 2 or 3)

a desolate ocean planet with exactly 5 islands that move around. Surprisingly, those islands are actually huge turtles. Monuments liter the place. The ocean creatures are in 5 warring tribes and they fight over the newborn middle island (newborn turtle). When you arrive here with the SX-34, you take a small away team to the small middle island to explore. Taking a small disguised shuttle as a boat, it arrives to the tiny island. Walking through a bit of sand dunes is the next part. Your team finally approaches the forest to explore and find the next Karrion node. Killing hostile creatures and cutting grass, you finally arrive at the node site. Suddenly, a trap executes and your team is left hanging, and arrows are being shot everywhere from tiny villagers. You are hopelessly having to run into the base before you get captured too. Smashing the shut door button, the door closes and the villagers scream in anger. Running down a endless stairway, you eventually go to the node. There aren't any aliens anywhere, what a relief! You try to call for help but the signal down here is being blocked. Going through a maze, you finally find the node and shut it on by fixing up a puzzle. You suddenly get a signal, and are able to call a distress signal to the SX-34.

Metorige (Mission 3 or 2)

A red, rocky planet with craters and mountains everywhere. Landing here will be a problem. There's a green forcesheild around the planet coming from a middle glowing crater and when you approach the planet many giant cannons approach out of the other craters. Let's just say the inhabitants aren't so keen on visitors either.

Dailois (Mission 4)
A lone planet full of glowing planet life usually consisting of mushrooms and water, and some good loot to upgrade the SX-34. Be careful of the shard ring around it. There is a small moon just about bigger than your ship, and it is a hour length walk to get from one pole to another.

Alharah (Mission 5)
Basically defined as “hell”. It's about 120 average temperature in there. Lava is all around, with the few land that exists needs heat suits. Demons, literally everywhere, and a huge stone grave listing “doom slayer”. There's a quite nice civilization here with relatively cheap prices. No resources here except for the stone that surprisingly doesn't melt around. The lava and that stone can be used to upgrade your ship core for Ledony.

Ledony (Mission 6)
Ice cold planet with freezing deathly water. The SX-34 landing here slid across the ice for a whole 5 minutes. Tons and tons of resources, but the 3 groups here are at war with each other. They consist of the Sonion, a order group, Buhea, a business group, and Envio, a group wanting to protect the planet's environment. All 3 groups are wrong, and you decide to not take a side. The Sonion's petition of power is not fair, the Buhea consist of scammers, and Envio are trying to protect a freezing planet when it could turn to normal. Many bases are everywhere. Ice Station 26, a rebel group against all 3, are run by humans, rejected elieans, and immigrants from alharah. The freezing water and special metals of the planet help upgrade your ship weapons.

Eilea (Mission 7) (smal lore cuz got interested)
Eilea is a planet too advanced. At least within 1 mile you'll see some sort of advanced technology. With great power comes great corruption too, With the new corrupted government fighting against the old royal government. Most of the planet is technology while there's a few grassy plains too, with some water. There's a ton of minerals here too. When you arrive here with the XS-34, your ship immediately gets shot down because you didn't have a shield and the Eilean government hates intruders. Your entire team is captured and sent to separated camps. Day 1: You get sent down to the mines and have to mine minerals, but you get nothing out of it. You get little food and water. Day 2: Suddenly, a raid by the small royal government happens, and you escape with them, with along a few others. You realize they are heavily injured and losing, so you offer to help them. First, the small team breaks into the camps your crewmates are located in. Once your entire team is stable, you break into the captured SX-34 which the scientist has been holding off the government from for so long. Your team sneaks in, and turns on the ship. Before the general that captured you can react, the ship starts to float, and your team along with the small royal government sneak away to the next planet. The general curses at you and places a bounty on your head. You and the leader of the royals argue about why you have left the planet, but you explain that your team figured out the people they have been saving were decoys, and they had already saved the real prisoners.

Triuna (Mission 8)
Triuna is a planet covered with greenery. The eileans were afraid of this planet they tried to capture, because instead of being so advanced at order and capture, Triuna is very advanced at warfare. However, they are very peaceful until provoked. The royals decide to set up camp here and your team has tender goodbyes. You use some ore from this planet to repair the SX-34.

Elroth (Mission 9 or 10)
Elroth is a ocean with much land. Monks live on the land, and the land is usually dense forests. Monks live in the trees, and appear to have followed the same Buddhist religion from India on Earth from the 6th century. The monks love peace, and are big allies with Triuna. Sadly, when the Elieans decided to invade the galaxy, the Triuna were too late and Elroth has been turned into a weaponized planet. A 600 mile long cannon sticks out of the peaceful planet. The monks still live on Elroth, but far away from the original monk camps. This planet is used to learn about the Guass cannon (the Elieans here are peaceful and let you check out the cannon, unknowning of your bounty and figure out the inactive hypercannon in the SX-34.

Perildise (Mission 9 or 10)
Perildise has a nice ring to it's name. A beachy planet with a good amount of population of fish and flora. Mermaids live here. Remember what was said earlier about the nice ring to it's name? Oh yeah, the planet is covered with hostile sand-sharks and parasite infested water. Your team decides to go here for a vacation, but regret it instantly. The mermaids here aren't fond of visitors either, like the Elieans, but they hate technology and use magic. They are way too powerful near the water and your team is yet captured yet again. You learn they know about the bounty too. In this place, the royal government is evil. After a few days of bickering and escaping with your team, you launch off with the SX-34 with tridents sticking off.

Geordion
Geordion is a rocky and lava infested planet. Turns out under the layers there's a very advanced civilization. They decide to not turn your team in and want to help out. This time, you get to mine the minerals and gain from it free of charge. In turn of their kindness, you help out them with a rebel team trying to take over the planet. You upgrade the SX-34 with a shield from here.

STATION 24
Giant station that is revealed after you activate all the Karrion-module-nodes in all the populated and marked planets. It's another creepy and dense station with dead ‘n infected Karrions. Plug in your sci-pad, and start the bullet-hell. After cleaning out the entrance to the core, you shut down the reactor, and the glyph timer on the wall stops. All the other aliens start screeching. Your team quickly pulls off the twin-core inside the reactor and activate self-destruction mode, the team races to the entrance as a huge invincible alien monstrosity is chasing. Your team gets to the SX-34, and quickly launches away from the self destructing station. The twin core is used to upgrade the ship fling and warp engine, so you can go to the CDPR.

Other stuff:
Alhalrah, Eilea, Elroth, Triuna lore

Alharah is populated by two species: intelligent demons, and your typical demons. A Federal Eilean doom slayer once attempted to conquer the planet, but was quickly turned into ash by an alharan railgun. This sparked a centuries long war between the two planets that never fully ended.

Alharah was never a pleasant place. It’s proximity to the Calamos system's sun meant that it never was a cool place, which gave the intelligent Alhalrans an excuse to hyperindustrialize. After all, if 195°F was considered a chilly day on earth, would YOU try to fight climate change? I don't think so. The intelligent demons formed a civilization around their superior industry and mads produced ships and weapons out of Eclite.

Edict industries is based out of Alhalrah and produces about 40% of the galaxies ships and 97% of the galaxies refined Eclite. This gives Alharah a huge say in what happens in the galaxy.

EILEA:

Eilea is a small planet in the Leapose system which has taken over all 6 planets within.

Eilea was once ruled by a royal government, which was overthrown by the Eilean Federal Party who said that they could fix Eileas economic crisis. And they did, through rapid industrialization and militarization. The Eileans are too advanced for their own goo, having turned a peaceful planet into a giant gauss turret for no reason. Eileas military is by far the most powerful in the galaxy, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. The only ones who ever contested Eilea was Alharah, who won the powerful battle of Xynol. Eilea has been in civil war between the federal party and Royal family, who still claims sovereignty. That's a far stretch, as only around 6% of Eilea is under royal control and that six percent is considered an enemy of the state.

Elroth was a peaceful society of monks. Everyone got along and everyone made peace. When an issue arose, the oldest monk sorted it out. That all changed when the newly formed Federal Party invaded Elroth to establish a military compound. Triuna, being a long time ally with the monks, rushed to the Elrots aide. Unfortunately, the BLAM-0 was fully functional when the Triunians arrived, and they were forced to retreat when their only dreadnought and 54,000 soldiers were killed. This made Alharah furious, and they rushed to Elroth to take it back, going through the Xynol system.

BATTLE OF XYNOL

Alharah went to Elroth with 3 dreadnoughts, 4 battleships, 24 cruisers and 65 destroyers. Half of their entire navy. The Eileans saw them coming and went to camp in the Xynol system. When the Alharans saw them they immediately began to fire on the Eilean ships. 18 days, 5 dreadnoughts (3 eilean, 1 Alharan.) and a battleship later, the Eileans gave up and ran back home. This battle left enormous craters from falling, moon-sized warships in the planet of Xynol. This destroyed the atmosphere and every living thing with it. Xynol had never recovered, and both sides vowed to end their military campaigns, marking the unofficial end of the first Galactic war.

TRIUNA:

Triuna is a mostly peaceful planet that has spent centuries perfecting the art of war. Their only defeat in battle was the 6-hour battle of Elroth. They never built another dreadnought as they had no need. Their 3 battleships alone could take on an Alharan regiment. They were provoked into a cold war with Eilea when the basically infantile Federal Party tried to invade them using a few frigates and a cruiser. Those Eileans lasted about 25 hours against the very very minimal Triunian fleet. The Eileans simply left them alone after that. The Triunians beefed up their military with huge battleships, the Dreammaker, Starbreaker, and Spaceman. Their single dreadnought was only used once, when Triunas oldest ally was attacked. Nowadays, Triuna serves as a base of operations for the royal eilean army, who have staged attempts to take the BLAM-0.

BLAM-0 LORE:

BLAM-0 was setup as a show of force by Eilea. You know this. Right before the calamity mission, the Royal Eilean Army took it over, threatened the federal party out of existence and into Geordion, and reclaimed sovereignty over Eilea. That's how Eilea came to your aide. After the CDPR calamity was killed, the BLAM-0 served more purpose and deconstruction began, restoring Elroth to its former glory. Here is how they did it:

Royalist Strategists found a fatal flaw in the Federalists system for the BLAM-0, if they could destroy the interplanetary comms base, the Eileans on Elroth would have no way to call in backup. The royalists snuck onto Elroth (with your help, assuming you wanted Elroth to go back to normal (and the alternative ending happens)) and disabled the comms tower. After that, the two powerhouses on either pole of this planet would need to be taken over. They who control both powerhouses controls the cannon. After taking the powerhouses. It was easy to force the cannon operators to surrender. The Royalists sent a messenger to the Federal Palace with a simple message: Surrender now and get the f*** off of our planet or we will blow you to Kingdom come. The federalist chose not to find out what a decimated federal palace would look like, so they surrendered and fled to Geordion. The Royalists retook the palace and restored Eilea to its former glory. The conveniently abandoned Eilean Federal Navy was given the Royalists signature green paint job and rushed to the CDPR to return the massive favor that you did for them.

And if you don't help them?

ALTERNATIVE ENDING:

The Royalists are discovered, arrested, and interrogated. The Federalists find out that Triuna is the hiding place of the Royalists and decide that the best option is to use the BLAM-0 for the second time this post. With Triuna and the Royalists gone, the Alharans become very very angry and send a massive regiment to Eilea. The Eileans respond by sending their own regiment, and the two regiments met at Xynol, starting the second Galactic war.

Actions have consequences, people!

Alharah sends a small regiment to help you deal with the calamity, and the rest is history… sorta.

Except for GWII, a destroyed planet, a hyper-totalitarian Eilea, and a scared-to-death HEON, everything in the original plan is the same.

Side missions

Raid on BLAM-0:

The royalists have discovered a fatal flaw in the Elroth base that would allow them to take it over and potentially win the war. The first step is getting on the planet, and disabling the interplanetary comms tower. That's where you come in. You have good standing with the operators on Elroth, theyll let you on for sure. Get in there and disable the comms tower, we'll sneak in afterwards.

(Completing this mission awards you with the good ending and the Railgun, unlocks after the Triuna mission)

Rescue on Xynol:

A radio transmission indicates that the landing party from the abandoned Xynol mission is still alive. We must do everything we can to rescue them. You are the only available away team. Get out there and rescue them.

(Awards you with the microwave gun, unlocks after Metorige.)

Raid on metorige:

Alharan intelligence operatives have uncovered a huge trade slave led by slave drivers on Metorige. We plan on staging a Raid on the planet and can use all the help they can get. You will be rewarded handsomely for helping.

(Awards you with a heat cannon for your ship. Unlocks after Alharah)

I'll think of some more later.

SANDBOX MODE:

Now that the dust has settled, HEON can resume normal operations. Now that we know we can safely resume the Xynol missions, we need you to go down there and do some serious research. Xynol is a highly sought-after endeavor, and this opportunity only hits space agencies once in a lifetime. Please go down there and carry out the mission, you may take up to 3 other people.

(You can build your own base, discover your own things, and mine for yourself on Xynol. This is the sandbox planet. Aliens, robots, and marauders will try to Raid your base. You can take any members from your original party or a few new ones:

Vladimir was one of the four survivors of Xynol. He was the muscle because of his sheer strength but proves to be highly intelligent. Having Vladimir decreases the chances of a raid happening to your base by 50%.

Alexander was another survivor. He made weapons for the team and helped maintain things. Having him will reduce all crafting time by half.

Marlene was not a survivor of Xynol. She is a new trainer that has a knack for teaching people how to fight. Having her will increase your damage by 20%.

Hurt'or was a veteran in GWI. He served the alharan navy as a defensive strategist. He was honorably discharged for suffering a bullet wound and decided to join HEON to continue his journey. Having him increases your defense points by 20%.)

Mokro Lore
Mokro was originally a lush, plains planet with lots of wildlife. Then Wodny Bog decided it was time for Noah's Ark. Bit of a problem there, Wodny, Humans didn't exist on the planet. So there were no humans to build an ark. So now all we have is a giant ocean, filled with sand from underwater sandstorms(?!?!), with the only surviving land being a relatively small mountaintop. So how was the underwater cave formed? Well, it was already there. It was just a huge cave, something out of Minecraft. It, actually, is the reason why the planet took 500 years to flood, even with rain heavier than ur mom (gottem (joking scratch team i stg we are gonna have huge problems)). The Ryba came into play when some monkeys ate some sorta mutant fish, which caused them to grow gills. Eventually, evolution took its course, and that's how the Ryba appeared here. They found some iron veins, and when they saw hundreds of rocks sitting on the ground, it all clicked for them. They made some iron pickaxes, by taking clay over to an air pocket, making a furnace, yadda, yadda, they build some temples, now we're here.

Calamity of the CDPR: (mission 12/final mission)

The CDPR station is a huge *** station that holds together the Arion galaxy.
Once your team arrives, you find the station in alert mode. There's alien-viruses everywhere, and all the people on the station have left it, and set up mini station outposts near the CDPR. You slowly take down all the enemies, and slowly navigate to the control room where the captain is trapped. The captain explains that there's a huge egg in the science room reactor and all the aliens want it. The captain says to break the egg to kill all the aliens.

Once you break the egg, in a ultimate betrayal, the captain turns into a huge eldritch beast and starts destroying a huge chunk of the station. Amy says that green disc she found was a device that is very powerful and can power the hyper-beam cannon inside the SX-34, and Amy is not really a nurse, instead is actually a criminal who stole that piece of tech. Amy is fond of HEON now and was going to turn themselves in and after a few years apply to get into HEON. When Amy tries the device, the device fails and does not power the cannon, which makes her sad.

You start fighting off the alien, but there is no prevail after the huge cannon that is supposed to destroy the beast fails, and the beast hits and destroy a chunk of the ship and laser. Thankfully, none of your crewmates were in that chunk, but the ship is unable to repair itself.

In a miracle, all the people and creatures you've met, suddenly flings in. Many of them starts repairing the SX-34, and others hold off the beast from entirely destroying the station. (cue the song universal collapse from the terraria calamity playing). You realized that there was a small hole for a disc in the black cube from the alien base you were at. You tell Amy to send both the cube and disc to you. Amy sends a drone that has the green disc and cube. When you insert it in, the box suddenly turns to many rectangle cube pieces and looks like a cannon. You fire it at the beast and the beast cries out in pain. You realize this could kill the thing.

You jump on pieces of the station to the SX-34 like a idiot while firing the cube thing, go into the SX-34 hangar, go through the deadly reactor to the cannon, shift the cannon back into a cube, throw it into the hole and fire the cannon at the alien. The alien starts turning into dust. Victory has been achieved and calamity is over. The ships start repairing the station while others start sending back people from the mini stations to the CDPR. You and others in the bridge have a toast to life and the things you have all accomplished. Everyone from every planet are allies, and the (forgot names of the invaders that turned a ocean planet into a huge cannon) start turning the (planet with a huge cannon) normal, and are allies with the monks now. Peace animations and songs start playing with the credits, and your team are all given a medal of honor by the TSOs for keeping the galaxy together, and Amy is released from all charges.

END.

Xynol:

Not much is known about Xynol these days, but it used to be the home of the oldest civilization in the galaxy. This planet is the site of the legendary Battle of Xynol between Alhalrah and Eilea, which destroyed the civilization and the planet. Xynol is now a cold, desolate wasteland with nothing more than rock and ash. A mission led by HEON took place here but was abandoned and forgotten about when the party who carried it out were thought to have died. The abandoned interstellar station 4 still stands on the surface to this day.

Unknown to HEON until a radio transmission is received, the Xynol party has been fending for themselves for over 25 years.

Pronounced eck-ZE-null

Alhalrah, Eilea, Elroth, Triuna lore

Alharah is populated by two species: intelligent demons, and your typical demons. A Federal Eilean doom slayer once attempted to conquer the planet, but was quickly turned into ash by an alharan railgun. This sparked a centuries long war between the two planets that never fully ended.

Alharah was never a pleasant place. It's proximity to the Calamos system's sun meant that it never was a cool place, which gave the intelligent Alhalrans an excuse to hyperindustrialize. After all, if 195°F was considered a chilly day on earth, would YOU try to fight climate change? I don't think so. The intelligent demons formed a civilization around their superior industry and mads produced ships and weapons out of Eclite.

Edict industries is based out of Alhalrah and produces about 40% of the galaxies ships and 97% of the galaxies refined Eclite. This gives Alharah a huge say in what happens in the galaxy.

EILEA:

Eilea is a small planet in the Leapose system which has taken over all 6 planets within.

Eilea was once ruled by a royal government, which was overthrown by the Eilean Federal Party who said that they could fix Eileas economic crisis. And they did, through rapid industrialization and militarization. The Eileans are too advanced for their own goo, having turned a peaceful planet into a giant gauss turret for no reason. Eileas military is by far the most powerful in the galaxy, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. The only ones who ever contested Eilea was Alharah, who won the powerful battle of Xynol. Eilea has been in civil war between the federal party and Royal family, who still claims sovereignty. That's a far stretch, as only around 6% of Eilea is under royal control and that six percent is considered an enemy of the state.

Elroth was a peaceful society of monks. Everyone got along and everyone made peace. When an issue arose, the oldest monk sorted it out. That all changed when the newly formed Federal Party invaded Elroth to establish a military compound. Triuna, being a long time ally with the monks, rushed to the Elrots aide. Unfortunately, the BLAM-0 was fully functional when the Triunians arrived, and they were forced to retreat when their only dreadnought and 54,000 soldiers were killed. This made Alharah furious, and they rushed to Elroth to take it back, going through the Xynol system.

BATTLE OF XYNOL

Alharah went to Elroth with 3 dreadnoughts, 4 battleships, 24 cruisers and 65 destroyers. Half of their entire navy. The Eileans saw them coming and went to camp in the Xynol system. When the Alharans saw them they immediately began to fire on the Eilean ships. 18 days, 5 dreadnoughts (3 eilean, 1 Alharan.) and a battleship later, the Eileans gave up and ran back home. This battle left enormous craters from falling, moon-sized warships in the planet of Xynol. This destroyed the atmosphere and every living thing with it. Xynol had never recovered, and both sides vowed to end their military campaigns, marking the unofficial end of the first Galactic war.

TRIUNA:

Triuna is a mostly peaceful planet that has spent centuries perfecting the art of war. Their only defeat in battle was the 6-hour battle of Elroth. They never built another dreadnought as they had no need. Their 3 battleships alone could take on an Alharan regiment. They were provoked into a cold war with Eilea when the basically infantile Federal Party tried to invade them using a few frigates and a cruiser. Those Eileans lasted about 25 hours against the very very minimal Triunian fleet. The Eileans simply left them alone after that. The Triunians beefed up their military with huge battleships, the Dreammaker, Starbreaker, and Spaceman. Their single dreadnought was only used once, when Triunas oldest ally was attacked. Nowadays, Triuna serves as a base of operations for the royal eilean army, who have staged attempts to take the BLAM-0.

BLAM-0 LORE:

BLAM-0 was setup as a show of force by Eilea. You know this. Right before the calamity mission, the Royal Eilean Army took it over, threatened the federal party out of existence and into Geordion, and reclaimed sovereignty over Eilea. That's how Eilea came to your aide. After the CDPR calamity was killed, the BLAM-0 served more purpose and deconstruction began, restoring Elroth to its former glory. Here is how they did it:

Royalist Strategists found a fatal flaw in the Federalists system for the BLAM-0, if they could destroy the interplanetary comms base, the Eileans on Elroth would have no way to call in backup. The royalists snuck onto Elroth (with your help, assuming you wanted Elroth to go back to normal (and the alternative ending happens)) and disabled the comms tower. After that, the two powerhouses on either pole of this planet would need to be taken over. They who control both powerhouses controls the cannon. After taking the powerhouses. It was easy to force the cannon operators to surrender. The Royalists sent a messenger to the Federal Palace with a simple message: Surrender now and get the f*** off of our planet or we will blow you to Kingdom come. The federalist chose not to find out what a decimated federal palace would look like, so they surrendered and fled to Geordion. The Royalists retook the palace and restored Eilea to its former glory. The conveniently abandoned Eilean Federal Navy was given the Royalists signature green paint job and rushed to the CDPR to return the massive favor that you did for them.

And if you don't help them?

ALTERNATIVE ENDING:

The Royalists are discovered, arrested, and interrogated. The Federalists find out that Triuna is the hiding place of the Royalists and decide that the best option is to use the BLAM-0 for the second time this post. With Triuna and the Royalists gone, the Alharans become very very angry and send a massive regiment to Eilea. The Eileans respond by sending their own regiment, and the two regiments met at Xynol, starting the second Galactic war.

Actions have consequences, people!

Alharah sends a small regiment to help you deal with the calamity, and the rest is history… sorta.

Except for GWII, a destroyed planet, a hyper-totalitarian Eilea, and a scared-to-death HEON, everything in the original plan is the same.

THE END…

This whole alternative ending section is just an idea, but it would be epic to see it actually be real.

Side missions

Raid on BLAM-0:

The royalists have discovered a fatal flaw in the Elroth base that would allow them to take it over and potentially win the war. The first step is getting on the planet, and disabling the interplanetary comms tower. That's where you come in. You have good standing with the operators on Elroth, theyll let you on for sure. Get in there and disable the comms tower, we'll sneak in afterwards.

(Completing this mission awards you with the good ending and the Railgun, unlocks after the Triuna mission)

Rescue on Xynol:

A radio transmission indicates that the landing party from the abandoned Xynol mission is still alive. We must do everything we can to rescue them. You are the only available away team. Get out there and rescue them.

(Awards you with the microwave gun, unlocks after Metorige.)

Raid on metorige:

Alharan intelligence operatives have uncovered a huge trade slave led by slave drivers on Metorige. We plan on staging a Raid on the planet and can use all the help they can get. You will be rewarded handsomely for helping.

(Awards you with a heat cannon for your ship. Unlocks after Alharah)

I'll think of some more later.

SANDBOX MODE:

Now that the dust has settled, HEON can resume normal operations. Now that we know we can safely resume the Xynol missions, we need you to go down there and do some serious research. Xynol is a highly sought-after endeavor, and this opportunity only hits space agencies once in a lifetime. Please go down there and carry out the mission, you may take up to 3 other people.

(You can build your own base, discover your own things, and mine for yourself on Xynol. This is the sandbox planet. Aliens, robots, and marauders will try to Raid your base. You can take any members from your original party or a few new ones:

Vladimir was one of the four survivors of Xynol. He was the muscle because of his sheer strength but proves to be highly intelligent. Having Vladimir decreases the chances of a raid happening to your base by 50%.

Alexander was another survivor. He made weapons for the team and helped maintain things. Having him will reduce all crafting time by half.

Marlene was not a survivor of Xynol. She is a new trainer that has a knack for teaching people how to fight. Having her will increase your damage by 20%.

Hurt'or was a veteran in GWI. He served the alharan navy as a defensive strategist. He was honorably discharged for suffering a bullet wound and decided to join HEON to continue his journey. Having him increases your defense by 20%.)

More to that later.

Mokro Lore
Mokro was originally a lush, plains planet with lots of wildlife. Then Wodny Bog decided it was time for Noah's Ark. Bit of a problem there, Wodny, Humans didn't exist on the planet. So there were no humans to build an ark. So now all we have is a giant ocean, filled with sand from underwater sandstorms(?!?!), with the only surviving land being a relatively small mountaintop. So how was the underwater cave formed? Well, it was already there. It was just a huge cave, something out of Minecraft. It, actually, is the reason why the planet took 500 years to flood, even with rain heavier than ur mom (gottem (joking scratch team i stg we are gonna have huge problems)). The Ryba came into play when some monkeys ate some sorta mutant fish, which caused them to grow gills. Eventually, evolution took its course, and that's how the Ryba appeared here. They found some iron veins, and when they saw hundreds of rocks sitting on the ground, it all clicked for them. They made some iron pickaxes, by taking clay over to an air pocket, making a furnace, yadda, yadda, they build some temples, now we're here. I'm out of time on my PC, so I'll write lore for the crazy Old Man on my phone.

MISSION NAMES (inspiration/reference below the names, ones that are blank are made up by me)

Pentas (Mission 2 or 3)
Turtle Tops
Inspired by Robot 64's first level

Metorige (Mission 2 or 3):
Cold Welcoming

Dailois (Mission 4)
Forgotten City
Not really inspired by Kirby and the Forgotten Land

Alharah (Mission 5)
What the hell? (might need to be changed to “What the heck?”)

Ledony (Mission 6):
Eskim-Oh No

Eilea (Mission 7):
All Out Civil Warfare

Triuna (Mission 8):
Shrubby Spartans

Elroth (Mission 9 or 10):
Meditation Interrupted

Perildise (Mission 9 or 10):
Tropical Tripe

Geordion:
Planets Have Layers!
funni shrek reference

Mokro:
Water and Water and Water Water…

ACHIEVEMENTS

Formated:

Name
Description

Main Mission Achievements

Sinking Feeling
Complete the Pentas mission

Red Rover, Red Rover…
Complete the Metorige mission

Who owns this place?
Complete the Dailois mission

Give em' Hell!
Complete the Alharah mission

Cold-Blooded
Complete the Ledony mission

God Save The King
Complete the Eilea mission

The Art of War
Complete the Triuna mission

MOAR GUN
Complete the Elroth mission

I've got a bad feeling about this…
Complete the Perildise mission

Superposition
Complete the Geordion mission

Whatchu Know Bout' Rollin' Down in The Deep?
Complete the Mokro mission

Side Mission Achievements

It Ain't Over Yet!
Launch the Xynol Mission

New World Record!
Complete the Xynol Mission

Feeling brave?
Launch the BLAM-0 Mission

Felt Brave
Complete the BLAM-0 Mission

Xynol Revisited
Start Sandbox Mode

Awakened Light
Complete the CPDR Calamity Mission on normal route

You! Hey, you! Do you want to get insanely rich without selling yourself out to HEON? Do you want excessive amounts of cash without having to work for it? Do you want to ruin some innocent exploration vessel's day? Then do I have to organization for you!

The Pirate Cove is a secret piracy syndicate based somewhere in the Ketchia system. Their only permanent base is a heavily guarded small space station in a corner of the Ketchia system. They are responsible for a loss of roughly eighteen trillion credits in trade.

How do you apply? Simple! Don't be affiliated with any military and go find your nearest recruiter. They tend to be seasoned pirates and are VERY well hidden, you'll almost certainly need to look for one. They're typically found hiding in plain sight, behind benches, in apartments, ect

How does it work? Also simple. Just go out with any light combat ship (or a large one if you're feeling daring) and find freighters or miners, then threaten to blow them up if they don't pay you money. How much? However much you want! If they can't pay you, make them give you their cargo! And if they still can't meet your demands/refuse to meet your demands, show them what death looks like. You take an 80% cut for your misdeeds if you were employed by the syndicate.

How do I get a gig? Go to the Ketchia base and find someone who can give you a job. They'll tell you if a corporation happens to be using a specific route for a freight run. Just hope they don't have military escorts…

What's the recruitment fee? Nothing much, just your reputation, most likely your job, your friends, definitely your spotless criminal record… But not money.

So! Are you ready to live out a life of endless crime? If you are, report to your nearest recruiter.

The cove welcomes you

fun fact: HEON is founded and owned by a random humanoid duck gasp - that's lore! that's LORE!!! WRITE THAT DOWN!!!1!!!!!11!

ALRIGHT LADS, HUGE LORE POST

//HEON EXPLORATION DATABASE: ENTRY 5; OTHER REGIONS//

LEAPLO REGION:

Named for the heart of the Eilean empire, the Leaplo region is where the CDPR is situated. You know what this is.

KAVIA REGION:

We… don't know much about this region. We got about 5 systems in and were immediatly cut off by some… other nation who had managed to absolutely dominate an entire region of space. We'll definitely need to be prepared for an assault. Hopefully the royalists take their homeland back before that happens.

??? REGION:

We have literally no idea what this is. We don't know. We got the map for this system from a pirate's shipwreck, we'll definitely have to look into it closely.

PIRATE REGION:

This region has been a place for pirates to seek shelter for years, very few HEON stations exist there anymore. We've forbidden all travel to and from this region, anyone traveling is to be declared a pirate. Every time we try to clear them out, they show up and destroy our fleets with almost military coordination. It's almost like an underground organization has formed.

//END ENTRY NO5

And here's some actual background info:

LEAPLO REGION:

This is where the main story takes place and is the only accessible region of space until you beat the game. You know what this is.

KAVIA REGION:

Ruled almost entirely by the Kavian Federation, this hyperadvanced nation has united a whole region of space under one banner and knows more about the galaxy than HEON's most seasoned explorers. The Kavians do not take too kindly to intruders, and their military has been given orders to annihilate unknown vessels on sight. I'll give background on Kavia eventually.

??? REGION:

To be honest, I dont really know what the deal with this place is. I plan on letting InternetLizard figure that one out.

PIRATE REGION:

Yarr, harr, fiddle-tee-hee, you are a pirate! This entire region has been ruthlessly subjugated by The Pirate's Cove since they figured out you could lightwarp into a sun if you went far enough. (true story, they wouldn't have known about this region if they hadn't accidentally ran a cruiser into a star. Oops!) The systems occupying this region now have lots of pirate stations on them and the locals are quite friendly to veteran

//HEON EXPLORATION DATABASE ENTRY 6; INTEZARD REGION// w-where's entries 1-5??? no no n on o nonnonONOnONoNONOnOOO DON'T TELL ME I MISSED THEM

The Intezard Region is, presumably, very similar to our home of Leaplo. There are a total of 5 nations living peacefully with each other, doing trade and military operations together. The main protecting corporation over there is H.I.V.E, which operates mostly on drones. We know this because one of their drones wrecked our exploration ship and our entire crew, myself included, nearly died in the dark vacuum of space until a “Vortexian” scout ship rescued us and brought us into their homeworld for questioning. We will make another expedition out there at some point, until then we're on the brink of war with the Eilean Federation.

Log entries 4, 5, 6 written by Palland Leonard Heeley, Explorer 1st class

//END

//HEON EXPLORATION DATABASE: ENTRY 4; EILEAN CIVIL WAR// what- these are out of order??

Ever since the Federalists took Eilea and the entire rest of the Leapose system hostage, the Royalists have been trying to take their land back to no avail. Chances are, the Federalists are here to stay since nobody has the courage to take on the number one military in the galaxy as we know it and we, HEON, dont have the means or men to take them on. The Alharans are the only ones who could even hope to take the Eileans on, and they won't even lift a finger since they have a non-aggression policy. But things are starting to boil over and pretty soon we're gonna see an all-out war.

The galaxy is falling apart, and HEON is supposed to hold it together.

Palland L. H.

//END

//HEON REACTOR CORE DATABASE: ENTRY 1; BLACK HOLE STABLISATION

The CDPR runs using power emitted and harvested by a black hole. A lot goes into making sure that black hole doesnt grow to the size of a planet and destroys the entire station, because as of now it is really quite small and we'd like to keep it that way.

We don't see the light of day very often, likely because we spend 22 hours of our days making sure that the reactor doesn't, y'know, explode.

Laura C. Olga

//END

Lore idea:
Main character's name is Kondrie, they were a technician on the ship before crash landing on the starter planet (hence them being able to craft new tech on a whim) Also there should be cheat codes that can be used by devs for playtesting.

PIRATE ROUTE THING GO:

You are a member of the Pirate's cove, based out of Ketchia, and you are on the biggest gig you've had in your life: to pirate a HEON Exploration vessel, the UXS-31.

You and your small crew of 3 are aboard a tiny fighter, the FI-13-II Paragon MKII, equipped with an engine jammer and a Type-IV pulse cannon. As you track the UXS-31, you notice it's using the exceedingly dangerous Gamma route. Being the outlaw you are, you know a lot more about this forbidden route than most and you know that ancient drones frequent this route. You notice that the UXS-31 is crossing into it and quickly jam their engines. Unfortunately, the engines are jammed right as an ancient drone ship starts firing at the USX-31. The drone pulls a large ion cannon from a hidden compartment. The ship annihilates the USX-31 and turns to you, which prompts you to activate the lightburner drive and warp on out of there.

You, your second mate, Erika, and your navigator Jerold sit there, stunned at what happened. You set course for Ketchia and start returning to the field outpost.

Erika decides to break the awkward silence by bombarding you with questions you don't know the answer to:

“What just happened!?!?”
“Our kill just got destroyed by an ancient drone.”
“What was that gun?”
“I don't know, Erika.
“Where did it come from?”
”I don't know, Erika.
“Who made it?? Where are they?? Why did it-”
“I don't know, Erika. I saw exactly what you saw, please stop asking me questions i don't have answers for.

Now, Erika is a seasoned pirate. She had killed hundreds of pilots and taken millions of credits. And, yet, for the first time in 15 years, she was scared and confused. She nor anyone else in that paragon knew what had just happened.

(pirate tutorial mission: taking a lone freight corporation ship hostage and killing it when you get your ransom from the corporation)

You and your crew return to the place where the UXS-31 was destroyed, and out of nowhere, an ancient drone destroyer opens fire on you. You try to get out of there, but a cannon bolt hits your ship and knocks you off course. Your lightburner drive kicks in and sends you into the same planet that the UXS-31 crashed on. Your ship is turned into a crinkled wreck and you are knocked unconscious.

When you wake up, both of your crewmates are dead. You are badly injured. You look around and stare right down the barrel of a plasma rifle.

You shoot your hands up and fall back into the wreckage. You recognise the suits that the aggressors are wearing as HEON suits. You dive behind the paragon wreckage and begin begging.

“Hey, we can talk about this! I didn't know that you would be armed!”
“Who are you and why are you here?”
“Im Derrick Anderbaum, I am the pilot of the FI-13-II named Lucent! I am-”

The unknown HEON employee fires a warning shot.

“We know that you're lying. Tell us the truth and we wont hurt you.”

Given no choice, you look around and slowly stand up.

“I am Derrick Anderbaum of the Pirate Cove. I am the pilot of this FI-13-II Paragon. I was going to check out the gamma route and got knocked off-course by an alien ship. I surrender any and all salvage and weapons that may come from my ship.”

You are arrested and imprisoned inside of the XS-34. You manage to escape on Pentas and fend for yourself while you construct another paragon using the blueprints on your information deck and vow revenge against that HEON crew, and you follow them around until you finally catch up to them.

(basically every mission is the exact same, only the final mission is changed.)

FINAL MISSION (PIRATE ROUTE):

You arrive at the wrecked CDPR and look around. You notice the HEON crew, unaware of the misfortune they are about to be struck with.

You jam their engines and their turret servos, rendering the XS-34 unable to move or retaliate. Using a device you created on Pentas, you force all escape pods to launch with nobody inside, trapping the HEON crew. As a huge smile spreads across your face, you request a radio transmission and fire a warning shot at the XS-34, forcing them to accept the transmission.

“Hello there. Do you remember me?”
“Oh, no… Oh, no, no, no, no, please no…”

“Haha. Yeah you do. Listen, I don't take too kindly to being help captive by a couple of kids with a space ship, especially when those kids belong to the one company I hate.”
“Listen, we're sorry. Please let us go. We'll do anything, we'll give you any amount of money you want. Just let us go.”

You contemplate this offer. After all, you're a master pirate. It's your decision, either way you come out on top. You, the player, is given a choice. Kill them or spare them.

Ending 1, killing the crew:

“Let me get this straight, you threaten to kill me, hold me hostage, and you have the audacity to beg for mercy when the joke is on you?”
“Please… Just let us go.”
”…no. No, I don't think I will.
You disconnect the transmission and open fire. You penetrate the shield and breach the hull. After a few seconds, the ship and everyone in it explodes. You call for your fellow pirates to help you take over the CDPR and wait. A huge fleet of ships sporting black and red colors warps in, followed by a massive battleship. The people on the CDPR are overwhelmed and the calamity is executed before he can, you know, become calamity. The CDPR is turned into a pirate cove station and the story ends there.

Though…

Exactly one day later, a huge beam hits the CDPR.
The pirates scramble to their battle stations and start firing in every direction possible. One tiny beam hits a part of a shield, and the ripples occur. It showed a very, very large sheild

Ending 2:

You contemplate the offer and decide to make some concessions. You lean into your microphone and deliver your demands.

“alright. I'll make a deal, you pay me the sum of 15,000,000 credits, and you promise to never show your ship around me again, and I will let you live.”
“Deal. Just let us go.”

You empty out their accounts for a grand total of 14,987,532 credits. They agree to leave you alone forever and you unjam their systems and leave. You arrive in Ketchia and go to the upper level of the field headquarters, as if this was just a normal day.

End.

Idea: Enigineer route.

You are an engineer working on a small station orbiting a small planet used mainly for commerce. The station is called “Hutton Orbital” and has many hundred ships dock in it every day, Your job is to fix those ships up, if needed. It's a dangerous job, because the docking zone in in a vacuum, and your suit is made out of cheap polymer, but you get paid fairly well. One day, however, you are cast away from the station by pirates, forced to fend for yourself in a massive battle, trying not to get killed in the vacuum of space.

Feryll, we need you down of E7. One of those fancy HEON ships got in a fight and needs a new engine.
HEON?
Heon.
Strange. Haven't had one of those is a few years.
Just get the job done.
Alright. I'm on F3 right now, so It'll take me a while to get down there.
They have to leave in 20 hours, so hurry up.
Gotcha.

After about half an hour, you get down to docking pad E7. A medium sized pad, usually reserved for upper-class vehicles, and the one docked on it is certainly upper-class. The XS-17, A small ship, at least compared to it's predecessors, used for transfer of diplomatic officials and cargo. It has a very damaged engine, and is leaking fuel everywhere. You start to get inside to asses the damage to the core, but you hear a loud booming. Thinking nothing of it, you continue the diagnostic, until suddenly the speaker on the ship comes to life, broadcasting a message from the station you were on.

THIS IS NOT A DRILL. HUTTON ORBITAL IS UNDER HEAVY FIRE BY SEVEN (7) PIRATE SHIPS. SECURITY FORCES ARE BEING DEPLOYED, BUT ALL INHABITANTS NEED TO EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY

You see several ships start to leave, many forgetting to detach the fuel lines, causing a massive explosion killing about 17 ships. You know that this is a life or death situation, and you could try to escape using the ship you are currently on, or try to fend for yourself on the station for as long as possible.

Choice 1: Steal the ship.

Choice 2: Leave the ship.

Choice 1:

You know that if you leave the ship, you probably aren't going to survive. You quickly detach the fuel line, and seal the ship. Using a pressure panel, you cover up the fuel leak, and get in the cockpit, taking off your suit. You start up the engine, hoping to god the core wasn't damaged. It starts up normally. Phew. You start up auxiliary systems, and detach the landing gear. Suddenly, the station below you explodes, sending your ship upward, and also causing a suction effect as thousands of spare parts go out of the hole. You were able to quickly escape through the hole, but just as soon as you wiped the sweat off of your forehead, alarms started blaring.

WARNING: SHIELDS AT 0% WARNING: WEAPONS AT 0%. WARNING: MINOR HULL BREACH IN FUEL STORAGE DETECTED, SEALING. WARNING: SHIP UNDER FIRE

After you heard that last warning, your ship suddenly starts spinning out of control. You reroute power to stabilization boosters, and it stops the spinning, but also gives you a clear shot of why you were spinning- a warbird was shooting heavy rounds at your ship, but thankfully they didn't appear to be able to aim very well. You try to go to Frame Shift (equivalent of hyperdrive), but there was just barely enough fuel left to jump to the nearest station. With hesitancy, you press the big red button, and everything fades to black. After what seemed like no time, but was really hours, you wake up again. You studied about frame shift, and you remember that sometimes if a ship is damaged enough, blood will cut off to the brain for a few seconds, causing unconsciousness. You've finally arrived- There is a huge station with four bright red letters on it, “CDPR”. You open communication channels with the station, and explain what happened. You're given a landing pass for a medium sized ship, and you retire as a civillian for the rest of your life…

CHOICE 2:

You know that if you took the ship, you could've been persecuted for theft of a celestial transport vehicle. You decide to try to find a place that you can hide, but suddenly the ground under you breaks. Half of the station is gone, and you are currently floating in a vacuum. You jump off of pieces of debris, trying to find something- Anything. You only have about a minute left of oxygen. You find a sealed room, but as it rotates you can see half of it was blown off. On your final 30 seconds of oxygen, you barely managed to get inside of the ship you didn't want to steal. You think to yourself “It's not stealing, I'm borrowing it, trying to find something to help me!” Of coarse, you ended up using the ship to try to get to the nearest station, but there wasn't any fuel left. It was all spilled in the time you took to find your moral compass. And now you have about an hour of oxygen left before you slowly, and painfully suffocate.

Last edited by Nezon (March 14, 2022 00:59:39)

Nezon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

why does no one seem interested in this

Last edited by Nezon (Sept. 30, 2021 22:03:40)

InternetLizard
Scratcher
500+ posts

Nezon wrote:

No idea, though, that story isn't bad. I will gather up the planets and paste em here.

Starlighter so cool!

BUMP!!!!
Nezon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

InternetLizard wrote:

Nezon wrote:

No idea, though, that story isn't bad. I will gather up the planets and paste em here.
ok.

InternetLizard
Scratcher
500+ posts

Here we go.
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/480963595/
I'm thinking maybe we could add a bonus planet at some point?

Starlighter so cool!

BUMP!!!!
Nezon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

InternetLizard wrote:

Here we go.
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/480963595/
I'm thinking maybe we could add a bonus planet at some point?
Yeah, maybe a secret easteregg

Nezon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Last edited by Nezon (Oct. 1, 2021 02:08:32)

Nezon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

STARLIGHT PLAN GUIDE!

Starlighter is a terraria, subnatica, and Astroneer type game. The goal is to get home.

(basic things to do in this game, not detailed with every part and lore)
in starlighter, you start by scavenging supplies and chunks of your ship that fell off. Then, you create quarters for the npcs to live in, and help them to full health. You start exploring and find a massive alien temple. After a bit of mining and stuff you are able to create a device that powers the temple, and the planet starts moving. You find the XS-1, and you explore it finding creepy lore and stuff, and kill off all the aliens inside. You slowly repair the ship with parts and a new core, which your team helps you with. You also explore your old ship, and have 2 days to explore and kill a boss to get the engine of your ship, and disable the core so it doesn't explode and kill everyone. Then, after you launch the new ship with the survivors, a 2d layout appears of planets and your ship. There's a health bar for hull of ship, sheilds, and buttons for firing lasers and stuff. There are also pirate and alien ships flying around planets. (That's the gameline so far.)

Here's a bit of discussion and useful info: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/480963595/#comments-227447588

Here's basic UI for starlight: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/577651017/

Last edited by Nezon (Oct. 13, 2021 22:21:21)

Nezon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Heine:
Work on building, preset biomes and structures, and then using items. Then, crafting and researching.

Internetlizard:

npc lore and art, and whatever music you guys want

Cool kid:
Create a good and not glitchy physics engine for heine.

Nezon and morecanstine:

procastinate on everything

NormalMaker:
Think of and write some lore for planets, and if you want to, you can help make the original post better

BadHuman_
create some sound effects

_PotatoMaster_
idk

If i missed one of you tell me lol

Last edited by Nezon (Feb. 7, 2022 06:08:05)

Morecanstine
Scratcher
100+ posts

I AM IS A ART MAN

I get the sentiment and I respect Ukrainian sovereignty, but spamming blue and yellow and putting #standwithukraine isn't helping, it just makes you look like a clout chaser.

That being said, Vladimir Putin is an idiot and if I could go fight in Ukraine I would. Hang in there, Kyiv.